Robert Downey Jr walks out of interview after being asked too many personal questions

analogue

Proud Member
Good for him. I wish that Michael would have done this

That interviewer reminds me a lot of Martin Bashir

Last edited:
Well done Robert:clapping:
Robert was on his promotional tour giving interviews regarding movie that is coming out.
He didn't sign for in-depth interview of his past drug use or the time when he was in jail, he was supposed to be talking about the movie. That interviewer was an asshole for trying to make the interview more than it was, and Robert wasn't the first person to walk out his interview.
--------------------------------------------
Channel 4 reporter Krishnan Guru-Murthy strikes again as another star reacts badly to his line of questioning.

Avengers: Age of Ultron star Robert Downey Jr walked out of an interview with Guru-Murthy when the interviewer persisted in asking questions about the star's previous problems with drugs and alcohol and asked about his father.

Downey Jr appeared to be blind-sided by the personal questions as he was being interviewed as part of the press junket for Avengers: Age of Ultron, in which he plays Iron Man.
At one point he asked the interviewer, "Are we promoting a movie?"

Asked about a New York Times interview where he said you could not go to jail and "come out a liberal", he replied to Guru-Murthy "I could pick that apart for two hours and be no closer to the truth than giving you some half-arsed answer right now.

"I couldn't even tell you what a liberal is."

When the personal questions continued and he was asked about his relationship with his father, Downey Jr upped and left, saying, "I'm sorry, I really don't ... what are we doing?"

Downey Jr is not the first Hollywood star to be upset by Guru-Murthy's interview technique - last year director Quentin Tarantino objected to his line of questioning.

He said: "I'm not your slave and you are not my master. You can't make me dance to your tune. I'm not a monkey."

-----------------------------------------------------

Well Robert Downey Jr. did the right thing. That idiot just went to far and it's none of his business asking personal questions.

LOL, he said at the end "it's just getting a little Diane Sawyer".

Robert Downey Jr. Calls British Journalist a 'Bottom-Feeding Muckraker' and 'Syphilitic Parasite'

Robert Downey Jr. only has one regret regarding that super weird interview he walked out on last week: "I just wish I'd left sooner."
If you need a refresher, The Avengers: Age of Ultron star was talking with Britain's Channel 4 News about the upcoming film when interviewer Krishnan Guru-Murthy took the conversation in a very uncomfortable direction. Guru-Murthy randomly started asking Downey, 50, about the "dark periods" of his past and his political views after prison.

Robert sat there awkwardly for a few minutes and attempted to give Guru-Murthy a sound bite before eventually getting up and leaving because it was "getting a little Diane Sawyer in here."

RDJ was in a much more cheerful mood on Tuesday while talking to Howard Stern where he addressed the incident.

"Here's the thing, I'm one of those guys who I'm always assuming the social, kind of decorum is in play and that we're promoting a super hero movie. A lot of kids are going to see it, and this has nothing to do with your creepy dark agenda that I'm feeling all of a sudden like, ashamed and obligated to accommodate your weirdo s--t," he said. "I just realized too I'm a 50-year-old guy… I'm completely unevolved when it comes down to simple boundaries, like, 'You know what? You're weirding me out, you are a bottom-feeding muckraker.'"

The sitdown unfortunately happened to be Robert's first interview of that particular day: "I didn't know what to expect, and I go, 'You dummy, what do you think, do you think you are in Gumbaya land?”

He continued, "The assumption is that there's a button, that because you’ve sat down there you're going to be scrutinized like you're a kiddie fiddler who’s running for mayor.

“What I have to do in the future is I have to give myself permission to say, ‘That is more than likely a syphilitic parasite, and I need to distance myself from this clown,'" he concluded. "Otherwise, I’m probably going to put hands on somebody, and then there’s a real story."

Consider yourself warned, randomly invasive journalists.
--------------

Robert was awesome :clapping:

From now on, my pet name for that kind of journalists is "syphilitic parasite" :rofl:

The interviewer has a history of trying to enrage his interviewees so that he has some kind of banal 'story.'

Downey Jr., as well as anyone else has a right not to be reduced to just a dark time in his life.

Hoping more people will establish clear boundaries when interviewed. Downey Jr. did try signaling him don't go there in a nice way, dude ignored it, et voila.

For some reason people in the public eye are always expected to be extremely forthcoming with people they never met, as most of us would react this way if someone just walked up to us and decided to confront us on something that is simply none of their business.

what a fackin wuss, the pansyboy couldnt handle the tough questions. Gee lets ask him for the zillonth time whats your favorite color or whats it like working with this plastic faced Scarjo

I could even watch the whole thing because like Downey, I'm like ??what the heck does this even have to do with the movie?

what a fackin wuss, the pansyboy couldnt handle the tough questions. Gee lets ask him for the zillonth time whats your favorite color or whats it like working with this plastic faced Scarjo

He wasn't there to answer personal questions. He was there to promote a movie

Last edited:
He wasn't there to answer personal questions. He was there to promote a movie

People can ask whatever questions they want, but it doesn't mean they also deserve antworten. "Journalists" and "concerned citizens" can ask whatever embarrassing and highly personal questions which can be passed for "public" interest, but it doesn't mean public figures have to oblige and dignify such intrusions and invasions of privacy.

The interviewer has a history of trying to enrage his interviewees so that he has some kind of banal 'story.'

Downey Jr., as well as anyone else has a right not to be reduced to just a dark time in his life.

Hoping more people will establish clear boundaries when interviewed. Downey Jr. did try signaling him don't go there in a nice way, dude ignored it, et voila.

For some reason people in the public eye are always expected to be extremely forthcoming with people they never met, as most of us would react this way if someone just walked up to us and decided to confront us on something that is simply none of their business.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

I hate this actor with a passion. The worst personality ever! Arrogant as ****! lol

I hate this actor with a passion. The worst personality ever! Arrogant as ****! lol

Really? That's going a little far. There are/were people in the word like The Chandlers, The Arvios, Tom Sneddon, Dianne Diamond, Martin Bashir, Wade Robson, James Safechuck. To say that Robert Downey Jr has ''the worst personality ever'' is simply untrue

Really? That's going a little far. There are/were people in the word like The Chandlers, The Arvios, Tom Sneddon, Dianne Diamond, Martin Bashir, Wade Robson, James Safechuck. To say that Robert Downey Jr has ''the worst personality ever'' is simply untrue

In my opinion, he is the most snobbish and pompous actor in HOLLYWOOD! No question about it. lol TBH, I can't believe I actually own one of his movies on Blu-Ray. That's Natural Born Killers.

Back