Positive websites and videos that celebrate MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Jackson, Heal the World

All over the world you can find landmarks relating to the King of Pop and great humanitarian.
They have a HIStory and interesting stories, waiting for visitors and future generations. But the biggest landmark he created is the one in our own hearts, like a footprint in the sand.
All he wanted to do was to share his unique gifts with the world and heal the world, pure and simple. The video is a compilation of his random acts of kindness, set to Heal the World.

Katherine Jackson on Michael's "store" and who stole Michael's penny ?

mjj%20bubble%20gum.jpg

His first goal in life must have been to own a candy store because he loved to play storekeeper. After Joe began giving him and his brothers a weekly allowance, he would spend every cent of it on candy and gum. He’d come home with an armful of it, take a board and two bricks and place them in the doorway to the boys’ bedroom, place a cloth over the board, lay the candy on top of it, and sell it to his brothers and sisters and friends for the same price he’d paid for it.

Michael was also a serious candy-eater and gum-chewer. Before he opened his “store,” he’d save his pennies so that he could purchase bubble gum at the concession stand at the Little League ball park behind our house. One night, however, he couldn’t find his penny for gum and he was so upset he started crying. “Mother, do you know what happened to my penny?” he asked. I knew the answer when I saw Marlon @Marlon_Jackson happily chewing away on a wad of bubble gum nearby.

By: Katherine Jackson

Source: http://twitpic.com/2kk7zr

Michael Jackson is chewing his gum in a funny way

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/80Ps0GuYUw8?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/80Ps0GuYUw8?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

And now maybe you're wondering what his favorite type of bubble gum was ?
Listen to the answer at 1:43-1:44

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8DMxJbxsioI?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8DMxJbxsioI?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Big Red is cinnamon flavored gum.

So, did he love to chew gum all his life then ?
Yup, he sure did...watch below

Michael Jackson watches the 'This Is It' dance auditions

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDoSY9Ph2qg?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDoSY9Ph2qg?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Last edited:

This one should carry a warning! Warning, may make you cry. :cry:
Beautifully made though, I love the way the images of Michael are so well synchronised with the song. :wub:

Katherine Jackson on the day Michael was born:

MJ-as-a-baby-michael-jackson-11349865-376-443.jpg

My experience with Marlon and Brandon didn’t dissuade me from getting pregnant again. The following year August 29, I gave birth to another son.

I remember that day well because my water broke while my neighbor Mildred White and I were driving over to see the new grammar school under construction, Garnett Elementary.

“Oh, my God, Mildred, I can’t sit in your car like this!” I exclaimed.

“Girl, don’t worry about it,” Mildred said, turning the car around.

At my request Mildred drove me home. I called my mother and she and my stepfather drove me to Mercy Hospital.

Shortly after I got there, I began having contractions. Later that night, my son was born.

“I want to name him,” my mother said. I hated her first suggestion: Ronald.

“How about Roy, then?”

“Oh, my gosh, Mama, no.”

She thought for a little while. “I’ve got it—MICHAEL.”

“That’s it,” I said.

By then I was used to seeing my babies born with funny looking heads, so I wasn’t alarmed by Michael’s. The two other things I remember about him as I held him for the first time were his big brown eyes and his long hands, which reminded me of my father-in-law’s.

“I bet I was an accident!” Michael has teased. He wasn’t.

-Katherine Jackson

Source: From the Book "My Family" by Katherine Jackson

Source: http://twitpic.com/2j8et3

Michael, Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful Boy

The song "Beautiful Boy" was written and composed by John Lennon for his own son: Sean, but it's very fitting in this video to Michael.
He was certainly no accident, he was a gift from God!

I hope these belong here, as I believe the great orchestra tributes to Michael to be extremely classy and timeless.

[youtube]KG8G_V81twQ[/youtube]

[youtube]jarKpbIiC10&feature=related[/youtube]

Michael Jackson In His Own Words

mjorange2.jpg

"When I help someone & make someone happy, I feel I've won God's smile of approval. And that's all I wanted"

"Justice is conscience, not a personal conscience but the conscience of the whole of humanity"

"I want to be a joy to the world"

"To live is to be musical, starting with the blood dancing in your veins. Everything living has a rhythm. Do you feel your music"

"In my own heart and mind...I stand for peace, love and tolerance for the world"

"Never judge a person, nothing beats kindness and love"

"If God is the DJ, the life is the dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music"

"Don't judge a person, do not pass judgement, unless you have talked to them one on one"

"We have to bring love back into the world, to remind the world that love is important. Love each other, we're all one"

Source: http://its-all-for-love.blogspot.com/2010_09_01_archive.html

Love's Symphony (Who is Conducting Love's Symphony Now that Michael is Gone?)

L.O.V.E

Love is a funny thing to describe. It's so easy to feel and yet so slippery to talk about. It's like a bar of soap in the bathtub - you have it in your hand until you hold on too tight.

Some people spend their lives looking for love outside themselves. They think they have to grasp it in order to have it. But love slips away like the wet bar of soap.

