Robbie Williams - Reality Killed the Video Star

Alec

Proud Member
So how do you guys like the new album?

reality_killed_the_video_star.jpg

TBH I've never been a big fan of his music... but this album blew me away. Excellent production, timeless melodies. Didn't expect such a solid effort at all. It's much, much better than Rudebox.

My favorite tracks so far:
Bodies (has a kind of Is It Scary? feel to it)
You Know Me
Last Days Of Disco
Deceptacon
Starstruck (fantasatic lyrics)

Last edited:
I've heard only Bodies and Morning Sun this far. But I'll get that as soon as possible. :)

^ Me too I've only heard Bodies and Morning Sun but I like them both.
So Morning Sun is really MJ tribute?

So how do you guys like the new album?

reality_killed_the_video_star.jpg

TBH I've never been a big fan of his music... but this album blew me away. Excellent production, timeless melodies. Didn't expect such a solid effort at all. It's much, much better than Rudebox.

My favorite tracks so far:
Bodies (has a kind of Is It Scary? feel to it)
You Know Me
Last Days Of Disco
Deceptacon
Starstruck (fantasatic lyrics)
Morning Sun (MJ tribute...)
How is Morning Sun an MJ tribute? It's not very flattering if it is, in terms of lyrics.

I'm thinking of getting this, people please keep letting us know if it's any good. :D

there is no mj tribute on this album. this was purely tabloid rumour.

However, i got the album yesterday and its fantastic. very personal album for robbie and quite deep. But also some class tunes !!

favourites on the album are You Know Me, Morning Sun, Last Days Of Disco, Difficult For Weirdos and Blasphemy :)

mon the robbie !

there is no mj tribute on this album. this was purely tabloid rumour.

However, i got the album yesterday and its fantastic. very personal album for robbie and quite deep. But also some class tunes !!

favourites on the album are You Know Me, Morning Sun, Last Days Of Disco, Difficult For Weirdos and Blasphemy :)

mon the robbie !

Yeah, just read that too... my bad :) I just made this topic after my first few listens and wanted to let you all know how good this album is. I still enjoy it very much, probably my personal favourite of the year. Though I didn't expect it at all as I don't follow Robbies work... awesome album. Check it out-you won't be disappointed!

In regards to the "MJ tribute", I thought that Robbie had decided to put "reality killed the video star" on the album as a tribute to MJ, because he didn't have time to write a whole new song?

Starstruck is awesome. The best song in whole album. Last Days of Disco is good also and Bodies.

I don't know why but in few songs I imagine that Robbie Williams is like Michael in Rock With You's video. :D

by Tom Eames October 26, 2018 Smooth Radio

Super producer Trevor Horn is tackling some of the greatest 1980s pop tunes for a new album.
Trevor Horn Reimagines The 80s will be released on February 1, and sees Horn and various pop legends take on some favourite songs from the decade.

Seal, All Saints, Matt Cardle, Gabrielle Aplin and Tony Hadley are among the stars who will appear on the album, which features new versions of 'Ashes To Ashes', 'Girls On Film' and 'Blue Monday' among others.

The album’s opening track and first single is a cover of 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World' by Tears for Fears, and features Robbie Williams and The Sarm Orchestra. Listen to the song below:
[video=youtube;LXuJ9knESmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXuJ9knESmY[/video]

Speaking about working on the album Trevor said: "The best thing about making this album was all the fun and laughter that came from hanging out with musicians and artists that I haven’t seen for years."

Trevor Horn is the mastermind behind many classic songs, including 'Video Killed the Radio Star', 'Relax' and 'Owner of a Lonely Heart'. He also produced Robbie's 2009 album Reality Killed the Video Star.

Here’s the full tracklist:

Everybody Wants To Rule The World (feat Robbie Williams)
Dancing In The Dark (feat Gabrielle Aplin)
Ashes To Ashes (feat Seal)
Girls On Film (feat Girls Aloud)
The Power Of Love (feat Matt Cardle)
Brothers In Arms (feat Jim Kerr)
Different For Girls (feat Steve Hogarth)
Slave To The Rhythm (feat Rumer)
What’s Love Got To Do With It (feat Tony Hadley)
Owner Of A Lonely Heart
Take On Me
Blue Monday (feat Jimmy Wood)

Back