Prince Appreciation Thread - For Fans

I just found out that Ingrid Chavez co-wrote Justify My Love with Lenny Kravitz and did the original vocals.
oh now that i'd like to hear. i wonder how her take on that track is ...juicy thinking
There must be a demo somewhere and everything is on YT so I've been scouting around. I found one version and it's good and her vocals are better than Madonna's, imo. But I haven't found the demo yet. Assuming there even is one.
:unsure: wow there is so much to think about
Anyway, various Prince things started popping up instead. :ROFLMAO:
my youtube is a mess currently :ROFLMAO:

prince.jpg

Whaddya mean, that's a No? I'm confused.
it's how i 'know' prince ..that is how mtv sold it to me so rejected it i don't like that i like the rockstar , him. i think that is his core
Anyway, I liked the video bc I love sound check stuff.
well i didn't watch all of it it cos tony is annoying , couldnt get past tony -and that diamond and jewels intro situation is is just a block
Rehearsals. Behind the scenes. I prefer that stuff over the actual performance.
oh through and through babe absolutely agree just not that

my youtube is a mess currently :ROFLMAO:
I don't even know what that means, lol. Do you have your own channel? I can't be bothered. I did it once years ago but I really couldn't be arsed with it. I just hunt for things online and stuff appears or it doesn't.

oh now that i'd like to hear. i wonder how her take on that track is
I really liked it. Very similar to Madonna's and I think Madonna does a great job with the song (I only like The Beast Within mix, though). I think it's the best vocal performance I've heard from Madonna. But I def preferred Ingrid's version.

:unsure: wow there is so much to think about
Indeed. I feel like I'm in Gary Larson's famous cartoon. 'My brain is full.'

it's how i 'know' prince ..that is how mtv sold it to me so rejected it i don't like that i like the rockstar , him. i think that is his core
well i didn't watch all of it it cos tony is annoying , couldnt get past tony -and that diamond and jewels intro situation is is just a block
OK, well, I don't understand any of this so nvm. :ROFLMAO:

I just love sound check footage. I'm always up for that. Especially when his control of the sound check is 'thumbs up' or 'thumbs down'. He doesn't waste any time or energy, lol.

oh through and through babe absolutely agree just not that
(y)

I don't even know what that means, lol. Do you have your own channel?
yes well just for playlists and thumbs up/commenting
I can't be bothered.
:ROFLMAO: i have that and alexa i feel very tech ed out . its too much ! haha
I did it once years ago but I really couldn't be arsed with it.
ive ad it for yonks babe
I just hunt for things online and stuff appears or it doesn't.
i love that notion its magical , it appears or it doesn't and if it doesnt then well, bugger it nahahahahaha
I really liked it.
:unsure: mm ty for making us. me aware though
Very similar to Madonna's and I think Madonna does a great job with the song (I only like The Beast Within mix, though).
i have never heard any mix
I think it's the best vocal performance I've heard from Madonna. But I def preferred Ingrid's version.
got me wanting n curious !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Indeed. I feel like I'm in Gary Larson's famous cartoon. 'My brain is full.'
OMG not the bloody far side ???? n

hello my dear ~it's going to take a little bit of forever so you have to take care of number one , did you end up watching that horror the other night?
Yeah I watched Frenzy, got some classic scenes, rushed the ending, decent film.
I’m watching “saw” now
Crystal Ball is pretty creative. it's from 1998 . it's on YouTube. at some point maybe give it a go. it might entice you again. one song was used on the film Bright Lights Big City If that should help. i'm listening to your dirty mind now, it's kind of no so far ,
Hmm ok, maybe it helps if you watch some of the videos for the song, it’s prince in his underwear 😜
I’ll get to crystal ball eventually.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: my kinda guy. well you don't mind purple rain right ? so there is a boxset [or something for that theme , coming out next year] so , i wondered if they were planning to do my graffiti bridge, but no maybe not.
Purple Rain is amazing. It’s one of those albums where you feel you know every song off just by listening to the radio
Didn’t check out graffiti bridge yet either

OK, well, I don't understand any of this so nvm. :ROFLMAO:
well it is actually ....oh my its nearly one eh em. .i didn't reeeliase the time :eek::ROFLMAO:
I just love sound check footage.
me too zin anything else maybe?:unsure:
I'm always up for that. Especially when his control of the sound check is 'thumbs up' or 'thumbs down'. He doesn't waste any time or energy, lol.

