Sony And Estate Talk Here

Re: Official and legal challenges to this apparent fraud

It's only a matter of time before this sinks into the general public. You can't market fake vocals and claim its Michael Jackson.

Absolutely! Just the fact that the single has already generated controversy will keep a lot of the public away from the album. And once it's released, fans will go through it with a fine-toothed comb, no doubt.

Whether or not Sony can be sued for this, really depends on how the album is marketed (among other factors). If it's marketed as Michael Jackson's music, and IF it is not, then yes, I think they can be sued.

At this point, it would take a forensic voice-analysis to determine how much of it is Michael and how much is not?

There is also the factor of how MUCH of an artist's voice must be on a song for it to be authentic. This already is one, big, MESS, and probably will only get worse once the album is released. :bugeyed

This is "Money" fight among record producers.
The fight is over who will make the most Money off of Michael Jackson. If anyone can prove anything they are saying about "fake", Michael Jackson recordings then everyone should just all go to a court of law and do it. Of course, this will mean the the hold up of any new Michael Jackson musice for years, and maybe forever.

Please pray for the well-being of Michael Jackson's children. :angel:

I believe they have to give credit on the tracks dont they for the vocals
so if they dont they are being deceptive

I tweeted Jackie and asked if they can take any legal action over fake songs
being published. I havent recived a reply yet

Still they have to prove they are fake
mabey they could call for an independent test on the vocals and do it againts
Jason malachis vocals also to see if they match up with the new tracks too .. LOL

Here is Jackies tweet _ first time he has responded to question about the tracks

@JackieJackson5
My friend John McClain (co-executor) and I have insisted for many weeks to have certain tracks
removed from Michael's new album. Unfortunately, our concerns were not taken seriously

Last edited:

Well, now we can add Jackie to the list of people believeing they are fake/give the impression of being fake.

We can also conclude that the comment attributed to him on RF's column was fake.

And there is some serious sh*t going down if John McClain can't stop it. So who's fault is this? Branca or Sony?

Well, now we can add Jackie to the list of people believeing they are fake/give the impression of being fake.

We can also conclude that the comment attributed to him on RF's column was fake.

And there is some serious sh*t going down if John McClain can't stop it. So who's fault is this? Branca or Sony?

I dont think Branca has anything to do with production of the music
MClain is the one who does that _ I would say the disagreement is
with SONY .. I cant say for certain

Re: Sony will continue with this because the only people who care are the hardcore fans.

Who were these ppl anyway? Hardcore fans? Or ppl who thinks Michael's last song was Black or White?... B/c I know these idiots will buy the album, whoever sings, if they like the beat, and can party on it.
I dont know how much $ony needs us to solve their money problems. But I believe they know we wont remain silent if they **** up again, and try to release a fake album.

Re: Sony will continue with this because the only people who care are the hardcore fans.

But 21% is a lot of potential sales that are lost!!!!!!
Even if it was him, some people would vote it is not him, so this poll of TMZ shows, and I am very sad to say this, that the general public believes it's MJ and Sony can get away with this fraud.

Who was the genius (dumb-ass) who decided that Breaking News would be the best song to show the fan community first?

It did get talked about over here in the media yesterday.
Every person that got asked ( well famous people who are fans) said it doesn't fully sound like him.
They even had a fanclub member on the phone to discuss it.
The end conclusion was that everybody is hoping Sony works it out and that the album won't contain "fake" songs.

Maybe I'm naive but I'm going to wait a bit longer to see how this works out.
I think it's not too late to change a few things so that we still get a great album.

Have you noticed that the controversy over who is singing on Breaking News hasn't really filtered through much to the mainstream media?

Here in the States that Monday morning it was talked about on all the morning show(s) channels & news.

People look at this
The only way you know it's the real Michael... Look at this.. List of a lot of unreleased tracks that Michael made.
Search on Wikipedia in English: List of unreleased Michael Jackson material

Nothing says Breaking News, All I need, Carry (which are fake) on in this link, TAKE THAT!
Much Too Soon is on and it's from the real Michael, HA!

People, we are MJ fans!! We make the changes ;) . Sony will NOT get away with this- things are already in motion from us raising our voices that this is not MJ. Awareness is spreading. There's always going to be people who stick their fingers in their ears, but we've never let that stop us from telling the truth before.

We rallied for MJ time after time and this is no different. It's pathetic that we have to keep doing it, but this is for Michael- he gave us so much and that's why we're here standing up for him :).

Right now, we don't really seem to know who was responsible or in on this thing, but we can raise awareness. We can contact the media, we can send emails to sony, we can flood MJ sites with the knowledge.

We're awesome ;) and don't forget it :p !

I noticed the silence of the media too.

Well, we do know that the president of Sony owns various media sources, so he can control what's said in the media about Michael.

It's not a surprise.

