Prince giving interview to UK tabloids on 5th anniversary?.....

Family friends say she has recovered well in recent months, but Terry Harvey placed the blame for her trauma on Jackson's physician Conrad Murray, who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in November 2011 but spent just two years in prison.
He said 'Conrad Murray has a lot to answer for. He has wrecked so many lives and yet the family and I agree he has shown no remorse, only self-pity.

lol.

Then why did the jack$ons not seek restitution?

He said 'He needed rehab , not London shows, and a year getting healthier and off those crazy drugs. His father Joe and I were telling people that Michael needed to go to rehab and not on tour. We were trying to save Michael Jackson.[/email]

Really? Then why were they (the whole damn clan. Just ask Jermoney) pressurizing MJ to do the stupid jack$ons 5 shows?

This dude is just one of the long list of leaches MJ was running away from. MJ cut off contact with them ages ago for a good reason.

I guess it's popular to blame MJ in the tabloids as always.

Express UK...same story...nearly the same headline - let'start the copy/paste ;D

'He was the best father anybody could have' Prince Jackson opens up about dad Michael
prine-484095.jpg

172819.jpg

172821.jpg

Beautiful pictures.

Express UK...same story...nearly the same headline - let'start the copy/paste ;D

'He was the best father anybody could have' Prince Jackson opens up about dad Michael
prine-484095.jpg

172819.jpg

172821.jpg

Look at the pure look of joy on Paris' face in the second picture. The happiness just radiates from her.
I hope one day she will be able to find some sort of happiness in her life.

myosotis;4022774 said:
Terry Harvey did an interview with News of the World in July 09...There's an mjjc link here, but of course the video, like the NOTW has gone now.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/70351-Family-friend-Terry-Harvey-talks-about-MJ-(video)

He also gave an interview to The Mirror (Another UK tabloid) in July 13:

Harvey and partners AllGood Entertainment offered Jackson a Dallas 2009 comeback show, on the provision he went to rehab. But the singer chose AEG’s gigs in London.

It prompted a lawsuit with AllGood which they lost in 2010. But today Harvey claims AllGood plan to refile their £200million lawsuit against AEG for stealing the Thriller star from their grasp.

Harvey claims he spoke to Jackson in his last few weeks over the deal with AllGood.

He said: “It was part of the contract for Michael to get clean. His mother Katherine and father Joe knew that, and we made it clear to everyone close to him.

“For months we told Michael’s lawyer at the time Dennis Hawk, his managers Frank DiLeo and Dr Tohme Tohme he needed rehab.

“I told Frank, ‘He needs to get clean first’, but he didn’t want to know. It was an open secret in close circles that Michael had addiction issues.”

Harvey claims Jackson had agreed to do a one-off return gig in Dallas but was lured away by AEG execs.

Harvey, 53, who lives in Oklahoma, said: “Michael’s comeback was tailor-made for one show. He didn’t need to slug it out for 50 nights. The This Is It sales figures prove our formula – they made $200million from a rehearsal, so we would have made more – and Michael would have taken the lion’s share.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/michael-jackson-could-not-sing-1886104#ixzz35MT9p1yQ

Do these people remember what they write? Michael had addiction problems and he wanted him to get clean rather than do the AEG show, yet he was trying to get Michael to do a show he was connected with.

Michael came back from Ireland healthy, yet according to these people he was so much of an addict before he began working with AEG that he needed to be cleaned. Who gave him the drugs in Ireland that an addict needs?
It seems to me from listening to the trial that Michael came back from Ireland happy and healthy. He began the demerol visiting Klien to work on his face; he took the pills with Muarry to sleep, and all this happened as a result of the AEG deal, so before the AEG deal was made, when did this Terry tell Michael he needed to go to reharb? There was no visiting Klien and no Muarry before the deal.
--

Does Prince know he is in an interview? Did he answer direct questions an interviewer posed to him? Did he know it was from a tabloid? Who is his manager? Is this Terry person connected to the Jackson family or to Michael? How will the kids lean the truth about Michael's situation when they have all these people--family, family friends pushing these stories about their dad?

