RECORD for Rihanna: nets her 12th number one with 'Diamonds'

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Rihanna’s single “Diamonds” off of her album Unapologetic marks her 12th No. 1 single in her successful career.

This feat now places Rihanna in a tie with Madonna and the Supremes for the fourth most No. 1s on the Billboard Hot 100’s history.

MTV News reports that this counts throughout the 54-year history of the Billboard chart.

The 24-year-old Rihanna only follows behind Beatles, who have 20 No. 1s, Mariah Carey (18 No. 1s) and Michael Jackson, who has 13 solo No. 1s.

Another history-making move she made is she’s the fastest female solo artist in the chart’s history to accumulate 12 No. 1 hits.

Billboard reports that she arrived at it in six years and seven months, beating Carey, who arrived there at seven years, one-month, two weeks. It took the Beatles two years, four months and three weeks and the Supremes five years and four months.

Rihanna, however, hasn’t topped the Billboard 200 chart yet. Next week, we will find out if her new album has done so.

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature...-supremes-fourth-most-no-1-hits-billboard-100

http://www.ibtimes.com/rihannas-vic...ow-costume-created-two-hours-show-time-896946

Surpassed Whitney and is tied with Madonna. So sad. Oh well, both Whitney and Madonna's songs are iconic and Rihanna's simply aren't. Who can even name her #1's outside of maybe "Umbrella"?

I can. She cranks out hits. No reason to hate on that.
I think she should take a year break, though.
She's come out with a new album every year for the past 7 years. All had hits, though.

I can't understand , I don't hate her but I really don't like her voice and her singing. Maybe her songs are catchy , but most of her videos are just awful .

I can. She cranks out hits. No reason to hate on that.
I think she should take a year break, though.
She's come out with a new album every year for the past 7 years. All had hits, though.

I'm not hating and you'd be one of the few. I stand by my statement. Rihanna is a label puppet. She has no say in her career. No say in when her albums are produced and dropped. She doesn't write, dance, or even sing very well. She has absolutely no involvement in anything she does other than laying down the vocals. Rihanna is a product. After Def Jam was taken over by Jay Z, she became his pet project. All the hip-hop acts on the label were dropped (ego) and everything was poured in to making her a star. Def Jam LITERALLY relies on Rihanna's singles to stay afloat. That's why Rihanna albums are put out so often. The albums themselves have never sold very well but the singles do. They need them. Also, since Rihanna is a puppet, she has little money of her own and is essentially broke.

And again, this isn't hate. Just fact. Billboard needs to update their system to better reflect the music industry of today. All these records are being smashed and new ones crated because it's easier to score a #1 hit single. Songs of today go for a dollar or less. Back in the day, singles were $3.99 or more. Can you imagine if Michael Jackson or Madonna's music was a dollar at their heights? They would have mopped the floor with everyone even more so than they already did. Rihanna is successful but is in no way comparable to the people she is surpassing in now irrelevant chart stats. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Also, since Rihanna is a puppet, she has little money of her own and is essentially broke.

lol, i wasn't aware you were her accountant and knows what she makes for everything she does.

Your haterade aside, and unfounded knowledge of her bank account, nobody is making money the way they used to in the music business these days.
That's why a lot of more artists are touring more because that's where the real money is at.

lol, i wasn't aware you were her accountant and knows what she makes for everything she does.

Your haterade aside, and unfounded knowledge of her bank account, nobody is making money the way they used to in the music business these days.
That's why a lot of more artists are touring more because that's where the real money is at.

Again, this isn't hate and you have no basis to state so. This isn't personal nor is it an attack on Rihanna. If you're a fan, cool, but it's not as if anything I've said is out of line or completely inaccurate. She is a label puppet and scoring a #1 hit is much easier in the digital age, thanks to iTunes. You can have a #1 that was never played on radio so long as sales are strong enough the first week. You don't agree with my assessment and that's fine, but until then, take this :chillpill: and please stop throwing out unfounded accusations simply because you don't like what I have to say.

http://www.cinemablend.com/pop/Rihanna-Suing-Her-Former-Money-Managers-44314.html

Last edited:
tumblr_m9agdlS9G11r7lepzo1_250.gif

Back