Radar Online: Greedy ‘Sharks’ Targeting Michael Jackson’s Oldest Son Prince Before He Turns 18

CherubimII

Proud Member
Greedy ‘Sharks’ Targeting Michael Jackson’s Oldest Son Prince Before He Turns 18
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/11/sharks-target-michael-jackson-son-prince/
Radar Online: Nov. 6, 2014

Money-hungry “sharks” are circling Michael Jackson‘s oldest son, Prince Jackson, in a “mad dash” to secure their position with him before his 18th birthday arrives, a source close to the family tells RadarOnline.com exclusively.

Grandmother Katherine Jackson, 84, and 36-year-old cousin T. J. Jackson‘s court-ordered guardianship will end in February when Prince legally becomes an adult, making the teen a prime target for ruthless Hollywood players — and other wannabes — who hope to manage his career.

According to insiders, it’s almost a tradition in the entertainment world for lawyers, agents, publicists and managers to try to separate teens with potential from their families as soon as they are old enough to legally leave the nest.In the case of Jackson’s famous children, one source described the situation to Radar as “too many sharks in one pool” that “are just biting every damn thing” they can sink their teeth into.

It seems Prince may already be falling under the influence of one such predator. An insider tells Radar that a woman who previously worked with some of Michael Jackson’s siblings claims to already be managing Prince ahead of his birthday by finding show business opportunities for him to pursue. She’s already “protecting” Prince from his relatives — including his legal guardians, adds the insider.

Managing Prince’s career could be a lucrative gig, considering all the cuts from possible endorsement and appearance fees generated by the eldest son of the world’s most famous entertainer.

Prince, who is a high school honors student, has said he wants to produce and direct movies — something his father taught him about during his last years alive. He has also acted in a 90210 episode and “reported” for a week with Entertainment Tonight, gigs that his aunt, La Toya Jackson, helped arrange around his 16th birthday.

While turning 18 gives Prince his legal freedom, he will still be dependent on a generous allowance from his father’s multi-million dollar estate. The huge fortune his father left behind remains controlled by a trust that will dole out dollars in increments starting when he turns 21, 30, 35 and 40.

Last edited:
Prince is a smart kid. I'm praying for him and I hope he'll be ok.

These are my sentiments exactly!!!! :agree:

Notice the "sources" are described as being "close to the family".
I believe this is propaganda being put out by family members who will, after Prince turns 18 years old, miss spending Prince's share of his father's inheritance.

Written by fake Alan Duke who spent the week trashing Michael and twisting court papers in other articles. The irony of him of all people talking about money-hungry sharks...

cnn duke? and so the games begin. the kids need to do a michael and get the hell away from the family asap

Dont worry guys prince is smart he wont let anyone get in the way

I didn't expect this article from Radar and Alan Duke to find its way here after he posted a story of MJ calling him j...o and other rubbish.
--------------------------------------
"source close to the family"
"According to insiders"
"one source described the situation to Radar"

We know what these are, don't we? Imaginary sources to make article appear as real story with real sources.

One British tabloids writer testified in the court the following:
"The former reporter also admitted making up quotes for stories, telling jurors: “Sometimes when a tabloid newspaper quotes 'a source said' they are just made up. I'm sorry to shatter anyone's illusions, but it's a fact."

How to Make Up Stories for the Tabloids, Fox News, etc.
Second: Put it in a context that people are comfortable with. If it’s for a newspaper, write it so that it really really sounds like a newspaper story, with quotes, even. Make it sound like you have multiple sources, even though you’re pulling out of your butt.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-dantoni/how-to-make-up-stories-fo_b_11790.html

An interesting article about tabloids, especially NE - Radar's sister rag
http://www.cjr.org/news_literacy/national_enquirer_hoffman_hoax.php?page=all&print=true

Yep yep, sounds like Alan Duke is using the same tactics than so many before him.

While I have no doubt that he was/is and will be surrounded by greedy sharks, Radar's article is just stating obvious.

Last edited:
I think Prince is a smart kid, but of course I know nothing about him. I hope that the Jacksons are keeping a tight lid on him, to make sure that he doesn't end up with the vultures his father faced.

This hit my Google Alert the other day, and I was wondering if anybody knew what prompted it? Was it something specific, is it because Prince is going to be 18 in a few months, or is it because somebody had a mortgage payment to make and had to write a story real fast? LOL.

Anyway, at the end of the story it did give the correct info of when Prince really comes into his inheritance-and it's not 18!

the vultures are the jacksons. shown by how they have been used by family members the last five years. they are just concerned that the money is starting to dry up from feb 13th.

I think Prince is a smart kid, but of course I know nothing about him. I hope that the Jacksons are keeping a tight lid on him, to make sure that he doesn't end up with the vultures his father faced.

...I was wondering if anybody knew what prompted it? Was it something specific, is it because Prince is going to be 18 in a few months, or is it because somebody had a mortgage payment to make and had to write a story real fast? LOL.

well, I don't know. He let La toya to be his manager.

