[ Pretrial Discussion Closed ] AEG files summary judgment motion to dismiss Katherine's lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [General Discussion] AEG files their summary judgment motion asking to dismiss Katherine's lawsu

TMZ filmed Jermaine when he was out yesterday (their headline is about Paris & Debbie bonding but they asked him about AEG too). They asked him about the $40 billion lawsuit and he said

"You cant put a price on anybodys life, whether its MJ or someone else, to the loved one, life is priceless, so what kind of price can you put on a human being, but you cant put a price on it, its love... he was so loved by the world and that is priceless, its not about money but we lost someone very very dear, thats very dear to us and very dear to the world, he touched so many people hearts in the world, im not even thinking about the money, none of that stuff, nothing gonna bring him back, we want him back".

Re: [General Discussion] AEG files their summary judgment motion asking to dismiss Katherine's lawsu

ya mama can put a price on it cement hair

ABC7 Court News @ABC7Courts
Attorneys for the Jacksons and AEG were back in the courtroom today hashing out details on what should be allowed in the trial

The lawyers seem to disagree just about everything, including which company will be used to run the electronic equipments in the courtroom

Before defense's motions were discussed, the attorneys for both sides had a heated discussion about whether Michael Jackson is indeed dead

Jacksons attorney said "MJ is still alive, according to AEG." This was a jab at AEG's attorney who didn't stipulate to dismiss a juror yest

Juror answered in the questionnaire that he wasn't sure Michael Jackson was dead. AEG's atty told judge comment was taken out of context

AEG asked the judge to exclude several of the plaintiffs' expert witnesses claiming they don't have expertise in the area they're testifying

AEG to judge: "Every expert testified the exact same thing, word for word sometimes." They say some opine beyond their scope of expertise

Jacksons' attorney, Brian Panish, argued the opposite, saying their experts would only talk about what they are competent to opine

Panish to judge: "I know how to ask the question; they just don't like the questions."

AEG to judge: "Every expert testified the exact same thing, word for word sometimes." They say some opine beyond their scope of expertise

Jacksons atty: They (AEG) hired an addicted man a drug-pusher to be his tour doctor. AEG atty: You're not to use experts as your mouthpieces

Judge issued tentative rulings for the motions, but they are not available to the public until judge makes the rulings final

Hearing on sealing and protective order scheduled for tomorrow morning, when plaintiffs attorney will argue their motions too.

If you can't put a price tag on someone's life then why are they suing for $40 billion? Asking that amount is crazy. Everyone knows that Michael's mother and kids are well taken care of. You know with the Murray trial I felt like someone was on Michael's side but this time I don't feel that way at all. I feel that here with us but that's it.

Ivy help me understand something, the Jackson clan are blaming AEG and Murray for what happened to Michael right?

sorry if this is OT or if it has been discussed earlier, but i don't really want to follow this trial because it upsets me too much, but i have just seen in a Hungarian tabloid that Paris, Prince and Katherine said (maybe in their depositions?) that they think it was an impersonator and not Michael who announced the TII concerts in London. Is this information legit? Did they really state this?

sorry if this is OT or if it has been discussed earlier, but i don't really want to follow this trial because it upsets me too much, but i have just seen in a Hungarian tabloid that Paris, Prince and Katherine said (maybe in their depositions?) that they think it was an impersonator and not Michael who announced the TII concerts in London. Is this information legit? Did they really state this?

It's tabloid nonsense.

Double post.

Last edited:

Ivy help me understand something, the Jackson clan are blaming AEG and Murray for what happened to Michael right?

they are claiming Michael died because of Murray's negligence and AEG shares the same responsibility as Murray as they hired him. In order for the AEG shares the same responsibility as Murray, they rely on the communications (AEG told Murray to get Michael to rehearsals) and alleged dependence between the parties (Murray needed money)

------------------------------------

BTW pay attention to this tweet

Jacksons atty: They (AEG) hired an addicted man a drug-pusher to be his tour doctor. AEG atty: You're not to use experts as your mouthpieces

Jacksons attorney is calling Michael "an addicted man".

