Not open for further replies.
"Wings Without Me"
written by Michael Jackson
from his book: Dancing the Dream
(Spoken Word by Sofurgo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[youtube]5EOpUyagkgM[/youtube]

Wings Without Me By: Michael Jackson

Wings Without Me
It was August, and I was looking up at the sky. With one hand sheilding my eyes, I made out a falcon soaring on the currents of hot swirling air. Higher and higher it spiraled, until with one unearthy shriek, it disappeared.

All at once I felt left behind. "Why did you grow wings without me?" I mourned. Then my spirit said, "The falcon's way is not the only way. Your thoughts are as free as any bird." So I shut my eyes and my spirit took off, spiraling as high as the falcon and then beyond, so that I was looking down over the whole earth.

But something was wrong. Why did I feel so cold and alone?
"You grew wings without me," my heart said. "What good is freedom without love?" So I went quietly to the bed of a sick child and sang him a lullaby. He fell asleep smiling, and my heart took off, joining my spirit as it circled over the earth. I was free and loving, but still something was wrong.
"You grew wings without me," my body said. "Your flights are only imagination." So I looked into books that I had ignored before and read about saints in every age who actaully flew. In India, Persia, China, and Spain(even in Los Angeles!), the power of spirit has reached, not just into the heart, but into every cell of the body. "As if carried aloft by a great eagle," Saint Teresa said, "my ecstasy lifted me into the air."

I began to believe in this amazing feat, and for the first time, I didn't feel left behind. I was the falcon and the child and the saint. In my eyes their lives became sacred, and the truth came home:
When all life is seen as divine, eveyone grows wings.

Michael Jackson

Last edited:
Was Michael Jackson a Buddhist at Heart?

2042239_com_mj.jpg

While Michael Jackson did not identify himself as a Buddhist or a Taoist, many of his ideas and creative efforts have a distinctly Eastern flavor.

The unexpected 2009 death of pre-eminent pop music icon Michael Jackson sent shock waves around the world, affecting fans, admirers, and critics alike. Jackson's music inspired millions in virtually every nation on Earth, and despite a troubled personal life, his positive message of hope and triumph against adversity will live on in his musical and cultural legacy.

Michael Jackson's songs and interviews often contained what many perceive to be spiritual themes. Although Jackson was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, he often seemed to reach beyond that tradition and embrace a more "universal" flavor of spirituality. In many ways, the ideas Jackson expressed are similar to those found in the traditions of Buddhism and Taoism.

One With Everything - Michael Jackson's Creative Consciousness
In a piece called "The Dance," from the inlay sleeve of his 1991 album Dangerous, Jackson writes:

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the Creator. Dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye but the dance lives on. On many an occasion when I am dancing, I have felt touched by something sacred. In those moments, I felt my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists. I become the stars and the moon. I become the lover and the beloved. I become the victor and the vanquished. I become the master and the slave. I become the singer and the song. I become the knower and the known. I keep on dancing and then, it is the eternal dance of creation. The Creator and the creation merge into one wholeness of joy. I keep on dancing — until there is only ... the dance."

The flavor of Jackson's writing here is unmistakably Eastern. Buddhism, Taoism, and Hinduism all point to this fundamental "oneness" experience in very similar terms. In these traditions, one is taught to identify with the creative essence of life to the point that one's own identity merges with this universal creativity. Although it is unclear whether Jackson had any significant background in Eastern spiritual philosophy, the passage above is almost indistinguishable from similar writings by authors such as Alan Watts, who helped popularize these concepts in the West.

Michael Jackson's View on the Creative Process

In a similar vein, Jackson expressed his thoughts on the source of his prodigious creativity in a 1983 Rolling Stone interview:

"I wake up from dreams and go, 'Wow, put this down on paper.' The whole thing is strange. You hear the words, everything is right there in front of your face. And you say to yourself, 'I'm sorry, I just didn't write this. It's there already.' That's why I hate to take credit for the songs I've written. I feel that somewhere, someplace, it's been done and I'm just a courier bringing it into the world. I really believe that."

In many Eastern spiritual traditions, individual creativity is seen as a process of accessing the universal creative principle which exists within all places and times. Jackson's approach to the creative process is consistent with these traditions, and reflects a belief that the source of individual creativity is not oneself, but the greater reality beyond, of which one is merely an aspect.

Healing the World - Michael Jackson as Bodhisattva

In Buddhism, the concept of the Bodhisattva is an important element of the spiritual tradition. The Bodhisattva is an enlightened being who has chosen to remain among the people of the world in order to cultivate wisdom and compassion.

While it would be difficult to argue that Jackson, a complicated man who seems to have had little experience with such Buddhist concepts, could be called a "enlightened being" in the traditional sense, it is nonetheless true that much of his music did express values many Buddhists would readily embrace.

For example, these lyrics from Can You Feel It, a song on 1980's Triumph album, are a call for compassion and mutual understanding:

All the colors of the world should be / Loving each other wholeheartedly / Yes, it's alright. / Take my message to your brother and tell him twice, / Spread the word and try to teach the man / Who's hating his brother when hate won't do, / When we're all the same, / 'Cause the blood inside me is inside of you.

Similarly, the following lyrics from Heal The World (Dangerous, 1991) convey a similar message:

Heal the world, make it a better place, / For you and for me and the entire human race, / There are people dying, but if you care enough for the living, / Make a better place for you and for me.

Finally, who can forget We Are The World, which united famous recording artists of all genres and backgrounds in an effort to relieve human misery in the world's poorest regions?

Michael Jackson's Legacy
Although his personal life and career were repeatedly marred by complex and sometimes disturbing elements, Jackson's music often embodied a message of hope and compassion - a message which reached many millions of people around the world.

While Jackson is unlikely to be considered a Bodhisattva in the traditional Buddhist sense, his life and his irrepressible creativity suggest a connection with the sort of universal spiritual values celebrated not only in Eastern traditions, but in the hearts and minds of people everywhere.

Source: http://buddhismtaoism.suite101.com/article.cfm/was_michael_jackson_a_buddhist_at_heart

Michael Jackson - Dream of Love

Michael put Love and Light into the world. Love was his message, pure and simple. We are all one, we are one in love. :heart:

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
~ Michael Jackson

Last edited:
Thank you, for posting this video.
God Bless You,
angel3l.gif
MJJLaugh.

Michael Jackson - Dream of Love

Michael put Love and Light into the world. Love was his message, pure and simple. We are all one, we are one in love. :heart:

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
~ Michael Jackson

Inspirational Thoughts: Letter to Michael Jackson

Dear Michael Jackson,

I never thought I would come to this point of writing you a letter. I know you because you are famous. Who wouldn’t know the King of Pop, Michael Jackson? I know some of your music and your songs. But I don’t really know you, do I? I would still consider you to be a stranger in many sense of the word.

And yet here I am prodded to write you a letter. I honestly felt strange the first time this thought came into my mind and I brushed it aside as quickly as it came in. But today the prodding has come back more intensely this time. There have been many moments in my life when I followed my instincts and before I change my mind, I find myself writing my thoughts and reflections. So here I am.

1448350_f248.jpg

I still remember giving an orientation to the parents in our preschool. After that, I had to rush to a very important gathering. It was my dad’s birthday. I don’t get to celebrate my dad’s birthday a lot because I’ve been away from home since I was around eight years old. So a celebration like this particular birthday was important to me. And I was running late. But it didn’t matter that I was late, I was just happy to be there at the end of my day, grateful to have had the chance to celebrate his birthday with my brothers and their wives and some of our relatives.

The following day he was on his way back home to my mom. And that’s when the news of your death came. It’s still June 25 on your side of the world. This struck me…the cycle of life – one moment celebrating a birthday and the next, hearing the news of your passing away. Life has many of those moments. How many times have we grieved while others are celebrating the birth of a newborn son or daughter? Is it unfair? Is life cruel? As tough as it may seem, esp. to those who are left behind, it made me realize that we constantly face the truth of the cycle of life -- birth and death.

1448351_f260.jpg

The past weeks have been filled with news about you and your kids and everything in between. I’ve observed how people have reacted. There were those who grieved and mourned for you just as there were those who scorned and mocked you. People talked about you a lot! Many stories about you came up and varying opinions are brought forth here and there.

As I listened to these stories and watched the memorial in honor of you, I couldn’t help but reflect some more.

1448485_f248.jpg

Each of us has a gift to share to the world
Whether it is Michael Jackson, the King of Pop singing and dancing or making music; or a mother cradling a baby in her arms; or a teacher passionately teaching her students, we all have a different gift to share to the world. This gift shared with love and passion can ignite many people to find the light within them and share that gift too. You are one of those who have inspired many. Your passion clearly shone through and your gift of music has wrought changes in people’s lives.

Some years ago, during our culminating program the preschool kids sang “Heal the World” for our grand finale. You should have seen our kids! I was proud of each one of them. I still remember being on that stage with our teachers and the kids singing their hearts out, “Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race. There are people dying, if we care enough for the living, make a better place for you and for me.” As we all sang those words, I was teary-eyed. It resonated within me the desire to make the world a better place from where I was and it affected me deeply.

I believe that if for one moment in time, you have been touched by an inspiration, moved beyond words to do something great or to love more, encouraged and uplifted out of despair, and being awakened to see who you truly are, that person have just shared with you a gift. This I tell you Michael Jackson, you have given to many that gift.

1449182_f248.jpg

The people closest to us are the ones who truly know who we are and love us anyway
This reflection came to me when I heard the varying voices of people commenting who you are in their eyes. And it dawned on me that it’s the people closest to us who truly know us. When I wrote about my dear friend Dayzeebee in my hub “Driving Miss Daisy Crazy,” I felt the same thing. Most people label her as someone who is intimidating and strict trainer/director, but in our friendship I know her as someone who has a very tender and loving heart, playful and laughs at my silliness and has dreams like everyone else.

I’ve heard several people share their stories about the wonderful moments they have had with you. And I may not know you but these stories again resonate within me. Why? For me stories that show the goodness of each person are something to celebrate. Stories that came from your family and friends to those who work for you and with you and these stories show that you are such a caring and sweet person. Now Michael, there are also stories about you that were not so nice and when I listened to those, I frowned and asked, “Could that be true?” And that is why the statement came again with such force, “The people closest to you are the ones who truly know you.”

I have to laugh though when people commented that Paris and Prince and Blanket and the many speculations about them maybe even not being your children. Personally I was thinking, “What difference would it make?” You were their daddy and that’s it. Is it not the same as those who have decided to adopt a child? Does the nationality matter or where they originated from?