My guess is that it is a preemptive Jacksonian explanation fed to Alan Duke for something that Prince has done or will be doing in terms of his future that reduces or removes the Jacksons' ability to make money off of him. (Much like the bogus "drug addict" stories that were preemptively served up for years to explain away why MJ had clearly made an effort to limit contact with nearly all of his "family," to distract from the reality of the family members' behavior being what drove him away.)

Perhaps Prince is simply moving out or maybe he decided to seek professionals to manage him (instead of LaToya) or to oversee his finances (instead of his many non-business savvy family members who may have wanted to do it after MJ wisely decided against having them manage his estate).

This hit my Google Alert the other day, and I was wondering if anybody knew what prompted it? Was it something specific, is it because Prince is going to be 18 in a few months, or is it because somebody had a mortgage payment to make and had to write a story real fast? LOL.

Anyway, at the end of the story it did give the correct info of when Prince really comes into his inheritance-and it's not 18!

Yeah this story does not sound true to me. It sounds like someone sat down and said, "Ummm what can I write about. Let's see Prince is almost 18 so maybe I can do an angle of kid coming of age and throw in the usual source, family, grandmother, guardian and say how people are going to try to be connected to him for his money. Yeah that is a great idea." Notice this article has no depth, details, facts. Just use it for entertainment.

Sharks are out there for some time already... they've been around Princes Dad since his childhood... it's really no news!

I just hope I'll not see Prince pushed around by someone like Dieter Wiesner in Germany again!

My guess is that it is a preemptive Jacksonian explanation fed to Alan Duke for something that Prince has done or will be doing in terms of his future that reduces or removes the Jacksons' ability to make money off of him. (Much like the bogus "drug addict" stories that were preemptively served up for years to explain away why MJ had clearly made an effort to limit contact with nearly all of his "family," to distract from the reality of the family members' behavior being what drove him away.)

I get it that the family is very unpopular on this board (and I agree with some of the criticism towards them) but why do we assume immediately that the story has been fed to Alan Duke by them? Wasn't Alan Duke on the other side in the AEG trial, ie. on AEG's side (that's why he was so popular here, but it turns out recently that he is just another snake and for example in the Robson case he seems to be on Robson's side)? IMO he did not need to be "fed". He probably just made it up himself. He is newly signed at RadarOnline and he seems to be eager to prove his "worth" re. Jackson stories. We have one by him every other day now.

Last edited:
Duke was on the families side in AEG wasnt he. the jacksons give him stories we saw that during the trial. With his cnn articles.unless im mixing up the wrong person. maybe hes fallen out with the family hence this article.or the family have given him this to push cause of jrs birthday but you always have to bare in mind who the articles come from and their agendas ie radar being trent ,x18? been randy. join the dots. a cnn reporter going to a tacky celeb website? sums up journos

Alan Duke was on the Jacksons' side in the AEG case and the Radar too seems to have some Jacksons' insider source.

BUT this article sounds rehashed to me. Nothing unpredictable. We all know the 'Greedy Sharks' will show up eventually. He had some greedy fishes around him for a while now. Naturally, the fishes are scared of the sharks. I bet Dileo seemed like a threatening shark to some, at the time.

Oh, OK thanks. So Duke was on the Jacksons side. However, I still don't think it's fair to immediately assume that the Jacksons are behind his article. Duke has been on some crap all week (also siding with Robson, like I side), so I'm sure he does not need to be fed by anyone to come up with some sensationalist crap.

InvincibleTal;4057146 said:
Alan Duke was on the Jacksons' side in the AEG case and the Radar too seems to have some Jacksons' insider source.

BUT this article sounds rehashed to me. Nothing unpredictable. We all know the 'Greedy Sharks' will show up eventually... I bet Dileo seemed like a threatening shark to some, at the time.

respect77;4057174 said:
So Duke was on the Jacksons side. However, I still don't think it's fair to immediately assume that the Jacksons are behind his article.

Sure, I agree that the story could be a rehash or entirely made up by Duke. The main reason that I think the story is probably real and has origins in the Jacksons' camp is because of this part of the article:

"An insider tells Radar that A WOMAN WHO PREVIOUSLY WORKED WITH SOME OF MICHAEL JACKSON'S SIBLINGS claims to already be managing Prince ahead of his birthday by finding show business opportunities for him to pursue. She’s already 'protecting' Prince from his relatives — including his legal guardians, adds the insider."

Who else besides the Jackson camp would even know that this woman (a.k.a. the greedy shark) at the center of the story had previously worked with some of the Jackson siblings before she started allegedly managing and "protecting Prince from his relatives, including legal guardians"? If the story was less specific and only a vague piece about "greedy sharks" circling in general, it would seem more like a made up or rehashed throw-away story. However, this sounds more like an effort to give a negative impression of a specific woman who is very familiar to the Jackson siblings and whose actions seem to be making the family members angry.