Makes me wonder why all these drug addict stories are still circulating back up again. Sony has the power to control that for "their artist" but they don't care. They just care about themselves and their $$$ that they get from their money machine. And we all know who Sony's money machine is. That's all they see him as and nothing more.

Last edited:
SmoothCollins;3062592 said:
People, we are MJ fans!! We make the changes ;) . Sony will NOT get away with this- things are already in motion from us raising our voices that this is not MJ. Awareness is spreading. There's always going to be people who stick their fingers in their ears, but we've never let that stop us from telling the truth before.

We rallied for MJ time after time and this is no different. It's pathetic that we have to keep doing it, but this is for Michael- he gave us so much and that's why we're here standing up for him :).

Right now, we don't really seem to know who was responsible or in on this thing, but we can raise awareness. We can contact the media, we can send emails to sony, we can flood MJ sites with the knowledge.

We're awesome ;) and don't forget it :p !

Well said!!!!!

Would you like to come on our team? Love your fire!

SonyUltimatum.com is being constructed as of today. In the meantime please read this and sign the petition if you agree.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sonyultimatum/

Sony’s Ultimatum

Dear Sony,

We the fans of Mr. Michael J. Jackson are expressing our displeasure with the farce of release that has been broadcast on MichaelJackson.com of “Breaking News.”

We believe the recording is either not Michael Jackson or the vocals have been deliberately or negligently altered or compressed to hide the vibrant, magnificent quality of his voice.

We furthermore are planning and preparing for a full scale boycott of ALL Sony products enlisting our friends and relatives in pursuit of our endeavors.

As fans and supporters of Mr. Jackson’s we are determined to uphold his legacy. His not being amongst us will not prevent us from defending his musical works; rather will cause us to persevere all the more in upholding his musical empire.

We therefore demand that you allow Michael’s family and a small explicit group of select fans to review all material that is planned for the Michael CD immediately and that release of such cannot proceed until approval of has been authorized by Michael’s family and representatives of his fans.

You are individuals of a company looking to market a product but we are the market in which you seek to pursue.

Please be advised should this formal request be taken lightly, delayed or disregarded we shall start the process against you and immediately through a series of projected steps:

1. Inform and recruit members of Michael’s fan base to NOT purchase ANY Sony products including the Michael CD.

2. Expand our efforts to enlist the assistance of our family and friends.

3. Expand our recruitment to the general public by dispersing verified negative information concerning Sony, including faulty products and deceptive tactics while simultaneously bolstering the comparable quality and lesser expensive products of Sony competitors.

4. We shall add on and pursue any additional methods as thought of and deemed necessary throughout our boycott campaign .

Sincerely Yours,

Sharon B. Sidney
SharonBSidney@aim.com

Have you noticed that the controversy over who is singing on Breaking News hasn't really filtered through much to the mainstream media?

Sure, the fanbase is up in arms, but if the mainstream media aren't reporting the story, then Sony will just think that they can get away with this.

And in a month or two, we'll end up with a fake Michael Jackson album, with a few genuine songs thrown in.

This is completely unacceptable and yet nobody outside of the hardcore fanbase gives a damn.

I just have a horrible, horrible feeling that Sony are going to get away with this.

That is nott going to happen!!!!!

We are quietly working gathering fans support so that we can stand up to Sony and demand credible songs that are obviously of Michael Jackson are released on the new CD.

We are the people without hidden agendas- Michael's fans who love and support him, his music and his legacy. We will not let Sony destroy it.

At the point in time it is just as well that the news media is not making any reports if it comes to uit they will have lots to report such as the sudden drop in stocks of all things Sony.

We must work together for together we stand or divided Michael's kingdom will fall.

Spread the word- prepare for a boycott!

SonyUltimatum.com is in the works and the petition being prepared for them is at: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sonyultimatum/

Please read, sign and forward to other fans you know.

God bless!!!

woo! Sharon you're awesome. Who wrote that? It's perfect. I signed, I'd be happy to join the team and help. I'll keep posting the link on facebook sites.

I say "bring it on, Sony!" :)
Oh, no way Sony would go there, they have nothing to gain by it, what I meant is that you as a private person have no chance of beating them... if they were out to fake it, they have the money and connections to pay off the right people to make sure that we would never get to know the truth...

Thanks for the fact you disagree and are respectful. It's appreciated and refreshing.
Well, I can understand why people think it might not be MJ singing it, it does sound like a mix between Jason M and MJ, but it's not enough for me to say it's not MJ ;-)

It's not true at all that Sony can't or won't get sued if they release material that they claim is Michael Jackson, but in fact it is not.
They might get sued, but fans like us do not stand a chance against them, if it turns out that MJ is not singing the songs, it has to be his family or someone with more knowledge and a better chance of proving it than us who takes legal actions....

woo! Sharon you're awesome. Who wrote that? It's perfect. I signed, I'd be happy to join the team and help. I'll keep posting the link on facebook sites.