When the curtains are closed and the lights are out, it is exactly the very people closest to us who really knows us deep down and we rejoice when we discover that they love us anyway – imperfections and all. As I am writing this, I am very much aware of the wonderful combination of complexities that reside in each one of us – the faults and the weaknesses we all have along with the glorious and beautiful spirit as well.

1448455_f248.jpg

We are all connected to each other
When I was little girl, I would ask God why did people fight and hate each other? I was always asking God “Why?” like “Why are material things more important than relationships?” or “Why do we have different color and race and religion?” There were so many things I wanted to understand but couldn’t. And through the years, some of the questions have been answered as new ones emerged. But one thing I discovered was that we are all connected to each other. No matter what kind of house or mansion or a palace we lived in, or what work we do, we have within us the similarities as well as the differences.

How many of us have experienced fear, worry, anxiety, doubts, facing lonely nights, the yearning to feel needed and loved, the desire to find our life’s purpose, the joy found in warm and caring relationships, the longing to be happy? The list goes on and on. I believe that in one way or the other, we all experience many similarities in feelings and emotions even if the circumstances may be different.

It is true! We all go through the pain and sorrow as well as the joy and hope found in life.

If we are able to recognize how connected we all are, we would stop judging one another and instead show compassion and mercy and empathy and extend a hand whenever it is needed.

1449040_f248.jpg

What matters most is how much we have loved
Many people were touched when Paris spoke up about missing you and you being the best daddy in the world. That moment made you “human” in the eyes of the people. You were not just this public famous figure or the King of Pop…you were daddy. I got teary eyed actually because I could feel the raw emotion coming from her as she spoke those words. That spoke a lot about your relationship with your children.

The last reflection came to me that at the end of the day, what really matters after all is the knowing how much we have loved and experienced that love in return. No amount of money or fame can ever replace love. I truly hope Michael that you have experienced that beautiful love from the people closest to you. Even if you or your life was not perfect in the eyes of the world, I hope the love you’ve had gave you enough solace, comfort and joy.

I would like now to speak to the little boy within you, the little Michael Jackson
Little Michael Jackson, I just want to let you know how proud I am of you for sharing your gift of music to the world. It is a beautiful and magnificent gift. You were in your element when you expressed yourself through singing and dancing and creating. And guess what? Even if you are no longer here, your music lives on. It’s okay. There is nothing to fear now. Go into the light. There you are free to dance, to sing, to remove your masks and just be yourself. Nothing there can harm you. Feel the love that surrounds you. Breathe deeply the warmth and care that you yearn for. All is well. Go into the light. God awaits you. You are loved.

Love and Light,
Michelle Simtoco
July 11, 2009

Source:
http://hubpages.com/hub/Inspirational-Thoughts--Letter-to-Michael-Jackson

L.O.V.E - Michael Jackson & Diana Ross

Love has a language of its own.

Smiling is Infectious

Jackson_Day_(01-07-1979).jpg

American_Music_Awards_(18-01-1980).jpg

Smiling is infectious

You catch it like the flu

When someone smiled at me today

I started smiling too

I walked around the corner

And someone saw me grin

When he smiled I realised

I had passed it on to him

I thought about the smile

And then realised its worth

A single smile like mine

Could travel round the earth

So if you feel a smile begin

Don't leave it undetected

Start an epidemic

And get the world infected.

Gala_Dinner_in_Dubai_(14-11-2005).jpg

Michael_Shops_For_Model_Airplane_(23-10-2008).jpg

The Unfolding of the Life of Michael Jackson: A World Composition

A tiny bud–sturdy, strong, engaging! We watched it open, peek out, and slowly unfold into a glowing leaf. The first glance told us it was special! We stared, held our breath, clapped our hands, and were introduced to the electrifying energy of Michael Jackson!

Yesterday, he entered the grand theater of life, walked onto the largest stage, and captivated an audience with the ultimate composition. As I watched networks rush to put together “The Michael Jackson Story,” I detected a common thread that ran through each one–show the good, the bad and the ugly. I wondered why that had to be. The voice of reason would say, “Well, you can’t tell a story unless you tell the WHOLE story. I say, “I am not the voice of human logic, I am the voice of divine intelligence, and I can tell the whole story WITHOUT the bad and ugly.” It all depends on one’s perception of what the whole story is. I say one’s life is defined by the divine qualities that he expresses. Let’s take a look at Michael Jackson.

His harmonies opened the closed doors of racism, his melodies softened the hearts of mankind; he played the high and low notes of life, and moon-walked across the measures of childlike trust. Sometimes there was dissonance in the demonstration of his music, but show me a song in everyone’s life that does not have discordant notes. As we go forth with our storytelling, let us remember, “everyone has a story, even you!”

To the family of Michael Jackson, I say, I feel your grief, hear your pain, and see your tears. Our thoughts and prayers are with you to support, sustain and love.

Source: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com...ichael-Jackson-A-World-Composition/m-p/358219

Michael Jackson Bless his Soul

Michael, I love you. I love your music and the short films. My life is richer and has more meaning because I found you. But more than the artist and entertainer - Michael Jackson - I love you because of the shining light from your soul, the love that radiates from your eyes, the wisdom in your words, the kindness that spoke volumes through your selfless actions, your faith in the goodness of mankind despite all that you went through, your profound spirituality, your love for children, animals, trees and nature. Seeing God in radiant, happy, trusting innocent faces of children, being the greatest entertainer on the face of the planet yet so humble and shy, your funloving, prankster nature, your sweet smile, your infectious laughter. There are not enough words to describe the love I have for you in my heart, and for everyone that you loved. I love you forever!

Last edited:
Michael reflected carefully here about the importance of inner growth, to look at a level of responsability, Which, nowadays , within ourselves, is both not understood, not assumed. Hopefully we can do one day... take a look at ourselves... individually... Then transform reality.

[youtube]ywcta2FtLoY&feature[/youtube]

THAT ONE IN THE MIRROR

I wanted to change the world, so I got up one morning and looked in the mirror. That one looking back said, There is not much time left. The earth is wracked with pain. Children are starving. Nations remain divided by mistrust and hatred. Everywhere the air and water have been fouled almost beyond help. Do something!
That one in the mirror felt very angry and desperate. Everything looked like a mess, a tragedy, a disaster. I decided he must be right. Didnt I feel terrible about these things, too, just like him? The planet was being used up and thrown away. Imagining earthly life just one generation from now made me feel panicky.

It was not hard to find the good people who wanted to solve the earths problems. As I listened to their solutions, I thought, There is so much good will here, so much concern. At night before going to bed, that one in the mirror looked back at me seriously, Now well get somewhere, he declared. If everybody does their part.

But everybody didnt do their part. Some did, but were they stopping the tide? Were pain, starvation, hatred, and pollution about to be solved? Wishing wouldnt make it so — I knew that. When I woke up the next morning, that one in the mirror looked confused. Maybe its hopeless, he whispered. Then a sly look came into his eyes, and he shrugged. But you and I will survive. At least we are doing all right.

I felt strange when he said that. There was something very wrong here. A faint suspicion came to me, one that had never dawned so clearly before. What if that one in the mirror isnt me? He feels separate. He sees problems out there to be solved. Maybe they will be, maybe they wont. Hell get along. But I dont feel that way — those problems arent out there, not really. I feel them inside me. A child crying in Ethiopia, a sea gull struggling pathetically in an oil spill, a mountain gorilla being mercilessly hunted, a teenage soldier trembling with terror when he hears the planes fly over: Arent these happening in me when I see and hear about them?

The next time I looked in the mirror, that one looking back had started to fade. It was only an image after all. It showed me a solitary person enclosed in a neat package of skin and bones. Did I once think you were me? I began to wonder. I am not so separate and afraid. The pain of life touches me, but the joy of life is so much stronger. And it alone will heal. Life is the healer of life, and the most I can do for the earth is to be its loving child.

That one in the mirror winced and squirmed. He hadnt thought so much about love. Seeing problems was much easier, because love means complete self-honesty. Ouch!

Oh, friend, I whispered to him, do you think anything can solve problems without love? That one in the mirror wasnt sure. Being alone for so long, not trusting others and being trusted by others, it tended to detach itself from the reality of life. Is love more real than pain? he asked.

I cant promise that it is. But it might be. Lets discover, I said. I touched the mirror with a grin. Lets not be alone again. Will you be my partner? I hear a dance starting up. Come. That one in the mirror smiled shyly. He was realizing we could be best friends. We could be more peaceful, more loving, more honest with each other every day.

Would that change the world? I think it will, because Mother Earth wants us to be happy and to love her as we tend her needs. She needs fearless people on her side, whose courage comes from being part of her, like a baby who is brave enough to walk because Mother is holding out her arms to catch him. When that one in the mirror is full of love for me and for him, there is no room for fear. When we were afraid and panicky, we stopped loving this life of ours and this earth. We disconnected. Yet how can anybody rush to help the earth if they feel disconnected? Perhaps the earth is telling us what she wants, and by not listening, we fall back on our own fear and panic.

One thing I know: I never feel alone when I am earths child. I do not have to cling to my personal survival as long as I realize, day by day, that all of life is in me. The children and their pain; the children and their joy. The ocean swelling under the sun; the ocean weeping with black oil. The animals hunted in fear; the animals bursting with the sheer joy of being alive.

This sense of the world in me is how I always want to feel. That one in the mirror has his doubts sometimes. So I am tender with him. Every morning I touch the mirror and whisper, Oh, friend, I hear a dance. Will you be my partner? Come.

**DANCING THE DREAM by Michael Jackson**

Real Magic and Michael
by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

In 1992 when the time came to write a dedication for my book Real Magic, I decided to recognize three special people—my dear daughter Saje, my spiritual brother Deepak Chopra, and my friend pop superstar Michael Jackson. I wanted to recognize Michael “whose words, music, and love remind us that it is only through giving that we are saving our own lives.” Michael Jackson had a special relationship with the principles of Real Magic, the idea of “creating miracles in everyday life.” With his enormous musical talent, he created a body of work that brought joy to millions. My children and I spent five very happy days with him at Neverland in 1991. He wanted to talk to me about “real magic,” but the truth is, he already had the magic—the power he needed to dream and create and give. Michael was dedicated to ending world hunger and helped create the 1985 “We Are the World” celebrity sing-along that brought together some of the biggest names in popular music to raise funds for famine relief in Africa. I didn’t have to explain “real magic” to Michael because he was already a spiritual being, already kind, loving, and ready to use his musical gift to create miracles. Along with millions of people around the world, I say, thank you, Michael, for sharing your amazing talent to lift our spirits. I’ll remember you as a beautiful human being with a heart as big as the sky.