Do these people remember what they write? Michael had addiction problems and he wanted him to get clean rather than do the AEG show, yet he was trying to get Michael to do a show he was connected with.

--

Does Prince know he is in an interview? Did he answer direct questions an interviewer posed to him? Did he know it was from a tabloid? Who is his manager? Is this Terry person connected to the Jackson family or to Michael? How will the kids lean the truth about Michael's situation when they have all these people--family, family friends pushing these stories about their dad?

I guess that if this conversation took place entirely at the True Blood afterparty, then the interviewer would have been wearing a press accreditation badge, and must have introduced themselves as press. Prince should have been advised to be anticipating discussions about 'True Blood', and I guess the parts of the conversation around his own directorial ambition fit into that scenario. However, the Sun has taken the liberty of turning Prince's comments into a '5th anniversary message'...and then of course added on the usual tabloid spin....which of course now has Prince's happy smiling face above the entire text.

I'm sure Prince will soon see how he is used....I hope so, anyway.

I'm sorry but I find this totally disgusting. Michael hated the tabloids and in England The Sun is one of the worst. Prince is being exploited even if he doesn't realise it yet. IMO this is not something Michael would have approved of. I hope that,out of respect for Michael, his children will be bought up as Michael wished and given more privacy rather than being pimped out as "(J)acko$ kid$" and I apologise now to anyone who feels I'm over reacting but I do worry for their future.

That's the headline: Michael was the best dad in the world - - Says Prince Michael Jackson

Exclusive
By JAMES DESBOROUGH
Published: 10 hrs ago
MICHAEL Jackson's teenage son Prince says his dad was the best in the world in a heartbreaking interview.

James Desborough is the same guy who wrote that slanderous fake FBI files story a year ago...

<header class="clearfix" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 13px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">(This article is just made up of soundbites from the True Blood Red Carpet event.):photo:

'He was the best father anybody could have'
:yes:

Prince Jackson Opens Up About Dad Michael

IT'S been five years since Michael Jackson passed away, but his son Prince has admitted that it's still tough for the famous family.

By: Kirsty McCormack
<time pubdate="" datetime="2014-06-22T00:01:00Z" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; float: left; clear: left; color: rgb(181, 161, 158); -webkit-transform: none !important;">Published: Sun, June 22, 2014</time>

</header><section class="photo" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">
prine-484095.jpg
Prince Jackson at the LA premiere of 'True Blood' earlier this week[WENN]
</section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">The 17-year-old, who has entered the limelight since his father's death, revealed it was still "tough" coping with the loss and told how the last thing he and Michael had planned was a trip to London.
Speaking to The Sun on Sunday, Prince said: "My dad always said he loved London.
"He really wanted to go there and show what he could do. He was looking forward to showing us around."
The King of Pop was scheduled to play several dates at London's O2 Arena, but sadly he died of a cardiac arrest on June 25, 2009 - three weeks before the tour was due to begin.
</section><section class="photo" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">
172819.jpg
Prince says Michael was the 'best father anybody could have' [SPLASH]
</section><section class="pull-quote on-left" style="margin: 0px 25px 15px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; z-index: 1; clear: both; float: left; -webkit-transform: none !important;">
He was the best father anybody could have. He raised us the right way and there is nothing anyone can do to make us forget about him
Prince Jackson
</section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">"It&#8217;s tough. This will be the fifth anniversary of his death. Yeah... yeah," Prince added.
"He was the best father anybody could have. He raised us the right way and there is nothing anyone can do to make us forget about him.
"He was always concerned about humanity. He helped many charities. In his songs his message was simple &#8212; love. We will continue to spread his message."
Prince's life nowadays is worlds away from how he lived when his father was alive - especially as the superstar used to hide Prince's face behind a mask, along with his other two children Paris and Prince Michael "Blanket" Jackson II.
The teenager has not only found work as a TV presenter but he's also acted in US TV show '90210' and attends several celebrity events.
</section><section class="photo" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">
172821.jpg
Prince and Paris, pictured here as children, are still coping with their grief five years on [SPLASH]
</section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">Speaking at the after party of the US premiere of 'True Blood' in Los Angeles this week, he said: "I don&#8217;t expect to walk into roles because of who I am. I want to learn my craft.
"My plan is to work for TV companies, doing what I did for Entertainment Tonight," he added.
"I had such great fun working for that show and doing interviews. I learned a lot. The feedback I got was really great, too. I want to get more experience."
The youngster hopes to direct films one day, but is keen to do more acting before taking on that role.
172822.jpg
Prince has been doing some presenting work and has acted in US TV show 90210 [WENN]
</section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">"We all love movies and I would like to be a director one day. But to be a good director you have to know how an actor works and feels on set," he explained.
"I want to learn my craft and experience being in TV shows and possibly movies before I even consider going behind the camera.
"It is not a job to be taken lightly. You need to put your time in to learning something properly before overseeing others."
Meanwhile, his 16-year-old Paris isn't looking for a job in the industry and is currently recovering following a suicide attempt.

