Serious Request - Comedian Ricky Gervais and MJ

I don't think Gervais will change anyone's mind about MJ; hopefully a lot of the audience felt the same way as you. He's always traded on cheap laughs, and it sounds like they are getting 'cheaper'. The only people he is really hurting are MJ's children, which is unforgiveable.

There are plenty of 'current' US comedy targets out there; he's really plumbing the depths of an empty barrel if his current targets include MJ. I'd be tempted to call him racist, for using MJ as a target.

I've always loathed his style of comedy. Now I'll loathe it just a bit more. What a loser! Thank you for letting us know to avoid all programmes and products associated with him.

I can't believe Ricky could be so gullible and narrow minded, and that he believes an article which came from the Robson/Safechuck camp, here is an exchange he had with a fan where he makes refs to this stupid article to support his views on MJ :no:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/MJJJusticePrjct">@MJJJusticePrjct</a> yeah he spent millions <a href="https://t.co/9jJZTRskaw">https://t.co/9jJZTRskaw</a></p>&mdash; Ricky Gervais (@rickygervais) <a href="https://twitter.com/rickygervais/status/835185857321664514">February 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
See? When it comes to Michael, many people throw logic, critical thinking and objectivity out of the window. It's so frustrating, I hope more fans join in calling him out on his bullshit. Ricky has lost the credibility I had for him.

Well thats a shame. To be fair, it was only the tabloids that gave Life On The Road good reviews, so thats why hed use one.

Got my ticket yesterday, and Im looking forward to the show, but as I mentioned before, I consider Ricky to be quite clever but he has proven hes a f*ckin idiot for quoting that article. If he had come out and given his own opinion as to why he "thinks" MJ did that wouldnt have been half as bad.

This also pretty much cements that Rickys standup bit is based on tabloid stories.

Its clear here that any more interaction with him could lead to him retweeting more wrong information, and he has a lot of followers. The good thing I see is that all the replies to that tweet are calling him a moron for tweeting a tabloid.

Goddess4Real;4184915 said:
I can't believe Ricky could be so gullible and narrow minded, and that he believes an article which came from the Robson/Safechuck camp, here is an exchange he had with a fan where he makes refs to this stupid article to support his views on MJ :no:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/MJJJusticePrjct">@MJJJusticePrjct</a> yeah he spent millions <a href="https://t.co/9jJZTRskaw">https://t.co/9jJZTRskaw</a></p>&#8212; Ricky Gervais (@rickygervais) <a href="https://twitter.com/rickygervais/status/835185857321664514">February 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SMH, ain't nobody got time for this fool and his alternative facts.

Often times I wish people like him would have a horrible scandal created about themselves that isn't really true yet gets seen as such without question, so that they could know how Michael felt.
If some of the people like this man were in Michael's shoes for even a day I'm sure that they would look at Michael and the allegations differently.

I also find it rather disgusting and strange how Michael is always the go to for idiotic people to rag on meanwhile there are other proven real pedophiles in the music industry, and in the entertainment industry as a whole.

Ricky Gervias is crossing the line and he knows it, but he'll debase anyone to get a laugh. I think he only posted that article as a feeble attempt to excuse using MJ as a joke in his show and doesn't care whether it's true or not. He likes taking people down and debasing them as part of his humour. It's a cheap shot. But his show is selling well and he'll use anyone to get a laugh and he can get away with it because no-one will call him out for it other than the fans.

It's old and tired and I wish someone other than the fans would take a hard line against this, because it needs to stop. He's taking his show into LA where the kids are and I hope to hell that bit is gone in his show by then. They don't need that cr*p. It's inexcusable.

Unfortunately you cannot teach someone who does not want to be taught. Gervais is quoting long-debunked articles on his Twitter feed and has clearly made his mind up about MJ. Nothing you can say or do in a Tweet of all things, is going to educate him otherwise. I suppose you could link him to various articles which cast light on what a sham the allegations are, but it's doubtful he'll even take the time to read it.

I was about to post the exact same message. It's unfortunate, but true.

There's a review here from a non-tabloid. It makes it clear that he likes to 'bait' pretty much everyone. It's his 'stock in trade' and he isn't going to change.

