Preliminary Hearing 10/1/11. Day Five. Discussion Thread

TheChosenOne

Proud Member
As we go into the second week of the prelims, remember the rules of MJJC. Stay on topic. Remain respectful.

Trials & Tribulations:
Testimony is scheudled to resume at 10:00 a.m. today. However, there is a hearing at 9:00 a.m. to go over motions or other matters with the attorneys. The District Attorney’s office has been tight lipped about what witnesses are going to take the stand next. It’s anyone’s guess but my guess would be either more coroner investigators/lab analyists, the coroner himself or the detective who interviewed Dr. Murray with his counsel present.

I can’t remember who told me this (I think it was In Session’s correspondent Beth Karas but I’m NOT positive) but one of Dr. Murray’s attorneys is J. Michael Flanagan. Apparently, Flanagan is noted for achieving an acquittal for a defendant in another case involving propofol.

morning/afternoon everyone. hoping this might be done within the next couple of days

Apparently, Flanagan is noted for achieving an acquittal for a defendant in another case involving propofol.
true but the nurse who was aquited in that case wasnt even in the room when it was administered so thats hardly a tough aquital to win. the other nurse charged took a plea bargin

The Lost Child;3184978 said:
I can’t remember who told me this (I think it was In Session’s correspondent Beth Karas but I’m NOT positive) but one of Dr. Murray’s attorneys is J. Michael Flanagan. Apparently, Flanagan is noted for achieving an acquittal for a defendant in another case involving propofol.

TMZ spoke to J. Michael Flanagan who told us, "I'm probably the only attorney in town that has successfully tried a Propofol case involving death."

Back in 2004, Flanagan defended a nurse who was accused of wrongly administering the stuff to a patient who later died. The nurse was charged with involuntary manslaughter -- the same crime we're told the D.A. is likely to charge Murray with. But with Flanagan by her side, the nurse was acquitted.

As for Murray's role in the Michael Jackson case, Flanagan told us, "I am totally unaware of any facts that would give rise to an involuntary manslaughter charge."
http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/08/murrays-new-lawyer-i-know-propofol/

morning/afternoon everyone. hoping this might be done within the next couple of days

true but the nurse who was aquited in that case wasnt even in the room when it was administered so thats hardly a tough aquital to win. the other nurse charged took a plea bargin

Hi elusive!!

you are right.. the nurse wasn't even in the room and she didn't administer it. Her case was totally different than Murray's case. Murray's is even worse because he's a doctor, he didn't have monitoring equipment and he wasn't paying MJ any attention whatsoever.

Erin has won lottery again so she will be reporting back when she can to us fans.

How does Erin keep winning the lottery tickets? I mean she does an awesome job but how does she keep winning them all the time!

Erin Get up at 3 AM every court date and drives in to Los Angeles and always trys to be there first.. So I'd say that's why she has good luck at lottery. Plus she's been there every court date since begining at airport court house so she's prob figured out a lot of how it all works.
PS
she has missed a day or two. atleast one. by not winning.

Oh my God...my internet went out, so I threw on a light jacket and ran to Starbucks, thinking I could sit inside and use their's...well, there are no seats, so I'm sitting outside on a bench in like 30 degree weather and the wind is blowing like crazy and it's freeeeeezing and I have no gloves or scarf or hat or even a warm coat. It took me a long time to type this because I kept hitting the wrong keys because my fingers are numb... Man. I am crazy. :(

Murrays PR person, Miranda Sevcik, (cant belive he even has one!) is on twitter apparantly.

"Murray preliminary- week 2 . Team is feeling optimistic."
about 1 hour ago via TwitBird

http://twitter.com/Mirandamedia

Last edited:
I wonder why Marlon or Tito haven't shown up?

Marlon lives further away in Atlanta, so I'm assuming he is unable to get away for an extended period of time. I'm assuming Tito lives in LA or Vegas but I'm not sure why he's not been at the courthouse.

U also have to imagine how hard it is for them to hear some of that courtroom testimony. It's difficult for US, so I'm sure that for his brothers and sisters it's even more heartbreaking. Perhaps they'd rather not subject themselves to it, and just get recaps later on. I can respect that.

Procution flying in 2 wittness from Houston.

the crazy women from the lock up

Murrays PR person, Miranda Sevcik, (cant belive he even has one!) is on twitter apparantly.

"Murray preliminary- week 2 . Team is feeling optimistic."
about 1 hour ago via TwitBird
http://twitter.com/Mirandamedia
dieing to send a saracstic reply back lol stuoid bitch asks ppl to wish murray luck when the prelim started.

I just want to add that Erin and Justice4MJ is doing a really good job in reporting from the courtroom however please remember that misunderstandings on their part could happen. Last week the "prosecution rested" misunderstanding kinda spread like wildfire and there also has been some exaggeration. Overall what I'm saying is please treat those information as unverified inside courtroom reporting.

(Once we can verify them from multiple sources we can treat it as 100% verified factual information)

Tito couldn't watch the This Is It premiere. Maybe propofol bottles,

June 25th, and autopsy talk are too much for him. If so, I wouldn't

blame him.

Back