Sony And Estate Talk Here

adamschoales

Proud Member
I'm going to be playing devils advocate here, and I hope that all fans can hold a REASONABLE conversation without calling each other names and haters and garbage like that. Are we not civil?

But consider this:

Perhaps Sony is mistaken, but without malice, and this isn't Michael Jackson. It's possible. How do we know this? Well, they've been known to not do all their homework. Look at "This Is It". Nobody figured out the Paul Anka connection until after it was released. Eventually things were settled but do you remember the hooplah regarding that? It took them a few days to make a statement.

Now, true, they have made a statement already is there not a chance they are mistaken again?

Other things to consider:

Experts verified this was Michael, but how many? One? Three? Of how many? Did they bring in 5 experts and they all agreed? Were two saying yay three saying nay? If they got at least one conclusive "yes" would they run with it and ignore evidence to the contrary?

Why would the estate/family lie? They stand to gain NOTHING from it. It creates controversy and the album wont sell which means they won't see their share of the profits. That's bad.

Why would Sony lie? What do they stand to gain? If they *know* it's fake, but don't own up to it, they could be exposed and thigns get messy. If they get away with it they make money off of fake tracks. It's a risky move, but let's face it - how are we going to prove them wrong. After all, they had "experts".

Another thing: FBI Forensic Musicologist? I can understand the FBI having forensic audiologists for analysing distorted kidnapping tapes, but why on earth would they have forensic musicologists? I don't think this is a common problem. With Johnny Cash, or Nirvana, or Elvis, or Tupac records we never have this problem, so why would the FBI have a branch dedicated to it? And would someone specializing in analysing scrambled/modified speaking voices be able to properly analyze a singing voice? It's two completely different worlds - the way I sound when I speak vs when I sing is no where near alike.

Finally remember this: like the social network said "If you had invented facebook, you'd have invented facebook". If this were 100% without a doubt Michael Jackson these conversations wouldn't be happening.

All we know for SURE is this: we will never really know...

Last edited:
Re: This Is It/Another Day - Sony's Been Mistaken Before

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Some more food for thought: why this track? There's very clearly tracks that are 100% michael - Another Day comes to mind. A place with no name comes to mind. Why on earth would they even bother with songs that are questionable? Even if it IS Michael. Are these songs SO GOOD they felt the world needed to hear them? The vault must be massive, so why not just release an album of outtakes or demos? Why are they going with that were recorded more recently but may be questionable?

It just seems so strange to me that if there was any question why they'd bother feeding the fire. I mean, like I said, this IS a catchy tune but so is Another Day. And we know that's Michael (though I'll admit, the first time I heard it I was dubious it was really him... that is until the chorus. No one shout-sings like Michael!)

I agree with all of this. Sony need to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible. Why would they allow themselves to get into a mess as big as this? I wanted to believe that this is Michael because just once I needed to be able to trust that not every project is going to end up a shambles even just for my own sanity. But if it's not him on Breaking News, someone has to answer for what happened here. I personally am tired of getting a constant stream of what is nine times out of ten unreliable information when it comes to Michael. It hurts when things like this happens in Michael's world because then I feel like an idiot for being happy about something.

Sony will continue with this because the only people who care are the hardcore fans.

Have you noticed that the controversy over who is singing on Breaking News hasn't really filtered through much to the mainstream media?

Sure, the fanbase is up in arms, but if the mainstream media aren't reporting the story, then Sony will just think that they can get away with this.

And in a month or two, we'll end up with a fake Michael Jackson album, with a few genuine songs thrown in.

This is completely unacceptable and yet nobody outside of the hardcore fanbase gives a damn.

I just have a horrible, horrible feeling that Sony are going to get away with this.

Re: Sony will continue with this because the only people who care are the hardcore fans.

Have you noticed that the controversy over who is singing on Breaking News hasn't really filtered through much to the mainstream media?

Sure, the fanbase is up in arms, but if the mainstream media aren't reporting the story, then Sony will just think that they can get away with this.

And in a month or two, we'll end up with a fake Michael Jackson album, with a few genuine songs thrown in.