Namaste,

Wayne

Michael Jackson SEXY magic ♡♥♡

Unseen footage, yeah!
Sexy Michael, yeah, yeah, yeah! :heart:

Ohh That's a great video! :) Glad to see someone took it from that awful VH1 airing and made it positive.

Last edited:
Speeches & Statements
Michael's Speeches and Statements Throughout the Years - Part 1

Over the years, Michael Jackson made speeches, announcements and statements reflecting his philanthropic and peace-oriented pursuits on occasion of award ceremonies, press conferences and other special events. Here are some of these efforts:

On occasion of the 1984 Bobby Poe Convention, the entertainer is awarded the first "Neil Bogart Memorial Award” - on behalf of the "Neil Bogart Memorial Fund" - (today titled "The Bogart Pediatric Cancer Research Program"), for which he declares the following: „I’m sorry that I couldn’t be with you tonight to shake all your hands personally, but I wanna thank all of you attending the "Bobby Poe Convention" for all the support you’ve given me over the last three years. I also wanna tell you what an honor it is to be chosen the first recipient of the „Neil Bogart Memorial Award”, and that it will always stand out as one of the most treasured honors of my career. Again, my sincerest thanks to Bobby Poe and all those involved in this wonderful Convention. Thank you very much.”

On February 28, 1984, on accepting the "Best Recording For Children" award at the 26th Grammy Awards, he declares: "Of all the awards I’ve got now, I’m most proud of this one, honestly. Because I think children are a great inspiration and this album is not [only] for children, it’s for everyone. And I’m so happy and I’m so proud..And I’ll just say thank you so much."

On July 5, 1984, on occasion of a Jacksons’ press conference at former restaurant, "Tavern on the Green", in New York City, USA, Michael Jackson expresses his disagreement on the American Victory Tour’s high prices and announces that he would donate his entire share of money to charity. He declares: “We're beginning our tour tomorrow and I wanted to talk to you about something of great concern to me. We've worked a long time to make this show the best it can be. But we know a lot of kids are having trouble getting tickets. The other day, I got a letter from a girl in Texas named Ladonna Jones. She'd been saving her money from odd jobs to buy a ticket, but with the current tour system, she'd have to buy four tickets and she couldn't afford that. So, I've asked our promoter to work out a new way of distributing tickets, a way that no longer requires a $120.00 money order. There has been a lot of talk about the promoter holding the money for tickets that didn't sell. I've asked our promoter to end the mail order ticket system as soon as possible, so that no one will pay money unless they get a ticket. Finally, and most importantly, there's something else I am going to announce today. I wanted you to know that when I first agreed to tour, I decided to donate all the money I make from our performances to charity.”

Close to the end of 1984, Michael Jackson releases his first firm and to-the-point press statement in which he refutes some of the many rumors or lies created by the media: “For some time now, I’ve been searching my conscience as to whether or not I should publicly react to the many falsehoods that have been spread about me. I have decided to make this statement based on the injustice of these allegations and the far-reaching trauma those ho feel close to me are suffering. I feel very fortunate to have been blessed with recognition for my efforts. This recognition also brings with it a responsibility to one’s admirers throughout the world. Performers should always serve as role models who set an example for young people. It saddens me that many may actually believe the present flurry of false accusations: “No! I’ve never taken hormones to maintain my high voice. No! I’ve never had cosmetic surgery on my eyes. Yes! One day in the future I plan to get married and have a family. Any statements to the contrary are simply not true. I have advised my attorneys on my willingness to institute legal action and subsequently prosecute all guilty to the fullest extent of the law. As noted earlier, I love children. We all know that kids are very impressionable and therefore susceptible to such stories. I’m certain that some have already been hurt by this terrible slander. In addition to their admiration, I would like to keep their respect.”

Before the recording of “We Are The World” begins, January 28, 1985, at A&M Lion Share Studios in Los Angeles, California, Ken Kragen, one of the organizers, addresses the group about distributing the proceeds from the record sales to be funneled directly to the target audience. Bob Geldoff, organizer of Band Aid and Live Aid also speaks to the group. Afterwards, Michael Jackson shyly describes the song as “a love song to inspire concern about a faraway place close to home”. On the back cover of “We Are The World” – the book are comments made by some of the members of “USA For Africa” project (United Support of Artists for Africa), including Jackson’s thoughts and feelings on the song: “When I was asked to write the song, I put my soul into it. That’s really my statement.”

On February 25, 1986, on accepting "Song of the Year" award next to Lionel Richie for "We Are The World", at the 28th Grammy Awards, he makes the following brief speech: "First, I’d like to thank God, and I’d like to say thank you for choosing Lionel and myself to write "We Are The World". I thank Quincy Jones, who was the greatest producer to me. And I also like to say, when you leave here, remember the children. Thank you."

In September, 1987, in Osaka, Japan, the entertainer announces the dedication of his Japanese tour and each performance of song "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" to Yoshiaki Hagiwara, a 5-year old boy who has been recently kidnapped and murdered. A couple of days later, while on stage in Yokohama, Japan, he reiterates his dedication of his Japanese tour to the boy, and speaks a few additional words of hope: "I'm very sorry and deeply saddened to hear about Yoshiyaki. If I could, I would rush to his parents to express my words of sympathy and pay tribute to Yoshiyaki. I would like to dedicate my Japanese tour to Yoshiyaki. Yoshiyaki, I know you're out there watching us. I hope such a brutal and heartbreaking thing will never happen again...and I love you."

On March 1, 1988, overwhelmed and awed by the outpouring of accolades he receives at the Sheraton Hotel in New York City, N.Y., when he donated all proceeds from a concert there to the UNCF and was recompensed with an honorary degree and award for his charitable contributions, he shyly declares: “I can’t believe I’m a little nervous, but I really am embarrassed. I appreciate everybody coming. First, I do want to thank God, who makes everything possible. Then, my dear mother and father who are in the audience, thank you for all you have done for me. I really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.”[/i Afterwards, he goes on with a special praise for the UNCF: "I would like to say this about the United Negro College Fund. An education opens a person's mind to the entire world, and there is nothing more important than to make sure everyone has the opportunity for an education. To want to learn, to have the capacity to learn and not to be able to is a tragedy. I am honored to be associated with an evening that says this will never happen. Thank you. I love you all." The superstar then reveals to “Ebony” why he has been and still is involved in charitable and humanitarian deeds: “I feel very fortunate to have been blessed with recognition for my efforts. This recognition also brings with it a responsibility to one’s admirers throughout the world. Performers should always serve as role models who set examples for young people.”

On October 23, 1988, he announces a substantial donation for the Motown Museum in Detroit, Michigan: „It’s great to be here. I’m happy and proud to give back to the soil from which I came. Berry Gordy made it all possible for me, and I want to say I love you, Berry, and thank you.”

In 1988, Michael Jackson narrates a news report about his BAD World Tour, also sharing his feelings on the successful and best-selling charity single, "We Are The World": "Co-writing "We Are The World" with Lionel Richie just had to be the most satisfying time of my professional career... What jubilation...This '87-'88 tour began in Japan and the reactions were wonderful. People are so sincere and hospitable (there). Thank you, Japan.. We were scheduled to do nine concerts, but there was so much demand [that] we did fourteen. [...] I wanna go back to Australia. The people are so much fun there, especially the young people. [...]"

On October 11, 1989, Jackson has this to say on being honored with the "Michael Jackson Auditorium" plate, symbol of then renamed Gardner Street Elementary School from Los Angeles, California: "I’m deeply touched and honored that the PTA, principal and faculty members, that students have been so kind as to dedicate the Auditorium, where I sat as a child, in my honor. I will never forget that the children are our future, and without them, mankind would become extinct. I thank Mrs. Gerstin, I love you, and Ms. Rose Fine (the Jackson 5’s former tutor), I love you, and the Garden Street School associates and all the children. I love you. Thank you." After being presented with the plaque, a student presents him with a key to the school, then Jackson joins the student choir in singing "We Are The World", after which he unveils the new renamed auditorium and is given a tour of the school. While visiting his old classroom, he autographs the wall with the marker which reads: "Michael Jackson - Love the children".

In 1989, on occasion of receiving the “Rock Over Europe Award” for Best Children Of The World Music Video, he says: “I love it. On behalf of all the children around the world, I say I love you all. Thank you very much.”

On winning Best R&B/Urban Contemporary Music Video for the socially-conscious, „Man In The Mirror”, at the 1989 Soul Train Music Awards in April, he declares the following:„I want to thank the entire public; I want to thank everybody who worked on these wonderful projects. I like to thank all the children at the Cleveland School in Stockton, California…I love them very much; and you, the public, thank you very much. I love you.”

At the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel, on being honored with an award for being CBS Records' best-selling artist of the '80's, on February 20, 1990 he makes a brief speech, in which he says: "[...] Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. I'm sure it won't surprise you that I'm gonna make this one short again, but I have to say, however, that no album sells itself. It's up to the people out there to buy it, and so, I not only want to thank CBS Records and Epic Records, but I especially want to thank everyone everywhere who helped make this award what it is, first a possibility, and now a reality. Thank you, Quincy Jones, thank you, Dave Glew, thank you, Bruce Swedien, John Branca, Mother and Joseph, Walter Yetnikoff and Hank Caldwell. And all of the children of the world. I love you Goodbye."

On April 5, 1990, on being honored at the White House by President Bush with the Point of Light humanitarian award, he addresses a few words of gratitude for being guest of honor at a museum fund-raising reception: "I'd like to thank the Kays and Karen for their wonderful hospitality, and little Lauren for showing me around today and being so kind. Thank you very much."

On receiving the "BMI Michael Jackson Award" on May 8, 1990 for career excellence at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel, he has this to say: "It is a pleasure to be associated with such a fine organization and I only hope to be celebrating BMI's widespread accomplishments five decades from now. I'm honored and happy to be in the room with so many people I admire. I love you very much."

On September 14, 1990, on being honored with the first "Michael Jackson Good Scout Humanitarian Award" by the Los Angeles council of Boy Scouts of America, he declares the following: "On behalf of the millions of past, present and future Boy Scouts, I will try to abide by your motto of being prepared and always extending a helping hand".