</section>
<section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">(Aside: I don't know why this Terry Harvey was asked to comment? :scratch: )</section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;"></section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;"></section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">Close family friend Terry Harvey &#8212; who worked alongside the Jacksons for many years &#8212; revealed to the newspaper that the family&#8217;s trauma is still very raw.
172823.jpg
It's unsure what Michael would make of his children now being in the limelight [SPLASH]
</section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">"Paris was her daddy&#8217;s princess," he said. "They had a special relationship which was torn apart. She saw her father&#8217;s dead body &#8212; it still gives her nightmares.
"That is the type of trauma a young girl never recovers from. It is five years ago but to most of the family it still feels like it happened yesterday."
Paris - who tried to take her own life last summer - has been attending a private boarding school in Utah after being admitted to hospital.
According to family friends, she has recovered well in recent months, but Terry says Michael's physician, Conrad Murray, is to blame.
Conrad was convicted of involuntary man-slaughter in November 2011, but spent just two years in prison.
172825.jpg
Paris, Prince and Blanket Jackson with their auntie La Toya [WENN]
</section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">"Conrad Murray has a lot to answer for," Terry stated. "He has wrecked so many lives and yet the family and I agree he has shown no remorse, only self-pity. That family has been through hell because of that man.
"He even tried to get Prince and Paris to testify for him in the criminal trial, thinking they supported him. What monster would do that?"
Terry added that he had tried to encourage Michael to go to rehab before his London shows.
"He needed rehab, not London shows, and a year getting healthier and off those crazy drugs," he said.
"His father Joe and I were telling people that Michael needed to go to rehab and not on tour. We were trying to save Michael Jackson."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/484095/Prince-Jackson-says-dad-Michael-was-the-best-father

"Michael Jackson&#8217;s son Prince Wants to Follow in Father&#8217;s Stardom, Build Career in Show Business"

In a rare interview before the five-year anniversary of the King of Pop&#8217;s death, Prince Jackson told the Daily News he hopes to become a director one day. To reach that goal, Prince wants to experience being in TV shows and possibly movies.

BY JAMES DESBOROUGH /NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Sunday, June 22, 2014, 10:00 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-build-career-show-business-article-1.1839149

</section>

Last edited:
Oh no, how stupid of me. I said something slightly negative about Michael on MJJC, now I am the devil. Calm down and grow up people. I am aloud my own POV here to you know! I know all the reason behind Michaels problems with the name, does that mean I have to agree with him? NO. Its not like Michael wasn;t over sensitive, we all know he was. We also know that sometimes, he overreacted to things, sometimes blowing them totally out of proportion. Now, just to be clear, I never call Michael by that name, and the fact that he didn't like is more than enough of a reason to not call him by it. Its about respect at the end of the day. My point is that Michael did get over upset about little things most people would have just ignored. My friend is black and I have never heard anyone say anything about J***o being a racist term. Don't think it is that way in the UK. Also, his name is Robert, yet we call him Bobby, a slang term for police over hear, which he hates, and that still does not bother him.

No one is pathetic but you

Because you clearly know so much about me..... Oh wait, no you don't.

