Prince Appreciation Thread - For Fans

[video=youtube;febeHW4EO4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=febeHW4EO4o[/video]

I LOVE Prince so so much! I remember that when I barely became an MJ Fan (back in 2002) I used to be an anti-Prince person...I would be like "ew...why does he wear high heeled boots?" but somewhere between 2007 to 2008 something changed and I became a Prince fan. I remember buying the 3-CD set of LotusFlow3r and that was my introduction of Prince album releases and man it's been something!

When MJ died I leaned on Prince so much...I would follow him online to every concert he would be at on a Prince message board and look at pictures that the members would put of every concert...I got every album and saw every performance so when Prince died it hit me hard. I think harder than MJs death as MJ wasn't releasing albums nor doing concerts (sure he had the TII concerts coming up but he wasn't doing them just yet).

I'm so glad that the Prince estate is releasing a lot of Prince things yearly...can't wait for the "Welcome 2 America" album that is going to be coming out in a few days.

The local news of Minneapolis (WCCO) recently found some April 1970 footage of Prince at 11 years old.

When I was a kid I was at one point at that crossroad. Will I be a prince or an MJ fan? It turned out to be MJ. I had one prince poster in my room soon to be replaced with dozens MJ ones. It coincided early in the 90s when Prince got out of the picture so there wasn’t really much competition anymore.
I tried to get into some of his post 1995 music but I couldn’t. By now his discography is so vast that I just get dizzy thinking about exploring it.
Favorite album: 1999
Favorite song: Alphabet street

What happened to prince.org - is the forum down? Can't access the it anymore.

I'm sure this has already been posted but I only just found this a couple of days ago. My mind is still in a whirl. His guitar work here and on the live version of Creep - omg! Beyond awesome.

Last edited:
iu

I'd forgotten how much I love this particular 'Prince' look. Also, he's being very cute! 🥰

Ain't About 2 Stop

Only heard this one for the first time yesterday and I've already got it on heavy rotation.

Last edited:
I love Prince but what's up with that autotune lol?
Oh, is *that* what it is? I wasn't sure. I quite like it. Just sounds like a studio effect to me, like he's playing around. Maybe I don't mind it bc I'm not mad keen on Prince's vocals to begin with. In fact, the vocals are not even my fave part of this song, tbh. It's just the song itself I love. The vocals do work for me, though. They sound a bit alien, bit distorted.

Maybe he was just messing with y'all. :D

@Agonum, here it is.

Prince ft. Chaka Khan / Sweet Thing - live in London, 1998

5m 58s
Sweet Thing – one of my favourites by Rufus & CK! I thought you said you weren’t big on Rufus? 🤤

Thanks for the video!!

Edit: That was really cool to see, I very much enjoyed that. Outstanding performers, both Prince and Chaka. *chef’s kiss*

Sweet Thing – one of my favourites by Rufus & CK! I thought you said you weren’t big on Rufus? 🤤

Thanks for the video!!
oh, just in general. Back in the day they just left me feeling ... meh. I didn't even know this was one of their songs so that's quite funny.

I was having a Prince moment - I don't have very many, I'm not that fussed on him although I've posted quite a few bits and bobs over here - but found this and loved it but didn't look into the history of the song or anything. Just appreciated a great performance. Loved seeing Prince's enjoyment of having Chaka guesting with him. He looks so stoked. Bit like that performance he did with Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne and the rest. I posted that one, as well. I love his performance but also the look on his face!

Last edited:
@PurpleThriller

Don't suppose you've got a link for 'Solo'? Have tried to get it online but it's not coming up. I can find info about the song and the lyrics but no links for the track itself. If it's only available via streaming I'll have to pass. But I thought it was worth asking. No probs if you don't have it.

Back