"AEG asked the judge to exclude several of the plaintiffs' expert witnesses claiming they don't have expertise in the area they're testifying"

Wouldn't that benefit AEG. If they discredit their expertise in front of the jury, wouldn't that harm Katherine's side or I'm missing something?

^^Yes I saw that comment from Katherine's side about Michael being an addicted man and AEG hiring a drug pusher to be his doctor. Even if AEG checked Muarry's background they would not find out that he was a drug pusher. I don't think there is any evidence that Muarry was a drug pusher. I guess they and the judge are still going with the idea that a man with debt should not be hired to be a doctor, because chances are he will be a drug pusher.

It seems important parts of the tweets show that some of the expert witnesses seem to be giving opinions in areas they are not expert in. If this is the case, I agree that these people should be excused. This case is already long filled with useless witnesses who Katherine's side claim are experts. What makes it worse is that they are all saying the same thing, if we are to believe AEG. This judge needs to tighten up these issues before the trial. She is definitely not as structured as Pastor.

Respect of course it is bullying. That is why I sometimes I sneer when someone is the press talk about bullying in schools & on the internet and how people/authorities should do something about it. The media engage in a lot of bullying under the guise of freedom of speech--but that is another topic.

Scorpion your comment: The question is whether or not AEG USED Murray as a fall guy to kill MJ? That is what I think has happened. In this case, AEG should be charged for capital murder, not wrongful death.

You really think AEG used Muarry to kill Michael? Can you say what facts led you to think that?

All facts describing Murray's behavior that night until morning including up to not calling 911 immediately, not performing real proper CPR. Few days later he was having fun until trial began.
Financially broken Murray could not afford attorneys, somebody paid for him. Is anyone really believes Murray that idiot so he did not know what he was doing with that propofol, he monitored MJ other days, that day he was talking over the phone 45 min leaving MJ alone....
The murder plot is simple: Murray was paid to kill MJ because AEG realized that Michael could not perform 50 concerts, AEG did the math and figured out that dead MJ will cost more which turns out to be true. AEG earned much more money on TII than they would have earned with concerts. Then Murray covers up as fall guy getting only 4 years for involuntary manslaughter with dreams he will be enjoying his reward soon.
I will never believe that MJ passed away because of NEGLIGENCE of doctor, NO, it iwas intentional murder. Why would Murray want to kill MJ? For much more money he is promissed if he handles manslaughter wich is nothing to compare 1st degree murder and conspiracy with AEG.

Ivy, I assume there will be fans upset with that comment but, the term has been referenced by the plaintiffs' and the defendant’s lawyers for some time and now, more months to come.

The difference is the defendant’s lawyers will have to explain why they went into a lucrative deal with a man they were aware had such tendencies and did not show more due diligence regarding the doctor chosen.

Aquarius, agreed. The defendant's lawyers may want to remove these experts for other reasons.

Last edited:

The lawyers seem to disagree just about everything, including which company will be used to run the electronic equipments in the courtroom

Before defense's motions were discussed, the attorneys for both sides had a heated discussion about whether Michael Jackson is indeed dead

I don't know whether laugh or cry about these tweets, both side are behaving like a little kids.

Thanks Katherine.

@Petrarose, I agree this judge is not as structured as Pastor, and by reading what is going on, I really miss his way to handle things. He would have sorted out lawyers from both sides in no time, and told them to cut the crap.

Ivy, have you heard anything about gag order that judge recommened to both sides?
I think she should order it whether lawyers for both sides want it or not.

I don't know whether laugh or cry about these tweets...

I did both. MJ's brilliance, humanity, and dignity are going to be stripped away. AGAIN. To be reduced to just an addicted man and his drug pusher. And this is four years after he's died. And by his own mother's attorneys. Even knowing it was coming, it's just so unreal.