Oh no, how stupid of me. I said something slightly negative about Michael on MJJC, now I am the devil. Calm down and grow up people. I am aloud my own POV here to you know! I know all the reason behind Michaels problems with the name, does that mean I have to agree with him? NO. Its not like Michael wasn;t over sensitive, we all know he was. We also know that sometimes, he overreacted to things, sometimes blowing them totally out of proportion. Now, just to be clear, I never call Michael by that name, and the fact that he didn't like is more than enough of a reason to not call him by it. Its about respect at the end of the day. My point is that Michael did get over upset about little things most people would have just ignored. My friend is black and I have never heard anyone say anything about J***o being a racist term. Don't think it is that way in the UK. Also, his name is Robert, yet we call him Bobby, a slang term for police over hear, which he hates, and that still does not bother him.

Because you clearly know so much about me..... Oh wait, no you don't.

Well TBH I don't think he was over sensitive.... His tabloid press coverage for more than 20 years was unjustifiably horrific, and I thought he was entirely justified to ask to be at least accorded the same respect as anyone else in the public eye, including to be called by his given name. He was called more than enough 'other' names for any human being to have to cope with.

Last edited:
Bottom line americans think the term j.... is racist. when its used in america maybe it is a racist term i dont know i dont live there but the word is not a racist word and is not used against black ppl in the uk and countries such as Oz. it is a nickname given to ppl with a surname that ends in son whether that be gibson jackson etc etc. nothing more nothing less. of course the word upset mj because of the W word that was used infront of it. But the J word in itself is not used as an insult. of course mj wasnt to know this as its a european oz thing. but the other bottom line is he didnt like it so of course ppl like us dont use it because to me theres the the conitations with the W word nothing else. just cause the J word is percieved in a certain way in the usa doesnt mean it is in other countries.

anyway im just glad he didnt sit down with the filth

Last edited:
CherubimII;4022889 said:
<header class="clearfix" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 13px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">(This article is just made up of soundbites from the True Blood Red Carpet event.):photo:

'He was the best father anybody could have'
:yes:

Prince Jackson Opens Up About Dad Michael

IT'S been five years since Michael Jackson passed away, but his son Prince has admitted that it's still tough for the famous family.

By: Kirsty McCormack
<time pubdate="" datetime="2014-06-22T00:01:00Z" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; float: left; clear: left; color: rgb(181, 161, 158); -webkit-transform: none !important;">Published: Sun, June 22, 2014</time>

</header><section class="photo" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">
prine-484095.jpg
Prince Jackson at the LA premiere of 'True Blood' earlier this week[WENN]
</section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">The 17-year-old, who has entered the limelight since his father's death, revealed it was still "tough" coping with the loss and told how the last thing he and Michael had planned was a trip to London.
Speaking to The Sun on Sunday, Prince said: "My dad always said he loved London.
"He really wanted to go there and show what he could do. He was looking forward to showing us around."
The King of Pop was scheduled to play several dates at London's O2 Arena, but sadly he died of a cardiac arrest on June 25, 2009 - three weeks before the tour was due to begin.
172819.jpg
Prince says Michael was the 'best father anybody could have' [SPLASH]
</section><section class="pull-quote on-left" style="margin: 0px 25px 15px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; z-index: 1; clear: both; float: left; -webkit-transform: none !important;">
He was the best father anybody could have. He raised us the right way and there is nothing anyone can do to make us forget about him
Prince Jackson
</section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">"It&#8217;s tough. This will be the fifth anniversary of his death. Yeah... yeah," Prince added.
"He was the best father anybody could have. He raised us the right way and there is nothing anyone can do to make us forget about him.
"He was always concerned about humanity. He helped many charities. In his songs his message was simple &#8212; love. We will continue to spread his message."
Prince's life nowadays is worlds away from how he lived when his father was alive - especially as the superstar used to hide Prince's face behind a mask, along with his other two children Paris and Prince Michael "Blanket" Jackson II.
The teenager has not only found work as a TV presenter but he's also acted in US TV show '90210' and attends several celebrity events.
172821.jpg
Prince and Paris, pictured here as children, are still coping with their grief five years on [SPLASH]
</section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">Speaking at the after party of the US premiere of 'True Blood' in Los Angeles this week, he said: "I don&#8217;t expect to walk into roles because of who I am. I want to learn my craft.
"My plan is to work for TV companies, doing what I did for Entertainment Tonight," he added.
"I had such great fun working for that show and doing interviews. I learned a lot. The feedback I got was really great, too. I want to get more experience."
The youngster hopes to direct films one day, but is keen to do more acting before taking on that role.
172822.jpg
Prince has been doing some presenting work and has acted in US TV show 90210 [WENN]
</section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">"We all love movies and I would like to be a director one day. But to be a good director you have to know how an actor works and feels on set," he explained.
"I want to learn my craft and experience being in TV shows and possibly movies before I even consider going behind the camera.
"It is not a job to be taken lightly. You need to put your time in to learning something properly before overseeing others."
Meanwhile, his 16-year-old Paris isn't looking for a job in the industry and is currently recovering following a suicide attempt.

