Rate these Music Videos on Skill, Legacy and your personal rating! - For a MJ Top Trumps game!

Euan

Proud Member
menu_Logo2.png

For my school computing project, I am creating Michael Jackson top trumps. I am doing the cards on Music videos. I would have like to do other things in future. I will release the game after I have sat my exams and my project has been marked. Predicted date is July/August 2016.

The game will be on PC, possibly Mac and Linux. Sadly not an actual set of cards!

I need your feedback for the scores which each card will have.

Rate these Music videos out of 5 on Skill (choreography, CGI, etc), Legacy (Michael's Legacy) and your personal rating. 30 total and you don't have to do them all!

All of the results available to view here.

Thanks, I appreciate the help tremendously!

Done.

Skill was a hard one to consider a rating for, thinking about the technical aspects of the video and Michael's performance as one.

Some ommisions too.

Still, good luck with it man. Let us know how it goes!

Awesome!

It was 'gruelling' to vote though but I did make it somehow.
I love the 'analytics' page. (y)

GOOD research stuff for a Blog on Fave Music Video ;)

Thanks to everyone who has voted!

Here is a sneak peak, the current state of the user interface!
early_UIimage.png

May change between now and release ;)

Good luck with your project!!!??
Thank you!

Skill was a hard one to consider a rating for, thinking about the technical aspects of the video and Michael's performance as one.
Indeed! Very interesting way to look at the videos too.. One that I hadn't put a lot of thought into before.

It was 'gruelling' to vote though but I did make it somehow.
I love the 'analytics' page. (y)

GOOD research stuff for a Blog on Fave Music Video ;)
You can do it Daz! haha :D
Yeah, I wanted to leave the results open. It is useful data which I want to share with the MJ fam. Glad that your finding your own use!

Great idea, I answered all except one more chance, the video of which I have not seen (Arrgghh!!). I tried to be as impartial as possible, but 80% of those songs got 8s, 9s or 10s. Smooth Criminal and Beat it got straight 10s, because both songs are perfect and the dancing on both of those videos is untouchable. They are iconic Michael Jackson songs, videos and performances.

Some I rated the video highly, but did not like the song so much, others I hated the video or thought it was average, but just love the song. Looking at the results I can see we have been kind to most songs except Say, say, say and Wutzuwitchu or however its spelled. But yes good luck with your project and informed song picking too.

I also notice Cry, Come together and one more chance are flagging. a shame as I like cry. You are not alone and Stranger in Moscow is a bit low too.

Notice Beat It and Billie Jean are popular along with Smooth Criminal which is nothing under 8 and lots of 10's, and Thriller's legacy score wow!!! Then again asking hardocre Michael Jackson fans what they think of the videos to those songs is pretty much going to make us foam at the mouth or shake up and down:bugeyed:clapping::chillin::bow:

Last edited:
All done some hard ratings to do but i did. Great job Euan. I stay around 9 and 10 i did put i 8 in there on one song not saying which one.

Good Luck(y)

WHO gave Thriller a 6 on skill? Take them out back...

I gave Thriller 10 i agree Chris let take them out to the back.

Last edited:
Done as well :) Great job Euan. Loveee stats and graphs and uber simple & UNfuzzy "math" like this :p

While fillin' stuff in I couldn't help but think of Bee & Jay's tune and that one line which goes.........partner, partner let me just grade ya :lol: I've tried to be as objective as I could, but when it comes to Michael that may not be the easiest of things in the world to me, but then again, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Great project, really great. One observation though - how come you didn't include the prison version of TDCAU? It's actually one of his best videos, easily in my top5 "fan" rating with a definite 10. I hope it will get its proper general recognition and become a staple of his social and visual legacy as well. It certainly deserves to.

how come you didn't include the prison version of TDCAU?

Well I considered it.
I decided I would go with the first official video as it is probably better known. I could have had both of them but I didn't want to use a card for the same song when there are a lot of other options.

I did chose some peculiar videos but that spreads the cards out. Michael is so good all the cards would have been maxed out, I had to drop to some average/mediocre videos.

Last edited:
Well I considered it.
I decided I would go with the first official video as it is probably better known. I could have had both of them but I didn't want to use a card for the same song when there are a lot of other options.

I did chose some peculiar videos but that spreads the cards out. Michael is so good all the cards would have been maxed out, I had to drop to some average/mediocre videos.

Okies then, fair enough. Good luck again! Lookin' forward to the end result :)

Back