This is completely unacceptable and yet nobody outside of the hardcore fanbase gives a damn.

I just have a horrible, horrible feeling that Sony are going to get away with this.

I have noticed it and just mentioned it in another thread. I remember what a HUGE scandal they made of it when it turned out Milli Vanilli couldn't sing. Now this is a 10000 times bigger scandal and the media are strangely silent. They only reported about Katherine's concerns but no mention about the fact that fan communities are fuming.

I wonder how much Sony has the media in their pocket.....

And the media will bash MJ for the weak songs he didn't even make and never intended to release. :(

Re: Sony will continue with this because the only people who care are the hardcore fans.

do you really think it's Sony's fault though? for the past months we heard again and again that it was the Estate that was preparing the album and Sony had no creative control at all. I am not trying to protect Sony, I just want to get to the bottom of this... I always said that I support the Estate 100 per cent. But after THIS I just don't know what to think anymore. It's like the whole world turned upside down for me. For the life of me I had never thought the Estate is capable of anything like that...

That why I believed it's Michael's song, just with unusual sound. I trusted the Estate, because they were doing so well with the film and the game and the cirque show... I didn't think this ish was even possible.

do you really think it's Sony's fault though? for the past months we heard again and again that it was the Estate that was preparing the album and Sony had no creative control at all. I am not trying to protect Sony, I just want to get to the bottom of this... I always said that I support the Estate 100 per cent. But after THIS I just don't know what to think anymore. It's like the whole world turned upside down for me. For the life of me I had never thought the Estate is capable of anything like that...

That why I believed it's Michael's song, just with unusual sound. I trusted the Estate, because they were doing so well with the film and the game and the cirque show... I didn't think this ish was even possible.

I don't know whose fault it is. Sony or Estate. I only know it's not Michael's, yet it will be his name tarnished because of it. :(

I can't get over any of this, it makes my head spin thinking it is possible for them to even consider doing this, much less get away with it - I doubted the authenticity of Breaking News within a line of vocals on my first listen: this is a VERY serious scandal yet it's been reduced to a line of prose 3/4s of a way down all the articles I've seen about the streaming song.

Something along the lines of "The Jackson family claim the vocals aren't even that of the singer, but Sony Music have released a statement standing by the track's authenticity." It's madness, particularly when even Rodney Jerkins doubts it's MJ.

I was so down about this whole mess yesterday, yet when I told my father he simply shrugged and said "well don't buy it then, you've got all his other albums after all" I SERIOUSLY hope this isn't the attitude the general public are taking, because what Sony/The Estate are doing by covering up BN is fraudulent and has completely tarnished the most anticipated album in nearly a decade...

It was on the 6pm news (WPVI- 6ABC) last night here in Philadelphia, and I'm not just talking news about the song, I'm talking about the "debate" over whether it is Michael singing at all. Also, though not mainstream, Gizmodo.com is running an article questioning the legitimacy of this song, so it IS outside of MJ fan circles. I don't listen to FM radio, so I don't know if Steve Harvey or Tom Joyner are discussing it, but I'd be surprised if they were silent about this, and considering The View weighed in on the whole Paul Anka/This Is It fiasco, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought it up on today's hot topics.

This drama just unfolded throughout yesterday on the MJ communities alone, plus it's in the shadow of the Oprah interview from yesterday, so I'm sure more people will be talking about it once more information comes out and depending on how they treat us fans. If they force us to come together and seriously boycott this album due to faking songs, word of mouth WILL get out.

It's simply logic. The media hates MJ and in turn hates MJ's fans. If fans are fuming, it pleases them. Why should they side with fans?

You will notice when the song was released, this should have been major news everywhere as it's MJ's first official song in as many years, but most media outlets were silent because the lyrics were critical of them.

Then when fans were upset, they remained silent because it was not in their interest.

But when Katherine says a few words, they write "Katherine admits addiction" but Katherine never admitted anything. You can only admit to something if you say for certain that you knew of and saw the addiction.

But this suits the media. Don't expect the media to be positive concerning MJ. They were only positive for This Is It because AEG was the one raking in millions. Again they will be for Sony as they will be the ones raking in millions.