</section>
<section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">(Aside: I don't know why this Terry Harvey was asked to comment? :scratch: )</section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;"></section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;"></section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">Close family friend Terry Harvey &#8212; who worked alongside the Jacksons for many years &#8212; revealed to the newspaper that the family&#8217;s trauma is still very raw.
172823.jpg
It's unsure what Michael would make of his children now being in the limelight [SPLASH]
</section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">"Paris was her daddy&#8217;s princess," he said. "They had a special relationship which was torn apart. She saw her father&#8217;s dead body &#8212; it still gives her nightmares.
"That is the type of trauma a young girl never recovers from. It is five years ago but to most of the family it still feels like it happened yesterday."
Paris - who tried to take her own life last summer - has been attending a private boarding school in Utah after being admitted to hospital.
According to family friends, she has recovered well in recent months, but Terry says Michael's physician, Conrad Murray, is to blame.
Conrad was convicted of involuntary man-slaughter in November 2011, but spent just two years in prison.
172825.jpg
Paris, Prince and Blanket Jackson with their auntie La Toya [WENN]
</section><section class="text-description" style="margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; -webkit-transform: none !important;">"Conrad Murray has a lot to answer for," Terry stated. "He has wrecked so many lives and yet the family and I agree he has shown no remorse, only self-pity. That family has been through hell because of that man.
"He even tried to get Prince and Paris to testify for him in the criminal trial, thinking they supported him. What monster would do that?"
Terry added that he had tried to encourage Michael to go to rehab before his London shows.
"He needed rehab, not London shows, and a year getting healthier and off those crazy drugs," he said.
"His father Joe and I were telling people that Michael needed to go to rehab and not on tour. We were trying to save Michael Jackson."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/484095/Prince-Jackson-says-dad-Michael-was-the-best-father

"Michael Jackson&#8217;s son Prince Wants to Follow in Father&#8217;s Stardom, Build Career in Show Business"

In a rare interview before the five-year anniversary of the King of Pop&#8217;s death, Prince Jackson told the Daily News he hopes to become a director one day. To reach that goal, Prince wants to experience being in TV shows and possibly movies.

BY JAMES DESBOROUGH /NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Sunday, June 22, 2014, 10:00 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-build-career-show-business-article-1.1839149

</section>

The only thing missing in these pictures is Michael's beautiful smile. I don't think I've ever seen any photoshoot pictures of him with his kids where he's smiling?

Last edited:
Your right...he did take fatherhood very seriously! But maybe it also depends on the photographer. Here's one from a series that seems very relaxed:

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/msvc2bp][/URL]

Thank you. I forgot about this shoot. I was thinking of the shoots for You Rock My World and the shoot at Neverland with Paris and Prince in 2003 and the shoot posted above. I can't remember him smiling in any of the pictures from the shoots I mentioned but it's nice to see him smiling in this picture :)

No one called you evil dude, we just called you out for your ignorance.

I said 19th century, we are 2 centuries ahead already. But Michael knew and he hated it: "You should not say he's an animal, you should not say he's a j..... I'm not a j.... I'm Jackson!"