Holding on to love is not wrong, but you need to learn to hold it lightly, caressingly. Let it fly when it wants. When it's allowed to be five, love is what makes life alive, joyful, and new. It's the juice and enemy that motivates my music, my dancing, everything. As long as love is in my heart, it's everywhere............
~ by Michael Jackson

Celebrities on Michael Jackson

Nelson_Mandelas_80th_Birthday_(19-07-1998).jpg

David Arquette (actor)
I remember when I first saw the Michael Jackson "Thriller" video. I couldn't believe that a guy would go out and put so much into a video, and the zombies and all that stuff. I believe it had a solo impact on my decision to be involved with the "Scream" movies.
[source: MTV; March 2000]

Dallas Austin (songwriter/producer, worked on 'HIStory')
Working with Michael is a different type of work. You're pressured timewise, but not by creativity or money. So you're left with mad freedom. You'd think he'd be very controlling, but if he likes you enough to work with you, he wants your expertise, not just another Michael Jackson record. "Heal the World" and "Stranger in Moscow" from the HIStory record are, like, the makeup of Michael. I think he's taken on the responsibility to make changes in the world. He's the only real superhero. Think about it.
[source: VIBE magazine; June/July 1995]

Fred Astaire (dancer & actor)
You are a hell of a mover. Man you really put them on their asses last night. You're an angry dancer. I'm the same way. I used to do the same thing with my cane...You're a hell of a mover!
[source: The day after seeing MJ perform at 'Motown 25']

Jennifer Batten (guitarist on several MJ world tours)
He completely changed my life, you know, I was doing the L.A. club scene, just trying to make ends meet and BAM - I'm on a paid vacation around the world having just the time of my life playing in the biggest band in the world. And yeah, I'll always feel an intense gratitude and love for him for that.
[source: Entertainment Tonight; July 16, 1997]

BoyzIIMen (R&B group)
We share his concern for the children who have been innocent victims of war and, who have suffered because of the horrors of war, many of whom are without families, food or homes. We applaud Michael for his sensitivity and efforts.
[source: Universal Records Press Release; July 1999]

HIStory_Tour_-_Poster_(07-09-1996).jpg

Brandy (singer)
Michael Jackson, he is just like; he is the king of it all. Everything that everyone's doing now, he's already done. He's opened a lot of doors for a lot of artists today.
[source: VH1's special "100 Greatest Artists of Rock & Roll"; May 1, 1998]

Naomi Campbell (supermodel/actress, appeared in 'In the Closet' video, 1992)
Michael is very involved and on top of everything he puts his name on. He's shy and sweet, considering all he's accomplished, but he's a prankster. When I was doing the video, we had water pistol fights. He's a perfectionist.

Rodney Jerkins (music producer)
I was a huge fan of Michael since I was a little kid, I followed his career...everything he's ever done........He is the best, there's no other artist at his level, and I worked with many, he is great to work with because he knows exactly what he wants.
[source: April 1999]

I'm blessed to even be in the position to work with the greatest entertainer of all time. Just to be working with him is a phenomenon itself, you know, a dream come true. [...] You have people that grew up with Mike that wanna hear him do the "Off The Wall" and "Thriller" type stuff and we are gonna do that but at the same time I'm also trying to do things that kids of today, that don't know who Michael is, will understand. That he is the greatest.

Interviewer: So, does Michael come into the studio with a surgical mask on?
Jerkins: No, no. Michael is probably more human than any of us at this party. And that's what a lot of people don't know of. You know, I really know Michael. [...] So it's my responsibility to - we don't want to change that - you know. Not just be a producer in the studio but also be the friend to Michael and say: "Michael, it's cool to come to this party here tonight. It's cool to hang out with me, you know. They are not gonna bother you if you hang out here." [...] I've taken him to places where ... you know parties .. and a lot of people are coming up to him and it gets hectic and I understand why he kind of stays in. But at the same time, you know, he is feeling more comfortable to even step out now. [...] He is a good person. He is not what everybody wants him to be. They want him to be a w***o. You know how it is once you are so successful. They have to find where they can pull you down. He's not like that."
[source: The Doug Banks Show; February 2000]

EuroDisney_in_France_(26-07-1992).jpg

Elton John (singer, songwriter)
He is a very smart cookie, Michael. He knows what he wants, he knows what he is doing. I have nothing but admiration. Also, he is a very kind person.
[source: VH1's special "100 Greatest Artists of Rock & Roll"; May 1, 1998]

Quincy Jones (music producer)
Introverted, shy and nonassertive. He wasn't at all sure he could make a name for himself on his own. Neither was I.
[source: Life magazine September 1997 special issue - "Life Legends: the Century's Most Unforgettable Faces"]

Michael can go out and perform before 90,000 people, but if I ask him to sing a song for me, I have to sit on the couch with my hands over my eyes and he goes behind the couch. He is amazingly shy. What people forget about him is that for the first time, probably in the history of music, a black artist is embraced on a global level by everyone from eight to 80 years old. People all over the world, especially young people, have a black man as an idol.

R. Kelly (singer/songwriter/producer, worked on 'HIStory')
[...] I grew up with the music of Michael and I've been inspired a great deal by Michael. To actually have him call me up, call my management, saying he wants me to do a song for him was a great inspiration for me to go forward in my career. And up to the day I met him it was like a big countdown. I think it's normal when you grow up to the music of someone that has been there so long and is so large. To meet this person and knowing that this person depends on me. When an artist calls a producer he makes himself dependent on him to become # 1, to get something that comes out as a track. At this time, Michael Jackson depended on me to make something come true for him.

I remember a funny thing about him. I had ordered Chinese food and had put up all these Walt Disney cups all over the studio because I knew he was a big kid. I knew that. Everyone knew that. And I also got my little dog because I knew he loved animals. I couldn't afford giraffes, but I did have a dog. It broke ice and we talked. And I went to the bathroom and my manager came with me, and I remember that I fell to the floor because I just couldn't believe it. But I got back up and straightened myself out because I realized that I had to be professional. [...] It's always great to work with someone who is wonderful because they bring you forward. Michael was very humble. He also didn't wanna change anything. Some artists want to change songs so that they like them, but I don't go for that. I don't want to destroy the magic. I don't like messing with the magic and what you risk to reach something is what you need to keep it. Michael figured this also.
[source: VIVA; October 1999]

I thought it was funny when I told Michael Jackson I didn't want to fly, and he was giving me reasons why I should. I kept looking him in the eye, and I kept saying "uh-huh, uh-huh" and "oh, I see," knowing all the time that I would not be getting on a plane. Working with Michael was definitely not just another day at the office.

