[ Pretrial Discussion Closed ] AEG files summary judgment motion to dismiss Katherine's lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [General Discussion] AEG files their summary judgment motion asking to dismiss Katherine's lawsu

How is a guy calling his doctor to tell him about a medicalproblem an interesting development? Like posted above I am getting tired of TomM. wtf does this have to do with Murrayand AEG?

Re: [General Discussion] AEG files their summary judgment motion asking to dismiss Katherine's lawsu

^^ Nothing to do with KJ vs AEG. Creepy Jason is just cashing in and using perfect opportunity to get his fat face on media, and TMezz is reaching now.

So Michael calling his doctor to tell him about a medical problem oh that is so strange. And where oh where is he asking for drugs during this voicemail maybe I missed it? And every time Mez opens his mouth I lose a little bit of respect forhim

I'm with you on BOTH accounts Justthefacts.

There is also NO proof that Michael asked Jason for propofol or anything else for that matter. It's easy to say that Michael asked him for propofol AFTER the fact that Michael is no longer here to deny or confirm anything like that ever happened. Typical!

One more thing, I will be very surprised if AEG uses Jason and his little "tape," since said tape has now been SOLD to the highest bidder and he was most likely PAID for this interview. By doing so, in my opinion, his credibility is shot - as it should be.

Folks jumping on the band wagon after the fact get on my last nerve!!!!!

His name is Jason. And I am more then sure AEG won't go near this boy.

I'm with you on BOTH accounts Justthefacts.

There is also NO proof that Michael asked Jason for propofol or anything else for that matter. It's easy to say that Michael asked him for propofol AFTER the fact that Michael is no longer here to deny or confirm anything like that ever happened. Typical!

One more thing, I will be very surprised if AEG uses Jason and his little "tape," since said tape has now been SOLD to the highest bidder and he was most likely PAID for this interview. By doing so, in my opinion, his credibility is shot - as it should be.

Folks jumping on the band wagon after the fact get on my last nerve!!!!!

First there would have to be some proof that that was indeed Michael, although as nobody appears to be on Michael's side, I guess nobody would care. smdh

He said nothing relevant on this tape.

^Exactly, this unpleasant sensationalist article hasn't any relevance tothe aeg trial whatever radaronline is trying to imply. Jason isn't on the witness for this trial and neither is klein - both cd be impeached easily by the other side with all their rambling stories they've sold on mj since 25 june.

He doesn't sound slurred or anything, just like he normally talks. Nor is he asking for any drugs, just a normal phone call related to some skin issue asking for his doctor to call him back. Jason is bitter and is trying too hard. EPIC FAIL.

I didn't listen to the voicemail but the quotes sound like he might have had some side effects from klien's treatment (maybe the botox shots to the groin) and wanted to see his treating doctor about it, which is what most patients are encouraged to do...doesn't mean he's shopping for anything.

According to his autopsy Michael had a prostate problem. Of course, the article does not mention that.

And he's not even asking for meds, just wants to talk to Klein. Maybe to ask him if he could offer him a good expert.

Jason is shopping this voicmail for long now, but it's totally irrelevant, it doesn't prove anything of what he claims in the rest of the article.

Last edited:

If Michael wasn't as rich and talented as he was, I guarantee nobody would be in court like this. And with this trial going on, the media is just gonna keep adding things to make Michael look like a bad person. That's exactly what I didn't want. Why did they do this anyway?

@Bubs You are absolutely right, 'back at square one' is exactly how it feels. I had hoped the media had moved past it, now its as bad as ever and at the end of this trial many people will believe that Michael was entirely responsible for his death.

Yes, i think this is going to be themain outcome. With the murray trial, even with the mountain of evidence as to what a total disaster murray was as a doctor and the careful excluding by pastor of all the other salacious parts of the story, i was really surprised at how unsymathetic the general public were about mj when reading comments online and hearing people talk - there is a definite feeling out there that a rich celeb like mj was in the driving seat and was ultimately responsible for the prop o/d. This case is going to be 1000x worse, as the evidence against aeg is nothing compared to what was against murray and both sides are just going to trawl through mj's life picking out his drug incidents, giving the impression he was drug addled 24/7 since 1993.

The estate must be tearing their hair out, they've been trying to get the focus back on his music and the things that are positive. What a great backdrop this trial is going to be to the new cirque show in vegas. And will mj be paying the $millions that this massive trial is going to cost? - those jackson lawyers better be on contingency as i'm not happy at my fan money being used for this.

as for this voicemail - yes it doesn't show that he's shopping for doctors but the recording can also increase Jason's credibility about other calls he claims to have received from Michael.

as for this voicemail - yes it doesn't show that he's shopping for doctors but the recording can also increase Jason's credibility about other calls he claims to have received from Michael.
Why is his credibility about other calls relevant here though? He's a sleazeball who used to work for a private health clinic, recorded probably without consent a famous customer in conversation and has seemingly kept these recorded calls for nearly 4 yrs and is now selling them to the tabs. He's not part of this trial and is just using the interest generated to make $$ in a pretty despicable way.

Last edited:

Unless he has recordings of them all and he can present them, I don't think so. This recording is irrelevant and proves nothing about his other claims in the article.

