Sky Arts 1 shows MJ Immortal world tour on 25th December

Barbee0715, no worries.

I personally see the title based on sales. In the rock genre am sure someone has outsold Michael if you want to chose just those singles as opposed to the full album sales those singles are on. I have no clue who the performer is as I am not a fan of that genre.

For R/B, strictly on sales Michael would lead most likely as well as Pop. For talent in R/B, there are too many diverse male talents and personalities that I would not dare to compare Michael because they are vastly distinct in my view. I would not dare compare Michael to Gaye, Wonder, Vandross... the list goes on and on. For PoP, again, I am not a fan of the genre.

Soooo back on topic everyone....

Was anyone able to record the entire show?

Is it possible that we'd be able to get the whole show without (or with) commercials ripped and posted for download?

I've only seen the YT version posted in this thread - some 40 minutes long.

It was great!! - I really liked it ! More programes like this should be made. - Focus on the music !

I recorded it in HD to my Sky box but I'm pretty clueless as to how to get it from there to here!

maybe "sky copy plus" can help you with that case.

I'll look into that, thanks.

Still I'm sure one of our more tech savvy members can rustle this up in no time?

If there really is a demand I'm happy to try!

I'll look into that, thanks.

Still I'm sure one of our more tech savvy members can rustle this up in no time?

If there really is a demand I'm happy to try!

I would FOR SURE love to see the full documentary! That would be amazing!

Think of it this way, the full Immortal documentary has never been televised in English EVER until Christmas ... So even the 40min English version on YouTube isn't even half of the full version. I'm not sure if many members here actually realize this.

The program sitting on your DVR is just waiting to be uploaded somehow for all of us English speaking folks to watch for the first time!

So yes, I hope there's definitely a demand among us to be able to see it... Hopefully it works out for everyone to be able to download it..

Thanks in advance!

I want to see it!!! I saw the short version on YouTube last week and loved it.
Maybe our mods could help you. Or one of the guys on 2000 watts.

I want to see it!!! I saw the short version on YouTube last week and loved it.
Maybe our mods could help you. Or one of the guys on 2000 watts.

I don't have access to 2000 Watts anymore. Nobody has posted it? Wow, I'm surprised. Leave it with me guys. I'll see what I can do.

The documentation aired already several times in Germany. She is great. Sometimes I think it has done a even better service than Spike Lee`s Bad 25 to present Michael as unique, genius artist. It did not include people who are so self-praised and with the intention to give themselves the redites to Michaels work.

Hoepfully the Estate will continue to give such documentation in work.

What's the running time on the full length documentary? Some say 2 hours, some say 1 hour and 40 minutes, and some say 1 hour and 20 minutes? I was only able to see the 40 minute YouTube short version.

Without commercials the runtime for the full English doc would be around 1:30-1:40 most likely...

Also, I posted a request thread in the 2000 Watts forum but nobody has replied back to it yet, let alone post it...

Any update on the progress of getting this show uploaded? Thanks so much!

:)

Hey hey. I've been meaning to update you. So using that program that was suggested I would still need to remove the hard disk from my Sky box and find a way to connect it up.

I'm not that tech minded and the box is shared so not sure how that would go down. Nor do I have the hardware to connect it up.

What I'm sure I could do is record it to a DVD and then rip it onto my laptop - but that would result, I believe, in a loss of quality. If you guys would still want it like that I could start looking into how I go about it. Or if anyone has any other solutions then great!

I'm sorry, I know this is not an ideal solution but this is a process I have no prior experience of.

Hey hey. I've been meaning to update you. So using that program that was suggested I would still need to remove the hard disk from my Sky box and find a way to connect it up.

I'm not that tech minded and the box is shared so not sure how that would go down. Nor do I have the hardware to connect it up.

What I'm sure I could do is record it to a DVD and then rip it onto my laptop - but that would result, I believe, in a loss of quality. If you guys would still want it like that I could start looking into how I go about it. Or if anyone has any other solutions then great!

I'm sorry, I know this is not an ideal solution but this is a process I have no prior experience of.

No need to apologize at all! You're awesome. If you're willing to do the DVD rip, I would totally watch it and appreciate it :)

I clicked the link and it said Warner blocked it on copyright grounds. Must have just happened bc there are 15K views. :(

Barbee0715, that was not the documentary; it was the Immortal show. The link has been accessible for a number of months so it is interesting it was blocked for copyright now.

The documentary is in full in French and Spanish on YT; not English. It is about 90 minutes without commercials.

Barbee0715, that was not the documentary; it was the Immortal show. The link has been accessible for a number of months so it is interesting it was blocked for copyright now.

The documentary is in full in French and Spanish on YT; not English. It is about 90 minutes without commercials.
oh thank you. I had the impression it was the full doc. I saw the abridged version and liked it very much.