45th_Birthday_Party_(30-08-2003).jpg

Question: So it was cool working with Michael?
R. Kelly: I was so nervous, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to finish the project. When he first got to the studio, something weird came over me. Michael was another level, and it was a hell of a level to go to. But passion took over, and it put a shield around me and allowed me to be just a normal guy who felt like he worked with Michael all the time.
Question: Was he really receptive, or was he, like, "No, muhfucka, I've been doing this for 30 years."
R. Kelly: He was never that. That's why he's been here for 30 years. He was more humble than me-got up under my wing. He wanted to know what it was I wanted from him. And if he could give it to me.
Question: How did that feel?
R. Kelly: Everything Mrs. McLin told me was true: I was born for this. I was ready. I didn't know that until I met Michael. My teacher told me when I was 15 that one day I would work with Michael Jackson, that one day I'd produce him, and that Quincy Jones would come to me for songs, and Stevie Wonder. I haven't worked with Stevie yet, but she told me these things would happen, and to see them come to pass is amazing.
[source: VIBE magazine; March 1996

Jonathan King
Michael should have swept the board. But, this year it was the A&M and WEA record companies' turn to win and that's why Sting and Paul Simon got their awards. But you should have seen the look on their faces after Michael stole the show when he sang 'Man In The Mirror'. It was a look of absolute pure sheer horror. They were transfixed ny his real talent and mortified when they compared it to their own stars. It comes down to a choice between the music industry and Michael Jackson - and I'd rather have Jackson any time.
[source: Grammy Awards; March 2, 1988]

Ed Koch (former mayor of New York City)
He really is the supreme theatrical dancer - like Fred Astaire.
[source: NY Post; March 1988]

Sean Lennon (singer - son of John Lennon)
If it wasn't for Michael Jackson, I probably wouldn't make music now. Thriller changed my life completely."
[source: 'US' magazine; October 1998]

Vincent Mantsoe (South African dancer/choreographer)
I have always been inspired by TV. There used to be a ballet on Sundays, and I used to watch the Fame series and, of course, all Michael Jackson's music videos. But most of all, I have always been intrigued by The Dance Theatre of Harlem's Dougla; somehow it really got inside me, my mind.
[source: South Africa's Sunday Times; February 2000]

Michael Jackson - Call the Man

"From the beginning of my career, he was my idol in show business. He was a genius and an incredible artist. I remember when I was growing up and watching him on TV, and all his videos ... I had his poster on my wall ... he was so amazing ... his singing, his writing, his dancing.

"We had the same record company, and they knew I was a huge fan, so when things started to happen for me, they arranged for us to meet. I was so nervous, and so excited at the same time, and Michael was so nice. He autographed one of his hats for me. I was so thrilled. Years later, he came to see my Las Vegas show and we spent some time together ... and we were really looking forward to seeing his show in London.

"It's unbelievable that he's no longer with us. It still hasn't sunk in. I guess we're just finding out what happened[...]Right now, along millions and millions of others I am so sad ... and I just want to send my prayers and love to Michael's family. I can't imagine how difficult this is for them ... to lose someone so special. And it's the same for everyone in the world who loses a loved one. It just keeps reminding us of how precious life is, and that we never know when it's our time. God bless his soul."

~~ Celine Dion

Neverland Rides deliver Thrills in a New Setting

At county fairs across California and as far away as Coney Island, the amusement park rides that once entertained pop star Michael Jackson offer his fans a uniquely fun way to say goodbye.

49555144.jpg

Fernando Molina, left, and Carlos Mora, both of Tulare, watch the Zipper ride at the Tulare County Fair. The Zipper formerly operated at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch and now is owned by Helm and Sons, which operates carnival rides. (Tomas Ovalle / For the Times)

was never a fixture on the county fair circuit, but his Neverland rides now are on a never-ending tour.

The attractions he set up in his estate's private amusement park have been auctioned off and are being trucked from carnival to carnival, pitched as a chance to take a spin on a piece of history.

At the far end of the midway at the Tulare County Fair in the Central Valley this month, signs announced: "Michael ride here! This is one of Michael Jackson's rides from Neverland Ranch!"

2306216267_92ee484e16.jpg

Like children of privilege who suddenly have to work for a living, the Spider, the Wave Swinger and the Zipper -- once reserved for charity events and the pop star's solo amusement -- were waiting for paying customers.

"It was a blast!" said Benny Vasquez, a Visalia, Calif., welder who was regaining his bearings after a dizzying turn on the Spider, an arachnid-shaped contraption with blazing green bulbs lining its black legs. "It's exciting for people to be able to sit on something that he owned."

Over the years, Jackson acquired about 18 rides for his 2,600-acre ranch in Santa Barbara County. Some gradually were swapped out for newer models and hit the carnival circuit without fanfare. But most stayed in place even after Jackson, acquitted on child molestation charges in 2005, left Neverland for good.

Several big amusement companies purchased what remained in 2008, repainting and sprucing up rides run down by weather and lack of use.

