Phil Collins discusses Michael Jackson child sex abuse claims: "There's no smoke without fire"

Re: Phil Collins discusses Michael Jackson child sex abuse claims: "There's no smoke without fire"

This is complete bullshit.

What use are a couple of quotes taken out of a interview?

Let us read the interview so we can understand the context of those quotes.

100,000,000,000,000% clickbait crap!

Why doesn't NME try to actually promote artists instead of dragging them into the gutter?

Re: Phil Collins discusses Michael Jackson child sex abuse claims: "There's no smoke without fire"

If he said that, in the sense of speaking about Michael and the allegations he was faced with in '93 and '03. Welp, quite frankly, screw you, Mr. Collins.

Tax dodger should crawl back under his swiss rock. Hasnt been relevent in 25 years. I guess attacking mj gets you some attention

Tax dodger should crawl back under his swiss rock. Hasnt been relevent in 25 years. I guess attacking mj gets you some attention

How exactly is he attacking Michael?

The "no smoke without fire" comment means you believe the story is true

No smoke without fire means you believe the person is guilty of what they're being accused of...that's an attack on Michaels character and what he stood for. Is that not self explanatory? Unless I'm missing the point of your question chris123678?

Thanks stacey

Genesis and Phil Collins are my favorites, even before Michael. Sorry Michael.

But Collins, while a brilliant songwriter and musician, says the stupidest things sometimes. This is one of those things. I wouldn't read into it any more than Collins is a bit of an airhead.

Also, he said "murkier." There are a lot of things said about Michael, not just the child molestation allegations. That may have been what he meant.

Collins may have also never done research on the allegations, if he's commenting on them. Plenty of people haven't, and just rely on what the papers and TV say. If you're a Genesis fan like I am, you'd know that Collins pretty much disappeared into beer and whisky bottles from about 1996-recently. He's a recovering alcoholic with depression. Again, I wouldn't read too much into this.

Last edited:

^ understood but it's still going to annoy MJ fans.. Plus to most of us it's about the influence peoples words have on the general public.. despite whatever the intent behind it.

No smoke without fire means you believe the person is guilty of what they're being accused of...that's an attack on Michaels character and what he stood for. Is that not self explanatory? Unless I'm missing the point of your question chris123678?

If Phil Collins really believed Michael was guilty, then why did he have no problem with his kids playing in Michael's room? That entire article makes no sense, because one minute Phil is saying that he had no problem with his kids being with Michael, and then the next minute he's saying there's no smoke without fire.

And if Phil Collins REALLY believed Michael was guilty, and STILL let his kids hangout with him, then that would make Phil Collins a horrible parent. Because if I knew someone who I thought was a child molestor there's NO WAY I'd let my kids hangout with him/her.

But Phil Collins has been very supportive towards MJ over the years, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt

Re: Phil Collins on Michael Jackson child molestation claims: 'There is no smoke without some fire'

Anyone who believes in the no smoke... theory in this day an age with the amount of bogus claims against many people is nothing more than an idiot
Where there is smoke there is fire. But it is also true where there is smoke, it could be dry ice. And I agree with you. These bogus claims have always been around but now it is a money making thing. Remember, a lot of men at now being let go from prison after serving years due to people thinking "where there is smoke, there maybe fire" and why some unarmed people are being shot by some cops. everything is not what is seems.

Re: Phil Collins on Michael Jackson child molestation claims: 'There is no smoke without some fire'

Anyone who believes in the no smoke... theory in this day an age with the amount of bogus claims against many people is nothing more than an idiot

You're 100% right.

People have spent decades in prison for crimes they didn't commit. Some died in prison, others executed.

This attitude leads to witch hunts. And only idiots take part in such barbaric practices.

I do not believe it at all.

None of us here believe it here.. We've studied it!! We can't fault people for not doing the same though.. If we did not care enough to study it, some of us would believe the BS..

I'm sure there are plenty of cases we've heard that we bought into because we did not care enough to research ourselves..

Still is a stupid thing for Phil to say knowing he is a public figure and the reach he has.. AND the fact Michael was acquitted

Back