Riley Keough, Michael's stepdaughter, sold watch he gave her for only five dollars!!!

barbee0715

Proud Member
I'm not sure if this article is OK in the 2300 Jackson Street thread, but she was Michael's stepdaughter for awhile-so I figure she's family.
I thought the story was funny-that she sold the watch for 5.00, when she could have sold it for thousands and thousands later on after she grew up. She's turned out to be quite beautiful-looks like her mother, and Lisa was a gorgeous replica of Priscilla with Elvis's mouth.

<header id="a-headers" style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: -4px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 21px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Elvis Presley&#8217;s granddaughter Riley Keough says she wants to create her own legacy, poses for sexy Esquire photoshoot

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 3:18 PM

</header><article itemprop="articleBody" style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: border-box; clear: both; position: relative; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 21px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><figure class="a-image v" style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px 30px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; min-height: 40px; position: relative; float: left; width: 400px; box-sizing: border-box; background: transparent;">
riley18f-4-web.jpg
PHOTOGRAPHED BY MAGDALENA WOSINS
Riley Keough, the famous granddaughter of Elvis Presley, talks about wanting to create her own legacy in the March issue of Esquire.

</figure>
Apparently being related to both Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson isn't quite the "Thriller" you'd expect it to be.
Just ask model and budding film star Riley Keough.
"People always ask, 'How crazy is it that your grandpa was Elvis and your stepdad was Michael Jackson?'" she tells Esquire magazine in its new March issue. "I make them happy and say, 'Yeah, it's soooo crazy!' But actually, I don't think about it, ever."
The 26-year-old beauty seems far more interested in carving out her own legacy instead of just riding on the coattails of her musically royal relatives.
After all, her iconic grandfather died a dozen years before she was born.
&#8220;The reality is I know as much about my grandpa as you'd know about a grandpa you never met," she told the magazine.
But that&#8217;s not to say she&#8217;s ever deliberately tried to escape the spotlight cast by her famous relatives. She just simply wants to provide for herself.
&#8220;I always wanted to have my own money &#8212; not my family&#8217;s money,&#8221; she said. &#8220;I don&#8217;t think any of it had to do with me being Elvis&#8217; granddaughter. None of my drive was &#8216;I need to get away from my family legacy.&#8217;&#8221;
<figure class="a-image " style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; min-height: 40px; position: relative; float: left; width: 158px; height: 188px; overflow: hidden; box-sizing: border-box; background: transparent;"></figure><figure class="a-image " style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 1px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; min-height: 40px; position: relative; float: left; width: 158px; height: 188px; overflow: hidden; box-sizing: border-box; background: transparent;"></figure><figure class="a-image " style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 1px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; min-height: 40px; position: relative; float: left; width: 158px; height: 188px; overflow: hidden; box-sizing: border-box; background: transparent;"></figure><figure class="a-image " style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 1px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; min-height: 40px; position: relative; float: left; width: 158px; height: 188px; overflow: hidden; box-sizing: border-box; background: transparent;"></figure>
VIEW GALLERY
Star spawn: Fame runs in the family

Keough, whose mother is the &#8220;Hound Dog&#8221; singer&#8217;s only child Lisa Marie Presley, says she originally started saving up money so she could pay her own way to film school.
The actress recalls working for a local jewelry store when she was younger, and she says she even once added to her funds by selling a gift given to her by her famous stepdad.
<figure class="a-image h" style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; min-height: 40px; position: relative; width: 635px; box-sizing: border-box; background: transparent;">
riley18f-1-web.jpg
PHOTOGRAPHED BY MAGDALENA WOSINSKA FOR ESQUIRE
The actress also opens up about her budding film career and explains why she's always wanted to make her own money.

</figure>
"I remember this Disney watch that Michael gave me," she said. "I think I sold that for five (dollars)."
Her dreams of attending film school never ended up actually materializing, but that hasn&#8217;t stopped her from earning roles in major blockbusters such as &#8220;Magic Mike&#8221; and &#8220;Mad Max&#8221; in recent years.
<figure class="a-image h" style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; min-height: 40px; position: relative; width: 635px; box-sizing: border-box; background: transparent;">
riley-keough-esquire-magazine.jpg
PHOTOGRAPHED BY MAGDALENA WOSINSKA FOR ESQUIRE
Keough is also the stepdaughter of Michael Jackson.

She&#8217;s hopeful her on-screen career will continue to blossom &#8211; but only if that means she gets to appear in movies she truly cares about.</figure>"You don't have to go on things you don't want to go on," she said. "I don't care if I do one movie every two years. That's important."
With PETER SBLENDORIO

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...aughter-riley-keough-legacy-article-1.2535144
</article>

EX-stepdaughter. She should stick to pimping her grandfather's name to grab media attention than a former stepfather that really wasn't that much of an influence in her life. Selling a gift (especially on the cheap) is somewhat disrespectful to the giver imho.

^^I believe she was a kid when she did it. And to be fair, she's not the one going around saying she's Michael's ex-stepdaughter-that's the media.
She's said really nice things about their time with Michael when questioned about it. Really nice. So I don't have problems with those kids.

^^I believe she was a kid when she did it. And to be fair, she's not the one going around saying she's Michael's ex-stepdaughter-that's the media.
She's said really nice things about their time with Michael when questioned about it. Really nice. So I don't have problems with those kids.

Well, I find it odd that she'd still be considered "family" when she's not. For instance, I don't consider my EX-sister-in-law as family, because she's not, lol! That ship sailed when my brother divorced her. Anywho, as for my comment about selling gifts, I'm admittedly sentimental and view it as tacky to do that. It's almost like selling the LOVE behind the gift, too.

I don't think it's wrong to sell/give away something you aren't going to use and is just taking up space. Some people just don't put emotional value in objects.

As long as you aren't mean to the person who gave you the present, of course (like, telling them that was a crappy present or something like that). :p

Yes, Riley has always said nice things about MJ - including before his death.

I remember early 2009 an interviewer tried to get her say negative things about MJ but she refused.

Q: Have you recently seen your former stepfather, Michael Jackson?
A: No. I have no contact with him.
Q: What about bad memories?
A: No, no, oh no. All good.

I have seen her Instagram and she was getting a lot of flak from Elvis fans because she did not write anything about Elvis' birthday and they take it as if she doesn't respect him or something which is stupid. It kind of reminded me of the stupid things MJ fans tell Paris on her Insta. I guess stans will be stans.

^^Really?? That is so pathetic. I guess I can understand why Riley would have a public account since she's an adult and an actress. But don't understand why Paris does.
I don't understand why fans harass people like that.

Back