Raymone Bain is releasing a book about Michael Jackson

I gather from what I have read that Raymone Bain was a lousy General Manager. Bills weren't paid--for example, the bodyguards at Summerline weren't paid in months to the point where their cars were almost repossessed. Michael called and said, pay these guys, but it wasn't done.

I think she botched the WMA in London in 06, where it was not clear whether Michael was going to perform or not, and it created all kinds of confusion and disappointment. She was his publicist then so she should have made it clear so people and the media did not have false expectations. All she had to do is say up front he was not going to perform, but that he would appear and accept the Millenium Award. So b/c it wasn't clear, and he ended up singing a few lines, the media said he couldn't sing, it was a shambles, etc. The media was given an opening due to all the confusion to lay into him. He did NOT need that in 06, right after the trial.

While Michael was in Bahrain, the NL staff weren't paid a few times, but I am not sure what her role was then.

It seemed as if during the trial, the organization that should have been supporting Michael, meaning his paid staff, just wasn't there. He actually had a summons to appear in another case (a crazy accusation of some guy saying Michael had kidnapped him years before) and was supposed to appear in court on June 13, the day the verdict was read in Santa Maria. No one showed up at the other trial or sent any communication, so Michael was fined $10,000 and the judge was threatening to arrest him.

Then she goes and sues him for (I think) 60 million right before he died.

Mez had trouble with her in 05 b/c she was asking the Nation of Islam, and prominent Black figures, like Jesse Jackson, to show up at the trial.

I don't have a good feeling about her.

Last edited:
Jamba thanks for the info. I heard about some of his staff not getting paid but if she was his publicist, why she's responsible for the non-pymts? Wouldn't that be the responsibility of any of his financial officers? Also, I think (someone, please tell me if I'm wrong) she was not responsible for the $10,000. fine. I believe that falls on any of Michael's attorneys.

I have mixed feelings.... lemme wait 'till she released her book.

Among all these tabloids nasty books about Michael, you need to see an honest positive book about him too, the question is: the motivations for those friends/employees who write book about MJ, is it all about cashing $$$ or perhaps they want their history with Michael to be documented???

Randy was incharge of all the non payments but bain was more than a publicist she was the general manager of his company so u would think it was her job to oversea everything. make sure those who were supp to be paying bills etc were.

but heck why should we be surprised she couldnt even pay her own taxes either intentional or not so i wouldnt expect her to make sure mjs were

So while there are many good points being made here, I always use discernment before buying or reading any book even if it is presented as factual. The only person who knows what occurred between 2005-2009 is Michael himself.

It begs the question of in light of all the books being written about Michael claiming to know the "real" story, how can do we even know what is real or not. I understand that some of the people had interactions about Michael but why the need to write a book.

Perhaps anyone who want to tell the "real" story can focus on Michael's humanitarian work and his art. Go find ways to present that aspect of Michael, not write a book about his personal life. Michael wanted privacy when he was here and we should respect his wishes and give him privacy after he is gone. So as I write this I don't know if writing a book is truly in the best interest of Michael or his children regardless of ones intentions.

This is only my opinion. I understand not everyone may feel the same.

Sending a major LOVE.

So while there are many good points being made here, I always use discernment before buying or reading any book even if it is presented as factual. The only person who knows what occurred between 2005-2009 is Michael himself.

It begs the question of in light of all the books being written about Michael claiming to know the "real" story, how can do we even know what is real or not. I understand that some of the people had interactions about Michael but why the need to write a book.

Perhaps anyone who want to tell the "real" story can focus on Michael's humanitarian work and his art. Go find ways to present that aspect of Michael, not write a book about his personal life. Michael wanted privacy when he was here and we should respect his wishes and give him privacy after he is gone. So as I write this I don't know if writing a book is truly in the best interest of Michael or his children regardless of ones intentions.

This is only my opinion. I understand not everyone may feel the same.

Sending a major LOVE.