The music video for the racially-conscious "Black or White" was first broadcast on November 14, 1991. Controversy was generated concerning the last four minutes of the original music video, as a result, this last part was removed. Jackson walks out of the studio as a black panther and then morphs into himself. The “panther dance” or “silent panther” performance” contained in these last few minutes was Jackson’s angrier, yet misunderstood political statement against “injustice and prejudice and racism and bigotry”, as he would state in an 1999 TV interview. “[…] Within the dance I became upset and let go”, he adds. Shortly after the video’s release, the singer issues an apology statement to those that became sensitive over the mentioned scenes: "It upsets me to think that 'Black Or White' could influence any child or adult to destructive behavior. I've always tried to be a good role model and, therefore, have made these changes to avoid any possibility of adversely affecting any individual's behavior. I deeply regret any pain or hurt that the final segment of 'Black Or White' has caused children, their parents or other viewers."

On February 3, 1992, before the kick-off of his Dangerous World Tour, he releases a statement in appreciation for the sponsor of this tour - the Pepsi-Cola Corporation – and announces the creation of his "Heal The World Foundation" ("HTW"), which, beside "Camp Ronald McDonald" and "Make A Wish Foundation", battles against AIDS and Juvenile Diabetes. He continues: "The only reason I’m going on tour is to raise funds for the newly formed Heal The World, an international children’s charity that I’m spearheading to assist children and the ecology", adding that he intends to gross one hundred million dollars "by Christmas, 1993" with the help of other benevolent donators. He also declares that "HTWF" will benefit organizations as "Camp Ronald McDonald", "Make A Wish Foundation", "Pediatric AIDS" "in honor of my friend, Ryan White", "Children Diabetes", "Minority Aids Foundation". After his speech, The St. Thomas Boys Choir sing "Heal The World", which touches him. "When I composed the song, it was my dream to hear it performed the way they just performed it, with such innocence and beauty. It took everything to keep me from crying", declares Jackson.

On May 1, 1992, after accepting the second Point Of Light award from former President George Bush Sr., he briefly declares that "I wanted to come to lunch, because I believe each person can make a difference in the life of someone in need. That is what a Point Of Light is. I'm very, very happy to be here. I love you all. Thank you very much."

On June 23, 1992, at a press conference in London, U.K., he makes an announcement regarding the establishment of the "Heal The World Foundation" ("HTWF") and its mission:"[…] Our children are the most beautiful, most sweet, most treasured of our creations. And yet, every minute at least 28 children die. Today our children are at risk of being killed by diseases and by the violence of war, guns, abuse and neglect. Children have few rights and no one to speak for them. They have no voice in our world. God and nature has blessed me with a voice. Now I want to use it to help children speak for themselves. I have founded the "Heal The World Foundation" to be the voice of the voiceless: the children. Please join with me and the children to help heal the world together. Parents, communities, governments, all people of the world, we must put our children first. Finally and most importantly, I want to tell the children of the world, you are all our children, each one of you is my child and I love you all. Thank you very much."

In September, 1992, during the MTV Video Music Awards telecast, a public service announcement by Michael Jackson premieres as part of MTV's "Choose Or Lose" campaign to encourage young adults to register and vote. "We live in a country where we have a chance to make a difference.", affirms the singer. "To create a better way of life for ourselves and for our children. The future is now. Let's come together and express our freedom of choice. Choose or lose.", concludes Jackson. Afterwards, a special performance of "Black Or White" from London is shown for the music video event and the audience.

The September 28 of 1992 issue of "JET" magazine reveals Michael Jackson's announcement that he will appear live during the Super Bowl XXVII Halftime Show at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California on January 31, the following year. The Halftime Show will combine his music style with his then new anthem, "Heal The World", "sending a powerful message promoting peace, racial harmony and hope for our children... from the NFL and Jackson to the entire world. "I can't think of a better way to spread the message of world peace than by working with the NFL and by being a part of Super Bowl XXVII", says Jackson, while on his worldwide Dangerous Tour.

At “Teatrul de Revista Constantin Tanase” theater from Bucharest, Romania, on September 30, 1992, Michael Jackson holds a press conference before his Dangerous concert there, discussing the Heal The World Foundation tenets: “I’m very happy to be here (…) in Romania, and (?) my concert live on HBO, and to help the children. Dear friends, ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Prime Minister. These children are as dear to me as all the children of the world. Today, I’ve had the opportunity to see the face of transformation and civilization. A moment like this means healing the world. We must heal the world and ourselves. We have to weave our life like a web, because we are part of this web. Out of negligence, we have contaminated and polluted our planet and, in exchange, we hurt ourselves. In the life songs of ages is the dance of our blood. The environment is an extension of our body and it gives the pulse of love, is the orchestra of universe’s symphony. It is music’s territory and enables us to rediscover our souls. Let’s rejoice together in love today, unity and conciliation. Let’s heal everybody and, thus, heal ourselves. Let us make a covenant with life and let us celebrate with joy a new world... and healed. Thank you, […] especially, to all the children of the world. I love you all. Thank you so much.. Thank you..” Before his discourse, a group of children perform “Heal The World” to him.

American_Music_Awards_(30-01-1989).jpg

Source: http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67&Itemid=62

Michael's Speeches and Statements Throughout the Years - Part 2

On November 24, 1992, via a press conference in New York City, New York, he speaks about children and raises understanding on his "HTWF" and on the aids organized by his charity and himself for the war-stricken Sarajevo, Bosnia Herzegovina: His message reads: "[...] Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone. This simple goodness shines straight from their hearts. Being with them connects us to the deeper wisdom of life. These children are a reminder of the preciousness of all life, especially young lives untouched by hatred, prejudice and greed. Now, when the world is so confused and its problems so complicated, we need our children more than ever. Their natural wisdom points the way to solutions that lie waiting to be recognized within our own hearts. Children are the world's foremost idealists and optimists. It is for that reason that 'Heal The World" is organizing the World's Children Congress next year, made up exclusively of delegates, aged 8 to 16. The world desperately needs their innocent perspective on the world's problems. We have to heal our wounded planet of the chaos, despair and senseless destruction we see today. The mission of HTW, my mission, is healing. Pure and simple. To heal the world, we must start by healing our children. Today, we come bearing gifts for the children of war-torn Sarajevo. In 1992, Sarajevo has become a symbol of so much that is tragic, but avoidable in our world. Prejudice and ethnic hatred, the destruction of the environment, the shattering of families and of centuries-old communities. We are pleased to announce at this special time of year that we will turn our efforts home, to the plight of our American children. Towards this end, we are planning "Convoy USA". This will be an effort to help all Americans work together toward a single objective: to heal the children of our inner cities. This Thanksgiving is particularly special to me, with the launch of the single, "Heal The World". I wrote this song for everyone in our world, in an effort to help bring global harmony. All the proceeds of this song will go to the "Heal The World Foundation". Thank you, all, for coming. Special thanks to AmeriCares, for standing side by side to us at this project. To all of you who have supported "Heal The World" with your time and donations, our prayers and thanks […]."

On winning the Best Male Solo Singer award on occasion of U.K.’s Smash Hits Poll Party in 1992, he sends the following message to his admirers: “Hi. I’m particularly bringing a special hello to all the readers of ‘Smash Hits’ and all my fans in the UK; you have helped me win this award this year. For your loyalty, understanding and support, especially in this summer, will always mean to me more than I can really say. Sincerely, my thanks to you all, now you have helped me win this award. Now I’m going to ask you to do something again. The Heal The World Foundation is my most important mission. It is my heart and soul. I have made substantial gifts to the foundation, and all benefits from the song will also go the foundation. If you can make a donation, please, do so. [...]"

On December 9, 1992, Michael Jackson delivers a discourse on being honored with the Billboard Artist Award for "Number One World Single" ("Black Or White") and Album ("Dangerous") on occasion of the Billboard Awards: In a taped presentation, Jackson declares:"I am honored to be recognized by "Billboard", which is considered to be the bible of the industry. Nothing would have prevented me from sharing this special occasion other than "Heal The World" and my commitment to tour on its behalf. My heartfelt thanks to "Billboard", to the children, and to my fans in general. Your support over the years has been an inspiration. Thank you so much." Jackson also wins a special award commerorating 10 years since "Thriller" was released. Jackson then announces "a special performance of 'Black Or White'" in his absence, taped and edited from London, England.

On December 10, 1992, at the American Consulate of Japan - where he is recompensed by Pepsi for his "HTWF" contributions – he makes a speech in which he extols children’s inspirational intelligence and its healing qualities. He states: "Thank you. I’m very happy to be here in Japan again. It’s very nice to see all the children […]. The innocence of children represents to me the source of infinite creativity, and I feel that this is where all my creativity comes from. This is not an intellectual kind of intelligence, but an intelligence that is full of wonder, magic, mystery and adventure. In this intelligence, there is love, there is trust, there is joy and there is beauty. It is the kind of intelligence that will heal the world. That is why I am here and that is why we are here. Thank you very much. I love you."

During "UNCF"/Parade Of Stars, a broadcast request for donations to the "United Negro College Fund", aired December 26, 1992, Michael Jackson speaks on the importance of equal rights to education and on the "Michael Jackson Scholarship Program" benefits: "Black Colleges and Universities produce some of the leading personalities of our time. They are leaders in business and law, science and technology, politics and religion. I’m proud to have helped over 200 young men and women receive a quality education that has placed them closer to their dreams through the Michael Jackson scholars program. Tonight, I encourage you to pitch in for higher education. Please support the "United Negro College Fund"." The four year college and university/scholarship for deserving students at a UNCF member college or university, focuses on Communications, Performing Arts, Literature/English/Writing and is a distinction available to African-Americans.

On accepting Entertainer Of The Year award at the 25th "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People" event (NAACP Image Awards) in Pasadena, California on January 16, 1993, he delivers the following speech: (view full speech here). On winning a second award for "Outstanding Music Video" for "Black Or White", he declares, "I really wasn't expecting to win this. I love you all very, very much. Thank you to the NAACP, and all of you, you're very dear, sweet, loving people. Thank you so much." Afterwards, singer Patti Labelle, along with the Voices of Faith Choir sing Jackson's "Will You Be There", Labelle coaxing the freshly awarded entertainer into singing a few bars of the song before exiting the stage.

