Siedah Garret shares MJ memories on her Facebook

Ankita

Proud Member
I'm not sure if this has been posted before, so here-

MEMORIES OF MJ: One night while on stage performing our duet "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", I accidentally sang Michael's part. Then when it came time for him to sing, he gave me a look like "WTF?"

MEMORIES OF MJ: One day Michael asked me, "Sid, why do black girls move their necks from side to side sometimes when they're telling you something?" I said, "That's so you can have something to focus on while you are bein' read!"

MEMORIES OF MJ: Michael once showed up to rehearsal wearing a pair of mismatched sox. When I asked him about it, he explained that he got dressed in a rush. The next day at rehearsal, he made a point to show me his sox. Excitedly pointing to his feet, he said, "Look, Sid." I looked down responding, "Yeah, Michael, they match each other, but they don't match with nothin' else you've got on!"

MEMORIES OF MJ: After Michael approved the song demo of "Man In The Mirror", Quincy asked me to come to the studio to record a new guide vocal in a lower key. Michael came in and personally videotaped the entire session. Totally surreal! But, can you imagine what other rare footage is stored in his vaults?

MEMORIES OF MJ: Michael had a childlike sense-of-humor. While in the studio recording our duet "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", he began tossing popcorn in my face in an effort to make me mess-up. Producer Quincy Jones, not seeing this, began to chastise me for flubbing the takes. Michael, on the other hand, was just CRACKING UP! Love you MJ.

Source-MJTLS/ https://www.facebook.com/siedah.garrett

Aww, they are so beautiful. Especially the last. Thanks for posting.

So true about the vault but.. he must have so much stuff in there haha! and typical MJ throing the popcorn!

MEMORIES OF MJ: One night while on stage performing our duet "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", I accidentally sang Michael's part. Then when it came time for him to sing, he gave me a look like "WTF?"

This one i love the most! :lol:

This is so lovely. It made me smile every time when I heard these little stories about MJ.

Aww thank you! That was much needed after the headache that is the phoney tribute mess.

Ahahaha. This monemt at 1:25 in Brunei looks awfully like it:

She is singing her part correct though, so maybe it was Michael who forgot? Or maybe they were supposed to sing it differently at that show.

She is singing her part correct though, so maybe it was Michael who forgot? Or maybe they were supposed to sing it differently at that show.

This was not Siedah, but Marva Hicks according to Wikipedia, so I don't know where that story comes from, unless it was from a different concert. :scratch:

Yeah, I just figured that too. Still it looks like he was going to start singing at that moment.

Those are all funny. I like the last one the best. Poor girl is getting in trouble and he is the one causing the trouble lol.

Thank for those. They sound so much like Michael. I wonder what color socks he had on.

This was not Siedah, but Marva Hicks according to Wikipedia, so I don't know where that story comes from, unless it was from a different concert. :scratch:

It does look like siedah but i guess if wikipedia says so then it must be true........:scratch:

But that woman does have a "wtf" look on her face lol

I can never get enough of these kinds of stories. I could take a room full of his friends sharing them for a couple of hours and would enjoy it more than other artists singing his songs.

Back