Jamba thanks for the info. I heard about some of his staff not getting paid but if she was his publicist, why she's responsible for the non-pymts? Wouldn't that be the responsibility of any of his financial officers? Also, I think (someone, please tell me if I'm wrong) she was not responsible for the $10,000. fine. I believe that falls on any of Michael's attorneys.

You know, I am not sure of her roles. I think at one time she was his publicist and at another she was his General Manager. I think she was also fired at one point during the trial and then rehired later. The thing is his whole organization got a bit chaotic around 2003 (I think). She had access to info about his finances b/c I have heard her speak of them on TV interviews. She said she was asking Michael if he had a will, this is not something a publicist usually asks. Maybe someone else has more info on this than I do. The one thing I am sure of is she did not do a good job re the WMA in London. She was always sending out press releases, and this concerned the financial matters, such as the NL staff missing their payroll. As far as the $10,000 fine, the lawyers for the trial, Mez, Sanger, Yu, were totally focused on that. I don't know where the summons was sent, I assume to NL address, and someone got the summons, but where it went from there I don't know. The fine wasn't as bad, although 10k is a lot to most people, but it was the threat that the judge would order his arrest.

Last edited:
Why can't these people just get a job? I mean how many books can they write about the same person. it's getting almost embarrassing.

What is happening is that the exploiters are flooding the market with flimsy tabloid nonsense, so that when the good books come along, people have already been tried reading the same tired stories, so they ignore the good books thinking, "Oh no another MJ book." This is what is happening now to the Cambell book. I hope her publisher hype up the promotion so people become aware of the book.

Jamba I don't understand this fine? Usually when a judge knows you are in court on another matter, they do not expect you to be in 2 places at the same time, so the court dates are changed. If Michael was fined due to an error, his lawyers should have been able to deal with it due to legitimate reasons.

Last edited:
What is happening is that the exploiters are flooding the market with flimsy tabloid nonsense, so that when the good books come along, people have already been tried reading the same tired stories, so they ignore the good books thinking, "Oh no another MJ book." This is what is happening now to the Cambell book. I hope her publisher hype up the promotion so people become aware of the book.

Jamba I don't understand this fine? Usually when a judge knows you are in court on another matter, they do not expect you to be in 2 places at the same time, so the court dates are changed. If Michael was fined due to an error, his lawyers should have been able to deal with it due to legitimate reasons.

I got the info from youtube in a series of vids titled What Really Happened After the Trial by (I think) Lunajo7. What she says is that a lunatic claimed that Michael molested him way back when and he had repressed memories that suddenly surfaced, so he filed a lawsuit, and a summons was sent. However, no one showed up at the scheduled date of the hearing, no lawyer, no MJ, and the summons was, incredibly, to appear in court on June 13, 2005. The judge did get some correspondence after the date to explain the situation, but he was not that sympathetic, so he fined MJ $10,000 ($5,000 was for the plaintiff's legal costs and 5k for not showing up) and he said if there had been no response at all after the date of June 13th, he would have had MJ arrested. So the judge appafently did not know about the other trial ongoing (at least not officially).

I just refer to this to show that there was disarray in MJ's organization at that time and later as well, when staff like bodyguards weren't paid. If you look at these vids on youtube there was plenty of chaos and lawsuits after the trial, with Marc Shaffel, Marcel Avrams, and then the Bahrainian prince, a lawsuit with Prescient and Fortress--it just never ended.I don't know how he coped or maintained with it all.

^^ Thanks Jamba but I do not see the justice in that situation. Oh well...I guess after the trial it was a free all for all users.

There are going to be many more books written about MJ down the years, he simply is too big not to write books, fictional or factual.