On January 19, 1993, before performing (now fateful) song “Gone To Soon”, in memory of his friend, late activist Ryan White – who passed on due to AIDS – he speaks on White and their friendship, his immune system malady and on the necessity of supporting AIDS cure research by the incoming presidential administration: “Thank you, Mr. President elect, for inviting me to your inauguration gala. I would like to take a moment from this very public ceremony to speak of something very personal. It concerns a dear friend of mine, who is no longer with us. His name is Ryan White. He was a haemophiliac, who was diagnosed with the AIDS virus when he was 11. He died shortly after turning 18, the very time most young people are beginning to explore life’s wonderful possibilities. My friend, Ryan, was a very bright, very brave and very normal young man who never wanted to be a symbol or a spokesperson for a deadly disease. Over the years, I’ve shared many silly, happy and painful moments with Ryan, and I was at the end of his brief, but eventful journey. Ryan is gone, and just as anyone who has lost a loved one to AIDS, I miss him deeply and constantly. He is gone, but I want his life to have meaning beyond his passing. It is my hope, President elect, Clinton, that you and your administration commit the resources needed to eliminate this awful disease that took my friend… and ended so many promising lives before their time. This song is for you, Ryan.” He then gives an emotional performance of “Gone Too Soon”.

In Los Angeles, California, on January 23, 1993, on occasion of a Super Bowl XXVII news conference, Michael Jackson (who performed at the event that year) announces the creation of a new Heal The World program, with the purpose of bringing aid to the underpriviliged children of inner-city America, being supported in the endeavor by former President, Jimmy Carter. The singer declares: "[...] (We have to) get out the message of the need to heal our children and heal the world. [...] to recognize that we need each other and must care for one another, help inspire us to develop this relief effort for children. To make a real difference, we must all care and commit to be a part of the solution. I know you all share my concern for inner-city children who are spread all around us. We must join together to make this world a better place for each of them. "Heal LA" is only our first step in making things better. I'm very happy to tell you today that former President, Jimmy Carter, and I are going to be working together to help children in cities all over our country. President Carter will join me as co-Chair of our new national Heal Our Children Initiative. We'll work together here in L.A. to start, then go city by city to heal children all over America. I would like to express my love and appreciation to all of you who have already been so generous to this important new Heal The World program. [...]"

At the 20th annual American Music Awards, held on January 25, 1993 at the Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, California, Dame Elizabeth Taylor Presents Michael Jackson with the special International Artist Award for record sales and humanitarian efforts around the world. Since the entertainer was the first recipient of this award, actor and comedian, Eddie Murphy, announces via a taped message that it will be called as the Michael Jackson International Artist Award. Upon receiving it, Jackson declares: “I love you very much, Elizabeth Taylor. Teddy Riley, you are a genius.Thank you, Eddie, thank you, all my friends. Traveling the world has been a great education for me. And if there is one insight I’ve had, it is this: wherever you go, in every country, on every continent, people yearn and hunger for one thing – to love and be loved. Love transcends – love transcends international boundaries and upheavs the wounds of hatred, racial prejudice, bigotry and ignorance. It is the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation. I would also like to thank God and my mother and father, Katherine and Joseph Jackson. Thank you once again. I love you all.” Jackson performs songs "Smooth Criminal" and "Dangerous" at the event.

On January 31, 1993, at the Superbowl XXVII’s Halftime Show, before performing “Heal The World”, the singer addresses the following words to the crowd as an introduction to the song: "Today we stand together all around the world, joined in a common purpose - to remake the planet into a haven of joy and understanding and goodness… No one should have to suffer, especially our children. This time we must succeed. This is for the children of the world".

In March, 1993, Michael Jackson announces the creation of an independent film company dedicated to producing uplifting movies. It is called, “Michael Jackson Productions, Inc.”, in a statement Jackson declaring that: “I believe passionately in the power of mass entertainment and have seen how, with positive messages, it can help alleviate the problems we face, including the suffering of the world’s children.”

On March 27, 1993, Jackson discourses briefly before 1200 teachers and political figures at a meeting in the "Century Plaza Hotel", Los Angeles.

Arts & Entertainment network releases a tribute to Elizabeth Taylor – her Biography. The special, filmed in the spring, airs for the first time on September 7, 1993. Michael Jackson contributes to this special, being interviewed by A&E's Cathy Griffen, in it explaining one of the things he and Taylor have in common: "We shared a quest in search of the next step of acceptance from an adoring public who never really knew our inner turmoil”.

On May 12, on receiving the 1993 “Best Selling Pop Artist” award from Princess Stephanie of Monaco at the World Music Awards at the Sporting Club, Monte Carlo, Monaco, Jackson thanks a few officials, especially his fans: “[…] Thanks to my fans around the world for making my album, “Dangerous”, the biggest selling album of '92. You continue to make my dreams a reality. Thanks to my Sony International family which made it happen. I love you madly. Thank you.” On receiving another award, the World’s “Best Selling Artist of the Era” from Prince Albert of Monaco, Jackson declares: “Thank you, your Serene Highness. I am honored to accept this World Music Award. It means a lot to me, for I sincerely believe that thorough music… […] I believe that through music we can help heal the world. It's through such charities as the Princess Grace Foundation of Monaco that this will be accomplished. Again, thanks to my fans around the world, I love you, and you wonderful people of Monaco for these honors. Merci, merci, encore!”

In August, 1993 on occasion of winning the “Our Children, Our Hope Of Tomorrow” award by the "Jack Rapper Awards", he releases a videotaped message: "I am honored and humbled."

Michael Jackson was honoring his Dangerous World Tour concerts (the entire proceeds of which being donated to his Heal The World Foundation) when news about allegations of improper conduct towards a minor broke and were made public by August 24, 1993. Three days beforehand, a search warrant was issued, allowing police to search Jackson's Neverland Ranch, Santa Ynez Valley, California. August 24 was the date the third leg of the tour began in Bankok, Thailand. Jackson was preparing to perform song “Jam” when he learned about the shocking news. Regardless of it, he mustered up strength and performed the song, at the beginning of it removing a pair of dark glasses and revealing wet eyes and a tear streaking down his left cheek. The rest of the show was rescheduled for August 26, then cancelled, due to Jackson suffering from dehydration and stress pertaining to the allegations. Following the criminal allegations, Jackson's newly hired criminal lawyer, Howard Weitzman, reads a statement to the press from the singer: “My representatives have continuously kept me aware of what is taking place in California. I appreciate the remarks of Chief Willie Williams and our Los Angeles police department. I am confident the department will conduct a fair and thorough investigation and its results will demonstrate that there was no wrongdoing on my part. I intend to continue with my world tour, and look forward to seeing all of you in the scheduled cities. I am grateful for the overwhelming support of my fans throughout the world. I love you all. Thank you. Michael.” On August 29, Jackson performed in front of 47,000 on his 35th birthday in Singapore. Several other shows would be cancelled, although Jackson managed to complete most of his scheduled September dates, as well as a few more in October and November. Michael Jackson began taking painkillers to cope with the stress of the allegations made against him. The stress of the allegations caused Jackson to stop eating, and he lost a significant amount of weight. With his health in decline, Jackson's friends and legal advisers took over his defense and finances; they called on him to settle the allegations out of court, believing that he could not endure a lengthy trial. His health deteriorated to the extent that he canceled the remainder of the Dangerous World Tour, it being concluded in Mexico City, Mexico on November 11, that year. In November, the entertainer, visibly in poor state and health, made a several-day deposition in Mexico for a copyright infringement suit which he had to face along with Lionel Richie, Quincy Jones, Rod Temperton and father Joseph Jackson, the lawsuit coming after 3 songwriters alleging that the pop star and his fellow defendants had plagiarized the hits “The Girl Is Mine”, “Thriller” and “We Are the World”. Following the testimony, in which he explains how he writes his songs and that the other three above mentioned were written by him, a nine-member jury found the defendants innocent of plagiarism. The singer collapsed subsequently to the last deposition he made. On November 12, an audio taped message is released to the press in which the singer explains the cancellation of the tour and his need for treatment: “As I left on this tour, I had been the target of an extortion attempt, and shortly thereafter was accused of horrifying and outrageous conduct. I was humiliated, embarrassed, hurt and suffering great pain in my heart. The pressure resulting from these false allegations coupled with the incredible energy necessary for me to perform caused so much distress that it left me physically and emotionally exhausted. I became increasingly more dependent on the painkillers to get me through the days of the tour. My friends and doctors advised me to seek professional guidance immediately in order to eliminate what has become an addiction. It is time for me to acknowledge my need for treatment in order to regain my health. I realize that completing the tour is no longer possible and I must cancel the remaining dates. I know I can overcome the problem and will be stronger from the experience.” He explains that stress from the false allegations made against him caused his dependency to get through the tour. Following his treatment, the singer overcame his dependency, managed to gain weight and a new strength to continue and demonstrate his innocence.

In an official statement released by Jackson’s then spokesperson, Raymone Bain, via his official website, MJJ Source, on June 3, 2004, she writes about Jackson being cleared of the 1993 allegations: “After an extensive, 2-month investigation into allegations of child abuse against Michael Jackson, which allegedly took place nearly 20 years ago, detectives from the Los Angeles Police Department’s Juvenile Division have concluded there is no evidence that any crime occurred; and therefore, no charges will be filed against Mr. Jackson.” To this day, no such charges have ever been brought forth.

Below is a list of links containing very detailed research on the 1993 and 2003 allegations made against the entertainer, the 2005 trial and most of the rumors surrounding him throughout his life, in short, a silenced truth which the media won’t let you see.

http://vindicatemj.wordpress.com/201...-lies-in-court

http://www.mjfancommunity.com/vindication.htm

http://www.reflectionsonthedance.com/The-accusations.html

http://www.mj-777.com/?p=4651

http://www.mj-777.com/?p=4737

http://www.allforloveblog.com/

http://mjfansboycottsony.weebly.com/

http://www.michaeljacksonjustice.com/

http://www.aphroditejones.com/books/Michael_Jackson.htm

On February 19, 1994, at "The Jackson Family Honors" event held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, Michael Jackson takes the stage in long, thunderous claps to present the night's honorees, Berry Gordy, founder of the Motown record label, and Elizabeth Taylor. He has this to say on introducing his good friend: “Today we honor Elizabeth Taylor for who she is, as much as what she does. For me, Elizabeth Taylor is the ultimate humanitarian, because she is the embodiment of love, compassion, faith, and integrity and she has been that ideal for hundreds and millions of fans over the five decades of her illustrious career. Elizabeth began her career when she was nine years old and since then, has starred in some of the greatest of all American films. She has been, and she continues to be, one of the most celebrated women of the twentieth century. I know, from having the honor of being a friend of Elizabeth Taylor's, that she's in no need of another trophy or plaque to recognize her humanitarian work on behalf of the fight against AIDS. And I also know Elizabeth is here tonight not for any ego gratification, but because this gives her another chance to get the all important message out to the public. The message of AIDS awareness and the need for compassion and the efforts to find a cure. To the formation of AMFAR in 1986 and her own Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation, no one has done more to fight this dreaded disease. But in knowing Elizabeth, I know her reward comes from the work itself, from the small battles won in the all-out war, from the gains she's been responsible for by eliminating the problem for the world to see and from the unspoken things of the victims who's lives she has enhanced during their times on earth. In the midst of my recent trials and tribulations, Elizabeth stood by my side with unwavering strength and support. Elizabeth stands for truth. She's immune to criticism and unfearful to any challenge and places the highest truth in the wisdom of her own heart and the direct knowledge of her own intuition. She is not swayed by public opinion, because she knows in the end truth always triumphs. Elizabeth, I love you and we honor you not only for what you stand for, but also for the magnificence of who you are. The world is a better place because of your existence. Because Elizabeth is so unselfish in her devotions to humanity, it is doubly fitting that she be the recipient of the Jackson Family Honors award. […]”

