Rebbie Jackson's husband Nathaniel Brown passed away

I've only just seen this. Such sad news for the family.

You know, it's funny but we never ever heard anything from or about Nathaniel Brown. He never spoke in public, never used the jackson connection in any public way. I find that fascinating- especially when you consider he was Rebbie's husband even before MJ became famous, probably aged 10 or so. So he's been MJ's brother in law for the whole time MJ was famous- he would have seen all the brothers grow up.

He seems like a deeply religious and moral man. RIP

StrangerI think he was Brown's friend, someone correct me if I am wrong. Rebbie left with her husband very early on & Michael was already in the J5, so in a sense he was already famous, but maybe not global. When the J5 went to LA, Rebbie was already gone, so her husband did not see all of them grow up, since they were not in the same house. Rebbie first went to live in another state. I have to reread Michael's book to remember where.

I was wondering where Nathaniel is buried. I remember the family bought plots next to Michael and was wondering if Nathaniel will be interned there, or maybe those plots or for Michael's immediate family. Did his son say where his dad was interned

Petra, I think the plots you're referring to were bought by the estate and not by Michael's family.

Petrarose..yes I agree he never actually saw MJ grow up as such since they never lived together, but I mean he was his brother in law since mj was 10 and he must have seen him throughout the years at family gatherings. In that sense, he did see Michael grow and become famous.

I just think it's amazing that we never heard from him in 4 decades

Petra, I think the plots you're referring to were bought by the estate and not by Michael's family.

Oh yes that would make sense, since I don't think the family would have money to do that.

^^^^I thought the estate paid the plots, but family wanted them, or was it the estate's idea to buy all 12 plots?

I forgot exactly now^^. Anyway the number bought is more than 3, that is for the three children, so I expect the remaining plots will be for Jackson family members? I am just guessing here. Anyway since the estate bought the plots, it seems the brother in law will be buried elsewhere. May he rest in peace. I wonder if their religion allows them to take flowers to his grave? I know in my family culture, the graves are visited & flowers left even though staff take care of the grounds. Some people even visit once a month, while others on major events like Valentine, Fourth of July, Christmas and so on. I always wonder if Michael's children go and wipe the dust off his resting place and put some fresh flowers monthly. I know staff do these things but I always wonder if the kids were taught to do these things. Let me not derail the thread.

This is so sad. All the best to the family in this very hard situation.

That was a lovely family photo with Paris Jackson in attendance!
12594_468998473158660_1372496694_n.jpg

nathaniel.brown_.jpg

This was kept pretty quiet. Nathaniel Brown, the husband of the eldest Jackson sibling, Rebbie, died during the first week of January. Nathaniel –brother in law of the late Michael Jackson — apparently had a short, brave fight with pancreatic cancer. Considering how public the Jacksons are about everything, there was barely a peep about Nathaniel’s passing.

The news appeared on three or four small websites, and Randy Jackson had a brief notice posted to x17online.com, where he has some sort of deal. (That was the site he used to send out incorrect info about his mother’s “abduction” in July 2012.)

Nathaniel and Rebbie married when she was 18, some 44 years ago. The Browns were always considered the “normal” Jacksons. They had three children–Austin, Stacee, and Yoshi.

Austin Brown posted this on his website:

“I love you Dad.. Thank you for showing me unconditional love and the example of being a good person. You were the greatest man to walk this planet and it now pains me to have to let you go. I will watch over Mom, Stacy, and Yoshi like you asked while doing everything in my power to make you proud. I love you and thank you for being my Dad. Rest in peace.”

According to my sources, Katherine Jackson, Paris and Prince, as well as LaToya attended the funeral. Joseph Jackson skipped his son-in-law’s service because, according to my sources, Nathaniel hated him for allegedly abusing Rebbie when she was young. Brown vocally opposed the Jackson elders for their treatment of their children, says a source. He’d also been very critical of Michael Jackson’s drug use and lifestyle.

Condolences to Rebbie and her kids.

Paris Jackson, 14, did attend the funeral and sent out enigmatic Tweets the day Nathaniel died.

<a class="u-url profile" href="https://twitter.com/ParisJackson"> Paris Jackso&#951; <abbr class="verified" title="Verified Account">&#10004;</abbr> @ParisJackson life is way too precious and way too short
<a class="u-url profile" href="https://twitter.com/ParisJackson"> Paris Jackso&#951; <abbr class="verified" title="Verified Account">&#10004;</abbr> @ParisJackson
i don't say this enough but i love you #MJFam<3 y'all are always looking out for me

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/02/1...rother-in-law-nathaniel-brown-died-in-january

Roger is not aware of what does MJFam means and to whom her tweet was directed:)

Seems Brown was critical of a lot of things ^^ but let's not speak ill of the dead.

Back