I think we are getting these crappy books (latest Sullivan) about MJ, because people closest to Michael's don't want to give interviews these so called authors, thus they to go secondary sources (tabloids). Sullivan's book is one of those secondary books, as none MJ closest participated. MJ's friends want to tell the story own their own words without no one twisting what they say, and the way they saw the time with MJ. I rather have MJ friend writing a book and tell how he/she saw times with MJ, whether good or bad, than total stranger telling fictional story full of lies or copy/paste job from tabloids.

and he said if there had been no response at all after the date of June 13th, he would have had MJ arrested.
======================

i doubt that is correct. this was a lawsuit i presume filed by bartucci. i doubt a judge can have u arrested in such a case, this wasnt a criminal case like in 03-05 where melvile threatened to revoke bail and have him arrested if he didnt get to court on time

id take utube videos with a pinch of salt as lot are based around conspiract theories or chinese whispers

You know, Michael once made a simple statement. It carried a lot of weight. That was normal for him. He said...'if you want to be close to me, listen to my music'.

That's all the book i need.

i was looking for a concert that he did, that i bookmarked. i started to look at it, then i paused it, because i had something else to do. Days later, just now, i came back to look at the rest of it...found out it was taken down due to multiple companies, including one in Brunei claiming copyrights to it. So, sadly, it's no more, on Youtube. So..the horndogs said that he was not relevant, time and time again. Due to the never ending lengthening length of the atm users who have always seen him as only that, see him as that, and will, forever, see him as that...these horndogs were the biggest liars on earth. There are no good writers of a book about him. They must Deal with that. They must Find a new subject.. This one is closed. He's the only one who wrote his own good book. It's his music. And his own autobiographical account.
It cannot be said that he had no friends surrounding him, yet there can be a good book written about him by somebody else. No logic in that. It can't be said there's a good book, when he sang, 'No One Understands Me'.
And it can't be said that there is a good book out there by somebody else, when, while he was still here, nobody succeeded in not being salacious, and now, that he's gone, they're all coming out of the woodwork like the termites that they are, conveniently, while he is not here. After all, there is no logic in that.

Last edited:
I got the info from youtube in a series of vids titled What Really Happened After the Trial by (I think) Lunajo7. What she says is that a lunatic claimed that Michael molested him way back when and he had repressed memories that suddenly surfaced, so he filed a lawsuit, and a summons was sent. However, no one showed up at the scheduled date of the hearing, no lawyer, no MJ, and the summons was, incredibly, to appear in court on June 13, 2005. The judge did get some correspondence after the date to explain the situation, but he was not that sympathetic, so he fined MJ $10,000 ($5,000 was for the plaintiff's legal costs and 5k for not showing up) and he said if there had been no response at all after the date of June 13th, he would have had MJ arrested. So the judge appafently did not know about the other trial ongoing (at least not officially).

The youtube was wrong, the summons was for a date in late july 05, mj wd be bahrain then and his lawyers messed up by missing the date. As petrarose said, there wdn't be summons on a civil case during his criminal trial, it wasn't exactly lowkey.

I hope bain explains what on earth happened at the wma's. Apparently she didn't have a working mobile for the uk during that week?!

You know, Michael once made a simple statement. It carried a lot of weight. That was normal for him. He said...'if you want to be close to me, listen to my music'.

That's all the book i need.

i was looking for a concert that he did, that i bookmarked. i started to look at it, then i paused it, because i had something else to do. Days later, just now, i came back to look at the rest of it...found out it was taken down due to multiple companies, including one in Brunei claiming copyrights to it. So, sadly, it's no more, on Youtube. So..the horndogs said that he was not relevant, time and time again. Due to the never ending lengthening length of the atm users who have always seen him as only that, see him as that, and will, forever, see him as that...these horndogs were the biggest liars on earth. There are no good writers of a book about him. They must Deal with that. They must Find a new subject.. This one is closed. He's the only one who wrote his own good book. It's his music. And his own autobiographical account.
It cannot be said that he had no friends surrounding him, yet there can be a good book written about him by somebody else. No logic in that. It can't be said there's a good book, when he sang, 'No One Understands Me'.
And it can't be said that there is a good book out there by somebody else, when, while he was still here, nobody succeeded in not being salacious, and now, that he's gone, they're all coming out of the woodwork like the termites that they are, conveniently, while he is not here. After all, there is no logic in that.

