Public and Radio Reaction to "This Is It"

Aw, you know what? I hope to God he isn't reading this board or this thread! Why are people so judgmental? Whatever happened to people being understanding of others? Isn't that what Michael taught? Embrace everyone, show love to everyone. He obviously loves Michael as much as the rest of us, and I personally don't give a shit about what the public think of MJ fans. They're wrong! Michael appealed to people who have been shut out and abandoned by the world and I for one am not ashamed of that. He was an ambassador for people who don't fit in. I embrace it, as EVERYBODY in this world is equal, no matter what the majority of people think. That's what is wrong with the world today in my opinion, and it makes me really sad.

To the guy who was on GMTV, if you are reading this, here's a big hug from me. :better:
Amen to that. Well-said. :)

The movie "This is it" ends with footage from his funeral so why would Sony release music MJ worked on with R Kelly, Ne-Yo and Will i am. Maybe the songs he worked with them didn't relate to the end of the movie and funeral footage.

Sony's plan is for everyone to be crying and balling in tears when they hear this song at the end of the movie and it will work.

Playing some new up tempo jam with footage from his funeral at the end of the movie would be horrible from Sony. I think you will get my point when you watch the end of the movie on October 28th. The song is perfect for the end of the movie.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: THANK YOU!!!! Finally!

EXACTLY What you said. The song Is EMOTIONAL AND IT Is out because of the THIS IS IT Movie. Michael Hadn't planned to put it in the concert...It is ONLY After his passing that this was Decided.

People, CHILL THE Freak OUT! OK? THIS IS NOT IN THE NEW ALBUM! As SOME PEOPLE Have said, THIS IS TO PROMOTE "THIS IS IT" MOVIE! IMO, This sound doesn't seem like it was from 3 decades ago. It seems like it belongs to this decade. Like Bebebemine said, This song would be an AMAZING ENDING for the movie. I GOT Emotional just litening to it the other day and even today. BUT EMAGEN, When we're wathcing the movie and this song plays...There's gonna be lots of Water works...

So Before saying "What the H*LL Is SONY doing?" Look at it from another side and JUST CHILL! k?

Thankyou

Love,
Romi

^wait, I thought the movie did NOT end with the footage of the funeral. someone who's watched it already posted here in one of those threads in the This Is It forum that it had no funeral or memorial footage.

so now I'm all confused again. great. lol.

I have heard all three versions of the song and the album cut seems to play the best, it is very clear compared to the one released. I am not sure why they did not release the clear, album cut? You can hear it nicely on here:

http://inthemoonlight.tumblr.com/post/211456185/onewhiteglove-this-is-it-album-version

wow, thanks! hehe. Sony can't quite delete that link now, can they? :p

Originally Posted by BabeBeMine
The movie "This is it" ends with footage from his funeral

NO, TERRIBLY WRONG

THERE ARE NO CLIPS OF THE FUNERAL INCLUDED IN THE MOVIE

AND YOU WILL NOT SEE ANY OF THE SCENES AFTER HIS DEATH

I CAN TELL YOU THAT SINCE I HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE.

THE SONG "THIS IS IT" WILL BE PLAYED AS CREDIT ROLLS WITH SOME DANCING AND SINGING SCENES ALREADY IN THE ENTIRE MOVIE!!

WHEN THE SONG "THIS IS IT" ENDS, YOU WILL HEAR "HEAL THE WORLD"

YOU WILL FEEL ONE IS VERY CLASSIC, THE OTHER IS NOT.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BabeBeMine
The movie "This is it" ends with footage from his funeral

NO, TERRIBLY WRONG

THERE ARE NO CLIPS OF THE FUNERAL INCLUDED IN THE MOVIE

AND YOU WILL NOT SEE ANY OF THE SCENES AFTER HIS DEATH

I CAN TELL YOU THAT SINCE I HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE.

THE SONG "THIS IS IT" WILL BE PLAYED AS CREDIT ROLLS WITH SOME DANCING AND SINGING SCENES ALREADY IN THE ENTIRE MOVIE!!

In a couple of days the first reviews will come out with details. So when can you give us more details of the movie. Do you have a specific date?? I guess right now you are not allowed to give more detail informations.

Last edited:
I love the song...Michael's voice rules...

and Michael did approve releasing a demo before as a single... it was called ...goodness... it was with Phillenganes... umm...forgot the title...???

anyways....This is It does for me what Whitney's debut song didn't..

from just one time of listening to the song.. I am humming the lyrics...can hear it in my head...

I think Sony didn't make a mistake in dropping the song, which is mediocre at best, as it will fit with the film, BUT, trying to pass it off as new material and one of the sole reasons to buy another compilation album is where they went tits up. If they had said, yeah its just fitting for the credits and what not, there would be no hype around the track and while people would have wanted some banging new material they wouldn't have been left disappointed because they weren't expecting anything sensational.

I have heard all three versions of the song and the album cut seems to play the best, it is very clear compared to the one released. I am not sure why they did not release the clear, album cut? You can hear it nicely on here:

http://inthemoonlight.tumblr.com/post/211456185/onewhiteglove-this-is-it-album-version

that's ironic. people prefer this album cut, yet they say the song is not complete when they hear the orchestral cut? the orchestral cut sounds more complete to me, than this album cut, instrumentally. the strings help it to build, more. the orch cut was the first i heard of the song, and i loved it. still do.

The overall reaction all around the world is great, more great than the fans one.

Huge appreciation for the song here in canada, in newspaper

The overall reaction all around the world is great, more great than the fans one.

Huge appreciation for the song here in canada, in newspaper

it's because in general, we fans have heard more of his kickass stuff. this sounds mediocre to many of us (except, of course and always, his voice). to most other people, this song's really, really good.

I've had a lot of interest generated in my office, on my facebook, and in other RL places IN THE MOVIE ever since this song came out.

so Sony did accomplish something there. I just wish it didn't accomplish it via Paul Anka calling Michael a thief. I called Branca's office today and left a message decrying their modus operandi.

A friend of mine hailed me on MSN messenger asking me if I have heard the song. He said 'isnt it fantastic?'

The song is better than at least one cut on all of his albums. Why that isn't good enough for many fans is beyond me. I love the song.

it's because in general, we fans have heard more of his kickass stuff. this sounds mediocre to many of us (except, of course and always, his voice). to most other people, this song's really, really good.

but that's kind of a vortex...if we stepped away from Michael, musically, we'd probably have the general public's reaction, as well....sort of like Invincible coming out, and then, realizing a few years later how great the album is, whereas, when it first came out, some may have felt disappointed.

in the great scheme of things, MJ's quality has remained the same. you can't get any better than his quality of songwriting. but when we're always too close to the action, something in our minds begets this..expectation....that warps our thinking. at least..i think that, in general.

i mean, some people are mixing up their feelings about the orchestral version and the album version. and they're saying that the orch is not complete. but they said the album version is great, even though it didn't have as much production as the orch version.

sometimes i think that thinking is what led to the many threads about lip syncing...scrutinizing the innards and outards of the songs, etc.

geez..who would want to perform after all that? lol

it's like..the more we get, the more we want, till, we don't realize anymore that we(might) already have what we think we want, and think we are lacking...

and i've heard that when a lot of people thought they got what they wanted -in a song- they couldn't stomach it..it wasn't what they thought..or cracked up to be.. or it was too much....

Last edited:
@ the end of the day its a good song,not great. but i do enjoy it. after the first few listens it comes together. his voice,the melody,the intro count. i just love it

Back