(y)
no see i didn't look at it all , tony m the bloke at the beginning after we see P. [one of his band mates ]annoys me, too loud

well it is actually ....oh my its nearly one eh em. .i didn't reeeliase the time :eek::ROFLMAO:
IKR! I need to flamin' well go, lol.

no see i didn't look at it all tony m [one of his band mates ]annoys me, too loud
oh, I don't know who that is. I don't like Prince's bands much. I mean, musically. I don't rate them that highly.

Was it the guy talking? I s'pose he was a bit full of himself but that happens, right?

Anyway, bed time. god!!!!!!!! :eek:

:unsure: mm ty for making us. me aware though

i have never heard any mix
I posted The Beast Within mix on Madonna's thread.

OMG not the bloody far side ???? n
Just the 'brain full' one. I don't even like the actual cartoon itself. I love the basic idea. My brain is full. I don't especially like his working of the joke but, fair do's. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't know about the idea so I can't complain.

Yeah I watched Frenzy, got some classic scenes, rushed the ending, decent film.
I’m watching “saw” now
I LOVE the SAW franchise ! drag me to hell is a wonderful one if you can see it ..well that is if you have not seen it
Hmm ok, maybe it helps if you watch some of the videos for the song,
You know i was about to buy the cd of Dirty Mind , but chose Originals because he is dressed.
it’s prince in his underwear 😜
i'm not that type of supporter.
I’ll get to crystal ball eventually.
:Dyeah it is a decent piece of creativity i thought. i'm still thinking on it.
Purple Rain is amazing.
no .. not that not kiss no ..oh wait that is Parade... but no , not PR but .....
well there you go. you have a lovely boxset of it next year now arent you pleased my dear :ROFLMAO:
It’s one of those albums where you feel you know every song off just by listening to the radio
kind of only like when doves cry on that ...jury is out on that ...
Didn’t check out graffiti bridge yet either
:ROFLMAO:no don't . its mine :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ohhhhhh here we go [ says like kel from kenan and kel lol

IKR! I need to flamin' well go, lol.
ahahahahahah oh my days babe i can't believe it is now past 1
oh, I don't know who that is.
it always appears kind of no
I don't like Prince's bands much. I mean, musically. I don't rate them that highly.
i mean there is so much to take in im bloody zonked now
Was it the guy talking?
yes
I s'pose he was a bit full of himself
....... no more said LOL
but that happens, right?
always get em babe
Anyway, bed time. god!!!!!!!! :eek:
night night darling mwah celestite 💎

i'll drag you to one shiny hell[pit if you don't add somat productive @filmandmusic :ROFLMAO: [jkjk]

& darkside and bloodonthe - those two videos have been posted. What's everyone's fave so far then?

I'm loving everything I've been hearing but these I've been playing a lot (favs in descending order) along with Blooth on the Sheets.
heyyy :) ohhh ..i might give these a listen there's so much .. how many new songs are there roughly ?

heyyy :) ohhh ..i might give these a listen there's so much .. how many new songs are there roughly ?
I'm only gonna say the ones in the "vault tracks and unreleased" CDs of the boxset for simplicity, which in that case would be 33 tracks.
If you mean never heard before, I can't say for ones that were known before but didn't leak as I'm not that knowledgeable, but princevault didn't list Darkside and Blood on the Sheets before the tracklist got announced, so those at least were never heard of before the SDE.

oh, that's annoying. It's a little sound check video.

2m 41s

gave it another go . bit fidgety though, but i have not seen much rehearsals. the beauty of that video i think. i see he is dressed to the 9s even doing the sound check. thanks zin

I saw this and thought of 'Papa'.

From April 2016

"Suzanne Vega recently posted an unearthed letter she received from Prince on Facebook, and it’s a doozy.

“Dearest Suzanne,” the letter begins. “Luka is the most compelling piece of music I’ve heard in a long time. There are no words 2 tell you all the things I feel when I hear it. I thank God 4 u.”

Back