You mean this one? Probably not, but in case you do...

[youtube]8CIBwReBq6E[/youtube]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About books....

I realize that, besides from facts that can be interesting, most writers describe Michael as how they see him, and maybe not who he really was. Michael showed what he wanted to show and that doesn't necessarily means he showed who he really was and what his real/deepest thoughts were. So if I want an accurate picture of Michael, I don't think I can get it out of a book written by someone else.

But of course that's a personal thing.

[youtube]OPc4vxTt5_M[/youtube]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About books....

I realize that, besides from facts that can be interesting, most writers describe Michael as how they see him, and maybe not who he really was. Michael showed what he wanted to show and that doesn't necessarily means he showed who he really was and what his real/deepest thoughts were. So if I want an accurate picture of Michael, I don't think I can get it out of a book written by someone else.

That may be the concert. I don't know where you got it, but when I tried to Youtube it, I had it, at first, but then, I went back to it, and that sad face that Youtube uses to say 'sorry about that', showed up.
But thanks. I'll take that and look at it, though my statement about all those publishers doesn't change.

Edit...the video won't play for me. It's my country. That's the issue. It plays in the Netherlands, but not the USA.

Last edited:
I don't know what to make of this. We all know that most book publishers want dirt and scandal, and I hope she doesn't give into their demands. It's more likely she's doing this for money and not as any remembrance-tribute to Michael, so anything is possible. The fact that she knew him doesn't negate the possibility of exaggeration and lies in her book. Michael's not here anymore and anyone can write anything. This is not to say that the book will turn out to be garbage, it may end up being great.

With experience, I'll not get too hyped up about it.

For me, if people can say that Michael was a good, caring and loving person who treated people with respect. Who worked hard and was a good friend and father to his kids then that's all I need to know. I am more interested in his ideas for songs and where it came from. I like to know that Michael loved KFC and bubblegum lol. I don't need to know about sex life, his girlfriends and any surgeries he had done. That's personal. I wouldn't want people to know my personal business like that. Michael should have the same privacy as well.

Most people cannot deny his talent and what he contributed. So they look at his personal life, make things up or create crazy stories. People were jealous of Michael and his success. People spend more time on this nonsense than his work and all the good he did. When some people talk to me about Michael they talk about his looks and such before the music. Then he doesn't get the respect he deserves.

Seems like every man and his sheep is releasing books about Michael right now...

If she gives in to demands to write dirt and scandal the book will flop. Fans will never buy any crap about Michael especially written by those people who were part of his life who have so badly betrayed him in the past.

About books....

You know..ironically, that's the great thing. By way of the land of ten thousand stories, and Quincy's famous quote 'paralysis by analysis', it's the same as if nothing at all was said. You're left knowing nothing. You don't know what to choose. And that's good. For those who love him, that doesn't hurt. For those who are his enemies, that's the basis of their anger, bitterness...envy-based hate...and pain.

of course there's the charities, evidenced by the cheques, recorded hospital visits and such. as well as children performing with him on the unforgettable Earth Song WMA 1996 performance...etc.

Last edited:
Raymone wasn't that good to Michael and I'm not surprised that she's writing a book. Fans on this very board said back in 2005 she would one day write a book about him.