Extract:

...... Those sensitive to transgender issues, say (or jokes involving rape or cot death), should take a deep breath before booking for Humanity. ...........

Even the liberal-baiting is more nuanced. One routine expands on jokes Gervais made at the Golden Globe awards about Caitlyn Jenner, and the reactions they provoked. In response to being told he mustn&#8217;t &#8220;dead-name&#8221; Jenner (ie, call her Bruce), he launches into a ruthless skit harping on pre-op Jenner&#8217;s masculinity, and another in which Gervais undergoes &#8220;species realignment&#8221;, on the basis that: &#8220;If I say I&#8217;m a chimp, I am a chimp.&#8221; This joke isn&#8217;t transphobic, Gervais tells us, but neither does it remotely respect the feelings of those who experience transphobia. It certainly confirms, though, that gender as self-assertion is a fruitful terrain for comedy. And there&#8217;s a precious gag, too, about chimp Ricky gibbering at his wife as his house catches fire.

&#8220;That&#8217;s all we are: we&#8217;re just animals,&#8221; runs the show&#8217;s thesis &#8211; somewhat undermined later, in a routine about childlessness, by Gervais&#8217;s high-minded scorn of the urge to reproduce. But this is a droll riff, imagining the spoilt little rich kid he refuses to bring into the world, or (deep breath here) the African child he might have adopted as part surrogate son, part manservant.

Personal material notwithstanding, Gervais the wind-up merchant is never far away, gloating about his wealth, preferring Hitler to anyone allergic to nuts. But there&#8217;s (slightly) more contemplative material, too, as he laments a &#8220;decline&#8221; from IRA to Isis, or how social media has amplified the opinions of idiots. If it&#8217;s a bit rich for Gervais to complain that &#8220;people get in the way&#8221; when he cracks off-colour jokes on Twitter, the riff is redeemed by a lofty takedown &#8211; with added mime &#8211; of an online troll who damns Gervais to satanic sexual assault.

Not for the first time, Gervais footnotes his jokes with little lectures on why no one has any right to take offence. That claim remains contentious: he can still be callous, and objectionable. But for me, he&#8217;s outgrown his crasser excesses with this teasing, pugnacious and funny standup show.

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2...-review-standup-humanity-colston-hall-bristol

Last edited:
Well thats a shame. To be fair, it was only the tabloids that gave Life On The Road good reviews, so thats why hed use one.

Got my ticket yesterday, and Im looking forward to the show, but as I mentioned before, I consider Ricky to be quite clever but he has proven hes a f*ckin idiot for quoting that article. If he had come out and given his own opinion as to why he "thinks" MJ did that wouldnt have been half as bad.

This also pretty much cements that Rickys standup bit is based on tabloid stories.

Its clear here that any more interaction with him could lead to him retweeting more wrong information, and he has a lot of followers. The good thing I see is that all the replies to that tweet are calling him a moron for tweeting a tabloid.

Boo his sorry ass if you can, plesse. It's the least he deserves for using bullshit as an excuse to joke about MJ. He must know by now what he believes is shit since he showed he reads the tweets sent but like I said in my first post, they don't care about the truth.

Unfortunately he Gervais is hugely well known in the UK . His attitude does not surprise me. The UK tabloids would not even bat an eyelid at this unless they find more scandal. In fact most of the UK papers hated MJ so much they would probably say his "joke " was taken out of context. The sad fact is that this is just the way it is , there is always going to be a 50 / 50 split over whether MJ was guilty or not . It is just something that has to be accepted , sad but true.

I assume this tweet is aimed at people calling him out on his bit about MJ. He truly couldn&#8217;t care less about the truth, I won't support Ricky anyone.

fodso9.png

I am in no way defending him, but none of us have heard the bit (aside from Seany who didnt go into detail) so he kind of has a point. I've never been one to react to something I don't have the full facts for, even though the gist sound spretty sh!tty, I don't know what he actually says.

On the other hand, he is a clown for tweeting an article based on fiction. Thats worse in my book. With a click of his finger he tweeted an article concocted by fairies to all of his followers.

