(Prince) Michael Joseph Jackson Jnr. Discussion/Picture Thread

Michael Jackson was the "greatest" music star of all time, his son has said.
AA13tmgO.img

Speaking to Good Morning Britain on Friday, 28 October, Prince Jackson, 25, discussed his father's legacy 40 years on from the release of Thriller.

"Even now, I’m understanding the full weight of his legacy – as I grow up, as I learn more about his history," Prince said.
"I also just like to take a moment, to sit back and go ‘my dad really was the greatest.' He is the greatest. And that’s worth celebrating," he added.

Thanks so much for posting this. Lovely interview. I don't really have much interest in Michael's kids but, that said, I do kinda adore Prince. He's so cheerful and twinkly and smiley, so eloquent and articulate, so incredibly interesting to listen to, seems so grounded and sensible, he's very open and yet seems to guard his boundaries really well.

Paris is cool and badass. Prince is cool in a different way. He's a wise head on young shoulders. It's like he's channelling Michael.

Vanessa Hudgens attends the Annual THRILLER NIGHT Halloween Party, hosted by Prince Michael Jackson, at Jackson Family Home on October 28, 2022 in Encino, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

vanessa-hudgens-attends-the-annual-thriller-night-halloween-party-by-picture-id1437416602

vanessa-hudgens-attends-the-annual-thriller-night-halloween-party-by-picture-id1437416603

ENCINO, CALIFORNIA - OCTOBER 28: Dwight Howard (2nd from L) and guests attend the Annual THRILLER NIGHT Halloween Party, hosted by Prince Michael Jackson, at Jackson Family Home on October 28, 2022 in Encino, California

dwight-howard-and-guests-attend-the-annual-thriller-night-halloween-picture-id1437421634

ENCINO, CALIFORNIA - OCTOBER 28: (L-R) Drew Dolan and Haley Reinhart attend the Annual THRILLER NIGHT Halloween Party, hosted by Prince Michael Jackson, at Jackson Family Home on October 28, 2022 in Encino, California.

drew-dolan-and-haley-reinhart-attend-the-annual-thriller-night-party-picture-id1437411218

Last edited:
Bonnie-Jill Laflin attends the Annual THRILLER NIGHT Halloween Party,

bonniejill-laflin-attends-the-annual-thriller-night-halloween-party-picture-id1437412378

FgQOO1vVIAAckEr.png

Prince Jackson Says 'So Much' of Father Michael Remains 'in His Music': 'I Think About Him Every Day'​

"It's a big legacy to uphold, you know? And it would be great if I knew how he would like it to be upheld," Prince Jackson told PEOPLE of father Michael Jackson's legacy during a celebration for Thriller's 40th anniversary

Prince Michael Jackson is remembering Michael Jackson's legacy.

During the Thriller Night Halloween Party event to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the iconic album and single on Friday evening, the 25-year-old son of the late King of Pop opened up to PEOPLE about how much he misses the presence of his dad in his life after losing him over a decade ago.

"I think about him every day," Prince told PEOPLE. "There are a lot of complexities in life that I feel parents teach their children [about], so without that, there's some confusion there. And also, it's a big legacy to uphold, you know? It would be great if I knew how he would like it to be upheld. So, in that way, I think about him every day."

Noting that he regularly listens to his dad's music, Prince — the oldest of Michael's three kids — added, "So much of his personality, so much of him, is in his music. And what I miss probably the most about him, I was talking to somebody about it, are his hands. He had really strong, really big hands. Firm, but they were gentle. It's tough to explain."
The Jackson family has been hosting the Halloween event annually with an aim to raise funds for their charities — the Heal Los Angeles Foundation and the DeeDee Jackson Foundation.

"We have different focuses in our missions, but we're essentially here to heal the community in whatever way that we can," Prince told PEOPLE of the non-profits.
The night also saw some notable guests in attendance, including other Jackson family members Paris Jackson and Bigi Jackson, as well as family friend Chris Tucker.

Later in the party, Tucker, 51, and Steve Harvey were honored with the inaugural "Man in The Mirror" Award, which celebrates influential individuals using their platforms for good. (Harvey, 65, was not able to attend due to a scheduling conflict, but sent a video to thank the Jackson family for the recognition.)

This year's event was also particularly special given that the Jackson family and fans are celebrating 40 years since the release of Michael's best-selling album of all time Thriller, and the single of the same name.

"It is such an honor," Prince explained of paying tribute to his dad's music. "Like, you could feel the electricity in the air. I wasn't born when Thriller came out, I remember the 25th anniversary, so for me to be here on this platform, able to celebrate my father and his achievements, there's nothing like it. There's really nothing like it."
Reminiscing about some of his favorite memories of the single and its famous music video, Prince shared, "The first time that I watched it, my dad told me it was real, and then he started to transform. So that was very traumatic, but afterward — when I was able to watch it and not be scared — he would walk me through it, and I got to see the making of 'Thriller' from his perspective, you know? And that's just amazing."

To honor the 40th year of the iconic song, Prince told PEOPLE that he has set out a new goal he wants to accomplish.
"'Thriller,' the single, never made it to #1," he explained. "So our goal, we're trying to do the 'Thriller' challenge right now, which is between Oct. 28 and I believe Nov. 1st or 2nd."

He added: "We need to get 'Thriller' to No. 1 again, so my dad can break his own record of an artist having a No. 1 single in multiple decades, or something like that. So that would be a fantastic achievement."

Prince Jackson Says Stevie Wonder FaceTimed Him on Dad Michael Jackson's Birthday: 'It Was Nuts'​

Sun, October 30, 2022

Prince Michael Jackson was in for a surprise during a celebration for his late dad Michael Jackson's 64th birthday.While speaking to PEOPLE at Friday's Thriller Night Halloween Party to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the iconic album and single, the King of Pop's son revealed he got a call from Stevie Wonder while marking his dad's special day in August.
Noting that he "had a fantastic birthday for my dad," the 25-year-old, whose birth name is Michael Joseph Jackson Jr., said that he and his family "went out to Vegas" for the occasion.
'"We have our one show out there, and we host a birthday celebration every year for him," Prince explained. "Went out there, got to hang out with a lot of people from the fan club communities. It's a really awesome weekend of just love and celebration."He continued, "And I don't know if I'm supposed to tell you this, but I'm gonna tell it to you because it was impressive to me. I got a FaceTime call from Stevie Wonder, who wanted to just talk about how great my dad was. And that was a really awesome, awesome experience. Yeah, oh my God. It was nuts. It was nuts."

Prince Jackson Says Stevie Wonder FaceTimed Him on Dad Michael Jackson's Birthday: 'It Was Nuts'​

Sun, October 30, 2022

'"We have our one show out there, and we host a birthday celebration every year for him," Prince explained. "Went out there, got to hang out with a lot of people from the fan club communities. It's a really awesome weekend of just love and celebration."He continued, "And I don't know if I'm supposed to tell you this, but I'm gonna tell it to you because it was impressive to me. I got a FaceTime call from Stevie Wonder, who wanted to just talk about how great my dad was. And that was a really awesome, awesome experience. Yeah, oh my God. It was nuts. It was nuts."
That is so lovely. Feeling quite emotional.

Michael Jackson is looking down from Heaven smiling at his son, Prince Jackson. 🤗

R.85d436bad57b49020749a90b781f9571

Back