Rare Pictures Thread

camera21-4.jpg
This is just all kinds of beautiful. ❤️

I guess this isn't really rare since it's Hello (celeb gossip mag in UK) and it's got the photobucket over his face but it's a lovely shot so thought it was worth bumping it. I mean, Michael in Ray-Bans - that's just to die for.
None of the pictures that has been bumped/posted in this thread lately are rare! Maybe they were at some point, but not anymore

Nothing is rare in this age, everything is out there on social media :) Its all MJ pictures thread now :ROFLMAO:
I guess that's the point Michaels Lover was making. It's the internet. This thread started back in 2009, I guess there wasn't loads photo-sharing going on back then, at least not the way it's done now.

It's like you said, it doesn't matter what it's called, it's all Michael so it's all good. That Hello cover shot I bumped, I was so excited to see it. Hadn't seen it since back in the day. I can remember when it was out and was all over the magazine racks in every newsagent. No, seriously, it was dead exciting, it really was. I know that probably sounds bonkers. Nowadays you can so casually click on any number of images with no effort at all as long as you're online. Different times, lol.

I mean, I didn't buy the mag, obvs, wasn't interested in that, but the photo is so beautiful and it was amazing seeing it replicated dozens of times for a whole week. Like a temporary art installation or something. I don't think I even bothered to browse through the mag. I was quite happy just to see the cover photo being displayed all over the place. Cooler than cool. 😊

Last edited:
I mean, I didn't buy the mag, obvs, wasn't interested in that, but the photo is so beautiful and it was amazing seeing it replicated dozens of times for a whole week. Like a temporary art installation or something. I don't think I even bothered to browse through the mag. I was quite happy just to see the cover photo being displayed all over the place. Cooler than cool. 😊
Wow! That must have been some good times as a fan, to see such a beautiful picture of Michael replicated through the book store. I do envy those who got a chance to live through his high days. Even if you did not go to the concerts or read about him, he was just all over the place.

Wow! That must have been some good times as a fan, to see such a beautiful picture of Michael replicated through the book store. I do envy those who got a chance to live through his high days. Even if you did not go to the concerts or read about him, he was just all over the place.
He *was* all over the place, yeah. As you know, I don't identify as a fan so I can only guess how exciting it must have been for them, they must have been going out of their minds. I absolutely loved it. He was all over the radio. All over the media. Now, that wasn't always good cos he did get a lot of negative press. Even setting aside the really horrible stuff there was stuff like, he wasn't considered cool, the media were often quite dismissive of him. Sometimes he was ridiculed. So it wasn't all lovely. But there were lovely aspects to it, as well. He was alive, for a start. Biggest pop star in the world. Pretty much on top of the world. Lots of lovely photos popping up here and there. Lots of product coming out all the time. And there was a 'Michael' energy in the air. I'm sure I didn't imagine it.

So, yeah, it was great, really great. I did take him for granted, ngl. I was a like a fish swimming in water. But it was amazing seeing him just taking it up and up and up. And every new space he created he just inhabited it perfectly.

Last edited:
Back