Last edited:
Abstract from the Joe Vogel's article 'How Michael Jackson made Bad'.

Beginning in 1985, the media became increasingly vicious toward the artist. "They desire our blood, not our pain," Jackson wrote in a note in 1987. Tabloids soon began disparaging him with the nickname "W... J..." (a term Jackson despised). It was a term first applied to the pop star by the British tabloid, The Sun, in 1985, but its etymology goes back further. "J... Macacco" was the name of a famous monkey used in monkey-baiting matches at the Westminster Pit in London in the early 1820s. Subsequently, the term "Jacco" or "Jacco Macacco" was Cockney slang to refer to monkeys in general. The term persisted into the 20th century as " J... Monkeys" became popular children's toys in Great Britain in the 1950s. They remained common in British households into the 1980s (and can still be found on Ebay today).

http://theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/09/how-michael-jackson-made-bad/262162/

78i31etmotb0w6.jpg

Guys I was on the bus and I saw this man with our Daily News tabloid and he was reading an article with the heading like Prince: I'd be King. I couldn't see it too clearly. Did anyone notice the heading more clearly.

I see people always defend that J word used for Michael and claim it is nonracist in England and Australia. The thing is FOR Michael it was not used as an endearment. I remember going to London in 85 right after the UK press gave him that name, and some of my UK friends were laughing and saying guess what they call him over here. W---- J----, and they burst out laughing. In no way did they see it as some normal UK name, otherwise what is the laughter all about. If everyone calls Margaret the name Ann for short, what is there to laugh at and say look we call Margaret Ann--ha ha. Therefore, to me it is not used as some normal pet name in His Case. It was a deliberate attempt to crush him as a person. So maybe for all the other Jacksons the word ***** is ok but for Michael the word had a sinister meaning especially since it is always accompanied by the W word. It seems to me at times only those who have been the target of some type of oppression, harassment or those who understand how words are used historically to separate and exclude individuals and populations can fully understands that the name is not as harmless as it looks, that is, in Michael's case.

Last edited:
Over sensitive? Hardly. All you have to do is google it and see the headlines that pop up. Doesn't matter they've dropped the W**** they still deny him his dignity by not using his full last name. I think he knew exactly what they were referring to when they called him that. Why shouldn't he be offended?

Last edited:
It's called respect if you do not call ppl what they don't wanna be called. You just r e s p e c t their wishes, not complicate if you ask me. *shrugs*
The reasons why don't even really matter.
It's respect missing here.

I so don't like to see the kids printed in tabloids.
They are underaged and to me it's simply disrespecting Michael Jacksons very obvious wishes for his children.
It doesn't matter to me if they want or not and who's might behind it blah.
They are children and they would deserve so much to be protected and even more guided so much better than this... well life is not fair sometimes.

In my opinion there is time enough for all the lime light, interviews in this world and all the red carpet events and bla when they'll have finished their education and will have found their personal ways.

James Desborough is the same guy who wrote that slanderous fake FBI files story a year ago...

Someone with twitter should tweet to Prince to check before hand to whom he gives an interview, and give a link to Desborough's previous article about his dad.

It really pains me that Prince rarely says anything to media, but when he does, he gives an interview to someone like Desborough :no:

I have to wonder whether the rumours of Latoya's company being his agent, and if its true, they should have checked to interviewer for him.

It's called respect if you do not call ppl what they don't wanna be called. You just r e s p e c t their wishes, not complicate if you ask me. *shrugs*
The reasons why don't even really matter.
It's respect missing here.

I so don't like to see the kids printed in tabloids.
They are underaged and to me it's simply disrespecting Michael Jacksons very obvious wishes for his children.
It doesn't matter to me if they want or not and who's might behind it blah.
They are children and they would deserve so much to be protected and even more guided so much better than this... well life is not fair sometimes.

In my opinion there is time enough for all the lime light, interviews in this world and all the red carpet events and bla when they'll have finished their education and will have found their personal ways.

I agree with the bolded, Michael said he didn't like it, personally I think he should have taken it a step further with letters to the outlets who used it as I doubt they paid too much attention to a few sentences in an interview.