In 1994, at the 26th NAACP Image Awards, prior to presenting dancer/choreographer Debbie Allen with an award, he delivers a speech underlining the meaning behind the „NAACP” organization supporting equality of treatment for all races and human dignity, and exhibiting his sympathy to the “NAACP” members: “For decades, the NAACP has stood at the forefront of the struggle for equal justice under the law for all people in our land. They have fought in the lunch rooms of the South, in the hallowed halls of the Supreme Court and the board rooms of America, for justice, equality and the very dignity of all mankind. Members of the NAACP have been jailed and even killed in noble pursuit of those ideals, upon which our country was founded. [...]”. Michael Jackson also re-declares his innocence regarding prior allegations of improper conduct towards a minor. He says, "Not only am I presumed to be innocent, I AM innocent, and I know that the truth will be my salvation. I have been strengthened to prove my innocence by my faith in God and the knowledge that I am not fighting this battle alone."

2nd_Off_The_Wall_Appreciation_Award_(16-11-1991).jpg

Source: http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67&Itemid=62

Michael Jackson - I'll be There

Before going to sleep I had been very very sad about the loss of Michael.
When I slept I had a dream with Michael in it. Those are the best dreams!
I heard him say ""Joy and laughter", so this evening when finding a video for this thread I searched youtube "Michael Jackson Joy Laughter". This led to the videos of "I'll be there" and I realized

"Let me fill your heart with joy and laughter,
togetherness, that's all I'm after"

Michael wants to fill your heart, my heart with joy and laughter, not sadness!
Thank you Michael for reminding me of your message!
I love you!

Can I tell you that very song began to play when I clicked on this Thread to read what you had posted..:angel:

I can FEEL it..I can FEEL Him.. and I am FEELING you..:wub:

You and I must make a PACT !! :angel::better:

Cause I'll be there !!:clapping:

Michael Jackson's Speeches and Statements through the Years - Part 3

On June 22, 1995, after receiving the "Special International Artist Award" for record sales and humanitarian achievements from actor Morgan Freeman, at the VH1 Honors in Los Angeles, California, Michael Jackson draws attention to the poverty and health issues plaguing Third-World countries and their children, not before is thank-you's: "Thank you, Morgan, for your words, thank you, VH1... Thank you - thank you for this honor, and thank you - thank you , all my friends and fans for your love and support. You've given me so much, it allowed me to take some of that love and pass it on to those people whose problems in this world need and deserve our help. A perfect example is the recent U.N. announcement that 1 to 3 million lives could be saved if Third-World children were given a vitamin A pill three times a year. Cost per child is just six cents, that's all." Concluding his speech, he stresses: "So we must join together in healing the world, so we can share this beautiful planet in joy and love. I love you very much."

On receiving the special Artist of a Generation Award at the 16th edition of BRIT Awards on February 16, 1996, Michael Jackson declares the following: “I love you. Thank you – thank you BRITs Awards and Sir Bob (Geldoff). I’m humbled by this award. It is especially important coming from my wonderful family in the United Kingdom. You provided me with so much love and you’ve given me your loyalty and your support throughout my entire career, and a special thanks to Paul Russell… [To chanting fans] I love you.. I love you.. I love you all and especially, I love all my fans very much. Thank you.” Jackson performs “Earth Song” prior to being offered this award, and following the performance, he informs the audience on the gravity of forest depletion, children deaths and famine, including alarming statistics such as areas of tropical forests being burned every minute, 3 million children dying every minute, or 300 children dying from hunger every minute, the singer requesting for unified involvement on behalf of people, joining him in these relief efforts. He reiterates this speech after performing the mentioned song at the 1996 World Music Awards in Monaco, Monte-Carlo.

In 1996, on the eve of his History Tour II concert in Tunis – sponsored by the newly formed Kingdom Entertainment - , he issues the following statement: "I am particularly delighted that this concert will be in Tunisia, a peaceful and tolerant nation which cares equally for men, women and children. Proceeds from my concert will go to a national charity helping the needy, and that's an extra source of satisfaction for me". The mentioned charity is called "The National Solidarity Fund", which fights against poverty.

At the 1996 World Music Awards in Monaco, Monte-Carlo, Michael Jackson performs “Earth Song” and draws awareness to the world’s degrading state, wins a total of 4 awards, including the World Music Awards Best Selling Pop Male and World’s Best Selling R&B Male Artist presented to him by Albert II, Sovereign Prince of Monaco.The singer has the following to declare on receiving the award: “I love you more. Much more… these awards from you and the World Music Awards are very special to me, as a person who loves and adores and has concerns for people of all nationalities and ethnic origins. My music serves as my way of making mankind aware of the inquisities that exist against all people of all the world. […]. I am not and never have been anti-semitic. And do me a favor: don’t read the tabloids. I love you all very much. And this is our future right here [the children]! I love you.” All the proceeds from this yearly show go to the Monaco Aide and Presence Foundation, which assists underdeveloped areas mainly in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Brazil. So far, many projects have been successfully carried out.

In Sun City, South Africa, July, 1996, on occasion of President Nelson Mandela's birthday, Michael Jackson makes a speech, in which he raises awareness on abuse undergone by children around the world, setting himself as an example of helping to alleviate the lives of deprived categories suchlike and urging others to take action against crimes suchlike. "We are behaving like people without compassion and love for the most vulnerable section of society. The children of the universe are without a spokesperson, they are voiceless...We are all touched by the atrocities committed against children: sexual, physical abuse, child slave labor, educational neglect. We feel ashamed. Angry. Appalled. But there is no action....No action.", the performer declares. At a press conference held there, he gives an emotional discourse to the people of South Africa: “First, I would like to say, sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, you have no idea how happy and honored I am to be here in South Africa. The people here have been so kind to me… their love, their generosity, the hospitality has been overwhelming…[…] I mean, I’m saying this from the bottom of my heart, ‘cause I really mean it. And I’m not wearing these glasses to be Mr. Cool, I wear these glasses because this is like a side (?), so you won’t see the tears… [voice trails off] I’m so happy to be here and you all have been so wonderful to me and I want to thank you so much and I – I thank you for coming to Sun City… I would like to take this opportunity to thank President Nelson Mandela and the wonderful people of South Africa… for this gracious, really gracious welcome to your wonderful country. I just love it.. I love it so much, I’m thinking about a house to buy here [laughs]… I would like to thank the wonderful wonderful (inaudible) and the staff and its hospitality and hosting this conference. And I’m sorry I was not able to play in South Africa days previously, because I was so undecided before coming here. But now I am really excited about bringing the HIStory Tour – a brand new show, the HIStory Tour to South Africa. We are in negotiations right now, but we’re planning [to tour in] South Africa in mid January, 1997, in Capetown, in Durban and Johannesburg. My promoter, Mr. Marcel Avram is here today to announce additional dates and answer any questions you may have regarding the HIStory World Tour. I love you from the bottom of my heart [voice trails off] and I thank you so much for your wonderful wonderful (footage breaks off)”.

On September 13, 1996, during his History Tour in Bucharest, Romania, Michael Jackson is invited at the Parliament Palace, where he attends a folklore performance - music and dances - by children dressed in traditional Romanian attire, after which is received on stage by the children, chanting his name and thunderously applauding him. They also perform a few song remakes in Romanian of famous anthems, such as Stephen Foster's "Oh, Susanna" or The Beatles' "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da", to which Jackson happily bops his head and claps his hands. When he is invited to take the stage, he makes the following appreciative discourse: “This performance was one of the most amazing performances I’ve ever seen in my entire life. And I’m not just saying that, I really mean it from my heart. It was the highest in artistic presentation and I only wish all of the world leaders could be here to see this, because I think they would think twice when they so quickly send our brothers to the killing fields. Because this is our future – all the children. And I love you so much. And… [children loudly chanting his name] I just once again wanted to say thank you very very much, and from the bottom of my heart I truly and endearly love each and everyone of you. Thank you so much.” (rare footage provided by LovinTheKingOfPop on YouTube)

In 1997, Michael Jackson makes an appearance at "Gran Premio Internazionale Dello Spettacolo”, an Italian TV award show, where, on behalf of himself and late tenor, Luciano Pavarotti (also present on stage beside him), announces plans for putting together a charity project (supposedly the following “Pavarotti and Friends – For War Child” benefit concert in Modena, Italy or another similar endeavor): ‘It’s been our dream for a long time to do something for the children of the world. It’s been my passion and it has been his passion for it. […]”, the singer declares. “So, so, the idea was to have as – have Pavarotti and myself as the protagonists to announce it to the world and to pretty much organize like a cavalcade of stars to, to support us and sing this wonderful song where all the, you know proceeds, will go to children of the world […]”, Jackson says. He also briefly adds that “[There is] The Three Tenors [concert] on the 17th of June in Modena and I wanted to join them…”. The singer, however, will not honor his intent due to an illness at the time of his first child, Prince. Jackson was also there (at "Gran Premio Internazionale Dello Spettacolo”) to present an award for Best Show Of The Year.

On occasion of The Jackson 5 being inducted by singer, actress and longtime friend, Diana Ross, into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1997, Michael Jackson delivers a speech of gratitude towards his family, friends, children, Motown founder and Jackson 5 overseer, Berry Gordy, to his admirers, supporters and God. His discourse reads: “To – I’d like to say to our family, our children, our friends and, most of all, my mother and father. They’re here tonight - my mother and father - , you were there to protect us with unselfish love. Because you were there, we are here. Berry Gordy, I love you. Like Diana Ross, you were there, and now again you are here. I’m crazy about you [embraces Diana Ross]. […] Berry Gordy, I want you to know, in my heart and mind, you are a genius and a king. And without you, Berry Gordy, I don’t think music would be the same today [embraces Berry Gordy]. […] Berry Gordy, you promised us four consecutive number-one records and you delivered them all. I’ll never forget it. […] Your faith makes it possible for us to be here today. We love from the bottom of our hearts, sincerely. And I just want you to know that without you, my mother and my father, I don’t think we would be here. And, of course, [without] God. And to all the fans - I don’t wanna take too much time – you were there unconditionally and I say thank you very much. So, whenever you call our name, I promise – I love all of you – we’ll be there.” The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame is a museum from Cleveland, Ohio, dedicated to recording the history of some of the best-known and most influential artists, producers and others who influenced the music culture in a significant way.

