Should "Dangerous 25" be called "D25"?

I'm done with concerts entirely personally.

Most of Michael's performances, while absolutely electrifying, are mirror images of one another in my opinion. The same mark hit at the same time, the same leg kick at the same time - nothing is all that special at this point. Watching Bucharest '92 and Buenos Aires '93 is essentially like watching the entire two-year run of the Dangerous tour.

Sure, some will have a touch more energy than others, but nothing to the point that I'm simply dying to watch it.

I'm vying for a making-of documentary. Studio footage, anecdotes from the album personnel, insight on the overall tour process, maybe a few live performance clips here and there... could make for an excellent watch.

Just drop Spike Lee and get Ron Howard as the director.

Absolutely yes to dropping Spike Lee, his documentaries have been so pandering. Bad 25 was okay but the OTW one was so bad.

I'm done with concerts entirely personally.

Most of Michael's performances, while absolutely electrifying, are mirror images of one another in my opinion. The same mark hit at the same time, the same leg kick at the same time - nothing is all that special at this point. Watching Bucharest '92 and Buenos Aires '93 is essentially like watching the entire two-year run of the Dangerous tour.

Sure, some will have a touch more energy than others, but nothing to the point that I'm simply dying to watch it.

I'm vying for a making-of documentary. Studio footage, anecdotes from the album personnel, insight on the overall tour process, maybe a few live performance clips here and there... could make for an excellent watch.

Just drop Spike Lee and get Ron Howard as the director.
I take it you've seen Eight Days A Week? Was it good? My Beatles albums have been sitting on a shelf the past few years, this may be what I need to get back into them. I know you didn't enjoy Spike Lee's Journey From Motown, I thought it was excellent, my mother loved it which is always a test of whether something has a broader appeal. I know quite a few of you guys know what MJ had for dinner on certain days :lol: but there's quite a bit I didn't know about, as I say 'I've never been one who remembers all the trivia and info.

I think with the tours things got complicated from around the time of Victory. He didn't want to do it and from 93 onwards they were simply seen by him as a promotional tool to boost album sales. Of course that's what every tour is about ultimately but for MJ breaking sales records was maybe a little more important? I think thats why the performances and setlists were the same. By HIStory Tour certain songs that had been performed the same since Truimph should have been dropped from the setlists but because he wanted people to buy albums he always kept the hits in the setlist and because he was working on other ideas at the same time as putting tours together it was taking a short cut as he didn't allow enough time to develop new performances. He more or less had the skeleton of a live show from the mid 80's and it was just a question of adding that albums singles to the setlist.

^^ I'm actually by no means a Beatles fan... *ducks and covers* :lol:

I did see Eight Days a Week at the recommendation of a few friends, and I thought it was outstandingly executed. Far above anything that Spike has done in my personal opinion! Bad25 I still maintain is a solid documentary but I can't bring myself to even remotely enjoy Off the Wall simply because there are far too many current celebrities and not past collaborators. I haven't watched it in some time but if memory maintains, Greg Phillinganes was barely present despite being present on every track on that album. But that's just me! :p

I definitely agree with you as per his tours. There should have been some sort of large scale mix up that really showed that he was interested with delivering a truly magical experience on stage rather than just collect ticket sales and move forward.

Bad and Dangerous were both quite excellent in their execution but History was just terrible in my opinion.

Watching Wembley 1988 and Bucharest 1992 are still almost religious experiences for me, as I cannot name a single artist who gives even a fraction of a performance as Michael does in those shows. But whenever new shows are reported to have leaked online (Buenos Aires 1993, Oslo 1992), I don't find myself caring for it whatsoever. There's not much difference in what I've already seen.

Ron Howard was the last person I would have picked but I've read quite a few great reviews of the Beatles film and read some great interviews too.
I'm looking forward to seeing it now.

I really loved OTW bc I lived thru all that and I wanted other people to be able to experience that time too. My only gripe was that it was way too short. They didn't need to go into the songs on the album because the back story was so interesting and I was really getting into it. Then it abruptly changed to the album and as it was, they had to rush thru the songs.

Bad 25 was too short too tho. It's funny-I think Bad 25 was heavier on current celebrities than OTW. I need to watch them both again.

Last edited:
AlwaysThere and Barb, some great points from you both. I kind of want to see this Beatles doc now.

When it comes to concerts, we've already got Wembley and Bucharest, and I'm happy with those (But I wish Bucharest had less crowd shots). The concert I'm interested in now is something from the Triumph Tour

When it comes to concerts, we've already got Wembley and Bucharest, and I'm happy with those (But I wish Bucharest had less crowd shots). The concert I'm interested in now is something from the Triumph Tour
YES!! Dying to have that!!
Then a good release of Victory.
And a release of Jackson 5 at LA forum or that tour.

For me concerts are almost the only thing I care about. I'm not even that excited about new music.

that's how I feel too. but I care about all unseen footage, not just concerts. but mostly concerts..I want more :D

YES!! Dying to have that!!
Then a good release of Victory.
And a release of Jackson 5 at LA forum or that tour.

a J5 concert from one of their early tours is what I want more than anything...

I take it you've seen Eight Days A Week? Was it good? My Beatles albums have been sitting on a shelf the past few years, this may be what I need to get back into them.