SmoothCollins I just took what the fans were expressing from their hearts and put it into words, so technically WE wrote it.

I'm glad you are wanting to join us! Please send me a p.m. with the best way to contact you. Would love to have your input on the site and other strategies. It's an effort of love!

Thank you for your endeavors!

God bless!!!

I would really like to revoke my pre-order on michaeljackson.com to send Sony a message that we will NOT settle for an album that isn't 100% mj. I will wait until we know more before I purchase.

Does anyone know how to take back an order from michaeljackson.com, or is it even possible?

Who was the genius (dumb-ass) who decided that Breaking News would be the best song to show the fan community first?

Good question. LOL

I dont believe the TMZ poll,It's rigged.RF and TMZ are hyping the song and the album and they are usually anti-mj,I feel they are getting paid to support it.

a lot of newspapers I'm getting etc. are saying how fans are skeptical about it. Still I'm afraid Sony won't stop.

It's simply logic. The media hates MJ and in turn hates MJ's fans. If fans are fuming, it pleases them. Why should they side with fans?

You will notice when the song was released, this should have been major news everywhere as it's MJ's first official song in as many years, but most media outlets were silent because the lyrics were critical of them.

Then when fans were upset, they remained silent because it was not in their interest.

But when Katherine says a few words, they write "Katherine admits addiction" but Katherine never admitted anything. You can only admit to something if you say for certain that you knew of and saw the addiction.

But this suits the media. Don't expect the media to be positive concerning MJ. They were only positive for This Is It because AEG was the one raking in millions. Again they will be for Sony as they will be the ones raking in millions.

But if it was MJ alive and raking in the millions, we would not stop hearing of one tabloid scandal after another.

That money is largely of no use, it's not MJ enjoying it, his kids only get to spend about a million of it a year, which is about 10 million till they are over 20, while the estate in 1 year earned 258 million, and so the beneficiaries are the companies and banks.

But if it was MJ alive living large with Neverland beauty, travelling around the world, going shopping, visiting hospitals and giving to charity, doing business deals, buying up catalogues with his earnings - then you would never stop hearing about his "eccentricness" and "waste of money"

That is the media.

Co-sign...I'd just like to add if the Estate and Sony who have "full control" over his name, music and the "commodity" of Michael Jackson (via the will and the 250mil distribution deal) can't get it together and represent in a dignified way, there won't be much of a legacy to speak of. Apparently that's what they're aiming for. If those who actually give a damn about MJ don't speak up about how his music and name is being treated, then who? Michael Jackson never did anything half-ass and Sony/the Estate (Branca/McClain) know this. There was no reason for this mess. The greatest entertainer on the planet dies and we get this ish to deal with? Doesn't surprise me though, nothing new. I feel sorry for MJ, he gave his life to the industry, music and worked tirelessly to help others and he gets done this way. What a God forsaken joke! He's not here to mess with anymore, so take his name and fame and use it fraudulently? It's all about the money no integrity or decency whatsoever. If this is how it's going to be for the next 7 years with Sony/Estate, I'll pass.

Last edited:

I wonder who their target audience really is... and what they're playing at. "For the fans," my ass. If they really cared about us, they wouldn't have anything to hide.

I dont believe the TMZ poll,It's rigged.RF and TMZ are hyping the song and the album and they are usually anti-mj,I feel they are getting paid to support it.

I don't believe the TMZ poll is rigged either. Their target audience consists of mainly idiots who wouldn't know a legit anything if it danced naked before their eyes. 79% sounds about right--that's more or less the amount of people I would expect, from TMZ's viewer pool, who would be dull enough to be fooled.

I dont think sony is to be blamed for,
Sony just bought the rights from Eddie Casio, and they wasted a lot of money
to make sure it was the real deal they even hired a Musicologist from FBI
to confirm it was him, and former producers and people who worked with him such as Frank Dileo, Teddy Riley, Bruce Swedien and Seth Riggs,
so I do not see any reason why they would suspend the album
and I think it is unfair to the fans to make Sony as an evil company,
they had their issues with Michael but lets get it right it worked out most of the time.

Everyone, please let's stay on topic in here. And continue to discuss in a respectful manner. Thanks all! :) Thread cleaned.

Last edited:

It's unfortunate that all this has coincided with oprah's interview, a quick google and you will see that the media are not taking any notice and indeed do not seem to give two hoots about whether the vocals on breaking news are real or not.

I will say this again to inform other fans who don't already know.

The president of $ony owns various media sources, so he can control what's being said in the media about Michael.

And I agree, if McClain can't stop this....something is going on behind the scenes.

I would say that we should all pitch in and hire own forsenic, but then that's really uncessary. All we fans have to do is FEEL MICHAEL in his song and we know it's him.

As Charles Kaplow said, the person singing breaking news is a very very different soul.

Back