The worst thing was to send him a barrage of tweets. As a fan of his I knew what his reaction would be.

Just ignore the gobshite, it will pass (like all the other shite has). He won't be the last to do this either.

I agree it made him look like an ass. Tweeting that article. Most of the comments on the tweet are people telling him exactly that lol.

sound like a fool who is looking for attention. I still go back to say look how MJ sold out and all the love MJ received when he died and how his new cds after his death sold high. That show you how Michael is loved still. At this point, nothing is going to change the minds of people who loved Mike. To people who do see this fool, he is viewed as a nut who is picking on the dead. MOST people frown on that with a few exceptions (and there is always going to be few exceptions like this guy. I bet if we look into his life, he is a real pedo. Anytime people "go off" on people without a cause-what he is saying about MJ paying that kind of money is not true- often proves he is hiding something in his own life. It never fails.

After a bit of back and forth, it seems to me the routine is based on payouts. Once it was clarified MJ paid out in 93, he was happy. He says he doesnt accuse MJ of being a child molester in the show, so it must be in a round about way regarding the payout. To be fair, he responded to my tweet when I told him that article was full of lies and there has been only 1 payout. 1 payout is enough for his routine apparently.

Not exactly great, is it. Plus the fact he thanked me... Feel like an accomplice

Maybe you should also tweet him this about the circumstances of that payout:

https://themichaeljacksonallegations.com/2016/12/26/the-settlement/

Dont worry its all been taken care of. My twitter exploded after 2 tweets with MJ fans. He seems to have left it in agreement with another fan who asked what kind of man would want money instead of justice if that happened their child. He seemed to be open to information to an extent.

Bottom line: he clearly wanted to establish that there was at least 1 payout. He's satisfied there was, so life goes on for him. Thats the way he is. It all seems t stem from the fact that there was such huge uproar over something that no one (bar Seany it seems) has heard. The chances of him removing whatever he says about MJ are slim to none. To be honest, I doubt he believes what he even says about MJ (whatever it is). His standup is based on that.

Best ignore it. The media definitely havent caught on, nor do I think they would care. Nothing new here, and in any reviews I havent read about any ground breaking Michael Jackson segment. Thankfully. Its probably piss poor if he feels the need to justify it with fans.

Couldn't help myself and I tweeted him screen caps explaining how settlements work, how Ray Chandler admitted in his book if Michael had payed earlier the accusation would have gone away quietly and civil trials settled don't stop criminal trials from taking place.

Interesting developments.

At least you made him aware that the Independent article was a load of hokum. Good job innuendo.

Agreed.
Great job innuendo.
Bout to send you a pos rep. :)

Also rather proud of us MJfans in general right now for educating the guy before jumping into attack mode on Twitter. :)

Last edited:
Maybe you should also tweet him this about the circumstances of that payout:

https://themichaeljacksonallegations.com/2016/12/26/the-settlement/

BINGO! that is what I do whenever ever the "payout" is brought up......the circumstances behind it and how easy it to extort someone with bogus allegations.....that is what needs to be explained to Ricky etc who use that as evidence for MJ's so-called guilt......when it a practice that is often used it various forms of court cases/disputes rather than go through a trial eg. divorce etc

Last edited:
After a bit of back and forth, it seems to me the routine is based on payouts. Once it was clarified MJ paid out in 93, he was happy. He says he doesnt accuse MJ of being a child molester in the show, so it must be in a round about way regarding the payout. To be fair, he responded to my tweet when I told him that article was full of lies and there has been only 1 payout. 1 payout is enough for his routine apparently.

Not exactly great, is it. Plus the fact he thanked me... Feel like an accomplice
Don't feel like an accomplice. You did a great job. Hopefully, somebody sent him the CNN article debunking that millions and millions of dollars to multiple kids story.

I watched him on the Golden Globes talking about Robert Downey Jr. as an alcoholic and drug addict-and he's been in recovery for years and years and years. It was greeted with silence and/or groans and was the source of all his bad reviews for the Globes. Russell Brand tried to make pedo jokes about Michael in the Tribute to Eddie Murphy and the girl from Pitch Perfect did the same-again, nothing but groans. No laughing. In fact, Russell Brand's bit on Michael got cut out completely on the TV version. Maybe the reaction in this show will be the same.

