Rare Pictures Thread

tumblr_ml7b72Ig2S1rlol2bo1_500.jpg

jammiesmjrare.jpg

This is too cute! Ugh if only this was better quality, I've never seen this one.
Wow This is a wonderful find. What a treasure. Thanks Mac alot.

Well..not too sure if it's rare, but its one of the first pictures i ever saw of M. it was in smash hits, making of B or W , around 91. Its fairly precious to me !
and another lovely one

and a sinful photoshop ... but couldn't resist this one!

Well..not too sure if it's rare, but its one of the first pictures i ever saw of M. it was in smash hits, making of B or W , around 91. Its fairly precious to me !
Such a beautiful image. Stunning. Although could have done without Smash Hits reference! Cheers, wend, lol. Back in the day, I didn't follow Michael as in, I didn't buy his records or buy pop mags just bc he was in them. I bought the pop papers every single week and sometimes bought Smash Hits but that wasn't a fixture. When he died they did a beautiful memorial issue, as you know. I bought 6 or 7 copies but eventually shed them all - lack of space, various reasons. Which only goes to prove I don't have half the sense god gave a goat. Now I wish I had kept at least one of them. Last night I posted the photo they used on the cover which is one of my top, top faves. And I love it every time I see it but there is always this little bit of sadness, as well.

Such a beautiful image. Stunning. Although could have done without Smash Hits reference! Cheers, wend, lol. Back in the day, I didn't follow Michael as in, I didn't buy his records or buy pop mags just bc he was in them. I bought the pop papers every single week and sometimes bought Smash Hits but that wasn't a fixture. When he died they did a beautiful memorial issue, as you know. I bought 6 or 7 copies but eventually shed them all - lack of space, various reasons. Which only goes to prove I don't have half the sense god gave a goat. Now I wish I had kept at least one of them. Last night I posted the photo they used on the cover which is one of my top, top faves. And I love it every time I see it but there is always this little bit of sadness, as well.
Haha . :LOL: Smash Hits was a strange one was'nt it. The way they wrote their articles -Couldnt be as free as that nowadays . TV Hits another. Look In, another - Nikki , another.
.. I recently purchased a doll magazine for the 'vintage' bad era poster on the back....Me and magazines .LOL
Ah , that issue , yes ..yes , i have about the same number of those lol. You can still repurchase/ replenish on ebay though if you really do need it back. just the one. lol I understand though. it is a bitter sweet ...melancholy kind of ... , i get it.

Haha . :LOL: Smash Hits was a strange one was'nt it. The way they wrote their articles -Couldnt be as free as that nowadays . TV Hits another. Look In, another - Nikki , another.
.. I recently purchased a doll magazine for the 'vintage' bad era poster on the back....Me and magazines .LOL
Ah , that issue , yes ..yes , i have about the same number of those lol. You can still repurchase/ replenish on ebay though if you really do need it back. just the one. lol I understand though. it is a bitter sweet ...melancholy kind of ... , i get it.
Nah, I don't shop online. That's the hill I will die on. Plus, although I'm not a hoarder, I do like 'stuff'. Newspapers, magazines, books. My entire life revolves around getting rid of stuff. It's entirely ridiculous, lol. During all the lockdowns I pretty much kept the UK newspaper industry going single-handed, lol.

Yeah, Smash Hits was a bit weird. Good photos, though.

Nah, I don't shop online. That's the hill I will die on. Plus, although I'm not a hoarder, I do like 'stuff'. Newspapers, magazines, books. My entire life revolves around getting rid of stuff. It's entirely ridiculous, lol. During all the lockdowns I pretty much kept the UK newspaper industry going single-handed, lol.

Yeah, Smash Hits was a bit weird. Good photos, though.
I have so much 'stuff' too. I just ...It just builds up.. and with Amazon , There is so much recycling to do since they place items in huge boxes.
Ha ha You just cannot beat physical items. I know that downloading is quicker and everything but half of that beauty is gone, goes for cds , dvds, Vinyl, PICTURE vinyl, vhs and cassette. I am soooo old fashioned.
The magazine would be oh , so glossy. Big beautiful colourful pages and posters , song lyrics -and a good A4 size too.

Last edited:
I have so much 'stuff' too. I just ...It just builds up.. and with Amazon , There is so much recycling to do since they place items in huge boxes.
Ha ha You just cannot beat physical items. I know that downloading is quicker and everything but half of that beauty is gone, goes for cds , dvds, even vhs and cassette. I am soooo old fashioned.
The magazine would be oh , so glossy. Big beautiful colourful pages and posters , song lyrics -and a good A4 size too.
oh, girl, I doubt you are as old-school as me. If you are, thank the good lord, lol. All my music is on CD. I have a CD player and a flaming WALKMAN!! Honestly, I kid you not, lol. And I use it, too. All the time!

I'm digging deep into old blues, jazz and gospel, atm. And the web has been priceless in helping me track down half-forgotten stuff. I couldn't have done it without the web, I know that. But now that I've got started, I needed to get back to reality. Today I bought a lovely gospel compilation CD from HMV. Very happy!

I did have a bit of a meltdown the other day. Was in my local computer shop (my laptop is playing silly beggars) and while I waited my turn I was browsing the shelves. There was some gadget on sale that turns your old cassettes into MP3. Why can't IT types - with their superior IT brains - forecast the future? If I had known such a thing was going to be possible in years to come I would have kept all my demos and bootlegs. I had Adam's Milan gig on tape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wth?

I know it is online and I thank the guardian angels of bootlegs for that. But it's not the same.

Last edited:

Sorry, wend, gotta re-post this one straightaway. Just gotta ...

Photos from the 1980's - apart from being totally gorgeous, just get me another way, as well, bc there were only so many in circulation. So I'm either getting excited bc I'm being reunited with an old fave or I'm getting excited bc it's a new, less familiar image. Win-win, lol.

D34358AD-0446-4130-87C6-02D5483155BF.jpeg

Not sure if this is rare or not, but I've never seen it before. He's so beautiful! The fact that he just looked like this in the wild blows my mind.

View attachment 1865

Not sure if this is rare or not, but I've never seen it before. He's so beautiful! The fact that he just looked like this in the wild blows my mind.
Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Dang it! I've seen a bigger version of this somewhere! Gah! Bet I won't be able to remember.

Anyway, lovely to see it. Lovely, lovely Michael.

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Dang it! I've seen a bigger version of this somewhere! Gah! Bet I won't be able to remember.

Anyway, lovely to see it. Lovely, lovely Michael.
Ahh see this is why I don't post in this thread! So hard to post an actual rare pic 😞

Still we can celebrate Michael's beauty always and endlessly! 😊

Ahh see this is why I don't post in this thread! So hard to post an actual rare pic 😞

Still we can celebrate Michael's beauty always and endlessly! 😊
no, no, that's not what I meant! It is rare. I've only seen it one time.

But I'm sure I've seen a bigger version which, simply bc it was bigger, was even more beautiful. It's fab that you posted it. I had forgotten about it, I love it, it's helping me ...

Love that you posted it. I mean, OK, I need a magnifying glass, lol. But that's OK. :ROFLMAO:

Back