At the California State Fair in Sacramento several weeks ago, Jackson impersonators roamed the midway, Jackson tunes thumped from speakers, and, on a couple of days, the first 5,000 fair-goers were handed free coupons for Neverland rides.

On the Internet, there were predictably snarky comments about an accused child molester and kiddie rides. But on the midway, the reviews were glowing, said Erica Manuel, assistant general manager of the Cal Expo fairgrounds.

"Based on the feedback we got, it was a positive, nice experience," she said. "For some, it was a way to say goodbye."

At the sweltering fairgrounds in Tulare, fair-goers traipsed past the usual enticements -- a glimpse of a 1,000-pound pig, an exhibit called "A Day in the Life of a Market Lamb," a booth selling the "World's Largest Funnel Cakes" and try-your-luck games that required all the luck in the world. There were plenty of rides, but the attractions from Neverland were the only ones touched by cel- ebrity.

Take the Wave Swinger -- an over-the-top pink wedding cake of a ride, decorated with cameo paintings of bouquets, alpine cabins and Victorian women. It must have been a natural fit at Neverland, whose 25-room Tudor mansion featured a room devoted to Shirley Temple and a painting of the "Last Supper" with Jackson's face imposed over Jesus'.

"It's awesome that some part of Michael lives on," Stacey Lowe, a 16-year-old student from Lindsay, Calif., said as Jackson's "Beat It" blared and riders screamed from the Wave Swinger's flying swings.

"It's the absolute best," she said.

neverland-valley-ranch-california-06.jpg

Corey Oakley, a manager with Helm & Sons Amusement, the Colton company that owns and operates the rides that were at the Tulare fair, has heard that a lot.

"It's a big deal for people," he said. "They've heard so much about Neverland: They want to touch it, to see it, to feel it, to ride it."

Oakley's boss, David Helm, acquired rides for Jackson and bought used rides from him. Oakley would not disclose how much the company has spent on its Neverland purchases but said a new Wave Swinger would go for at least $1.5 million and a new Zipper -- a vertical thrill ride with spinning, free-swinging gondolas -- would cost at least $600,000.

"We always had a confidentiality agreement with Jackson," Oakley said. But that changed, he said, after Jackson's death, when other amusement companies and fair managers trying to boost attendance started Neverland promotions.

neverland-valley-ranch-california-15.jpg

Butler Amusements, of Fairfield, Calif., bought six of the rides.

"It didn't dawn on us to mention they were from Neverland until after his passing," said company spokeswoman Andrea Owen. "We were at the Alameda County Fair when the news came out. The owner mentioned our Neverland connection to the fair people and they got really excited."

Some of the Neverland rides are now as far away as New York's Coney Island. His Ferris wheel, owned by a Missouri company, has been touring fairs in Arkansas. His Sea Dragon, a Viking ship that swings through the air, resides at the Beech Bend amusement park in Bowling Green, Ky. In tribute to Jackson, the park offered mourning fans free Sea Dragon rides for a few days after his death.

Though busloads of sick and underprivileged children would occasionally visit Neverland, Jackson sometimes hopped on rides alone, chugging through sleepless nights on his steam train, tooting a whistle heard on ranches for miles around.

But mostly the rides were unused, a silent amusement park with no cotton candy, no flashing lights, no stomach-churning exhilaration.

"These rides are built to move people every day," said Oakley. "But at Neverland they just sat and sat."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/la-me-rides30-2009sep30,0,5970594.story

Michael Jackson's Neverland Rides

Michael, with his loving, kind and caring heart, opened his Neverland Ranch with the amusement park and movie theater, among other things, for underpriviliged, sick children. He wanted them to have a day with fun, joy and laughter, no worries, being a child again and squealing with delight!
Oh Michael, that is why we love you so much and will never forget you. You simply had a heart of gold!

Michael Jackson's Balloon Samba Ride from Neverland Valley Ranch

Michael Jackson's Sea Dragon

Michael Jackson Neverland Swing CA Fair 2009 08 30 16 13 49

Your Friends and Mine

mjbubbles.jpg

Michael Jackson and Bubbles in 1986 - (Photo taken by Country Singer Kenny Rogers)