I don't understand how the same person can make jokes like this and write so brilliantly for The Office.

^ I've never seen The Office, but maybe he knew he would get this kind of reaction. Same for him tweeting a sh*tty article. Maybe he's just teasing fans like a kid ? I do not know him enough as a person to come up with a real answer.

Actually Russell Brand is generally very positive about Michael. I don't know what he said about Michael in the Eddie Murphy thing.

In Russell's Audioboom podcast from a couple of years ago he stated that there was never any evidence against Michael Jackson of child sexual molestation - however Russell's friend and long-time collaborator immediately rubbished this saying there was "tons of evidence" against Michael and that there was absolutely no doubt Michael Jackson was a paedophile. Russell didn't challenge it.

Hey all, just to be VERY CLEAR... Ricky Gervais in his own words on that stage did NOT say that MJ abused children NOR did he call him a child molestor.

Let me explain the context, something I should have done in my initial post.

It was exactly one week ago today since I went to the show at the Arts Depot in Finchley, London. The theme was about society's sensitivity to jokes
and why can't we make fun of anything anymore? Now yes he does about cancer patients, the trans community and other groups, but remember MJ is a single human being, not a targeted group of peoples. There is a difference here.

Early on he began talking about various topics, terrorism mainly. He referenced the IRA and said this line quite a lot "back in my day" - He spoke of how the IRA used to ring up a pub before a bomb would go off, to scare everyone into fleeing. Then he talked about ISIS and how they have stepped it up a notch by killing so many more, cutting off their heads, blowing places up (as opposed to a friendly phone call warning people in advance). He then talked about serial killers and how Harold Shipman (one of Britain's most prolific killers) would make some of his victims cups of tea before killing them in their sleep and during operations. Nowadays, serial killers have to "try harder."

After that he went into the Catholic Church. He referenced abortion and said something along the lines of "They love a fetus, they love a fetus even more than the women carrying them do, however when they (the church) discover that those fetuses grow up to be gay then they don't like them anymore."

Then he talked about the Church's child abuse scandals. He said that "back in my day" paedophiles used to be dirty old men exposing their genitals, but now paedophiles have to "work harder, just look at the King Of Pop."

He then gave a look to the audience as if to suggest, what I am about to say now may be controversial...

"Michael Jackson was DEFINITELY a paedophile."

"Look at how hard he needed to work; hey kids, want to come see my giraffes, roller coaster rides. Paedophiles really do have to up their game."
This continued for about 5-8 mins.

If RG is arguing with people on Twitter because he didn't refer to MJ as a child abuser, then he is being totally pedantic with his words. The exact reference to MJ was a peadophile throughout. I didn't think I needed to be that specific in order for fans to win a battle with him. It further goes to show this mans ignorance for the truth and pettiness for squarelling.

Oh and he is a prolific Tweeter... mydays, how does he have so much time to write material for shows in-between all that Tweeting? Oh I know, the fool just references bullshit fake news to victimise a persons character for cheap laughs. The feckin' charlatan.

Good work to those who have reached out and Tweeted RG about it. It seems to have struck a chord with him and I think those who have not done so, should keep at him. He can fu*k with whoever he wants, but NO ONE messes with Michael or his fans. Keep The Faith.

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying, seany!

there is always going to be a 50 / 50 split over whether MJ was guilty or not . It is just something that has to be accepted , sad but true.

I'm afraid I have to agree. But isn't it just outrageous and sad and frustrating? I mean, Michael fought so long for truth and justice, we fans did/do as well, and still this sh*t is out there and it seems there can't be done anything about it. Mostly, when there's not so much in the media on that topic, it's sort of 'ok'. But with stories like these all that mess resurfaces and you have to deal with it (and all the nasty comments etc.), over and over again.
Oh man, what a load of sh*t Michael had to endure.. and others just go on with their lives, not bothered in any way, being happy with their job and their kids and everything.. and all of that was taken away from him despite him doing NOTHING wrong. It's just so unfair. :(

Sorry, I'm in a gloomy mood today. :ermm:

Back