Last edited:
^^But the story is still nonspecific. A tabloid reporter can call any man or woman working with Prince some shark who worked with the Jacksons before, and since the family socialize with the same people chances are that the kids will encounter any previous shark that worked with the Jacksons. This does not show the story is real. They can't even name the female shark. This just reads like another tabloid story.

Duke has been fed crap by the Jackson family for years so it’s not a stretch to suspect him of publishing a story the family wants publicized, I just hope the family hasn’t completely brainwashed the kids and that they won’t be bleed for money all of their lives.

Victory22;4057505 said:
Duke has been fed crap by the Jackson family for years so it’s not a stretch to suspect him of publishing a story the family wants publicized, I just hope the family hasn’t completely brainwashed the kids and that they won’t be bleed for money all of their lives.

I agree! Duke has been the go-to media person for Katherine and the other Jacksons for awhile now. Duke's higher profile CNN connections bring higher visibility and "credibility" to these Jackson stories than those stories that many of us suspect Randy fed to the lower tier gossip blogs (e.g., X17). Those stories tended to bash Prince and Paris for supposedly unruly behavior, especially around the time of the Grannyknapping debacle to preemptively make it seem like the Grannyknapping was to save Katherine's health from the stress of dealing with MJ's wild, badly behaving kids, instead of an attempt by the siblings to get MJ's money. (Or the drug addict stories he had fed to Friedman when the story came out about him trying to sell MJ's catalog out from under him.)

That big chunk of MJ's money that Katherine gets for her "Cubs" and her Cubs's cubs (to use Jermaine's words) by claiming it is for "taking care" of Prince will be going out the door soon, if the family doesn't guilt trip him into letting them "manage" his money or his career in some way. Any non-family member trying to be his manager or even someone who will encourage him not to feel obligated to financially support the family will be an enemy (like MJ's managers, accountants, lawyers, and probably some friends were).

Last edited:
^Totally agree. We know Duke has his sources in the family, the family will be obsessed with keeping ppb within the family and will be portraying all outsiders to ppb as 'sharks' just out to exploit them. Mj got away from them, they'll be trying to make sure that doesn't happen with ppb.

spot on. i couldnt agree more. to me the jacksons are all so obvious.the timing is everything

I agree! Duke has been the go-to media person for Katherine and the other Jacksons for awhile now. Duke's higher profile CNN connections bring higher visibility and "credibility" to these Jackson stories than those stories that many of us suspect Randy fed to the lower tier gossip blogs (e.g., X17). Those stories tended to bash Prince and Paris for supposedly unruly behavior, especially around the time of the Grannyknapping debacle to preemptively make it seem like the Grannyknapping was to save Katherine's health from the stress of dealing with MJ's wild, badly behaving kids, instead of an attempt by the siblings to get MJ's money. (Or the drug addict stories he had fed to Friedman when the story came out about him trying to sell MJ's catalog out from under him.)

That big chunk of MJ's money that Katherine gets for her "Cubs" and her Cubs's cubs (to use Jermaine's words) by claiming it is for "taking care" of Prince will be going out the door soon, if the family doesn't guilt trip him into letting them "manage" his money or his career in some way. Any non-family member trying to be his manager or even someone who will encourage him not to feel obligated to financially support the family will be an enemy (like MJ's managers, accountants, lawyers, and probably some friends were).

Even if that story is rehashed, made up, the Jacksons showed their true colors to the world within hours of Michael's passing. They waited months to start using the kids, they're the greedy sharks but if they are the source for that article, it's a classical move from them to put the blame on everyone else but they never go wrong.

Even if that story is rehashed, made up, the Jacksons showed their true colors to the world within hours of Michael's passing. They waited months to start using the kids, they're the greedy sharks but if they are the source for that article, it's a classical move from them to put the blame on everyone else but they never go wrong.

There's no denying to that on my part lol. They're part of the greedy fishes who are afraid of the big sharks. We all know what's Alan source. It could be just a rehashed story case Duke is pumping as many MJ stories he can in one week when he doesn't really have anything new to write. I wouldn't be surprised if it's either one of them.

prince, judging by his grades, who raised him and his poise in some interviews, has the potential to be very brilliant at what he wants to do - movie directing. so far the people responsible for him have had no problems with him pimping "mr. pink drink" and the "money team". unfortunate and tacky ventures IMO. he's better than that garbage. sounds like there's already a battle to control him and members of each camp are starting to plant stories against each other. if only there was an adult figure in their lives who did't see them as ATMs. breaks my heart. i hope he goes to film school and pursues his craft, finds a mentor and does this right, like his father wanted.

Me too. I hope someone can guide him into picking a great school like NYU or USC. I'd love for someone like Spike Lee or Spielberg to use him as an intern.
I think Michael would be pleased if he got his degree. And stay away from entertainment shows. !!!

Back