Sony And Estate Talk Here

Yes, it's Michael Jackson, Epic Records insists

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-records-insists/story-e6frg8n6-1225951318363

IS it the King of Pop or not?

Epic Records, Michael Jackson's record label, has responded to media reports this week claiming that the posthumous Jackson album Michael, due for release next month, has a ring-in singing on some of the tracks.

The album features out-takes from various Jackson recording sessions and five tracks recorded at the home of American producer Eddie Cascio in 2007.

A report on the TMZ website claims Jackson's children Paris and Prince Michael have alleged the voice on the Cascio tracks is not their father's. This prompted Epic to issue statements yesterday supporting the view that it is Jackson on the Cascio recordings.

The singer and his children spent four months at Cascio's studio cum home while recording the new songs.

"We have complete confidence in the results of our extensive research as well as the accounts of those who were in the studio with Michael that the vocals on the new album are his own," is the official line from Epic.

Producer Teddy Riley and Jackson's manager Frank Dileo have also chimed in with support for the album's authenticity.

"I have been working with Michael since 1991," Riley says. "Needless to say, we spent months and months in the studio together. I know Michael's voice in every range; I've explored Michael's vocal ability from baritone and tenor to alto and soprano. My feelings on the authenticity of his vocals on this album are that they were all done by Michael in different places and in different climates."

Dileo says he has no doubt "it is Michael's voice we are hearing on the Cascio tracks. I spoke to Michael by telephone at Cascio's home studio several times while he was recording with them, and he was excited and enthused by the music and the experience."

Breaking News, a track from the new album, was made available on the Jackson website yesterday.

On it, the singer takes a swipe at the media portrayal of him, singing: "Everybody wanting a piece of Michael Jackson", "who is that boogie man you're thinking of?" and "they want to see that I fall 'cos I'm Michael Jackson".

Re: Yes, it's Michael Jackson, Epic Records insists

No, it's not Michael Jackson. At least not on the Cascio tracks.

Epic fail.

All Estate Talk Here

If there is an impersonator singing and----- if Sony is allowed to get away with filling in Michael's vocals on the single "Breaking News" -----then it is possible they are planning now or in the future to pay half of Michael's higher royalties to some tribute artist wanna be.

They may plan to continue doing so by skipping over complete tracks to add more profit to Sony's margin.

We want Michael's voice, no imitations!!!!!

If it is Michael's voice on the track then perhaps they intentionally altered and compressed it so that we would start expecting less and accept anything they throw at us.

We must fight for Michael's legacy now! We are the ones with no other agenda but love and appreciation for him and his music.

Join us!!!!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sonyultimatum/
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sonyultimatum/

Be prepared for SonyUltimatum.com

Re: Sony will continue with this because the only people who care are the hardcore fans.

I dont think sony is to be blamed for,
Sony just bought the rights from Eddie Casio, and they wasted a lot of money
to make sure it was the real deal they even hired a Musicologist from FBI
to confirm it was him, and former producers and people who worked with him such as Frank Dileo, Teddy Riley, Bruce Swedien and Seth Riggs,
so I do not see any reason why they would suspend the album
and I think it is unfair to the fans to make Sony as an evil company,
they had their issues with Michael but lets get it right it worked out most of the time.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Agree............

It's not like any other music label would treat Michael with more respect then Sony would..............

Record label don't care about people's feelings.........they just care about sales.............Tommy Mottola is not Sony, he was employed by Sony......

They won't release anything they think would be a failure........people won't buy fake songs, it then would be a failure...........

I still have no idea if Breaking News is Michael.........but there are some definite vocals added on the original............but it looks like Sony are 100% convinced that the original demo is 100% Michael.......

Everyone on this forum will quiet down when the real single from Michael is released............

All Sony Talk Here

Is anyone else finding the stony silence of Sony and the estate extremely arrogant?

Are they just hoping that we'll all get bored of this and it'll blow over? They need to release a statement to let the fans know what's going on.

Re: All Sony Talk Here

If they released a statement they would be admitting they are listening to the fans, I believe $ONY are going to go ahead and stick by their guns and sell as many of these fake albums as possible.
The sales will be very poor and the fake tracks will get no air play thus the album will be a failure because of $ONY's arrogance.
In time i only hope that $ONY do admit they tried it on with us all and FAILED!I cant ever see that happening.

I have no reason to doubt any of this. After hearing the acapella (sp?) version, it sounds more like MJ than ever.

Someone is getting a bit stupid here. Well, Michael WAS in the studio and also singing there but it doesn't mean right away it is Michael who is singing on those fake tracks. I think there were never final takes and Michael used to destroy all the practice takes or not record them at all. So, people in the studio could have heard Michael singing very well but it was never recorded plus saved. I think it's that Cascios were disappointed Michael never made final takes and now they have faked/staged the whole thing, for the money.

Re: All Sony Talk Here

I agree with Adam.

I poineted before: Do you remember the controversy about 'this is it' (song).
About how new and it came out how oooollld the song is.
that proves, Sony knows shit.