^^ I'm actually by no means a Beatles fan... *ducks and covers* :lol:

I did see Eight Days a Week at the recommendation of a few friends, and I thought it was outstandingly executed. Far above anything that Spike has done in my personal opinion!

Ron Howard was the last person I would have picked but I've read quite a few great reviews of the Beatles film and read some great interviews too.
I'm looking forward to seeing it now.

AlwaysThere and Barb, some great points from you both. I kind of want to see this Beatles doc now.

I saw Eight Days A Week just over a week ago and really enjoyed it. It's a really good documentary, even if you're not into The Beatles. The subtitle of the film is The Touring Years, so it focuses more-so on their touring but there is still glimpses of them in the studio, both moving and still imagery. Now, it's known that there's not a huge abundance of Beatles studio footage; sure there's some here and there, but not everywhere (sorry, I couldn't resist that horrendous pun).

So whenever they only had photos of them in the studio, they would often animate them slightly in someway; such as do a parallax 3D effect on different objects as the camera moves to make it more life-like, even animate smoke from cigarettes in the photos. On top of these visuals, you'd have early/alternative takes of The Beatles working on music as well as studio chatter of them. It was a fantastic substitute for actual footage and we got to hear some nice studio chatter too! Would've been really cool to see this in the OTW documentary. I know there was like no video footage of Michael working on the OTW album, but I'm sure there were photos and there's got to be some studio chatter around - we hear some on the 2001 Special Edition extras! ...is there something like this in the OTW documentary? I can't even remember most of it tbh (which I guess says something about the documentary in itself)... I do recall there not being too much new audio though. Would've been cool to see them go into early demos and look at the progression.

I was really happy with Ron Howard's work on The Beatles documentary. If I had to choose between him and Spike Lee to do a documentary on MJ, I'd definitely go for Mr. Howard.

I saw Eight Days A Week just over a week ago and really enjoyed it. It's a really good documentary, even if you're not into The Beatles. The subtitle of the film is The Touring Years, so it focuses more-so on their touring but there is still glimpses of them in the studio, both moving and still imagery. Now, it's known that there's not a huge abundance of Beatles studio footage; sure there's some here and there, but not everywhere (sorry, I couldn't resist that horrendous pun).

So whenever they only had photos of them in the studio, they would often animate them slightly in someway; such as do a parallax 3D effect on different objects as the camera moves to make it more life-like, even animate smoke from cigarettes in the photos. On top of these visuals, you'd have early/alternative takes of The Beatles working on music as well as studio chatter of them. It was a fantastic substitute for actual footage and we got to hear some nice studio chatter too! Would've been really cool to see this in the OTW documentary. I know there was like no video footage of Michael working on the OTW album, but I'm sure there were photos and there's got to be some studio chatter around - we hear some on the 2001 Special Edition extras! ...is there something like this in the OTW documentary? I can't even remember most of it tbh (which I guess says something about the documentary in itself)... I do recall there not being too much new audio though. Would've been cool to see them go into early demos and look at the progression.

I was really happy with Ron Howard's work on The Beatles documentary. If I had to choose between him and Spike Lee to do a documentary on MJ, I'd definitely go for Mr. Howard.
Just when they mentioned when Jackie said "i can't for the beegees to hear this shit"

In like 64 days it will be passed the 25th anniversary year.. Nothing has been announced... But another Thriller project has for next year.. "T353D" lol

^^ There's a substantial likelihood that it isn't happening.

It's probably not going to happen TBH. :/

Yeah, probably not by this point.

Shame really. It could've ended 2016 on a high note but instead all we got was a piss-poor re-release of OTW with little to show minus an average, perhaps even forgettable, documentary.

Ah well. Life goes on.

I just want to see it. It is nearly November now and I am sure Black or White came out in early November with the album following on November 26th or something like that. Because Black orWhite was such a big hit, I remember that the second single - Remember the Time only came out in late Jan or early Feb of 1992?
Was the singles order?

1. Black or white - Nov 1991
2. Remember the Time - Feb 1992
3. In the Closet - Apr 1992
4. Heal the Wold - Jun/July 1992
5. Jam - Aug/Sep 1992
6. Who is it - Oct/Nov 1992
7. Give into me - Feb/Mar 1993
8. Will you be there - May 1993
9. Gone too soon - July 1993?

That was how it was in NZ, and I remember that all were Top 20 hits and by the time of Jam, our record stores had specially made "cassingle" dispensers that dropped another single once you pulled one out. The tower held about 10 singles and the top was open so the staff member could feed more singles into it. The Tower was black and had "Michael Jackson" and that image of his eyes on it.

In NZ, I remember Black or White was #1, Remeber and Closet were Top 10s and the others were lesser hits, but Give into me was also a #1 hit as Guns n roses were peaking popularity and the video with Slash playing his Solo pushed it over the edge. The sales campaign was pretty much over by the time, the stupid Chandler allegations (The only thing MJ was guilty of, was being too trusting to evil and greedy people) broke, so fortunately his sales were not affected.

Um, wow. November whatever will not be passed any opportunity to do "Dangerous 25" on a physical release. It could happen any time this upcoming year! It does not matter if "Thriller 35: Still Alive" happens at the end of the year or not! It just will work out better if "Dangerous 25" comes out in physical form this year...

Back