In 1987, country singer, Kenny Rogers releases a book of collection of photographs he has taken of some of his famous friends, titled “Your Friends and Mine”. Rogers recounts the story of the idea behind the book’s creation and publishing. In one of the photos, Jackson poses with Bubbles the chimpanzee in his arms, the entertainer being dressed casually, in worn jeans and a simple shirt. Rogers’ several other photos of Jackson feature another black-and-white shot of him sitting on the floor and holding a fedora up to his face. Below, is the book’s introductory excerpt about how Rogers met the entertainer, and his pleasant impression of the star he would call a “friend”: “The first person I shot for the book was Michael Jackson. In 1986, I hosted the Grammy Awards telecast in Los Angeles. That night, my son Christopher met Michael backstage. Christopher had always loved Michael. He would even dress like him at home […] As it happened, Marianne, [Roger’s wife] sent me some flowers with a little plastic Grammy attached. Unbeknownst to me or anyone else, Christopher took the plastic Grammy, walked into Michael Jackson’s press conference, and handed it to him. The next day, Michael called to tell Christopher how much he appreciated it. He also invited him out to his house to see his animals, so Marianne and Christopher went out to Encino. Michael knew I was a photographer, he mentioned that he’d like it if I took a picture of him and Christopher together. I called Michael th next day to set up an appointment, and he agreed to come down to my studio. I told Michael during our first session that I was thinking about doing a book of portraits and calling it Your Friends And Mine. I had heard about his chimpanzee, Bubbles, and we did a shot with the chimp. Later on, Michael and I did another session alone, at his request. That was the start. Michael Jackson’s agreeing to be part of the book was, in fact, the jumping off point for the whole project. Michael Jackson is unique, both as an individual and as a performer. Yet, while I’d been around him many times, I never honestly felt I knew him until we spent a day together in the photography studio. As I explained earlier, Michael had invited Christopher, my youngest son, to his home to see his zoo. They had such a good time that Michael, who heard I was a photographer, suggested I take a picture of him and Christopher in my studio. I told him of my ideas for this book and asked him to bring his chimp, Bubbles. There were maybe twenty-five people in the studio that day, and the chimp was the center of attention. That meant the focus was off Michael, and I think the relative anonymity gave him a chance to relax. And Bubbles was so human it was almost frightening. He would take Christopher by the hand, walk over to the refrigerator, open it, take out a banana, and hand it to him. Christopher was amazed – we all were. The session was the first time I’d had the chance to be one on one with Michael. It means a lot to me to be able to say that not only do I love his music, but I also like him very much as a person and consider him a friend.” ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael previously collaborates with the country singer for a duet called “Going Back To Alabama” off of Rogers’ 1981 album, “Share Your Love”, Michael being a big fan of country music. The song tells a brief story of a strong man emerging from life’s trials and tribulations – which could also be the story of Jackson himself. The two artists also will cross paths on occasion of the 1985 “USA For Africa” relief project and song, “We Are The World”.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-n0nS2AnoII?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-n0nS2AnoII?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true! :wub:

I would be in heaven if I heard a full, good quality recording of Michael singing that song....That song is just so perfect for him :wub: Michael and Disney go hand in hand for me....Disney is the only other type of entertainment that truly gives me that feeling of pure magic...You can definitely see Disney's influence on Michael throughout his career...Through his short-films and music, and inspiration in everything he did....Michael always kept the magic alive...Disney does the same :wub:

Last edited:
MJ and the E.T. Storybook

E.T._album.jpg

Introduction

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial is an audiobook and soundtrack album narrated by Michael Jackson for the 1982 Steven Spielberg-directed blockbuster film of the same name.
The album was released in November 1982, the same month as Jackson's sixth studio album Thriller (1982). Court action taken by the pop star's record label (Epic Records), subsequently forced the album to be withdrawn. During its limited release, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial reached number 82 on the UK Albums Chart. It was well received critically and earned Jackson a Grammy Award for Best Recording for Children.

Content

The E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial album package contains a storybook, allowing listeners to read along with Jackson as he narrates the tale of E.T. and his time on planet earth. The book contains a picture of E.T. placing his hands on Jackson's shoulders, with one of his fingers illuminating. The picture is further included as a large full-color poster within the package.[1] Within the 20-page storybook are stills from the movie and the lyrics to the song "Someone in the Dark". The album recording features sound effects from the accompanying movie, as well as the voice of E.T. in the background.

3745209-m.jpg

Production

Jackson began work on the audiobook of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial in June 1981, with Quincy Jones serving as the producer.[10] During the recording of the narration, Jackson became so emotional when E.T. died that he cried. Jones and Spielberg felt that trying to record the part again would not lessen the pop star's emotions, and decided to leave it in. Jackson biographer Lisa D. Campbell wrote that Jones had learned this during the recording of "She's Out of My Life" from the Off the Wall album.

Reception

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial was well received critically. The magazine Ebony described it as an "extraordinary album". Mark Bego of the Toledo Blade asserted that the song "Someone in the Dark" was "one of the most beautiful ballads" that Jackson had ever performed. He further commented that the combination of Jones' production, dialogue from the film, Jackson's "effective and emotional" reading of the narrative and John Williams' "grand soaring orchestration" made the E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial album elicit as many tears as the film did. The Lexington Herald-Leader concluded that it was a "delightful" storybook album.

jones_jackson_spielberg.jpg

Jones, Jackson & Spielberg: E.T. Storybook in the making.

Michael Jackson - Someone in the Dark

Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial_(album)

Michael Jackson narrates E.T. the Storybook

I love E. T. 'cos it reminds me of me. Someone from another world coming down and you becoming friends with them and this person is, like, 800 years old and he's filling you with all kinds of wisdom and he can teach you to fly. That whole fantasy thing which I think is great. I mean, who don't wanna fly?
~ Michael Jackson

There is no video to these files, just audio, but it is very worthwhile!
The narration in part one starts at 4:45, after the song "Someone in the Dark".

Stevie&Michael.jpg

"He (Michael) would always come into the studio curious about how I worked and what I did. ‘How do you do that? Why do you do that?’ I think he understood clearly from seeing various people do the music scene that it definitely took work. He must have been around 9 or 10 then, and I definitely felt that he would be someone. You hear the voice, and all he could do is grow. And that’s what he did."
~ Stevie Wonder

Stevie&Michael03.jpg

Now Stevie Wonder, he’s a musical prophet. He’s another guy I have to credit. I wanted to experience it all. So Stevie Wonder used to literally let me sit like a fly on the wall. I got to see Songs in the Key of Life get made, some of the most golden things.
~ Michael Jackson ( Interview with Ebony Magazine, December 2007)

Michael Jackson Was Enthralled by Stevie Wonder’s Fabulous, Pulsating Sound, Says Susaye Greene

It doesn’t necessarily take a genius to know a genius. But that was the scene back in 1976, when Stevie Wonder pitched his latest composition to Michael Jackson in hopes of having the future King of Pop record the track.