Thanks Katherine.

I did both. MJ's brilliance, humanity, and dignity are going to be stripped away. AGAIN. To be reduced to just an addicted man and his drug pusher. And this is four years after he's died. And by his own mother's attorneys. Even knowing it was coming, it's just so unreal.

As I said before. Katherine can't win this case and the only thing that will be achieved is further damage to MJ's memory.
The public don't need to hear stories of MJ being addicted to drugs, nor the abuse allegations, nor his poor mental or physical health, nor his debt. All these things harm his image further. By pursuing this case Katherine is dragging her own son through mire once again.
She is well looked after by the MJ Estate, and so are the kids. None of them need money, yet they (she) is doing this anyway. It's a clear attempt to gain money for the benefit of the rest of the family - the family that MJ didn't look after in his will at all. I lost a lot of respect for Katherine because of this.

Thanks Katherine.

Mother's mouth-piece needs to tread lightly when he makes statements like "AEG hired a DRUG-PUSHER to be Michael's tour doctor."

I mean, I know they don't want folks to focus on the FACT the Murray was Michael's doctor way before AEG came on the scene. Those words, in my opinion, boil down to meaning that Michael Jackson HIRED a "drug-pusher" as his doctor before he started thinking about a series of concerts. Is that what Mother is trying to convey? Just doesn't bode well for her side, in my opinion.

Oh and Bubs, I totally agree with you - Thanks Katherine!!!!!!

One of the most private people who ever lived, Michael Jackson, is now about to have his inner thoughts, his most private moments and occurrences put on display for the entire world to see and dissect all because of money. I can't believe his OWN family is doing this to him! They all knew how the media treated Michael when he was alive, now they are going to provide the media with a bunch of new information to twist and turn in order to enhance their own agenda's.

It makes me sick to my stomach!

Tygger;3813730 said:
Ivy, I assume there will be fans upset with that comment but, the term has been referenced by the plaintiffs' and the defendant’s lawyers for some time and now, more months to come.

I know. Some people - and I don't mean you or anyone on this board- have been in denial. I just pointed that out.

The difference is the defendant’s lawyers will have to explain why they went into a lucrative deal with a man they were aware had such tendencies and did not show more due diligence regarding the doctor chosen.

Don't mix up AEG's defense. They will argue that they didn't know MJ had a problem. The only thing they knew was 93 addiction and now he didn't tell them anything and even lied to them when asked. AEG will state that they found about MJ's "addiction" after his death and again paint him as an addict who would have done anything to get the drugs - with or without them. That's the way they will put the blame on Michael

------------------------------------------------------------

And for everyone's info

Alan Duke ‏@AlanDukeCNN 14h
@Pearljr AEG lawyer didn't say MJ is not dead, just that it's an element of the case Jackson lawyers must prove. AEG not giving an inch.

I'm trying very hard to hold back tears. And I'm angry too. I said on another board, 2 weekends ago, I went to see the movie 42 and it was great. They did such a great job showing Jackie Robinson's trailblazing move in baseball and that is what Michael's legacy should be, about how he is the greatest entertainer ever, and a Black man owning that title in racist America. Instead, here we are back to this crap about drugs and molestation and money problems, etc. That Spike Lee doc on Michael was so good when they showed it on tv. This is the kind of thing we should be celebrating about Michael instead its slanderous tabloid crap and some of it due to his own family! There's a part of them that wants to see Michael's legacy destroyed. Because they're jealous and greedy. Never in a million years did I think they would become our enemies. Thought they would be in the fight with us for Michael. But they're not. They're his ENEMIES.

Mother's mouth-piece needs to tread lightly when he makes statements like "AEG hired a DRUG-PUSHER to be Michael's tour doctor."