In 1998, Michael Jackson and business partner, Don Barden, announce plans for the creation of a billion-dollar entertainment complex, The Majestic Kingdom, in Detroit, Michigan, the city that launched his superstardom. The project included a casino, a family-theme park, an acquarium and a hotel designed by Jackson himself and named "The Mansion In The Sky". The singer, who had been an anonymous partner in these kind of ventures for years, says: "My mission is to just push the envelope of technology beyond its limitation and create some of the most wonderful things as humanly possible".

On May 15, 1998, Michael Jackson holds a press conference to unveil plans to found the World Peace Foundation for Children, and, in relation to it, to organize a series of concerts intended to to be “a mega event with the potential for great historical significance” for the Korean people, and to raise public awareness to the need to help the scores of dispriviliged children around the world. The proceeds from a concert in Seoul, South Korea, would benefit the Korean Peace Foundation for Children, the first subsidiary group to be formed as part of the WPFC. The concerts were scheduled later than planned, in 1999, (one being held in München) and became part of a new project, titled "Michael Jackson & Friends - The Adventure of Humanity".

During a press conference held in Japan, on July 25, 1998, he announces the creation of 'Michael Jackson Japan Company Ltd.'. "Ladies and gentlemen, I have joined forces with Prosperity Enterprise Corporation to develop a number of global family-oriented entertainment-driven-themed attractions in Japan and around the world...not just Japan, but this is going to be around the world...to develop a billion-dollar business. 'Michael Jackson Japan Company Ltd.' has been formed', the singer declares.

On March 20, 1999, Michael Jackson makes an appearance on the German TV show, ‘Wetten Das..?’, presented by Thomas Gottschalk, to announce his plans to stage two concerts (in Seoul, Korea, and Munich, Germany), with the mission to raise funds for The Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund, the Red Cross and UNESCO. The singer explains his motivation behind the staging of these shows: “What happened was… I – I knew that I – I knew that I had to do something, I just think that it’s on my back and, you know, between now and the millennium, and do nothing… And then, I had this idea for a song and – and the words, “What More Can I Give”, kept me. And then, I knew I had to do something. And about the same time, I was talking to President Mandela, and when he invited me to perform, it was all the inspiration that I needed…[smiles] […]” A representative of the entertainer intervenes to add that the purpose of Jackson’s concert in Munich is justified by the unification of Germany ten years before, in the context of many countries splitting, while his concert in Seoul is staged on the grounds that “Michael really wants to get the message across that North and South Korea [must] unite”. Jackson performed songs “Dangerous” and “Earth Song” at ‘Wetten Das..?’ in Germany four years before.

On March 23, 1999, Michael Jackson meets Nelson Mandela at the President's residence, Genadendal, in Cape Town, South Africa, to announce two charity concerts entitled "Michael Jackson & Friends - The Adventure of Humanity", the singer’s shows being centered upon "the concept of giving" and the theme-song, "What More Can I Give". "I shall be undertaking 2 concerts in June, one in Seoul, in the Republic of Korea, and one in Munich", he says. Jackson also speaks of the necessity of people helping "end the needless suffering in the world" and further urges that people donate to the best of their possibilities to charity, informing that the monies raised on occasion of the mentioned concerts – that he hopes to amount to millions - are due to benefit the "Nelson Mandela Children's Fund", "International Red Cross" and "UNESCO". The singer names Mr. Mandela "my inspiration to want to do something before the end of the century, to undertake what I call "An adventure of humanity", before the birth of the millenium. I love this man very much and I love Africa." He adds: "It is right to announce this project here in the very cradle of mankind: the birthplace of us all."

On May 1, 1999, the singer makes a speech after being honored by the Indian Film Industry with the "World Humanirt Award", at the Nassau Collisseum in New York, during the Bollywood Awards function. In his speech, he focuses on stating that the attention and resources he mobilizes for a worthy cause are "more than just an opportunity, but a duty", and adds: "It pains me to think we do so little for our children", in the context of a largely developed society. He also likens receiving awards to "a commission to do more for makind", using Mahatma Gandhi as an inspirational avatar of peacefully capturing the public's attention to obtaining freedom for India.

After completing his "MJ and Friends" concert in Seoul, South Korea on June 25, 1999, he holds a speech before the audience, in which he draws attention to the war-torn country, expressing appreciation to its President for improving the life quality of the country, and announces his hope to raise financial and moral support, as well as global awareness for the Korean people.

On September 4, 1999, on being honored with a humanitarian Kora award at the 4th Kora-All Africa Awards, in Sun City, South Africa, he declares: "Africa, I love you. I thank you very, very much for this wonderful honor. I love you all very, very much. Thank you."

On May 18, at the 2000 World Music Awards in Monaco, Monte Carlo, Michael Jackson, who receives the 'Male Artist Of The Millenium' award for the best-selling recording artist of all time in the male category, is being introduced by Prince Albert of Monaco, then makes the following acceptance speech: “Thank you very, very much Prince Albert. I'm incredibly honored to have been chosen to receive this award. I'd like to thank the World Music Awards and especially the fans. And you are the reason...you are the reason, why I continue to do what I do. I've been performing... I love you too [to screaming fans]. I love you. I've...I've been performing since I was 5 years old, so I haven't had what you call an ordinary life, but I've been blessed with so many extraordinary opportunities and so many wonderful, wonderful friends all over the world that I wouldn't change a minute of it, really. I love you more! And I am so proud to thank...I thank God, and I am so proud God gave me the gift of song. And the world gave me the opportunity to be heard through music. And it's because of moments like this I can say with all my heart that I'm very proud to be an entertainer. And... You ain't seen nothing yet!”

Source:
http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67&Itemid=62

Michael Jackson Meets Nelson Mandela 1999

Michael Jackson meets Nelson Mandela in Cape Town on March 25th 1999, to discuss the charity concerts Michael was going to peform in Munich and Seoul where the proceeds would go to Nelson Mandela's children's charity.

Michael Jackson's Speeches and Statements Throughout the Years - Part 3

In October, 2000, Michael Jackson makes an announcement on plans to launch a project, titled "The Children’s Initiative" (later renamed "Heal The Kids" and launched on February 14, 2001), in partnership with Rabbi Shmuley Boteach. As part of the initiative, Jackson and Boteach were also in the process of writing a book "focusing on the lessons that we adults may learn from the incorruptibility and openness that is inherent in children". The singer states his reasons for being implicated in the project: "There is simply nothing more important to me. It’s about all the beautiful lessons that adults can learn […] It has always been my wish to dedicate the blessings and talents God has given me to the world’s children. The Children’s Initiative is the fulfilment of my heart’s dream, to recondition the world to the infinite blessing that children represent."

On December 6, 2000, after receiving the "Angel of Hope" award from the G&P Foundation for his efforts in combating cancer, he reminds the audience of that "Cancer is the number one killer of children and it is only when we join together on evenings like this, that we can summon the courage and determination to stop it from ever robbing another child of the precious gift of life, or a parent of the joy of watching their child grow." He also remembers the merits of invitee and Nobel-Prize winner, Professor Elie Wiesel and children’s expert, Dr. Stanley Greenspan, for joining him at the formal dinner.

On February 14, 2001, Michael Jackson’s Heal The World Foundation and The Seminar Center present a Valentine’s Day Seminar at Carnegie Hall in New York City. The event, organized by Jackson and Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, promotes family love and is the first public event by the "Heal the Kids" initiative, a HTW campaign aiming to educate the occupied adults in favor of reprioritizing their children. Jackson introduces his guests, a panel of children's experts and celebrities - who hold discourses on balancing romantic love, family commitment and professional dedication - and holds a speech pertaining to the event’s theme. The entertainer displays his lingering concern towards the illegal and augmentative child access to machine guns, leading to fire attacks in educational institutions, as a result to a faulty parenthood, and speaks on the importance of parents raising their children responsibly. Prior to the event, the entertainer invites his fans via a letter, to participate at the inaugural evening: "This is a serious and entertaining event and I have asked some of the top experts on love and parenting to come and talk to you", moreover, specifying that the seminar’s proceeds will benefit "Heal The Kids".

On March 19, 2001, on occasion of being inducted as a solo artist into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame - the induction ceremony taking place at the Waldorf Astoria in New York, USA, Michael Jackson has the following to declare: “Thank you so very much. […] This is such a tremendous honor and I am so happy to be here. […] I’m honored – I’m honored to be inducted twice in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame… It’s a great blessing. For me, the gift of music has been a gift from God from the time I was a child. So, I, first of all, would like to thank my parents who bequitted me that gift: to my mother, Katherine, and to my father, Joseph Jackson, I love you both. To my brothers and my sisters, thank you, you’re so wonderful. Rabbi Schmuley, I love you. And thank you for helping me launch “Heal The Kids”. Berry Gordy, Berry Gordy, Berry Gordy, Berry Gordy!... [laughs] As it was in the beginning, so many of us – I just have to say thank you, he was so important in our lives and he is really my real inspiration and I owe him so much. Quincy Jones, thank you. We talk about a ‘thriller’. Quincy, you’re incredible, I love you, Quincy. He is the man. The glamorous – the glamorous and talented and beautiful Diana Ross, who is my – who is my second mother, I thank you. […] Thank you [to] the fans, thank you. Bye…”

On August 30, 2001, one day after his birthday, Michael Jackson opens NASDAQ Stock Market in Times Square, New York and kicks off his "Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration, The Solo Years" performances at Madison Square Garden scheduled for September 7, 2001 and Monday, September 10, 2001, which are being produced by David Gest. Jackson waves and blows kisses to the fans outside as he was introduced to NASDAQ's executive vice president, David Weild, and NASDAQ CEO, Wick Simmons, who presented him with a glass trophy. "It's like floating in the air," remarks the entertainer of an object encased in the trophy. Jackson then pushes the button to open the market, after which NASDAQ officials present Jackson with a 1934 Shirley Temple poster, while staffers roll out a vanilla birthday cake lined with strawberries of which he would later take a bite, and sang "Happy Birthday." "I love it, oh my God!..." Jackson says when handed the poster. He blows out the candles, then adds, “I'm deeply moved by this very special moment for me. Thank you, David, Wick and NASDAQ. Thank you so much. I love you and all the fans. Thank you."