Interviewed on Fresh Touch Radio, Susaye Greene, the last official member of legendary Motown girl group The Supremes, recalls how the two virtuosos had a musical meeting of minds.

“Stevie came to me and said he wanted to write something for Michael,” Susaye, then in the midst of recording backup vocals for Stevie’s double album, Songs in the Key of Life, tells host Darryl Williams.

“Stevie had part of the hook - ‘Can’t help it, if I wanted to,’ but he would say, ‘Llllll-ah-da, lll-yet-dee-dee-da.” You know, there weren’t any real words there.

“So we just down and . . . that song came together very quickly,” Susaye says of I Can’t Help It, which she co-wrote and which would be featured on Michael’s 1979 album Off the Wall.

michael-jackson-and-stevie-wonder-at-the-1980-grammys1-231x300.jpg

Stevie (r) with Michael at the 1980 Grammy Awards.

“One time, I went down to [Stevie's] studio and Michael was there. He and Stevie were talking about what Michael had coming up.

“They had a remote studio attached to Wonderland, which was Stevie’s studio, which was parked outside. I went and sat in there, and Michael came in and sat with me.

“We sat there, literally, for three hours listening to Songs in the Key of Life as it developed.

“We were enthralled by this fabulous, pulsating sound that Stevie had created.

“And when Stevie came out of the main studio, we all started talking. Then we hugged and Michael had to leave.

“But then Stevie said, ‘He’s gonna do the song!’”
--------------------------------------------------------------
Michael completed the recording of his vocals whilst touring in Japan, the tapes of the songs having been personally delivered to him by Barry Betts, a fan who was hand-picked from the audience at one of Stevie's concerts.

It featured on Stevie's album Characters, released in 1988.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YKdQPDZ63DA?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YKdQPDZ63DA?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Get It - Lyrics

[SW]...Miss Lady Girl
Is putting her love on the shelf
Cause she don't want
To be hurt by nobody else

She's taken her heart
And put it away under lock and key
But it's high time
Miss Lady Girl sets her heart free and gives her love to me

[MJ]...Some think that diamond rings, fancy cars
Will make a big impression
But I know that all she needs is my tender
Love and affection
Cause she still says

That no one's gonna get it
No one's gonna get it, oh no
But someone's gotta get it

And I feel that I will be the one who will

[SW]...No one's gonna get it
No one's gonna get it, oh no
But someone's gotta get it
And I know that I will be the one who will

[MJ]...Gonna get it, her love
[SW]...Gonna get it, her kisses
[MJ]...Gonna get it, her heart
[BOTH]...Gonna get it, get it

In 1987, Wonder and Jackson did a duet called "Just Good Friends," which appeared on Jackson's "Bad" album."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_XBUfDGzjfw?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_XBUfDGzjfw?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sources:

http://blog.blogtalkradio.com/celeb...lled-stevie-wonders-fabulous-pulsating-sound/

http://www.mjtunes.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=281

Yeah MJJ Laugh ^^^ I love Stevie Wonder and MJ in 'Get it'! :wub:
Michael happy to sing on backing vocals!
He certainly makes a big impression! :D

http://www.youtube.com/v/sd2I8i6qXho?fs=1&hl=en_GB">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true">http://www.youtube.com/v/sd2I8i6qXho?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
Hope this posts ok! :doh:
This video is only 1 min and 11 seconds, but certainly worth it! :D
Rock with you and dont stop til you get enough! :wub:
Knowing my luck when I click to post it wont work! :(
Oh well I tried! :angel:
Will edit post with a link if it doesnt work!

OKAYYYYYY!!!
here's the link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd2I8i6qXho

[size=+1]Michael Jackson and Classical Music[/size]

Quote from Michael:

"I love classical music. I've got so many different compositions. I guess when I was real small in kindergarten and hearing Peter and the Wolf and stuff - I still listen to that stuff, it's great, and Boston Pops and Debussy, Mozart, I buy all that stuff. I'm a big classical fan. We've been influenced by all kinds of different music - classical, R&B, folk, funk - and I guess all those ingredients combine to create what we have now."

Michael-Jackson-and-Luciano-Pavarotti-15442946777.jpeg

Michael Jackson and Luciano Pavarotti

Told By David Michael Frank, TV and film composer and conductor

Four or five months ago, I received a call from Michael Jackson&#8217;s longtime personal recording engineer, Michael Prince, who told me Michael was looking for someone to arrange some music for orchestra. I thought it was going to be for the tour he was going to do. For the next month or two, he would call, saying, &#8216;Michael Jackson says he&#8217;s going to call you.&#8217;

At the end of April, another Michael, Michael Jackson&#8217;s personal assistant, called me and asked me to come the next day at 10 a.m. and asked me the make and model of my car. I drove to the Holmby Hills home. I drove up to the front door, and was met by an assistant who told me to go inside. I was met there by a woman dressed like a housekeeper, but with a white turban on her head. She said, &#8216;Michael Jackson will be with you shortly.&#8217; About two minutes later, he came down the stairs.

I was reluctant to shake his hand because I had heard that he was concerned about germs, but he immediately stuck his hand out and gave me a very firm handshake. He was very skinny, but not the least bit frail. He was wearing a suit and a hat. He was going to rehearsal later for the tour. He said, &#8216;You look familiar.&#8217; I told him a long time ago I worked on a TV tribute to Sammy Davis, Jr. at Shrine Auditorium [that he had participated in]. I told him I had met him briefly there.&#8217; He said, &#8216;I never forget a face.&#8217;

He told me, &#8216;I have three projects going on simultaneously.&#8217; One was the tour that the whole world knew about. The other two I believe no one knew about. One was to be an album of pop songs. Then he said, &#8216;The other one is that I want to record an album of classical music&#8217; &#8212; what he called classical music.