I mean, I know they don't want folks to focus on the FACT the Murray was Michael's doctor way before AEG came on the scene. Those words, in my opinion, boil down to meaning that Michael Jackson HIRED a "drug-pusher" as his doctor before he started thinking about a series of concerts. Is that what Mother is trying to convey? Just doesn't bode well for her side, in my opinion.

Oh and Bubs, I totally agree with you - Thanks Katherine!!!!!!

One of the most private people who ever lived, Michael Jackson, is now about to have his inner thoughts, his most private moments and occurrences put on display for the entire world to see and dissect all because of money. I can't believe his OWN family is doing this to him! They all knew how the media treated Michael when he was alive, now they are going to provide the media with a bunch of new information to twist and turn in order to enhance their own agenda's.

It makes me sick to my stomach!

However if it were any of them this were happening too oh the media are evil they are trying to take us down blah blah. Screw them. And that is the mildest way I can put it

Mike's family sucks.

Mike's family sucks.

I just can't get over the fact that THEY, Michael's OWN family, are willing to put all of his business in the street, so that Mother can "try" and secure a financial future for her deadbeat cubs.

I'm just an outsider looking in and feel that Michael would HATE this whole thing, especially the part about the most private parts of his life being on display for everybody and their Momma to see.

And his children, the same children he tried so hard to protect. We all saw, and not just us, the entire world saw how protective Michael was of his children. I'm sure he would just hate the fact that his children are being dragged into this mess. I didn't know him personally, but I'm very confident when I say that Michael Jackson would absolutely hate this entire thing!

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 16h

Hearing on sealing and protective order scheduled for tomorrow morning, when plaintiffs attorney will argue their motions too.
Details

ABC7 Court News ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 16h

Judge issued tentative rulings for the motions, but they are not available to the public until judge makes the rulings final
Details

Jacksons attorney said "MJ is still alive, according to AEG." This was a jab at AEG's attorney who didn't stipulate to dismiss a juror yest

Juror answered in the questionnaire that he wasn't sure Michael Jackson was dead. AEG's atty told judge comment was taken out of context
Oh right. So that latimes report yesterday about aeg refusing to stipulate that mj was dead, was actually aeg not stipulating to dismiss a juror who didn't believe mj was dead? I thought it didn't make any sense, legally or otherwise, and it was just the latimes either being a bit thick or being deliberately sensationalist. It doesn't really bode very well for this trial if all we've got to go on are media tweets and tabloid articles. We need ivy in the courtroom making her summaries, not these hacks who don't know anything adn will just print the most outrageous bits of testimony with no context. It's going to be really frustrating.

big apple said:
And his children, the same children he tried so hard to protect. We all saw, and not just us, the entire world saw how protective Michael was of his children. I'm sure he would just hate the fact that his children are being dragged into this mess. I didn't know him personally, but I'm very confident when I say that Michael Jackson would absolutely hate this entire thing!
Totally agree, also the stuff that is going to be discussed at the trial is going to be horribly private and painful, and just very grown up. Paris seems very clear that her dad was not an addict in one of her tweets in that wildfire, so all this focus on mj's drug issues and his vulnerable moments is going to be horrible. Why allow the tarnishing of the children's memory of their last years with their dad, it's cruel. There had better be some bombshells and smoking guns and bad aeg stuff that we don't know about in the jackson prosecution case, as otherwise it just looks shocking dereliction of duty towards ppb.

Last edited:

I'm looking forward seeing Katherine on stand and trying to keep up with her web of lies.

From Katherine's deposition
- Katherine says she didn't believe Michael abused prescription drugs.
Her lawyer doesn't agree as we all saw it from yesterday.

- Katherine also says she never met Murray and Michael never talked to her about Murray either.
That is a lie, she said on Oprah that she met CM at the hospital and he told her MJ was dead

-Katherine in her written answers admit that Michael was given Propofol by other doctors before Murray.
Again, she cannot keep her stories right.
OPRAH WINFREY (HOST): Were you surprised--was that the first time you had heard that he was taking that drug?
KATHERINE JACKSON: Yes. Very first time.

