Self-defense

Word Smith Sr

Proud Member
Hey kids how are you ? :)

I searched a thread for self-defense/martial arts but did not find any, as a result, i thought i'd create one. Feel free to talk about the martial art you practise (or used to practise), and how much it helped you in real life confrontations. You can also post tutorial videos.

I think it's my turn. I have not really practised anything. A few kickboxing sessions when i was 15 or something (i stopped because i did not like the coach and did not care anymore) and a few sessions of muay thai (maybe 3 or 4) two years ago or something like that (stopped because of health issues). In a few years, when i have time i will most likely try boxing, krav maga and brazilian jiu jitsu. What you guys will say about the martial art you practise will help me make up mind.

PLEASE do not post videos with knockouts or blood otherwise the moderators will close the thread for sure. No graphic videos please.

Here are two self defense videos by a funny former professional fighter you most likely know, Bas Rutten aka "El Guapo" lol, for the first one fast forward to 1:41:

Last edited:
What a waste that this thread is not progressing as it could... Pretty nice thing to talk about :)

I was a bit of a whizz at Karate when I was little!

2531_1106145046351_1008536642_30350574_2544617_n.jpg

:ninja:

EDIT: I'm on the right if you didn't guess which :p

lol that is cute.
Reminds me of my big bro who practiced Taekwondo at that age but I still managed to kick his a*s somehow :laugh: We were only playing of course :p

@ thrillerchild: I guess I missed the pic, it disappeared. :)

@ Lucilla: Lol, I wish the "fight" was on youtube. :)

Kelly McCann (aka Jim Grover) is a very good instructor. I'm currently watching a 3-dvd set of his I just bought called "Combatives for Street Survival". He released other dvds and books. Here's an interview link + 2 self-defense tips. :)

http://www.acdsbelgium.org/interviews/kelly-mccann-english

Lee Morrison is very good too. He's released dvds as well. Here's an interview + 2 self-defense tips. :)

Last edited:
the best defense is concealed carry weapon, dont let the liberals take your guns:mat:

Back