And Jason shot his credibility with that gay lover story. I noticed he never mentions that any more. Now the relationship he describes with Michael in both articles and that lawsuit he filed against Klein is a distant, professional one, not that of lovers or soulmates.

don't think like a fan, think like a jury. the jury would not know the gay lover story and any issues with his credibility - unless Jacksons challenge him in that regard.

if I did not know anything and a person came forward telling that he received phonecalls from Michael asking for drugs and can produce one or more of those calls, he would have been believable.

ps : messages left to a voicemail would not be an illegal recording. the person that's calling would know that the phone will record the message and if they leave a message to be recorded, that's consent.

don't think like a fan, think like a jury. the jury would not know the gay lover story and any issues with his credibility - unless Jacksons challenge him in that regard.

if I did not know anything and a person came forward telling that he received phonecalls from Michael asking for drugs and can produce one or more of those calls, he would have been believable.

ps : messages left to a voicemail would not be an illegal recording. the person that's calling would know that the phone will record the message and if they leave a message to be recorded, that's consent.

But you're taking jason at his word that aeg is considering asking him to be a witness - he's not on the witness list. And rather than think like a jury member, it would be better to think like an aeg lawyer wouldn't it - they'll know how easy jason would be to impeach - the gay lover story, the vendetta against klein. They'd be unlikely to have confidence in him under xexamination. Why isn't klein on the witness list? - he's meant to be a big player in all this, but i'm guessing he's just so flaky and impeachable with various rants that both sides seem to have ignored him.

Jason says 'he's prepared to testify at the aeg trial' - just like terry george in the 05 trial and susan etok in the murray trial. There's going to be a whole slew of lowlifes coming out now who are trying to get some shine from this trial - i guarantee longtime confidante matt fiddess is going to the tabs offering his services as a witness at this trial.

Last edited:

That witness lists are initial witness lists so many people can be added to it and even these media stories can be used without calling people to stand. As for Klein he's sick and way to unstable. No one would want to call a witness that's a wild card and not stable to the stand.

All I'm saying is just have an wait and see approach for almost anything and everything. It's way to early to rule out anyone and anything.

Michael Jackson Trial: AEG Live Prepares for Court Battle
10:02 AM PDT 4/16/2013 by Eriq Gardner
0 0 0 0 0 Email Print Comments
Legal observers expect a salacious case that will examine the responsibility for hiring and supervising Dr. Conrad Murray to treat the late pop star.

Getty Images
Conrad Murray
AEG Live never got to take Michael Jackson out on one last final This is It tour, but a show will soon begin anyway in a Los Angeles courtroom.
OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

Alleged 'Smoking Gun' E-mail Suggests Link Between AEG and Michael Jackson's Death

