Should MJ Be Awarded A Presidential Medal Of Freedom Posthumously.....

Yes
Absolutely
A figure head for peace
I would most definitely love this to happen

yes!!! he deserves it so much...but would be much more fun if he was here to accept it himself

Yes. Michael should be awarded for it, he's all about peace.

I would like to see this. Do you think the petition would need to be from US citizens only?

I think it should be from everybody around the world.

How many signature are need to do this?

If any artist deserves it - its him! 10000%

I think it would mean more if Obama was to give the award before the next presidency and not Trump. (my opinion)

However yes I will sign the petition also. I will keep an eye out for it.

I think it would mean more if Obama was to give the award before the next presidency and not Trump. (my opinion)

However yes I will sign the petition also. I will keep an eye out for it.

You are right he should be the one to do it.

We need someone to get it going like now. I am not good at writing or wording.

Here is the link for it
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/crea...d=google_sem&gclid=CP__m63X7coCFYwkgQodeGoAbg

I could try? but I don't know much about this award as I am in the UK....

Look at the first post and click on the link it tell you what the award is about.

Like Bubs mention the controversy surrounding Michael name that is unfair if the ppls knew the truth on why Michael had to settle their would understand he had no choice Michael want to clear his name but he was not able to and in 2003 same thing but this time Michael was found not guilty on all counts by his own peers. Michael was for peace that is all he want for the world a better place to live in for you and me.This world came together as one black,white,hispanic all races to Michael it did not matter the color of your skin he love you anyway. So he does deserves this award and Michael children should be the one who except this for their father because Michael also love the children of the world..

What that be all i need to say?

I could try but I think someone with more knowledge on this could write something up and share it before sending out the petition so that we are all on board on what the wording includes??

ok from my understanding after having read the link you posted pminton, wording could include:

(2) world peace
Michaels efforts for world peace, Michaels charitable contributions throughout his career and even after his passing...who does anyone know who leaves 20% to charity. No one as far as I know.
I know Michael is named in the Guiness Records as most contributions to charity but it should be known world wide in abundance.

(3) cultural or other significant public or private endeavors
Can breaking racial barriers fall under this???
I don't even have to list Michaels achievement in doing so because we all know.
But this also should be recognised as Michael does not get much recognition for what he had actually achieved and its significance.

And I am sure President Obama is aware of ALL this.

I like what you got here and the second one

Michael was the first black artist to have his short film to be seen on MTV so Michael pave way for others artist to get the video on MTV all races what do you think?

I am going to put this on my facebook page.

Last edited:

Here is the link for it
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/crea...d=google_sem&gclid=CP__m63X7coCFYwkgQodeGoAbg

I could try? but I don't know much about this award as I am in the UK....

Here is the link for it

I could try but I think someone with more knowledge on this could write something up and share it before sending out the petition so that we are all on board on what the wording includes??

ok from my understanding after having read the link you posted pminton, wording could include:

(2) world peace
Michaels efforts for world peace, Michaels charitable contributions throughout his career and even after his passing...who does anyone know who leaves 20% to charity. No one as far as I know.
I know Michael is named in the Guiness Records as most contributions to charity but it should be known world wide in abundance.

But this also should be recognised as Michael does not get much recognition for what he had actually achieved and its significance.

And I am sure President Obama is aware of ALL this.

is somebody willing to write something up?

I think Michael deserves this deffo

pminton why don't you start it and just include what I mentioned in previous post??

Last edited by a moderator:
We need help if anyone what to do the wording for this to get the petition going that would be great the link is up above. :)

Michael does deserve this award but I do not believe that the current US President will go for it. He made his views on Michael clear when Michael died. If you remember he did not issue an official statement, sending a 'private' note to Mrs Jackson. The White House spokesman was asked if Mr Obama would make an official statement and make a very snarky remark in response.

So I'm not holding out much hope on that!

^^Snarky? I don't recall Obamas response being snarky... (Let alone "very snarky"). EDIT: I just rewatched the two clips where Obama actually discussed MJ and he is in no way "snarky".

In addition to the few clips where he discusses MJ, The White House spokesperson said that if asked by the media, Obama was willing to give a statement on MJ to the media at the next press conference he has (which was very shortly after the death). Problem was no one asked so he didn't give one. I completely agree he should've sent out a statement especially given MJs significance/fame but apart from that he did... alright I guess. I certainly don't feel like any of the comments he made about Michael were snarky.

Besides its been 7 years, people's views can change ya know. He was a fan of Michaels music and admitted it too.

Last edited:
I would like to see Michael get this award i believe a petition just might do it.

Obama said Michael was Conflicted. And when he was meeting with world leaders, he said people say MJ was the biggest entertainer the world ever seen, then he did a half ass laugh like you got be kidding.

Obama said Michael was Conflicted. And when he was meeting with world leaders, he said people say MJ was the biggest entertainer the world ever seen, then he did a half ass laugh like you got be kidding.

Got a clip of that? I can only find two clips of Obama himself discussing Michael and here is what he said in both:

"His extraordinary talent and his music was matched with, I think, a big dose of tragedy and... and difficulty in his private life. I don't think we can ignore that, but, it's important for us to affirm what was best in him."

Michael Jackson "will go down in history as one of our greatest entertainers, I grew up on his music, still have all of his stuff on my iPod. I think that his brilliance as a performer also was paired with a tragic, and in many ways, sad personal life. Ya know I'm glad to see that he is being remembered primarily for the great joy to a lot of people through his extraordinary gifts as an entertainer"

Seems pretty fine to me.

We should get this petition going

Here is the link for it
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/create-a-petition.html

This is the wording we have so far.

2) world peace
I know Michael is named in the Guiness Records as most contributions to charity but it should be known world wide in abundance

Michael was the first black artist to have his short film to be seen on MTV so Michael pave way for others artist to get the video on MTV all races what do you think?

We should at least try.:yes:

Last edited:
Got a clip of that? I can only find two clips of Obama himself discussing Michael and here is what he said in both:

"His extraordinary talent and his music was matched with, I think, a big dose of tragedy and... and difficulty in his private life. I don't think we can ignore that, but, it's important for us to affirm what was best in him."

Michael Jackson "will go down in history as one of our greatest entertainers, I grew up on his music, still have all of his stuff on my iPod. I think that his brilliance as a performer also was paired with a tragic, and in many ways, sad personal life. Ya know I'm glad to see that he is being remembered primarily for the great joy to a lot of people through his extraordinary gifts as an entertainer"

Seems pretty fine to me.

This is a simple case of you and I reading things differently. His insistence in talking about Michael's 'sad' 'tragic' life, says volumes to me, and I won't get into that now (this is not the thread for it). But suffice it to say, I don't recall him talking about how conflicted, sad or tragic Robin Williams' life was.

Alas, we may have to agree to disagree.

Back