Rumor of Michael's contract

Zakk

Proud Member
Last night, it was brought to my attention that their might be a hand written contract by Michael himself with the choice to lock away all of the original masters of his concerts, including Film Reels from the 1987-1989 BAD World Tour, and that is the reason we got the VHS of wembley instead. With this contract no High Def or Super High Qual show can ever be released, as Michael can't end it anymore. And that seriously breaks my heart :cry: what are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Re: Michael's Contract

Interesting...
Where did you hear about this ? And wouldn't the Estate be able to override this or something ?

Interesting...
Where did you hear about this ? And wouldn't the Estate be able to override this or something ?

it's Michael's personal contract and signature, the estate went against his wishes to even release the VHS! "TheMJQuotes" on twitter, I think he got the info from Birchey so, goodbye High Def dream :cry:

That's what happens when you set your hopes up. Luckily I didn't :)

That's what happens when you set your hopes up. Luckily I didn't :)

I didn't think it would be at the extent of Michael locking away his best shows in top 35mm film quality just because he wasn't fully satisfied with his performance though

But now Estate owns everything so they can release concerts from the film reels. I'm sure they have access to all material Michael left in warehouses.

it's Michael's personal contract and signature, the estate went against his wishes to even release the VHS! "TheMJQuotes" on twitter, I think he got the info from Birchey so, goodbye High Def dream :cry:

It was good that they released it and I hope they will release many concerts in the future.

But now Estate owns everything so they can release concerts from the film reels. I'm sure they have access to all material Michael left in warehouses.

fairly sure Michael signed the contract with John Branca and Sony! even if they did have the film reels (which exist!!!! *.*) it would be disrespectful going against his wishes for the second time!

fairly sure Michael signed the contract with John Branca and Sony! even if they did have the film reels (which exist!!!! *.*) it would be disrespectful going against his wishes for the second time!

I don't think so. That should not be a reason to not release new material. It would be crazy to not release Michael Jackson concert in HD if it is possible.

And what MJQuotes says could be just speculation. :)

all I know is that their are for sure two wembley shows, Liverpool and a U.S show or two from the BAD Tour 1988 on 35mm, and that's what I wanna see digitised and released in a 30th anniversary Blu-Ray/DVD & CD (wembley 15th & 16th) Package :)

Well some people might argue that releasing an album with three questionable songs, and music videos with subpar quality is disrespectful.

In all honesty i find it quite hard to believe that this supposed letter will stop any future plans for MJ material.

Well some people might argue that releasing an album with three questionable songs, and music videos with subpar quality is disrespectful.

In all honesty i find it quite hard to believe that this supposed letter will stop any future plans for MJ material.

why do you think they didnt use the film reels in the archive huh? why do you think they didnt mention any of them? because michael locked them away. thats why they could only ''find'' (which isnt true) based on fact as revealed by the sound recording engineer for the wembley shows tthe july 16th vhs.

I'm sure that they can use the film reels if they want to. They used unseen film material for Another Part Of Me in Bad 25 so nothing is preventing them from using it. It would be great to hear from Estate about them and what they have.

I'm sure that they can use the film reels if they want to. They used unseen film material for Another Part Of Me in Bad 25 so nothing is preventing them from using it. It would be great to hear from Estate about them and what they have.

theyre in michael's archive, where patrick kelley placed them at the end of the tour, each show that was shot on film :)

Michael wanted to be seen as the greatest entertainer and he wanted his work to live on.
Why would he prevent future fans to see his performances?

Michael wanted to be seen as the greatest entertainer and he wanted his work to live on.
Why would he prevent future fans to see his performances?

maybe becuase he wasnt satisfied with his performances, he was a perfectionist, of course i hope we see at least one full hd show from the 1988 leg of the BAD World Tour. but to me, it seems unlikely now :(

Sounds like more nonsense.

And even if true, is irrelevant since he passed.

Sounds like more nonsense.

And even if true, is irrelevant since he passed.

it is actually relevant if it is true, maybe michael signed a contract for it never to be released, the contract (if true) still stands even with john branca in charge. so more than likely is that we will never see a full hd show from the BAD Tour even tho, 35mm shows exist.

We don't have any real info that contract like that exist. It is most likely just fan speculation so don't take it as a truth. :)

we should contact the executors and see what the deal is with the 35mm films :)

I want you to sit and think about how ridiculous the idea of this make-believe contract sounds, even more so now that he has passed.

If Michael didn´t want anyone to see it ,why didn´t he write in his will that they should be destroyed after his death?

Personally i do not believe this at all. If Michael didn't want them released.. he would have had them destroyed.

I wish the estate would make some announcement or something that listed material (Songs,Films,Etc..) they have so that way all of these ridiculous "there is nothing left in the vault" and "no film reels exist" or stories like this would stop..

Absolutely not. Why would he pay for all all this stuff to be filmed or taped and then just destroy it. Regardless if he ever wanted it released or not. It would stay in a lockup, but not destroyed. That's being a little over dramatic.

Absolutely not. Why would he pay for all all this stuff to be filmed or taped and then just destroy it. Regardless if he ever wanted it released or not. It would stay in a lockup, but not destroyed. That's being a little over dramatic.

i wasnt the one who said their is a contract, it was ''themjquotes'' on twitter.

That comment was mostly at everyone.

Michael wanted to destroy the thriller video do to his religion before it was released, after spending all that money... but decided to put a message at the beginning instead. If Michael doesn't want something released.. he will see that it is not released.. if such a contract did exist, the estate would have already verified this when all the Wembley drama was going down.

That comment was mostly at everyone.

i was just saying, people calling me names because of what ive been told is rude (not referring to you) i respect your opinions :)

I wouldn't call you names. Maybe naive, but that's the extent of it.

Michael wanted to destroy the thriller video do to his religion before it was released, after spending all that money... but decided to put a message at the beginning instead. If Michael doesn't want something released.. he will see that it is not released.. if such a contract did exist, the estate would have already verified this when all the Wembley drama was going down.

Even that's weird.
I'm so glad he (mostly) got away from all that religion crazyness.
You can still believe in a god but not have to follow all the rules of a particular religion and be a good person (ESPECIALLY Jehovahs Witnesses... lawd, they don't want ANYTHING to do with fun.)

I never answer the door when those people with the pamphlets come by. And it happens weekly! :D

Sorry but the Estate has full control. They can change and even make a new contract if they wish. They revised his creditor contracts and others. They were given full control under MJ's will to make any decisions to further Michael Estate and legacy. But myself I wouldn't believe it or even spread such a thing unless I seen for for myself. Which you did not. So why make such a claim as if it is fact.

Do you believe everything someone says about MJ on twitter or elsewhere with no PROOF? If there was such a contract it would be posted and all over the fan base by now. I for one don't believe it until I see it. Also even if such a contract existed it could have been changed at a later date if an addendum was added to it at another or another contract was written to replace the original.

Back