He said he listened to ...

classical music all the time; it was his absolute favorite. I was impressed with the pieces he mentioned: Aaron Copland&#8217;s Rodeo, Fanfare for the Common Man and Lincoln Portrait; Leonard Bernstein&#8217;s West Side Story. I mentioned Bernstein's On the Waterfront. Then Michael mentioned that he loved Elmer Bernstein's film music, too, and he specifically mentioned To Kill a Mockingbird.

4512248883_9e159abdd4_o.jpg

I realized that almost all the classical pieces he mentioned are childlike, very simple and pretty, like Prokofiev&#8217;s Peter and the Wolf and Tchaikovsky&#8217;s Nutcracker Suite. He also mentioned Debussy several times, specifically Arabesque [No. 1] and Clair de lune. He was very soft-spoken when were talking about music, but when he got animated about something, he was very changed. When he mentioned how he loved Elmer Bernstein, and I said I liked the Magnificent Seven score, Michael started singing the theme very loudly, almost screaming it.

He said, &#8216;I&#8217;m making a CD.&#8217; Then his son, Prince Michael, came in, and Michael asked him to find a CD player. Paris found one and brought it in with Prince. Michael played the CD. It was very pretty music. He said, &#8216;But a section is missing.&#8217; He played a second piece. And he said, &#8216;But a section is missing, too. But I can hum it to you.&#8217; I asked if there was a piano in the house, and he said there was one in the pool house. We headed out there, but Michael stopped when he saw the dog was outside, soaking wet from being in the pool. He didn't want us to get splattered. It was kind of funny. Michael got another assistant to hold the dog while we went to his pool house.

I sat at the piano and Michael hummed the missing part of one of the pieces. I had taken a little digital recorder with me and asked if I could record him. He was in perfect pitch. I tried to figure out chords to go with it as he hummed. He said, &#8216;Your instincts are totally right about the chords.&#8217;

We talked about classical music some more. I played some Debussy pieces. Michael seemed very happy and I think he felt very comfortable with me. He mentioned Leonard Bernstein again, and I played some of West Side Story. He told me he had met Bernstein once and that Bernstein had said he was a big fan of Michael&#8217;s.

48.jpg

Back in the house, whenever he&#8217;d go from room to room, you&#8217;d hear, &#8216;I love you, Daddy.&#8217; &#8216;I love you, Paris.&#8217; They all seemed pretty normal and happy.

Michael was very anxious to get the pieces orchestrated and record the music with a big orchestra. I suggested we record it at the Fox, Sony or Warner Brothers lot. I asked if he could have someone call me to discuss the budget and he said he would take care of it. When I left there were several fans outside the gate.

[Later] I talked to Michael on the phone. He asked me how the project was going and I said I was waiting to hear from someone so we could set the deal. I suggested we could record the music in London while he was doing the show there. He liked the idea. He again brought up Arabesque.

I laid the music all out on my computer and started on the orchestrations. Finally, a week before Michael died, his manager, Frank Dileo, called and asked me for an email with the budget and an electronic mock-up of the music, the costs of orchestration.

Now I have no idea what&#8217;s going to happen with this. I&#8217;m hoping the family will do something to get this done. I will not bring it up [with them] until after what I think is an appropriate time.

My guess is that each piece would be seven to ten minutes long. [Each one] is more substantial than a song. It&#8217;s very pretty music. One piece had an Irish quality about it. I suggested that we could use a Celtic harp. The pieces sound like pretty film score music, with very traditional harmony, and definitely very strong melodies. One of them was a little John Barry-ish, like in Out of Africa -- that kind of John Barry score. I could hear [in my head] sweeping strings and French horns in unison.

I told Michael I was going to use one of Leonard Bernstein&#8217;s batons I had bought at auction when we did the recording. I knew he would have gotten a big kick out of that. I guess I still will use that baton if I ever get to conduct the music.

jackson-blogSpan.jpg

EBONY/JET: What was the concept for the Dangerous album?

JACKSON: I wanted to do an album that was like Tchaikovsky&#8217;s Nutcracker Suite. So that in a thousand years from now, people would still be listening to it. Something that would live forever. I would like to see children and teenagers and parents and all races all over the world, hundreds and hundreds of years from now, still pulling out songs from that album and dissecting it. I want it to live.
( From Ebony Magazine interview in 1992)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6_k1qwJZoMA?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6_k1qwJZoMA?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Prélude À L'après-Midi D'un Faune - Claude Debussy

[YouTube]XeEHR3yyPD8[/YouTube]

Sources:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jun/28/michael-jackson-interview

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/ent...c/2009/07/more_details_on_instrumental_a.html

Last edited:
Little Susie

Michael-Jackson-Helnwein-Lichtkind.jpg

Some believe this to be based on a true story. However, it's been more or less confirmed as a fictional tale. Partly Inspired by Gottfried Helnwein's artwork. Who is famous for his emotional imagery-Especially of children(in fact, Michael used his Lichtkind(Child of Light) painting to depict this song on The History Vol. 1 Booklet).

In this tragic tale, Little Susie took her own life because of gross indifference to her well-being. One by one, her folks passed away. Father abandoned them, leaving mother and gram-father to wither in the grave.

Years later, she was grafted into an unloving family. Though she was adopted, they did not take her in. Loneliness seeped it's cold dead fingers upon her tender heart. Until she couldn't bear it much longer. Although it was technically an accident. She subconsciously threw herself down the stairs to escape the pain.