I hope AEG has been keeping tabs on their interviews and use them in trial for exposing their lies and how they twist everything to fit their agenda.

At this stage, I don't care how badly K and her cubs are exposed during the trial, they deserve every bit of it, and more.
It is unacceptable that she lets her lawyers run free for sake of getting money.

Last edited:

We need ivy in the courtroom making her summaries, not these hacks who don't know anything adn will just print the most outrageous bits of testimony with no context.

Paris seems very clear that her dad was not an addict in one of her tweets in that wildfire, so all this focus on mj's drug issues and his vulnerable moments is going to be horrible. Why allow the tarnishing of the children's memory of their last years with their dad, it's cruel.

Yes, Ivy needs to take time off from normal work and attend to trial so we are properly informed:)

I don't know what and how family has explained to Paris that her dad had to be painted as drug addict for this trial in order them to win?

I'm looking forward seeing Katherine on stand and trying to keep up with her web of lies.

From Katherine's deposition
- Katherine says she didn't believe Michael abused prescription drugs.
Her lawyer says doesn't agree as we all saw it from yesterday.

- Katherine also says she never met Murray and Michael never talked to her about Murray either.
That is a lie, she said on Oprah that she met CM at the hospital and he told her MJ was dead

-Katherine in her written answers admit that Michael was given Propofol by other doctors before Murray.
Again, she cannot keep her stories right.
OPRAH WINFREY (HOST): Were you surprised--was that the first time you had heard that he was taking that drug?
KATHERINE JACKSON: Yes. Very first time.

I hope AEG has been keeping tabs on their interviews and use them in trial for exposing their lies and how they twist everything to fit their agenda.

At this stage, I don't care how badly K and her cubs are exposed during the trial, they deserve every bit of it, and more.
It is unacceptable that she lets her lawyers run free for sake of getting money.

I can't wait to see all of the Jacksons explain away how they change their minds to suit. I hope AEG have done their homework. And I am seriously hoping LaToya is called, can't wait to see her explanation of how she knows her brother was murdered.

I cannot stand KJ's lawyers, BP seems to be a real snake and is bugging me far more than oxman ever did (and that's saying something)! The worst part about her lawyers is who is paying for them, do you really think that she would pay back the estate even if she had $40b + in her account.

Yes, Ivy needs to take time off from normal work and attend to trial so we are properly informed:)

Lol, just reread what i wrote, i meant i wish ivy was in teh courtroom. Do we know of any fans who are attending any days of this trial in la (apart from randy's sidekick). It would have been useful to have another source than the usual media sites, although i think people trust mcparland.

I cannot stand KJ's lawyers, BP seems to be a real snake and is bugging me far more than oxman ever did (and that's saying something)!
Wait til we get to hear from aeg's lawyers and their portrayal of mj, they're going to be even worse.

^^Is McParland commenting this trial?

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 16h

That is Michael's medical records, hopefylly she'll keep them sealed.

@Bubs

That`s good

Anthony McCartney ?@mccartneyAP 16h

Yes - I'm back from vacation and will be following trial closely RT @andjustice4some: @mccartneyAP You'll be attending on Monday, Anthony?

Oh, sorry just realised, it's someone called mccartney (who he?) not mcparland who i remembered covered the murray trial. Well annita can vouch for this mccartney.

Just googled mcparland. No wonder mj fans liked him - hadn't realised he was a barrister with an incredibly impressive career, working with george carman qc etc. He only did a few big trials with sky tv like mj's and the bush/gore hanging chads in florida. Pity he didn't do mj's 05 trial. He seems to have gone back to his london chambers unfortunately.

This mccartney from assoc press, is a celebrity reporter, not a lawyer although from an interview he seems a bit above the usual tabloid hack. That's the problem with the reporting of this trial, the media will probably just send their entertainment writers rather than legal analysts so we're just going to get the usual tabloid fare.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back