I had heard people say this was a racist term but never understood why until reading this thread, so thank you. I have to agree that it wasn't intended as a racist slur as it's common practice here (UK) to give sports stars and celebrities nicknames, usually shortened versions of their names. But as already stated Michael was offended by it, whilst I wish he had expanded on his reasons it shouldn't make any difference, if he didn't like it then it shouldn't have been used. The W word is a different thing altogether.... that's just nasty.

Someone with twitter should tweet to Prince to check before hand to whom he gives an interview, and give a link to Desborough's previous article about his dad.

It really pains me that Prince rarely says anything to media, but when he does, he gives an interview to someone like Desborough :no:

I have to wonder whether the rumours of Latoya's company being his agent, and if its true, they should have checked to interviewer for him.

I agree. I still don't know if Prince gave an interview, or if someone heard him talking and just copied what he said & placed it in an interview format. Anyway, by now he should have seen his "interview" in the paper or his friends would have told him about it.

Basically I think Prince is old enough to decide what type of media he should go to and that he should investigate any media before he hooks up with them. I hope that his agent requests to see the final editing of interviews to make sure that no crazy names are used or to maintain the integrity of what Prince said.

Isnt it sounbites from questions he was asked at the premiere and the rest is cut and paste from the grammies etc etc. so no real interview

Prince will learn as he get's more media savvy and gains more experience in the entertainment industry. At this point Prince is still brand new and has a lot to learn about people, family and the business. His father's not here to guide him and his family will guide him in the wrong directions but Prince is smart. He will learn his way around. Just give him time.

Why is the "J word" (so lame) such a big deal. It not offensive in ANY WAY what so ever. I think Michael was just being over sensitive and a bit pathetic when I comes to that name. I have had a friend named Bobby Jackson for years, and before I knew him he was (J)acko and still is now. He take NO OFFENCE to it at all. Now I get the (w)acko) part being upsetting, definitely. But shortening someone's first or surname has been probably the most common way of nicknaming people since nicknames first started.
IT IS OFFENSIVE. And MJ did not like it. If a person does NOT like being called a word, that should be respected. My question is that; why is it so important to call him that name when he did NOT like and his name is Michael Jackson? That means people have a MOTIVE to call him that name. I did not like onenickname I was called growing up and one girl tried to keep calling me that name because she knew I did not like it even though everyone else stop calling me the name when they learned that I did not like it. What was her motive to continue to call me that nickname when she clearling KNEW that I did not like it? Again, people do things out of MOTIVE and to be hateful. What is ok in your eye may not be ok in the eye of someone else and that should be RESPECTED when that person say I DO NOT LIKE IT. What is so hard about just saying MICHAEL JACKSON? Nothing but some people want to be stupid and pick on people.

Over sensitive? Hardly. All you have to do is google it and see the headlines that pop up. Doesn't matter they've dropped the W**** they still deny him his dignity by not using his full last name. I think he knew exactly what they were referring to when they called him that. Why shouldn't he be offended?
Exactly. And that is where the belief that the word was a "racist". Black publications NEVER called MJ that name but manynon-blacks publications did YET these non black publcations did NOT call whites even if those whites were viewed in a certain way out of their name. Why when a black person is extremely famous people want to call him/her name but not a white person. Did Madonna get called out of her name to imply she is crazy regardless to her antics? No.

I don't know if this is what you meant but we call Madonna 'Madge' - don't know why. I agree with you with your sentiment that Michael was offended so therefore it should not be used, however I must point out that many celebs and sports stars are given nicknames regardless of colour.

^^I'm aware UK media shortens famous people's names like Di, Fergie, Posh, Becks, etc but that's not denigrating, unless they don't like it and knowing that word came from 19th century slang to refer to monkeys, the existence of that monkey toy, it's a clear insult to Michael's ethnicity. Plus the W word makes it even nastier, to sum it up filthy tabloids call him "insane monkey" lowering him into a deviant animal. Which I honestly haven't seen in any other celebrity or royal in the UK.

Back