I've seen the actual show in person so thanks for telling me.

Barbee0715, no worries.

Hopefully at some point, the full Immortal show will be released in Blu-ray along with the full documentary in English with the option for subtitles in English/French/Spanish.

Estate/Sony could have a deluxe set that includes the Immortal soundtrack if they would like.

Barbee0715, no worries.

Hopefully at some point, the full Immortal show will be released in Blu-ray along with the full documentary in English with the option for subtitles in English/French/Spanish.

Estate/Sony could have a deluxe set that includes the Immortal soundtrack if they would like.

Very unlikely. The documentary may be released but with the Beatles "Love", they only released a documentary film and not the show. Still amazing.

Very unlikely. The documentary may be released but with the Beatles "Love", they only released a documentary film and not the show. Still amazing.

"Love" is still performing like MJ One. Immortal performances are over. Why not release it?

The "Love" documentary is also on YT in full in English. Why not for Immortal?

Barbee0715, no worries.

I agree. Immortal is over and it would be appropriate to release the show and doc together. Like the idea of releasing them together with the soundtrack.

We'd have to wait for MJ One to close to get a DVD of it.

Barbee0715, I see no reason why Immortal cannot be released in proper DVD quality.

While it was highly successful, not all fans were able to afford to see the traveling show of Immortal and/or the permanent show of MJ One. I was fortunate enough to see both shows and in my view, Immortal would do better as a DVD product. Michael's catalog albums do quite well and Immortal plays well to that catalog.

I agree. Immortal is over and it would be appropriate to release the show and doc together.

We'd have to wait for MJ One to close to get a DVD of it.

Sorry Tygger. I wasn't clear. I meant MJ One would have to close to get a DVD of MJ One. (Using a phone and need to proofread my stuff better).

No-I like your idea of set of Immortal show, doc and soundtrack. I think it would sell very well.

I got to see Immortal but I'd love to see it again. I'm sure there was lots I missed since there was so much going on at once.

Barbee0715, I understood your post. Apologies; maybe I was unclear in the reply.

Between Immortal and MJ One, I would prefer a DVD of Immortal. If MJ One was to stop performances anytime in the future, I would be fine if it was not immortalized on DVD (pun intended, laughs).

Thank you and I like my idea too (laughs). MJ Estate is unique in that there is so much to offer to generate income that I believe it may confuse Estate/Sony oftentimes. The art Michael left is golden in more ways than one. See Paris78's post in the Xscape thread that I reposted below. Many of the songs on those catalog albums are featured in the Immortal show. Estate/Sony would have to bungle promotion/marketing/packaging for an Immortal DVD release to fail.

Paris78;4068651 said:
Michael Jackson @michaeljackson_ · Jan 14th

Three Michael Jackson albums ranks among the top 25 best-selling catalog albums of 2014: Rank - Estimated Sale... http://bit.ly/1BmZzTG

Rank - Estimated Sales - TITLE - Artist
18 - 147,000 - NUMBER ONES - Michael Jackson
20 - 145,000 - THE ESSENTIAL - Michael Jackson
21 - 143,000 - THRILLER - Michael Jackson

Cherrelle ‏@Happychick93
Combined, these three albums, along with Xscape has sold a total of 894k copies in the US for the year 2014.

Barbee0715, I understood your post. Apologies; maybe I was unclear in the reply.

Between Immortal and MJ One, I would prefer a DVD of Immortal. If MJ One was to stop performances anytime in the future, I would be fine if it was not immortalized on DVD (pun intended, laughs).

Thank you and I like my idea too (laughs). MJ Estate is unique in that there is so much to offer to generate income that I believe it may confuse Estate/Sony oftentimes. The art Michael left is golden in more ways than one. See Paris78's post in the Xscape thread that I reposted below. Many of the songs on those catalog albums are featured in the Immortal show. Estate/Sony would have to bungle promotion/marketing/packaging for an Immortal DVD release to fail.
894k copies is nothing to sneeze at. That's fantastic.

I wanted to ask since you saw both shows -did you like one better than the other? My Only complaint with Immortal was they "mashed" up too many songs when I wanted the whole thing.
I loved it tho and sang, screamed and clapped through the whole thing. Generally made a fool of myself and didn't give a hoot.

Barbee0715, thanks for asking.

In my view, Immortal is the better performance and more fitting for a DVD release. It was a fitting tribute to Michael because the focus is Michael's music. MJ One is a traditional Cirque performance where the focus is on acrobatics. Any music could play and the performance would not change much in my view.

My Only complaint with Immortal was they "mashed" up too many songs when I wanted the whole thing.

Michael has alot of hit songs! I believe they did a very good job putting as many hit songs into the performance as they could. I believe they did a great job showcasing some songs in full to focus on Michael's meaning, i.e., Childhood, TDCAU, and IJCSLY for examples.

Last edited:
Back