(possible) Chicago single release: Would you like to see a new C. Rooney mix on it?

coffre

Proud Member
I'd like to see a Corey Rooney finished version on the single - based on the final recorded vocals as well as their (CR & MJ) latest vision on this song.

Would you look forward for such a version of SWLM?

Last edited:
I would like it, just to see what he would have done with it, and with him writing the song and working on the song with MJ it's win win. I can't see it happening though because if they did it would be a slap in the face to Timbaland.

I would like it, just to see what he would have done with it, and with him writing the song and working on the song with MJ it's win win. I can't see it happening though because if they did it would be a slap in the face to Timbaland.
IMHO he'd deserve that slap :ph34r:

Anyone noticed the different vocals/lyrics?

On the original version MJ sings

while on the 2014 (re)mix it's

This means that MJ had continued to work on it.

I'd like to see a Corey Rooney finished version on the single - based on the final recorded vocals as well as their (CR & MJ) latest vision on this song.

Would you look forward for such a version of SWLM?
You are hearing things. He is singing the same thing in the remix and the original version. Re-listen again, closely.

He is singing "a 59 was the code she gave" in both.

You are hearing things. He is singing the same thing in the remix and the original version. Re-listen again, closely.

He is singing "a 59 was the code she gave" in both.

^
my bad, I thought he sung that on the 3rd chorus

I would love to see if he could have taken this track even further, just like Darkchild did with the title track.... you have raised a very interesting querie... would be great if it came to light.

I agree, I think Rooney would have been brilliant to bring in and considering he did work on it with MJ. Gosh wouldn't that be amazing if he had. I think each person who worked on songs with MJ should be the one's working on them now. MJ chose those people for a reason and I'm sure each of them would know where MJ was heading with each track :)

I'm very happy with how the new version turned out. can't get enough. Timbaland was the perfect choice to contemporize all these songs. But it would be interesting to see how it would have been with the original producer. Honestly both Michael's original version and the new version are GREAT.

I really want to hear the 2010 mix, hope they'll release it.

Back