Questions about Invincible.

Mr.Moonwalker

Proud Member
Hey, i have a few questions about the Invincible album. I'm sure i probably asked, and had answered, most of these back when it came out, but if i did i can't remember, lol.
Any way, first off, Who is Fats and why is he even on 1, let alone 2 tracks on the album?
Secondly, whats with the different sounding vocals throughout? I mean, i know Mike had a very, VERY versatile voice, but on tracks like Heaven can wait, he sounds, well, weird. On 2000 watts slowed down yet on YRMW he sounds the same as always. Its just odd. And i have noticed recently (i only recently gained an appreciation for the album after being disappointed upon release) The there is quite a lot of subtle vocal processing on it, like mild auto-tune and the like. why would Michael stoop that low?
Finally, the track listing. Why leave so many great songs off in favour of dross like you are my life and lost children. It baffles me every time i hear gems like Blue Gangster and the re-made Cheater (minus the fats rap cos i hate that rapper with a passion)

1. A rapper from New Jersey - a protégé of Rodney Jerkins. Rodney's quote on Fats from here:

Michael said we need a rapper on a song, and he says he didn't want a known rapper, he wanted an unknown. So I said I got the perfect person. ... And he liked him so much he made him rap on another song.

2. The reason for sounding different - the electronic / urban R&B vibe I thought was the reason he changed his vocal sound throughout the album.

3. There's no autotune on it. That might be pure pitch correction but not Antares.

4. There's a re-made Cheater? Michael wanted a futuristic sound - and given the leaks from around that time don't really sound futuristic or even modern, that's why. (at least to me).

Where did you hear the re-made of Cheater? I though it's still to this day unreleased and I'm pretty sure we've never heard it. We know he re-worked on Cheater but we haven't yet got a chance to hear it.

lol, I'm sorry Mr.Moonwalker, but why you said he sounds weird in Heaven Can Wait? Just asking. Because I think he sounds amazing in that song.

lol, I'm sorry Mr.Moonwalker, but why you said he sounds weird in Heaven Can Wait? Just asking. Because I think he sounds amazing in that song.

I think he was talking about the backround vocals which are not fully his btw. He's not the only one who's singing in the backround vocals. And I do agree, they sound pretty weird. Especially those "ohhh whoooo"s. There's a girl who's also singing in the backround vocals and they sound... not so good.

Hye guys, thanx for ur replys, u rock! i don't have time to answer properly now, but next time i get on,ine i will. peace

Didn't someone confirm that michael's vocals were not pitch altered on 2000 watts?

I'm definitely interested in the reworked Cheater. One of my favorites!

If anyone gets a link to a re-worked Cheater please PM.

Some of the background vocals on Invincible is not sung by MJ. Like all his other albums, Michael too. But the main vocals are MJ.

Only a few fans have the Cheater remake, and i doubt they will be sharing it here, what with the new rules and all. Is that why KrA is banned? i liked that dude. Anyway, back to the subject. Fats sucks, lol, i dunno why they bothered with him when there were many better unknown rappers out there at the time. There is definitely something odd about the vocals on HCW and i'm not talking about the backing vocals. its like he is holding his nose or something (maybe surgery related?) and 2000 Watts is definitely pitch altered, if u don't believe me, get a program like adobe audition or cuebase and adjust it up slightly, u'll hear it;)

I just love the CD "Invincile". It is so underrated to say the least. You have to really enjoy Michael's voice to enjoy the cd. The 1st 3 songs of the cd are all related to one and could you listen closely to the song "Heartbreaker" towards the micddle he says the name "Karen" is said by Michael he says it 3 times once in a whisper. Anyone ever notice that? Enjoy!

Back