In September, 2001, following the terrorist attacks in New York City, N.Y., Michael Jackson exhorts people to come in unity and raise money for the survivors and families of the tragedy’s victims, while announcing that charity song "What More Can I Give" was created both with this purpose and as a moral support. "I believe in my heart that the music community will come together as one and rally to the aid of thousands of innocent victims. There is tremendous need for relief dollars right now, and through this effort, each one of us can play an immediate role in helping comfort many people. We have demonstrated time and time again that music can touch our souls. It is time we used that power to help us begin the process of healing immediately.", the pop star declares.

Before the final all-star performance from the "United We Stand: What More Can I Give" tribute concert organized by Michael Jackson and held on October 21, 2001 in New York, in benefit of the victims of the 9/11, the artist takes the audience ‘to church’ when he makes the following emotional speech in front of the audience:

On February 26, 2002, Michael Jackson's Neverland Entertainment invest $ 15 million - $ 20 million in Mark Damon's production and distribution company, MDP Worldwide, making Jackson and his new producing partner, Raju Patel, major shareholders in the company. Michael Jackson appears along with longtime friend, Elizabeth Taylor, and "Rush Hour" helmer, Brett Ratner to tout the deal. The entertainer explains his decision to invest in MDP and enter the independant film business. "I dream great dreams," says Jackson. "Everything I've achieved started with a dream, and of all the dreams, this is the one I am most passionate about. The painter paints, the sculptor sculpts, but they just capture a glimpse of life - of the subject. And film, this medium, you live with the protagonist, you suffer with the protagonist, you laugh with the protagonist, you despair with the protagonist. It's the most artistic, influential medium of all. I am very proud of what we're doing, and I promise you wonderful and fantastical things to come."

On June 15, 2002, Michael Jackson attends ‘Killer Thriller Fan Party’ at The Equinox in London, Britain, organized by then fanclub, MJNI. At the event, the entertainer explains that Sony takes advantage of their artists, including himself and the purpose for which that situation had to end: “[…] Let me just say this… The tradition of great performers… […] I really want you to know what I say!... From Sammy Davis Junior, to James Brown, to Jackie Wilson, to Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly… The story is usually the same, though. These guys worked really hard at their craft, for the story ends the same. They are usually broken, torn and usually just sad, because the companies take advantage of them, they really do”, he declares. “And… Sony…Sony… Being the artist that I am, at Sony I’ve generated several billion dollars for Sony, several billon. They really thought that my mind is always on music and dancing. It usually is, but they never thought that this performer - myself - would out-think them. So, we can’t let them get away with what they’re trying to do, because now I’m a free agent… I just owe Sony one more album. […] Because for every album that I record, I write… literally, I’m telling you the truth… I write at least 120 songs (for) every album I do. […] So I’m leaving Sony, a free agent… owning half of Sony! I own half of Sony’s Publishing. I’m leaving them, and they’re very angry at me, because I just did good business, you know… So, the way they get revenge is to try and destroy my album [“Invincible”]! But I’ve always said, you know, art… good art… never dies. …Thank you.” Jackson goes on to recount how singer Mariah Carey broke down before him due to the head-chief of Sony, Tommy Motolla: “Mariah Carey, after divorcing Tommy [Motolla], came to me crying. Crying. She was crying so badly, I had to hold her. She said to me, “This is an evil man, and Michael, this man follows me.” He taps her phones, and he’s very, very evil. She doesn’t trust him. He’s a horrible human being. […] We can’t allow him to do this to great artists, we just can’t. I just wanted to let you know, I appreciate everything you’ve done, you’ve been amazing. You’re so loyal! I love you all. You’ve been amazing, I love you! But still, […] I promise you, the best is yet to come!” Jackson also attends a fan demonstration of protest against Sony in New York City on July 6, in front of Sony Music Headquarters. Earlier that day, in front of a crowd of 350 people inside Sharpton's National Action Network headquarters in Harlem, Jackson shyly says of Mottola that "He's a racist, and he's very, very, very devilish." Following the demonstration, Jackson attended a fan event where he was awarded with the "30th Anniversary Fan Award".

On June 15, 2002 - the same day he attends the Killer Thriller party in London, the Devon county of South West England, the Exeter City Football Club welcomes the musician, who holds a speech before the public in hopes to collect monies for the club - an initial plan of his friend at the time, illusionist Uri Geller - and to support the initiative of rendering help to children with AIDS, to the African nations, as well as helping them build a better future, cleaned of prejudice, war, hatred, fear and diseases as AIDS and malaria by way of education and awareness. (view more here)

On July 9, 2002, on occasion of an event at the headquarters of Reverend Al Sharpton's National Action Network in Harlem, New York, titled "Equality For Blacks In Music World", Michael Jackson, alongside a host of musicians, producers and music executives, has been invited to address issues pertaining the rights of artists, the corruption and conspiracy in the record industry system, particularly demanding better treatment for blacks from the major record companies. He stresses towards the audience the following: (view speech here)

In August 2002, Michael Jackson releases a videotaped message addressing the victims of the severe flood at the Elbe river in Germany, causing damages estimated to billions, with hundreds of thousands of people evacuated, thousands of houses destroyed or uninhabitable, and several people killed. The singer expresses his concerns and condolences to the victims: "To the people of Germany: I send my deepest concern, my deepest and most heartfelt condolences. You are not alone, I am here in spirit with you. And you are in my prayers. Remember - God is with you. And have faith in the fact that this too shall pass. All my love and caring. I love you forever. Thank you."

On November 2, 2002, Jackson sends, via a video message, the following acceptance speech for the 'World Arts Award 2002' he wins that year, on occasion of the first World Awards event held in Vienna, Austria, the singer conveying his empathy with the event’s values of peace and tolerance, as well as those of love and unity for an improved planet. "Dear guest of honor. Dear Mr. Gorbachev. It is a great honor for me to be selected by Mr. Gorbachev and the jury to receive the 'World Arts Award 2002'. This year the motto of the World Awards is 'Peace and Tolerance'. These values are especially dear to me. In my own heart and mind I stand united with you for peace, love and tolerance in the world. I have to thank Mr. Günther Stampf, Mr. Georg Kindel and I thank President Mikhail Gorbachev. I love you very much. Thank you so much. Thank you.", Jackson says in the speech.

On November 21, 2002, Michael Jackson remembers the victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in N.Y. and their global effect, during the 2002 "Bambi Awards" acceptance speech in Berlin, Germany, the singer including the motto "We are one nation" - a declaration of the German people after the Berlin Wall collapse in 1989 - by that, referring to the urgency of global peace between all people, races and creeds. (read full speech here)

In December 2002, on occasion of the 13th Billboard Music Awards in the United States, Michael Jackson appears live via a satellite feed from his Neverland Valley Ranch. Jackson received a special award to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of his best-selling recording, 'Thriller’ from comedian and friend, Chris Tucker, who appeared via satellite with Michael. On receiving the award, the artist has this to say: “Thank you so much. I'm very honored. I'm very happy. I thank all of the people that appreciate my work. I thank the Billboard Awards. I've always admired you. And to the fans around the world, I love you. I couldn't be me without you. Thank (sic) to God. […]” The Billboard Music Awards event had been held annually since 1990 until they went dormant in 2007.

On June 11, 2003, on occasion of an event in his hometown, Gary, Indiana - "Salute To The Troops", the entertainer delivers a speech before being honored with a special plate for his humanitarian committments. He says: "Gary, Indiana was the place that taught me so much about life...it is where it all began. In Gary, I sang in public for the first time, and it was the first time I danced and enjoyed (?), and it was the place I made my first record. The last time (I was here), I left Gary with new hopes and dreams, never forgetting my humble beginnings at 2300 Jackson Street. I am proud to be from Gary, this is the soul of America. After many years of talking about coming home, Gary, I came home. I have been priviliged from what I've learned and have become goodwill ambassador for so many causes around the world. I thank Gary for that. I will always remember to put back into society what Gary has taught me as a little boy. Gary, you will always have a special place in my heart...and Gary, you are more than a good friend, you are my family and [...} I love you very much. I thank you."

On July 1, 2003, Jackson speaks out against a U.S. legislation proposed by democrats John Conyers and Howard Berman, bill which would make illegally downloaded and exchanged music online a felony punishable by imprisonment: "I am speechless about the idea of putting music fans in jail for downloading music. It is wrong to download but the answer cannot be jail,", he says in a statement. "It is the fans that drive the success of the music business; I wish that would not be forgotten." The popstar adds: "Here in America we create new opportunities out of adversity, not punitive laws. We should look to new technologies, like Apple's new Itunes Music Store, for solutions. This way, innovation continues to be the hallmark of America."

Source:
http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67&Itemid=62

Last edited:
Michael Jackson - The Lost Children - MUSIC VIDEO (Invincible 2001)

I believe that everyone should look at the world through the eyes of children. The world as a whole could use some innocence and simplicity. Just think, what if solving world problems was as simple as saying sorry, and a Band-Aid really could fix anything.
Adults think they should teach children, but there is more for adults to learn from children than they have to teach them.
I dont believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy anymore, but I do believe in the power of a childs innocence and dreaming the impossible.
~ Michael Jackson

Candle of Hope

Michael-Jackson-Poster.jpg

Four candles slowly burned
The ambience was so soft one could almost hear them talking
The first candle said "I am Peace"
"The world is so full of anger and fighting that nobody can keep me alight"
Then the candle of peace went out completely.
The the second candle said
"I am Faith"
"I am no longer indispensable
It does not make any sense that I stay awake one moment longer."
Then a breeze softly blew out Faith's flame.
Sadly the third candle began to speak
"I am Love"
"People don't understand my importance,
So they put me aside.
They even forget to love nearest to them.
I don't have the strength to stay alight"
And waiting no longer the candle of Love went out.
A child entered the room where the candles were
And saw that three of the candles were unlit.
"Why are you not burning?" said the child
"You are supposed to stay alight until the very end"
And the child was frightened and began to cry.
The the fourth candle said
"Don't be afraid. I am hope,
And while I am burning we can light the other candles"
With shining eyes the child took the candle of Hope
And lit the other candles.

The flame of Hope should never go out from your life,
And with Hope each of us can have a life
With Peace, Faith and Love.

nature-loving-Michael-Jackson.jpg

Source: http://www.poeticexpressions.co.uk/POEMS/Candle of Hope.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.