Rolling Stones are a DISGRACE!!!

The band? Like Mick Jagger?
Yes, I'm just guessing though, I don't know if Jagger and co ever said anything negative. I know Mick was jealous of Thriller's success in the 80s and I know they didn't get along well when recording state of shock.

It would be kind of backwards to state the opposite lol He has been praised for his singing since age 9 or so.
Mick is a rock star. They don't really play by the rules. If he didn't like Michael's voice I'm sure he would let us know, lol.

Mick is a rock star. They don't really play by the rules. If he didn't like Michael's voice I'm sure he would let us know, lol.
Maybe Michael had his zoo in the studio, I mean I wouldn't particularly enjoy the recording session either

I'm pretty sure none of the rolling stones have anything positive to say about MJ either so the thread title can stand ;)
I don't think that's true, but Keith Richards generally doesn't have anything nice to say about a lot of performers (including Mick Jagger at times), lol. Elton John is sometimes like that too. Keith called hip hop "nursery rhymes" and people who like rap music are tone deaf. Mick Jagger has done collabos with rappers. I don't know if Keith said anything about Mike though, but he did call Prince an "overated midget". So I guess it wasn't Keith's idea to have Prince open up for the Stones in 1981.

Funny little anecdote from Ronnie Wood.

"Ronnie Wood and Toots Hibbert reminisce about Michael Jackson, with Ronnie meeting him on the Dick Clark Show as part of The Jackson 5, and Keith Richards meeting him nearer to his death.This clip is taken from The Ronnie Wood Show, an award-winning TV series first broadcast on Sky Arts. Every episode features top artists joining Ronnie for impromptu jamming, lively chat and reminiscing about the wild days of rock'n'roll."

55s

Maybe Michael had his zoo in the studio, I mean I wouldn't particularly enjoy the recording session either
"While Jagger should be grateful to Jackson for asking him to collaborate, his experience of the recording session was a memory he’d rather forget. Speaking to the New York Times, The Stones singer recounted: “He had the two of us practice scales for two hours and then we recorded the vocals in two takes.

“When he sent the finished track to me later I was kind of disappointed in the production and the mix. But I think he’s a really good singer,” Jagger added."

Funny little anecdote from Ronnie Wood.

"Ronnie Wood and Toots Hibbert reminisce about Michael Jackson, with Ronnie meeting him on the Dick Clark Show as part of The Jackson 5, and Keith Richards meeting him nearer to his death.This clip is taken from The Ronnie Wood Show, an award-winning TV series first broadcast on Sky Arts. Every episode features top artists joining Ronnie for impromptu jamming, lively chat and reminiscing about the wild days of rock'n'roll."

55s

That's was funny. I'm surprised he recognized Keith. There is a story going around where Michael didn't know one of the Metallica members when he went up to talk to him.
I wonder what else they talked about.

@DuranDuran I have the disliking of rapper in common with Keith

That's was funny. I'm surprised he recognized Keith. There is a story going around where Michael didn't know one of the Metallica members when he went up to talk to him.

Oh, I've seen that clip. IIRC, he was with Mac Culkin and they said hello to the Metallica guy. Or, no, the guy introduced himself to Michael and Michael kept calling the band 'Metallic'. Or something. Only saw it once, can't remember it properly.

@DuranDuran I have the disliking of rapper in common with Keith
Different clip to the one I saw but same story.

2m 7s

In the clip I saw (which I cannot find) this anecdote was also included:

"However, the crazy thing was I got an autographed photo from him a week later in the mail. It was the craziest thing and I didn’t know how he got my address. In the photo, he was with a panther and wrote from Michael Jackson to Kirk.

And just to close the circle, let's not forget, Paris skipped her high school prom to go to a Metallica gig.

Rock chick! :D

Rolling Stone placed Cosby's concert film Bill Cosby: Himself as number 8 on its list of "The 25 Best Stand-Up Specials of All Time",[151] acknowledging the significance of the film while still saying: "Yes, it's damned near impossible to watch anything the tainted comedian has done and not think of the headlines, the heckling, the revelations and what is, by any definition, monstrous behavior." They also placed Cosby at number 8 on their list of "The Best Stand-up Comics Of All Time",[152] saying: "Bill Cosby is not likely to perform again; listening to his records will never have that gentle, sweet sense of nostalgia for anyone; and while it is impossible to disconnect the performer from the man, scrubbing his name from the annals of stand-up would be impossible."

I think this is a bigger problem with Rolling Stone. Too much separating art from the artist. They actually prefer messy stained artists.

Is this about 'Rolling Stone' or about 'The Rolling Stones'?
Anyway Mick Jagger obviously lliked Michael Jackson, since he did a duet with him..duh

Rolling Stone placed Cosby's concert film Bill Cosby: Himself as number 8 on its list of "The 25 Best Stand-Up Specials of All Time",[151] acknowledging the significance of the film while still saying: "Yes, it's damned near impossible to watch anything the tainted comedian has done and not think of the headlines, the heckling, the revelations and what is, by any definition, monstrous behavior." They also placed Cosby at number 8 on their list of "The Best Stand-up Comics Of All Time",[152] saying: "Bill Cosby is not likely to perform again; listening to his records will never have that gentle, sweet sense of nostalgia for anyone; and while it is impossible to disconnect the performer from the man, scrubbing his name from the annals of stand-up would be impossible."

I think this is a bigger problem with Rolling Stone. Too much separating art from the artist. They actually prefer messy stained artists.
The Cosby Show was the most popular TV show during the 1980s (in the USA). I don't think that can really be ignored. That would be like pretending Thriller or The Beatles didn't exist. Bill Cosby is also important in a Black historical way. He was the first Black actor to be a lead on a TV show drama in the USA, with I Spy. His comedy records sold well during the 1960s, the Fat Albert cartoon was popular in the 1970s, and so were his TV commercials for stuff like Jello. He had crossed over to the mainstream in a way that other comedians before him like Moms Mabley couldn't. Moms did get some popularity with the white audience in her old age though. Before that she was mostly on the chitlin' circuit.

The Cosby Show was the most popular TV show during the 1980s (in the USA). I don't think that can really be ignored. That would be like pretending Thriller or The Beatles didn't exist. Bill Cosby is also important in a Black historical way. He was the first Black actor to be a lead on a TV show drama in the USA, with I Spy. His comedy records sold well during the 1960s, the Fat Albert cartoon was popular in the 1970s, and so were his TV commercials for stuff like Jello. He had crossed over to the mainstream in a way that other comedians before him like Moms Mabley couldn't. Moms did get some popularity with the white audience in her old age though. Before that she was mostly on the chitlin' circuit.
You can say the accolades of many great artists and how they can't be ignored, and they can't. But would they ever consider doing so?

It's just that we're not talking about a great artist who was confirmed guilty, we're talking about someone who wasn't. So why force them to be guilty because of accusations? Because it's just another day in the office for separating the art, from the artist.

And obviously you can't go to bat for a disgraced artist, but the cynicism of things is just too much sometimes.

Back