But if it was MJ alive and raking in the millions, we would not stop hearing of one tabloid scandal after another.

That money is largely of no use, it's not MJ enjoying it, his kids only get to spend about a million of it a year, which is about 10 million till they are over 20, while the estate in 1 year earned 258 million, and so the beneficiaries are the companies and banks.

But if it was MJ alive living large with Neverland beauty, travelling around the world, going shopping, visiting hospitals and giving to charity, doing business deals, buying up catalogues with his earnings - then you would never stop hearing about his "eccentricness" and "waste of money"

That is the media.

Sources inside Sony Music finally seem to have admitted, the ‘new’ ‘Michael Jackson’ single…. is not sung by Michael Jackson, at least up to 50% they claim. The revelations confirmed what thousands of fans were claiming all over the world yesterday as the track was released amid allegations from the Jackson family including Michael’s children, that some of the vocals used on a number of new Michael Jackson tracks to be included on the forthcoming release “Michael” in December, were not those of the late King of Pop.

An acapella of the track minus the over-produced backing audio surfaced on YouTube earlier today which confirms the vocals are not those of Michael Jackson. The “50% not MJ” admission from Sony Music seems to throw the entire project’s release into doubt.

Source: http://kingofpop.info/news/2010/11/0...chael-jackson/

I believe I speak for most of us when I say 1-0 TO THE FANS! :)

I it will be his name tarnished because of it. :(

that's true :( I am so depressed about this whole situation, i don't even know how I feel about the release of the album anymore because I am afraid that after this mess it won't be as successful as it could be.. And I wanted it to be a huge huge hit. :cry:

In the beginning is NOT MJ , but the part that starts at 2min is SURE MICHAEL JACKSONS VOICE.

I think that for some of the parts they used a stand in , but some other parts are true MJ's voice !!! Producer from Michaels Dangerous & History album confirmed this !!!

READ THIS : http://www.billiejean.be/Latest_News.32.html

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rFbtWfkXp7Q?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rFbtWfkXp7Q?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I also read that they are removing the imposter tracks from the album.

I hope it's all true! :)

Official and legal challenges to this apparent fraud

If it comes to light that Sony is attempting to defraud the public by using a soundalike rather than the real Michael Jackson, they are breaking trading laws in most countries.

It's not only wrong, it's illegal.

I'd like this thread to be here to discuss the legal ramifications of what they are doing and what can be done by fans to prevent these controversial recordings from being released.

In the UK, the Office of Fair Trading seems like a good start:
http://www.oft.gov.uk/consumer-advice/oft-and-cd/
http://www.oft.gov.uk/contactus

The media won't take fans seriously, and to be honest, I doubt most government bodies will either.

But we have to try.

mj_uk;3060858 said:
I also read that they are removing the imposter tracks from the album.

I hope it's all true! :)

Do you have a better source link ??? i can not open this !!!

Re: Official and legal challenges to this apparent fraud

thing is they will prob go with the "there are mj vocals in part" which I think there is... they haven't stated "the whole song is sung by mj"

The link doesn't work, but I HOPE the information is true.

They should just release We've Had Enough as a single, it was an awesome song.

I think it's a given that when you buy an album, you can assume it's by the artist printed on the cover... you can also assume that the song would be recorded by said artist

Why don't you try it czechstar.

They laugh their heads off at you!

It's no wonder most of the world thinks 90% of MJ fans are mad!

I disagree if sony put out a fake semi fake album, the media WILL react...

Thats what i thougt !! Some parts are Michael , other parts NOT&#65279; !!!!

I disagree if sony put out a fake semi fake album, the media WILL react...

Even when Michael is gone, the vultures are still after him!!!!

Now I startin' to think that MJ is kind of on there when I here the acapella.

That source isn't entirely reliable, but it could be correct.

I just can't believe how STUPID Sony are.

Some of the people on here and so many around the world, live, breath, and die for Michael Jackson.

We are sicker than Elvis & Beatle fans put together :D

We spotted the difference straight away, they can't fool us and this will be a flop if they try too.

what i dont understand is why wouldnt this artist want their own recognition ? its all such a mess lol still like the song though !

Back