Rethinking Invincible

I'm not talking specifically about who said what and when they said it in this argumet.. But it's very common for people to come out and say things after someone is not around even IF true.. It's not always lies!!

When you worry what that person will feel towards you, you can simply keep shut because you're intent is not to hurt someone when it could... I'll give my mother for example, she has wanted to write a book about her life but has not simply because of how it could impact a couple peoples lives.. She has not told HER story because it will hurt others

It isn't so much the willingness to believe things said about Michael after his death, but rather who is saying them.

Brad Buxer and Bill Bottrell have expressed nothing but praise for Michael over the last six years, aside from brief comments about his songwriting credits (Buxer and SIM) and his attitude during the 1997 sessions (Bottrell).

The Cascios have been kind/respectful but have shown themselves to be deceitful gold diggers.

There is the difference. Not everything should be believed now that Michael is no longer here to defend himself, but not everything should be ignored simply because Michael isn't here to defend himself.

So we are in agreement then. Just because an individual praised Michael when he was alive, it doesn't necessarily mean they speak the truth after his death.

Also, just because a fan may want to give MJ the benefit of the doubt, after death, against one man's word, it doesn't automatically make them a 'Stan'.

I will always have a healthy suspicion of what negative things people say after someone has died.

Have the courage of your convictions to say it to their face when they are alive, or let it be. Any thing else is disingenuous or worse, in my opinion.

Yes when someone comes out and says something that is not in a positive light can be a lie... it can also be the truth... We can't just jump on anyone that says something that isn't "pretty"..

I feel like ANY story that is not positive is attached, dissected, and chastised... Too many try to keep there head in the cloud trying to keep a fluffy belief...

But even the most beautiful cloud is imperfect and can cause a storm..

Yes when someone comes out and says something that is not in a positive light can be a lie... it can also be the truth... We can't just jump on anyone that says something that isn't "pretty"..

I feel like ANY story that is not positive is attached, dissected, and chastised... Too many try to keep there head in the cloud trying to keep a fluffy belief...

Yup that's pretty much what happens here.

I'm not one for blind worship, but I'm also not going to bash Michael on a whim especially when so many untrue and negative things are already seen as fact about him, and definitely not when I know the people consigning the negativity are really only here to spread negativity about Michael because they feel as though people here on an MJ fan site love/like Michael too much.
Michael's fans are critical of negativity about Michael for a reason, and we have a right to be.
Where would the MJ fanbase or Michael's legacy be if we didn't criticize the negativity thrown Michael's way?

Y'all go ahead though.

Last edited:
when I know the people consigning the negativity are really only here to spread negativity about Michael because they feel as though people here on an MJ fan site love/like Michael too much..

I don't feel like people here in general like him "too much" at all, it's just a very, VERY select few. like two people. stop making this bigger than it has to be.

and me posting on MaxJax about two people and cracking a single joke isn't me taking shots at freakin MJ himself, or even MJJC lmao, I love this forum truly.

What I said was a general statement... Even within the fan community we have to watch our words so carefully just so we're not attacked by other fans..

Someone says he had dependency issues... Someone says they believe he went "too far" with plastic surgery... Someone say he lied about something..

Basically you say anything not positive and you're singled out for it.. People are going to have different opinions about him and that's OK... And if someone say he/she not paid for something or not recognized for the work he/she did - should not automatically be attacked cuz what do we know?

There has been plenty of people before and after he passed that mentioned things like this.. and MJ himself has made it pretty clear he did not manage the details of his finances to that level... he's said in a statement that he' sure someone got paid because "He was always smiling" The truth is Mike had no idea If that person was paid.. He had handlers taking care of a lot...

I'm not one for blind worship, but I'm also not going to bash Michael on a whim especially when so many untrue and negative things are already seen as fact about him, and definitely not when I know the people consigning the negativity are really only here to spread negativity about Michael because they feel as though people here on an MJ fan site love/like Michael too much.
Michael's fans are critical of negativity about Michael for a reason, and we have a right to be.
Where would the MJ fanbase be if we didn't criticize the negativity thrown Michael's way.

Y'all go ahead though.

Yes, we're here to spread negativity. Not as if we're just saying what we think or anything. If you honestly believe that I don't know what to say to you. You're the one that keeps mentioning it, like, the only one. Didn't we finish with this?

Yes, we're here to spread negativity. Not as if we're just saying what we think or anything. If you honestly believe that I don't know what to say to you. You're the one that keeps mentioning it, like, the only one. Didn't we finish with this?

Anything to start the argument back up again I suppose. Like that time PDP took shots at Eminem for literally no reason while talking to an Eminem fan?

What I said was a general statement... Even within the fan community we have to watch our words so carefully just so we're not attacked by other fans..

Someone says he had dependency issues... Someone says they believe he went "too far" with plastic surgery... Someone say he lied about something..

