Prince Appreciation Thread - For Fans

(Just found this) P - Sometimes I Feel like a Motherless Child..

Full Concert - no clue of year

Melbourne / Australia ~ Audio recording of World Tour - April 1992

So this was posted from Reddit around 4 hour ago.

Duane Tudahl (Vault archivist) has recently been quoted as saying there’s enough decent Vault material for “50 to 60 box sets.”
So the question is this: what box set would you love to see?

@Fuzball you don't have to be sooo shocked. so , go on then what might be your suggestions , wants , needs etc,
You are already getting your rain which ain't blue box set next year :cautious: not enough that you had your diamonds and etc just last week is it ?
Go on then, I'm all ears.

So, we know Skipper had a vast knowledge of music . Clearly rock and punk being his roots, Yesterday a lovely YT channel shared a link regarding the new D&P SDE version of ' Thunder' titled 'The Thunder Ballet'. This was given to the Joffrey Ballet company for use in their Billboards production.

The channel shared that Prince permitted the use of his catalog without asking for royalties. Billboards is a four-part piece, each part choreographed by a different person. Laura Dean.Charles Moulton,Margot Sappington, and Peter Pucci.

Billboards raids liberally from Purple Rain, using the title track, "Baby i'm a Star", " Computer Blue," and "The Beautiful ones" as well as scattered picks off of Sign O' the Times, Batman,Graffiti Bridge, Diamonds and Pearls , and Parade.

Here’s the breakdown of the pieces in Billboards and the songs they used:

I: Sometimes It Snows in April (choreographed by Laura Dean)
“Sometimes It Snows in April”
“Trust” / “Baby I’m a Star”

II: Thunder (choreographed by Charles Moulton)
“Thunder”
“Purple Rain”

III: Slide (choreographed by Margo Sappington)
“Computer Blue”
“I Wanna Melt with U”
“The Beautiful Ones”
“Release It” / “Computer Blue” (Reprise)

IV: Willing & Able (choreographed by Peter Pucci)
“For You”
“The Question of U”
“It”
“Willing and Able” / “Gett Off”

Billboards premiered on January 27, 1993, at the University of Iowa’s Hancher Auditorium in Iowa City, Iowa.

'The Thunder Ballet' was released on home video in 1994.

'Thunder Ballet' from Diamonds & pearls SD Edition.

BET interview with Prince (The Artist) in 1998. This is 38m 30s of a 90 min interview. Includes Larry Graham and Chaka Khan.

Bumping for @wendijane. Also, @Agonum, did you see this one?

GKuB4nSXIAAIzHm

Back