Raising Money For A New Community Forum

Gaz

Owner And Founder
Staff member
Country
United-Kingdom
MJJCommunity's forum is an icon in the world of online Michael Jackson fan communities, it has been in existence for almost 20 years and has over 3 million posts from Michael's pre and posthumous life... In a nutshell, this is an archive of Michael Jackson information that must be preserved, however, given its age it is now at a point where it is in need of a refurb, the software it is using is years out of date and worse, its vulnerable in today's digital arena, so its in serious need of an update and brought into the most up to date forum platforms, going forward this will be a huge cost something we are not able to cover ourselves, there will be the licence fee for the new forum and hiring a developer to transfer all the data and content to it, this is where this Go Fund Me comes into play. We need your help, we simply can't do this on our own, we would like to use the funds to pay for a brand new state of the art community forum platform and for an expert developer to migrate the 3 million posts and hundreds of thousands of members and their content to it.

We call upon the Michael Jackson fan community, please will you help us? This is for the fans and Michael who will benefit from this online space so many call home.

To donate please go to our Go Fund me page here - https://gofund.me/cc0dd763

Best regards
Team MJJCommunity.

Done! Looking forward to many years to come :)

Thank you to the wonderful members who have donated so far. We can do this!!

Guys....We've done an incredible job getting to the first hundred, we need this to continue so we can take MJJC into the digital future by getting new forum software with licences and a developer to migrate over 3 million posts and almost 20 years of MJ history please donate here https://gofund.me/7c9048c1

Btw as a thank you for donating to this cause I will be building Dark Mode into this forum version for you to use until the new one is builts and we're migrated over.

How exciting! Donated. Come on guys!

Just released 'Dark Mode' of the forum for those who like things a little darker around here, still some tweaking to do but its a thanks for helping the community get this much needed upgrade.

[h=2]ÂŁ167 raised of ÂŁ500 goal[/h]Well done guys... big ups to all...

I made my donation yesterday!

And will do another donation later, if need be.

Over halfway there. You guys are crushing it, thank you. :smilev4:

Let's keep this going! Every little bit helps!!

giphy.gif

I see no more donations have been received for a few weeks. That’s a pity as it started off so well.

It is a pitty indeed. Just made another donation. Come on people. You enjoy this place, expect a lot from the owner, who invested a lot of money in this place to keep it running, and the staff, who do this just out of love for MJJ, and you can't spare a few bugs... I'm sure you can, so come on. We can make this a better place.

Hello everyone, please don't forget about this fundraising drive. Every small amount helps.
Gaz has begun the process of developing a shiny new forum for us and his work is going to continue, as the year progresses!!

giphy.gif

Just to update you all, as we are collecting the amount I will get to work on purchasing the licencies for the new forum, thus far I have bought the forum software and contacted the developer who will be migrating everything over, also to let you know I will be dumping the website, the forum will be the front of house on just www.mjjcommunity.com

I'll keep you posted but please keep the donations to this coming so I can get everything done and we can enjoy our new home to celebrate Michael.

Thanks
Gaz

Getting really excited now... it's finaly starting to move forward, work will start in a temp directory within a week, in the mean time we can continue posting on the old version as a final dump of all data and members will happen prior to the launch.

Get ready guys, a whole new state of the art MJJC is coming, a complete new platform with so many more enhancements taking us into the future for Michael.

But we are not there with the costs guys, I had to increase it for a couple of reasons, one being the impoorting of blog from here, to the post thanks, the chat, but also I did not incorporate GoFundMe's fee's, but we need to push this... and get the rest... please help, please share on your Facebook or twitter or anywhere else you participate - [FONT=&amp]https://gofund.me/10329c1e[/FONT]

Hold tight guys, you are so going to love this....

Work on the new forum starts tomorrow guys...

Great news Gaz, good to know the money is well spend. Appreciate the update. Thank you for your effort!

The new forum build has completed the migration of content and members, I am now testing and tweeking things so soon it will be ready for moveing to the main page of MJJC.

To make you all aware there will be a period of a few days downtime due to me having to upgrade my server so the new one will work, due the this one being so old I have not been able to update the server as the new versions do not support the old versions of vbulletin, so once this is done we will update you via our socials etc, or you may just refresh and the new will appear.

The new forum build has completed the migration of content and members, I am now testing and tweeking things so soon it will be ready for moveing to the main page of MJJC.

To make you all aware there will be a period of a few days downtime due to me having to upgrade my server so the new one will work, due the this one being so old I have not been able to update the server as the new versions do not support the old versions of vbulletin, so once this is done we will update you via our socials etc, or you may just refresh and the new will appear.
Thanks for the heads up and great work! Do you know if the new forum software will have a Tapatalk plugin installed as well? This would be very helpful since we can then visit and post to the forum using Tapatalk like we can currently with the existing software.

Sent from my Titan using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up and great work! Do you know if the new forum software will have a Tapatalk plugin installed as well? This would be very helpful since we can then visit and post to the forum using Tapatalk like we can currently with the existing software.

Sent from my Titan using Tapatalk

It won't at first, but we will be installing up to date softwares back into the new forum, unfortunately anything on here is not compatible with the new one as everything is so old here.

Guys another update, Unfortunately we have some group migrating issues, so we have made the decision to merge all member groups into the proud member group, this will include patrons and junior members, all the others will be left in awaiting verification, so if you see a change to your group this will be why, once on the new forum we will look to what tools are available to create groups again.

all the content from the old forum will be moved to the new forum?

and will the search be similar to the old search option? can i for all threads which were started by me (Glanni) for example?

all the content from the old forum will be moved to the new forum?

and will the search be similar to the old search option? can i for all threads which were started by me (Glanni) for example?

Yes and yes.

Back