Basically you say anything not positive and you're singled out for it.. People are going to have different opinions about him and that's OK... And if someone say he/she not paid for something or not recognized for the work he/she did - should not automatically be attacked cuz what do we know?

There has been plenty of people before and after he passed that mentioned things like this.. and MJ himself has made it pretty clear he did not manage the details of his finances to that level... he's said in a statement that he' sure someone got paid because "He was always smiling" The truth is Mike had no idea If that person was paid.. He had handlers taking care of a lot...

Exactly, I'm honestly glad someone on here understands.

Didn't you say you were done talking to me on like page 9 though. :rofl:
You quoted me, I didn't quote you.

Anything to start the argument back up again I suppose. Like that time PDP took shots at Eminem for literally no reason while talking to an Eminem fan?

And?
I don't like Eminem, I said it to an Eminem fan, and I'd say it again.
Additionally, I quoted KOPV and stated an opinion.
Hardly starting an argument again, but if you think that's my intention I'll let you.

You were clearly talking about me and a few others. Seriously, what age are you? The laughing face is patronising and childish.

It still doesn't change the fact that you quoted me after you said you were done talking to me a few pages back.
Why are you so obsessed with my age?
I never said anybody's username then BadTour87 themselves came out as one of the people I was talking about, and now you have too.
I never said a single Soul's name because it's against the rules, but y'all are exposing yourselves. :/
I wasn't talking to neither one of y'all, yet here both of you are responding to me and quoting me.

It still doesn't change the fact that you quoted me after you said you were done talking to me a few pages back.
I never said anybody's username then BadTour87 themselves came out as one of the people I was talking about, and now you have too.
I never said a single Soul's name because it's against the rules, but y'all are exposing yourselves. :/
I wasn't talking to neither one of y'all, yet here both of you are responding to me and quoting me.

just because you aren't talking directly to us doesn't really make it all okay to subpost us
you were practically ASKING for a reply

Because you consistently act like a 4 year old with your responses on here. If you can't mention people's names then don't allude to them. It's rude. If you want to talk about people quote them. If I'm mentioned in a comment in a negative way, directly, or indirectly, I'm going to respond.

just because you aren't talking directly to us doesn't really make it all okay to subpost us
you were practically ASKING for a reply
How you going to say that about what you think was subpost when people on here including myself are hot topics on that other website. :/
It's really ironic.

Because you consistently act like a 4 year old with your responses on here. If you can't mention people's names then don't allude to them. It's rude. If you want to talk about people quote them. If I'm mentioned in a comment in a negative way, directly, or indirectly, I'm going to respond.
Yes, I'm the one being childish meanwhile you're the one who has personally insulted me multiple times, and talks about MJJC members behind their backs off site.
You truly are the epitome of maturity. :/

How you going to say that about what you think was subpost when people on here including myself are hot topics on that other website. :/
It's really ironic.

its not ironic at all. me and others mention the people we talk about by name, we don't subpost.

It's really ironic.

Yes, I'm the one being childish meanwhile you're the one who has personally insulted me multiple times, and talks about MJJC members behind their backs off site.
You truly are the epitome of maturity. :/

If you act a certain way I'm going to say it. Posting that patronising, rolling laughing face, saying you'd like to "expose" people, subposting about people then being surprised when they respond and "spilling tea" are all very mature and productive ways to have debates and discussions, yes.

Ladies and Gentlemen, perhaps I could mediate here and just say both sides have made some good points and both sides have made mistakes. Find a ballance and a middle path and respect that everyone is different. Both sides of the fence, when taken to extremes is wrong and everyone makes mistakes. Why not call it a truce and except individual responsibility for yourselves. Everyone here is an MJ fan. Peace.

Ladies and Gentlemen, perhaps I could mediate here and just say both sides have made some good points and both sides have made mistakes. Find a ballance and a middle path and respect that everyone is different. Both sides of the fence, when taken to extremes is wrong and everyone makes mistakes. Why not call it a truce and except individual responsibility for yourselves. Everyone here is an MJ fan. Peace.

I wasn't going to say anything else about this. When I'm casually passively mentioned in a post saying I only want to "spread negativity" about MJ as if there's some kind of conspiracy between 3 people here to destroy MJ I'm going to respond.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to say anything else about this. When I'm casually passively mentioned in a post saying I only want to "spread negativity" about MJ as if there's some kind of conspiracy between 3 people here to destroy MJ I'm going to respond.

I think what you originally said here was key; "I'm fine with letting it go." That's a nice gesture. I get why you were irked and appreciate your reply.

Ok it seems kind of heated maybe I can distract you all with my master trickery!

Look at the butterfly

http://i.imgur.com/olAwL.png
That cracked me up! :lol:

Were it not for my love for Michael, I don't know how much longer I could take this :scratch:

Back