Prince Michael Jackson to Make Acting Debut on CW's '90210' (Exclusive)
The concert promoter is facing liability for its role in allegedly engaging Dr. Conrad Murray to treat Jackson. The doctor has already been found guilty of involuntary manslaughter for giving the singer Propofol before Jackson's death in June 2009.
A year after the King of Pop died, Jackson's mother filed a lawsuit that looked to collect billions of dollars and spread the blame for her son's death. Almost all of the claims have been dismissed by the judge in advance of the trial including those against the concert promoter's parent company, Anschutz Entertainment Group Inc.
What remains is a single count of negligent hiring against AEG Live.
According to the Jackson family's complaint, "At the time of his death, Michael Jackson was under the immediate care of a doctor selected by, hired by, and controlled by AEG. Indeed, AEG demanded and required that Michael Jackson be treated by this particular doctor to ensure that [Jackson] would attend all rehearsals and shows on the tour. Due to AEG’s actions and inactions, three loving children lost their father.”
Although the claims have been narrowed down, the trial is still expected to take one or two months with enough drama and huge stakes to prompt several TV news outlets to request cameras in the courtroom. (The judge denied live television coverage.)
This week, the parties are in the midst of the intricate process of finding 12 jurors plus several alternates who can stay open-minded as they hear evidence and testimony on the death of one of the most famous individuals in the world.
STORY: Defending 'Spoiled Brats': Lawyers to Michael Jackson and Lindsay Lohan Tell All
AEG Live will be defending itself by saying there's no evidence to suggest that they were the ones to hire Murray. During discovery, the plaintiffs weren't able to obtain any firm contracts. The doctor was scheduled to be paid $150,000 a month to treat Jackson from an unsigned contract, but never saw that money and had been working with Jackson at the singer's behest for several years before the tour was even discussed. Thus, there's the unresolved issue of who actually was responsible for Murray's employment.
"He was chosen by Michael Jackson," said AEG's attorney Marvin Putnam on CNN's Michael Jackson: The Final Days, a documentary that aired earlier this month. "He was brought to Los Angeles by Michael Jackson. He had been Michael Jackson's longtime physician and continued in that capacity and was directed by him and could only be fired at will by him."
In contrast, the Jackson family will likely attempt to show that AEG's executives knew about Jackson's condition, made assurances to have Dr. Murray involved so that the singer would be ready for his tour, and put pressures on the physician that eventually led to the singer's death.
In one widely quoted e-mail, AEG Live co-CEO Paul Gongaware wrote to This Is It show director Kenny Ortega, “We want to remind [Murray] that it is AEG, not MJ, who is paying his salary. We want to remind him what is expected of him."
PHOTOS: 18 of Hollywood's Outrageous Entertainment Lawsuits
As Kevin Boyle, an attorney for the family put it at a hearing in February, "They had [Murray] in this situation where his loyalty became divided."
Although the essential question of the trial is narrow, it's hardly simple, and the proceedings are expected to cover quite a bit of Michael Jackson background -- enough to keep reporters enthralled for weeks.
AEG's legal team could spend some time discussing Jackson's drug abuse history and unsuccessful interventions by others in his family.
"This aspect of the case is obviously going to be very salacious," says Marc Nurik, an attorney at Liner Grode. "It goes to the control and supervision issue. If there's evidence that Jackson had been using this stuff before, it'll show he wasn't some unwilling neophyte to Murray's activities."
The family, in turn, might attempt to demonstrate for the jury a wrongful death in emotional terms. On its preliminary witness list are Jackson's children, Paris and Prince, his siblings, even his ex-wives Lisa Marie Presley and Debbie Rowe. Also tentatively (although not assuredly) scheduled to be on the witness stand are Diana Ross, Quincy Jones, Prince, Spike Lee and Lou Ferrigno. The family is seeking billions of dollars of lost income from Jackson's death and many of these individuals could talk about the stature of the late superstar.
Others who could appear as witnesses are AEG founder Philip Anschutz, former AEG Chief Executive Tim Leiweke and AEG Live president Kenny Phillips. If the latter gets on the stand, he'll be forced to explain his intimate familiarity with Jackson's troubles.
Three months before Jackson died, Phillips wrote to his company, "MJ is locked in his room drunk and despondent. I (am) trying to sober him up."
He added, "I screamed at him so loud the walls are shaking... He is an emotionally paralyzed mess riddled with self-loathing and doubt now that it is show time."
It is show time now. Just not the one he ever imagined.
Nurik imagines there might be reasons why AEG hasn't settled beyond that it feels as though it has a strong defense. He says, "I'm sure they don't want to be put in a position of conceding ground. They say [they] just paid for Murray, and at end of the day, they don't want to hold more responsibility when it comes to future promoting endeavors."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/michael-jackson-trial-aeg-live-440370

Jason is not on the witness list. AEG may decide to call him regardless, but he's a risky witness. And he makes himself only more impeachable with these rounds in the tabloid media. But let's say he testifies:

I don't think so. This voicmail does not have Michael asking for any drugs - he only wanted to talk to Klein about some medical issue he had. How does it prove anything about Jason's comments about Michael begging for Demerol and Propofol and the like? Unless he has tapes of those convos too, this one does not prove anything he claims. And you don't have to be a fan to see that.

^^

I was thinking a lot more general. A voicemail can establish that he did receive calls from Michael. The rest - the content of the calls- is as always for a jury to believe or not.

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 3m
Hello from the courthouse in downtown LA. We just had a hearing regarding the protective and sealing order of docs in Jackson family vs AEG

An attorney for the Michael Jackson Estate appeared and told the judge she wants all the medical records sealed from the public.

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 2m
She said she doesn't mind if info is introduced in the trial, but she told reporters in the hallway they want to keep the info from media

^^

I was thinking a lot more general. A voicemail can establish that he did receive calls from Michael. The rest - the content of the calls- is as always for a jury to believe or not.

Would they have to prove it was actually Michael on the recording? Even Radar online point out it doesn't sound much like him (on account of him being so drugged up and all)

^^

not unless it's challenged.

Remember Murray trial? Prosecution did not need to prove that it was Michael on the sound recording because no one challenged authenticity.

Right, thanks. Hmmm I guess I just assumed the prosecutors did at least one check, but I guess maybe not.

An attorney for the Michael Jackson Estate appeared and told the judge she wants all the medical records sealed from the public.

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 2m
She said she doesn't mind if info is introduced in the trial, but she told reporters in the hallway they want to keep the info from media

Please please judge let this happen :teary_eyed::pray:

ABC7 Court News @ABC7Courts
Judge told the Estate she's putting the burden on them to show cause of what's needed to be sealed and what is not.

ABC7 Court News @ABC7Courts
Judge said it's high burden to prove, since what's presented to the jury becomes automatically public record. Issue 2 be decided on Apr 25

See thats the problem anything presented to the Jury is public record. Same as the Murray Trial.

Hopefully by then Katherine has come to her senses and called off this mockery.

The voice mail was NO BIG DEAL! I heard NOTHING wrong with it. MJ doesn't sound no where near slurred and he sure ain't asking about drugs! It was the article attached to the recording that was alleging all sorts of crap to make it worse then it really is. It would be nice for BOTH SIDES to chill the hell out and fight this in the court room and not in the public! :smilerolleyes:

Hopefully by then Katherine has come to her senses and called off this mockery.

Don't bet on that. Her lust for money is far too strong to the point of making the sacrifice of the golden goose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back