Rare, Unreleased Michael Jackson Album Goes Up for Auction

Via Michael Prince:

"No. That's not my or Brads or MJ's writing. And it would always have the song title and version # on it, and many times the date. All bible CDs were one song only. It's a fake."

As if we didn't already know that.

I laugh at the sucker who would buy these. I hope to god no one does though because Frank doesn't deserve the money. Wait, was he thinking an entire album was going to be produced with this tracklist of his fakes? :puke:

And some of the fans still think the Cascios are/were Michael's good friends, Frank and Edward don't deserve to be in that category. It's disgusting Frank is preying on the fans to make money off Michael.

Last edited:
The question being, is it genuine or just a collection of soundalike fakes by Eddie Casio. My guess is probably the latter.

Re: All 12 Cascio songs are being shopped as "Michael Jackson"

Hes pulled it according to reports.trying to sell it privatley

First I read the title and was all exited...

Then I came into the thread and saw the track.list... :lol: :lol:

As high as 1 million $ .... - For 12 songs that MJ has never worked on... - I could have made those songs.... Maybe I should actually. Make some songs, sing them like MJ and sell them as original MJ songs... - I could use the million dollars.... :)

Man, I wish I could get my $20 back for the Michael CD. Sucks for whoever buys this for 50k :lol: (although seems they shut down the auction ahah)

Unreleased Michael Jackson album withdrawn from auction

By Andy Malt | Published on Thursday 13 July 2017

An album’s worth of unreleased Michael Jackson material has seemingly been pulled from an auction of musical memorabilia. The CD was due to go up for sale in the Gotta Have Rock And Roll online auction next week, with a starting price of $50,000.

The album was described on the listing as “Michael Jackson’s personally owned copy of his final album consisting of twelve finished tracks, all with finished vocals”. It was apparently sourced from an unidentified personal assistant.

Three of the tracks on the record – ‘Monster’, ‘Breaking News’ and ‘Stay’ – actually featured on posthumous album ‘Michael’, which was released in 2010. However, the other nine are seemingly all previously unheard.

The sale of the album drew much media attention, an added layer of mystique being that the new owner would be prohibited from distributing the music contained on the record, because they were buying the physical disc, not any rights to do anything with the music on it beyond playing the CD in private.

Generally speaking people are allowed to sell on CDs they legitimately acquire without infringing anyone’s copyright – under what is called the ‘first sale doctrine’ in the US – though in the good old says of promo CDs going out to journalists, those usually had a ‘not for resale’ condition stuck on them.

Not that that ever stopped any journalists from selling the more attractive promo records on. Though had they been sold at a mega-bucks auction, the labels which sent out the promos might have complained. It’s not yet clear whether or not this Jackson rarity album has dropped off the published list of items up for auction because of any complaint from the Jackson estate or his label Sony Music.

The release of an EP of previously unheard Prince tracks was blocked earlier this year; though that was a producer actually trying to stage a commercial release of master recordings he was sitting on, rather than just selling the actual master tapes. The Prince estate argued that an agreement between Prince and that producer prohibited the release.

Organisers of the Gotta Have Rock And Roll auction have not yet responded to a request for comment.

http://www.completemusicupdate.com/article/unreleased-michael-jackson-album-withdrawn-from-auction/

Re: All 12 Cascio songs are being shopped as "Michael Jackson"

Never did i think he would do this

Merged the thread, moved it to trials and tribulations, looks like it's now been pulled from auction so think it should belong here really.

this was a simple attempt to make something out of a total F'up.. Cascio knew the estate would never attach themselves with one of those songs again! needed to find another way to make money off of it

He's also selling MJ's underwear in this auction (if they were even his). Shows how much these songs are worth.

Going private sale just makes it easier to get money without as much backlash.. He may have intentionally put it into public auction knowing he will pull it out just to get it out to the masses before it went to private sale.

Update on Rolling Stone: (Don't all laugh at once ) :toofunny:

UPDATE: The unreleased Michael Jackson album has been removed from public auction, but will still be available for purchase. "Due to an overwhelming response, interest and media attention, all parties involved in the sale of the Michael Jackson unreleased album wish to keep the integrity of Michael Jackson's legacy by removing it from public auction," a rep said in a statement to Rolling Stone. "Private inquires only at Gottahaverockandroll.com. Those interested in purchasing can still listen to the album by appointment."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ael-jackson-album-goes-up-for-auction-w491745

--------------------------------------------------------------------

To which I will add:

:toofunny:

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pmVM86Djj][/URL]

:toofunny:

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pmJMQ2amj][/URL]

Last edited:
Completely worthless. Woe betide the fool that makes that purchase.

Those interested in purchasing can still listen to the album by appointment."
---------------

Or find it on youtube free of charge.
?

The chances are that the Estate and Sony told them to stop the auction.

But buying a homemade CD and thinking it's the only copy? I bet there's over 9000 copies if that exact CD.

I think it's obvious Frank Cascio has no soul and doesn't believe in an afterlife. If he did he may have at least a small fear MJ would kick his lying, immoral ass. Those tracks are so obviously fake it's just stunning that that rag RS would pick up on the auction story. It still amazes me that so MJ fans insist it really is Michael. It is called cognitive dissonance

Probably.

What do some of you all expect. He writes a tell all book and then sells off private stuff. But i guess thats ok aslong as theres some gossip ficticious or not to read.

I think it's obvious Frank Cascio has no soul and doesn't believe in an afterlife. If he did he may have at least a small fear MJ would kick his lying, immoral ass. Those tracks are so obviously fake it's just stunning that that rag RS would pick up on the auction story. It still amazes me that so MJ fans insist it really is Michael. It is called cognitive dissonance

You don't need to believe in the afterlife, god, whatever have you (I certainly don't ) to be moral, ethical and knowing what Frank is doing is f'cked up by selling the person who considered him and the other Cascios his second family and did so much for them.

Back