Also, everytime one of these Malachi songs came out, I, probably you and many others had doubt about being Michael. Without the Family or any other influence.

As I read few days ago the Family, the kids claiming not been Michaels voice, I thought, they especially the kids CAN'T really decide if it's really his voice. Yes, they were his kids, lived with him, but we the fans spent more time with his songs, his art, then they ever did. We heard songs, saw him performing, singing live and playback and so much stuff, that the kids will problably never have seen or hear.
But now I see they are right about this.

the Casio guy is the one that tried to fraud everybody, not sony.

It's good that this came out before the album was out. Can you imagine what scandal this would be, when it came out that songs are completed with impresator? that way actions can be taken and things fixed.

Background vocals by other artist are ok, but not 90% lead vocals.

It's still time to stop productions. remove the songs and delay the release.

thats what I think has been mixed in BN:
the acapella makes even more clear

0:13-0:28 Malachi with some breath taking of Michael mixed in
0:28-0:39 Michael (?) not all of it
0:40-0:48 Malachi & Michael mixed
0:50-0:59 Malachi with some breath taking of Michael mixed in
1:00-1:09 Malachi with some breath taking of Michael mixed in
1:09-1:28 Michael
1:31-1:38 Malachi
1:38-1:39 Michael
1:43-1:49 Michael
1:54-1:59 Malachi
1:59-2:15 Malachi
2:36-2:42 Michael
2:58-3:10 Michael & Malachi mixed

everytime where Michael is mixed in, you hear some talking/background noise.

Doesn't matter how altered his voice was in other songs , you always know, could hear, it's him. and not like here, trying to search for parts thats "could be" his voice.

My conclusion is:

I truely start to belive this was a test. BUT not by Sony. Sony is average Joe. For them it sounds like Michael. Just like those 133.000 that voted on TMZ, it's Michael. I doubt they did any forensic analysis.

Now, Michael recorded something with Cascio. But not completed anything. Some backing vocals, some lead vocals, but no full song. Cascio takes someone with close vocal range like Michael to fulfil the songs. Gives them to the Estate.
the Estate either knows that the songs aren't only Michaels vocals or are suspicious. And gives this particular track to Sony to test, if this could pass.
It fails.

they could have easily give one song out that has no doubt in anyway, like DYKWCA or Much too soon.
I know, I repead what have been said. But to me there is no other explanation.

And about changing the pitch. It's none sense. Like It was said, changing Janet voice with lower pitch, she soungs like Michael. So that doesn't give any prove.

PS: i copy/pasted what i've wrote before. Hope that doesn't come as spamming.

Last edited:
Re: All Estate Talk Here

OK, thread restarted, be civil, leave out conspiracy theories and just have a bit of respect for one another.

After thinking about the message released by the estate I think we have another possible problem heading our way.

We were given two names that we need to pay attention to you guys:
One was of the impersonator they said was used on the track- James Porte
The other was the impersonator some fans had been claiming they used- Jason Malachi.

Now let's stop and think for a second... If they already had the credits of who maw messing up that track then why did they need to contact Malachi?

It seems either the Porte claim was part of an attempt at damage control or it was him and the fans have brought Malachi to Sony and the estates attention.

We have to be warned at this point Sony and the estate may be trying to get Malachi to record the other two tracks and fool us again, as well as use him for any future deceptions they have planned.

We need to be certain Sony knows that we want Michael and we'll take no substitutions!
We've loved him far too much, and we've waited far too long to allow them to do this to him and us.

They thought their official release may bring them some form of damage control I presume but we have to realize WE are our own allies and not bite into all of what they are trying to feed us.

To the estate of Michael Jackson:

We thank you for the information and as we mentioned before we say again, WE WANT MICHAEL AND WE'LL TAKE NO SUBSTITUTIONS!!!!!

Spread the word you guys, we wont back down!

After thinking about the message released by the estate I think we have another possible problem heading our way.

We were given two names that we need to pay attention to you guys:
One was of the impersonator they said was used on the track- James Porte
The other was the impersonator some fans had been claiming they used- Jason Malachi.

Now let's stop and think for a second... If they already had the credits of who maw messing up that track then why did they need to contact Malachi?

It seems either the Porte claim was part of an attempt at damage control or it was him and the fans have brought Malachi to Sony and the estates attention.

We have to be warned at this point Sony and the estate may be trying to get Malachi to record the other two tracks and fool us again, as well as use him for any future deceptions they have planned.

We need to be certain Sony knows that we want Michael and we'll take no substitutions!
We've loved him far too much, and we've waited far too long to allow them to do this to him and us.

They thought their official release may bring them some form of damage control I presume but we have to realize WE are our own allies and not bite into all of what they are trying to feed us.

To the estate of Michael Jackson:

We thank you for the information and as we mentioned before we say again, WE WANT MICHAEL AND WE'LL TAKE NO SUBSTITUTIONS!!!!!

Spread the word you guys, we wont back down!

I signed the petition.

Back