:bored2:

Another book.... :blink: :doh: We returned to the epidemic of publication of books about Michael. As I have done with other books (except Joe Vogel), I will not buy this book. -_- I will not waste my money on it. :nono: I know that many fans will buy the book and will post the summary/opinion here.... :fear:

elusive moonwalker;3738962 said:
and he said if there had been no response at all after the date of June 13th, he would have had MJ arrested.
======================

i doubt that is correct. this was a lawsuit i presume filed by bartucci. i doubt a judge can have u arrested in such a case, this wasnt a criminal case like in 03-05 where melvile threatened to revoke bail and have him arrested if he didnt get to court on time

id take utube videos with a pinch of salt as lot are based around conspiract theories or chinese whispers

Yes, it was Joseph Bartucci. The Judge Fallon threatened to hold Michael in contempt of court for not showing up or having his lawyers show up. Bartuci filed his 'case' in November 2004, Michael's 4 lawyers quit on him in April 2005 b/c they claimed he owed them $50,000. Here's what Wikipedia says about contempt of court:

"A finding of contempt of court may result from a failure to obey a lawful order of a court, showing disrespect for the judge, disruption of the proceedings through poor behaviour, or publication of material deemed likely to jeopardize a fair trial. A judge may impose sanctions such as a fine or jail for someone found guilty of contempt of court."

Here's something else on that 'case':

Pop star Michael Jackson was a no-show Wednesday morning in federal court where he or his lawyers were to have told Judge Eldon Fallon the name of the attorney who would be defending him against a lawsuit filed last fall by a Louisiana man who claims the singer imprisoned and sexually assaulted him in 1984.

Local attorneys previously engaged by Jackson — four from New Orelans and one from Baton Rouge — withdrew from the case in April and subsequently sued to collect nearly $50,000 that they say he owes them for legal services.

Jackson's accuser, Joseph Thomas Bartucci Jr., claims he was 18 and in New Orleans with two friends for the 1984 world's fair when a Jackson employee lured him into the singer's limousine. Bartucci claims he was held prisoner, sexually assaulted and battered over nine days during a drive to California and back again.

Bartucci said the memory, so traumatic it was repressed, was revived by TV coverage in 2003 of the alleged child molestation charges of which Jackson was recently acquitted, following a lengthy trial and attendant media circus in California.

On Wednesday Judge Eldon Fallon scheduled an Aug. 17 hearing for Jackson to show cause why he should not be held in contempt of court and a default judgment entered against him.

Entry of a judgment, Fallon said, would be a two-stage process. In the first, the judge would hold Jackson liable for damages Bartucci claims he suffered.

"Default on liability is able to be taken because the pleadings are sufficient to the court's information as to the liability aspect of the case," Fallon said.

After that, the judge said, he would take evidence to decide how much money Jackson should have to pay.

I think the judge threw the case out later, but he was upset that Michael or his lawyer did not show up when they were supposed to.

Last edited:
On Wednesday Judge Eldon Fallon scheduled an Aug. 17 hearing for Jackson to show cause why he should not be held in contempt of court and a default judgment entered against him.
---------------------------------------

he would have lost the case by default for not showing up. as i said i doubt in a civil case a judge would send someone to prison unlike in a criminal case.losing the lawsuit by default would be the punishment for not showing up maybe ivy can clarify but just inregards to the utube video my main comment was taking them with a pinch of salt as they arent always factually correct as from what we can see the judge never threatened mj with arrest only a default judgement which is standard practice. the same happened with bains 45 mill lawsuit. a default judgement was threatened becasue supposedly mj didnt even know about the case

You can go to jail for civil contempt of court however it would be short term and temporary.

For example if a lawyer / witness is disrespecting a judge during a hearing, the judge might start with fining that person and then arrest them and send them to jail until they apologize or for a few days.

so "held in contempt of court" can range anything from monetary fines to short jail time.

If she gives in to demands to write dirt and scandal the book will flop. Fans will never buy any crap about Michael especially written by those people who were part of his life who have so badly betrayed him in the past.

I hope she is paying attention to what is happening to Sullivan's book sales and learn from that.

It's going to be a book about how wonderful SHE is while she worked for Michael.

It's a book about her but she's going to leverage Michael and his kids.

Did anyone ask this woman what this book will be about--her professional relationship with Michael, or the usual ....

Back