Although the story is clearly fictitious, Michael was proving a point. "Neglect can kill. Like a knife in your soul. O, it will". A message he wanted so desperately to get through.

If you have a copy of The "History Album", I'd encourage you to listen to the song on earphones late at night(if not then turn up your speakers and listen to it here). The feeling is amazing! Now I'm not much for Classical Music(the intro is sampled from Sunrise-Sunset). But the Cathedral Opera vocal harmonies, the cutting edge storyline, and Michael's own voice make this an unforgettable orchestral experience!

Michael Jackson wrote this in 1979(inspired by Thomas Hood's "Bridge of Sighs). Yet it was never recorded until The History Sessions. Brad, Michael, and Brucie all contributed to the making of this tragic tune.

Little Susie is an album track by Michael Jackson from his 1995 double disc record HIStory. It is track fourteen on the second disc and is six minutes and thirteen seconds in length. There has not been a video or single release for this song.
Construction
The song opens with the "Pie Jesu" segment of Maurice Durufle's Requiem (OP.9) conducted by Robert Shaw and performed by the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Chorus.
The song starts at the end of the "Pie Jesu" with a little girl's voice (Markita Prescott) singing with a musicbox the main melody of "Little Susie".
After a brief silence the song is dramatically pursued with Michael Jackson's vocal and orchestration. starting at 2:50 The songs opening line is "Somebody killed Little Susie"
Lyrical Meaning
The song's lyrics are based on a legend about a unloved little girl named Susie who fell down the stairs.
Credits
* The song was written, composed and produced by Jackson.
* "Pie Jesu" segment composed by Maurice Duruflé (Requiem Op.9), conducted by Robert Shaw and performed by the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Chorus.
* Child's voice Markita Prescott

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/evLI-K565UM?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/evLI-K565UM?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sources:

http://michaeljacksonbeat.blogspot.com/2008/06/track-14-little-susie.html

http://wikibin.org/articles/little-susie.html

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/v/NeGsohNbYsA?fs=1&hl=en_GB">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true">http://www.youtube.com/v/NeGsohNbYsA?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">
I seem to have lost the ability to post videos! Or maybe they are not videos that support sharing?
Help anyone?
Here's the link, and if you can do better please do! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeGsohNbYsA

A Lullaby for Michael Jackson

Hi Billie Jean09, here's the embedded video you wanted to post.
The song is "Sleepsong" by Secret Garden/
Very touching video, made me cry!
Great find Billie Jean09!!

Bodhisattva

Thank you Jan for letting me repost your beautiful, poignant poem from your blog Withachildsheart.

I stand just beyond your reach
My purpose now only to teach
Less tangible, but no less real
I can still see, hear and feel
Your love from across the chasm
I am not a ghostly phantasm
Out of sight behind a shimmering weave
How could you think I could bear to leave?

Bathed in a torrent of your tears
Aware of all of your wounds and fears
Silence masked in the roar of the beach
As breakers of sorrow crash against the breach
Echo the thunder of your hearts breaking
Buffeted in the wind of your sigh’s making
Unseen by thousands of eyes
Humbled by your heartfelt cries

I am free to stay or go
I choose to stay so you will know

I walk with you, whisper in your ears
With my kiss I silence your tears
Can you feel me? I cradle you in my arms
Rock you against my breast, keep you from harm
Each and every one intimately known
My love for you has never flown
I promise you, you are not alone

My heart has always beat in tempo with yours
I’m here behind invisible doors
You never have to ask Will You Be There
Just know I am … and we can share
This wondrous planet where we can play
Reach out for me, I’m not far away

In the moment of my death
The instant of my last breath
I knew I couldn’t leave you behind
God whispered to me within my mind
“Welcome home, My Beloved Son,
I am well pleased. Your race is won.
I am proud of you. You helped them see
The many different colors and faces of Me.
With every breath you tried to aid
You’ll never know the lives you saved.
Come home to me, my arms await
To enfold you in love at the gate

But you are free to stay or go
You may choose to stay so they will know.”

treeonorangesunsetmichael-copy.jpg

“Abba, I cannot leave them
See how their world works to deceive them
Can you not hear their cries?
How their hearts recoil from the lies
They still need my help to weather their storms
They still need my presence ‘tho they can’t see my form
My work is not yet done, my contract unfulfilled
I have not healed them, they are still ill
The error of their ways I showed
It takes time for the seed I planted to grow

Am I free to stay or go?
May I choose to stay so they will know?”

I tried so often
To tell you how I felt
My love for you beyond measure
I poured it into all I said and did
To bring you joy, to bring you pleasure
Help you escape the vicissitudes of life
Aide you through your struggles and strife
Give you hope when darkness closes in
Light your way through your valleys of sin
My quest for perfection was not for my glory
But for His … And yours

Did you really think I could leave?
Didn’t you know I would linger
Arms outstretched to welcome you home?
I am not just a dancer, a singer.
Didn’t I tell you I’ll always be there
Just call my name, you are not alone
Don’t walk away and we will share
Right here on Earth, our beautiful home
Whatever happens, don’t let go of my hand
A new consciousness, a higher purpose for man
Much more in line with the prophet’s plan
Heaven can wait, you are my life
As you always have been
‘Tho invisible and Speechless
I speak now from within.

Listen closely
My voice still reminds
Through the music I left you
In your hearts
In your minds

I am free to stay or go
I choose to stay and bring you all home.

Jan

Source:http://withachildsheart.wordpress.com/2010/10/15/bodhisattva/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back