Sam Smith new Bond Song. The lyrics and why it sounds like Michaels Earth Song

^^Jeez talk about the 80s!! :p

First one felt very Bond. Interesting to see how that 'Bond' feel evolves over the years actually. Thanks :)

^^Nice. Didn't realize Gladys sang a James Bond song. It seems like the goal with each one is to try to top 'Goldfinger'. Prob never gonna happen.

And speaking of Sir Paul, he is still rocking it with his big hit single, "Live and Let Die."

("Live and Let Die" was the first James Bond theme song to be nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song (garnering McCartney his second Academy Award nomination and Linda her first), but lost to the theme song from The Way We Were.)

Bond girl's a fan of Michael. Sweet :D. So, I saw the movie and tbh I don't hear the similarities in Sam Smith's song with Earth Song. Not a bad song, but not great. Not very memorable. Adele's Skyfall was awesome though.

tbh I don't hear the similarities in Sam Smith's song with Earth Song. Not a bad song, but not great. Not very memorable. Adele's Skyfall was awesome though.

Sums up my feelings tbh (though I haven't seen the film yet).

In fact I played the song a number of times around its release to try and hear the Earth Song thing (on top of the once or twice to actually hear it for the first few times) and I can't for the life of me remember how it goes. I'm indifferent to Sam Smith's music but wow, what a forgettable song imho. Skyfall is the exact opposite :)

Oscars 2016: Sam Smith dedicates original song win to LGBT community
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/28/oscars-2016-sam-smith-oscar-lgbt

Twice is nice for Sam Smith. He and songwriting partner Jimmy Napes picked up the Academy Award for Best Original Song for “Writing’s on the Wall,” after winning the same honor at January’s Golden Globes.

In an upset, Smith beat out frontrunner Lady Gaga for the win, and went on to dedicate his award to the LGBT community, citing actor Ian McKellen’s recent comments about gay people being underrepresented at the Oscars.

“I stand here tonight as a proud gay man, and I hope we can all stand together as equals one day,” Smith said in his speech.

The “Stay With Me” singer is the second Bond-theme crooner to win this distinction, the other being Adele’s megahit ballad for 2012’s Skyfall. (Adele was the only nominee to perform at the 85th Oscars when she won the statuette; Smith was one of three nominees to do so during Sunday’s Oscars.)

“Writing’s on the Wall” bested Lady Gaga’s “Til It Happens to You” from the documentary The Hunting Ground; “Simple Song #3” by David Lang from Youth; “Earned It” by The Weeknd from Fifty Shades of Grey; and the J. Ralph/Antony Hegarty effort “Manta Ray” for Racing Extinction.

31AC994B00000578-0-image-m-3_1456722790661.jpg

VIDEO: http://www.theguardian.com/film/vid...or-best-original-song-to-lgbt-community-video

<iframe src="https://embed.theguardian.com/embed/video/film/video/2016/feb/29/sam-smith-dedicates-oscar-for-best-original-song-to-lgbt-community-video" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fair play to him but it's the blandest bond song in a long time. One thing you couldn't say about Madonna's abomination was say it was bland.

NB just to clarify, Madonna's was absolutely horrific.

I listened to the song. Rythmically, it's the same as ES, but the melody is different. The piano goes like tone-crotchet-crotchet-crotchet-tone-crotchet-crotchet-crotchet-tone...

Back