Sony and Jackson Estate reach agreement for Sony to acquire remaining half of Sony/ATV Music Publish

Always wondered if this would get brought up. Maybe off load some songs to the estate

or maybe offload Mijac music catalog to another publishing company then, divorce from Sony would be complete:)

How come EC has so much power that they can dictate what companies the other side of the pond can or cannot do?

or maybe offload Mijac music catalog to another publishing company then, divorce from Sony would be complete:)

Over MiJac Sony only has administration rights. It's not theirs.

How come EC has so much power that they can dictate what companies the other side of the pond can or cannot do?

I think it's about monopoly/market domination laws. They have to negotiate that with the relevant authorities both in Europe and in the US. It was the same when Sony/ATV bought EMI in 2012.

The Sony Corporation of America's $2.2 billion acquisition of EMI Music Publishing was approved by the European Union today with few concessions, despite protests from Warner Music Group and independent label groups such as Impala, Billboard reports. The deal now awaits approval by the United States Federal Trade Comission.

The EU has stated, though, that its decision is conditional upon Sony/ATV divesting worldwide publishing rights to four catalogs (Virgin Music Publishing U.K., Virgin Europe, Virgin U.S., and Famous Music U.K.) and the musical works of 12 authors (including Ozzy Osbourne, Robbie Williams, Ben Harper and Lenny Kravitz). Their reasoning is that without such divestment, the merger would have allowed Sony/ATV to dominate the marketplace, as they would own full or partial publishing rights to over half the chart hits in the U.K. and Ireland, which would affect the ability to license such songs in the U.K. and across Europe.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...-music-publishing-approved-in-europe-20120419

think it's about monopoly/market domination laws. They have to negotiate that with the relevant authorities both in Europe and in the US. It was the same when Sony/ATV bought EMI in 2012.
----------------

Yeap. Be intesting to see if they try to stop it

I am not a fan of Sony having control over anything I happen to like!

I usually don't go to other threads, but... Somebody mentioned here it was a good business for Jackson estate, they just chose an easy way, what a BIG BIG shame on them, it should have never happened. Because the catalogue itself was some kind of MJ Legacy and Will not to sell it to them. MJ opinion would have never changed on this subject I guess. Why do some people in this thread don't understand that it was not all just about the money, it was about principles, about the future of music industry and artists that they shouldn't have laid hands on it. I am so tired of those illuminati already. Somebody has to ground something called anti-illuminati to bring back the balance :)

^^^^

So it's ok for Michael to own other people's music, but not ok for Sony to own it? I'm confused!

yes, sony is evil as MJ once said, not ok for Sony to own it, in no way. I wonder what kind of fan you are if at all if you don't know that. But who knows what kind of people creep into this forum.

yes, sony is evil as MJ once said, not ok for Sony to own it, in no way. I wonder what kind of fan you are if at all if you don't know that. But who knows what kind of people creep into this forum.

No one's "creeping". They simply hold a different opinion than yours.

for me these are not fans, so they creeped into this forum to manipulate the fans' opinion on this. I won't explain who is evil, who stands behind it and so on, there is enough information about it in the internet. Those who want will find. And it's not all about the catalogue, it's about ATV Music Publish which goes together with it and the agreement that was made in the past according to which any profit sony will make in the future from any new singers is connected with giving lion part of it (50 percent) to ATV Music Publish as in agreement it was said that sony can publish all new songs only through ATV Music Publish which was MJ's. Catalogue plus ATV Music Publish are at least 1,5 billion worth and they are selling it for half a price. That's what MJ was supposedly killed for. So his children won't profit from this selling deal and just on the contrary will be in great disadvantage.

Last edited:
I am ignoring any comments like you don't exist for me, like you are nobody having no real arguments for a dispute. I will post for those who have ears to hear. I would visit this site to stay tuned - fan site dedicated to seeking justice for Michael:

http://www.teammichaeljackson.com/

MJ debts on June 25, 2009:

http://www.teammichaeljackson.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/mjs-debts.jpg

28 million and not 500.
I looked at this debt page. Where is item #1, 4, 5, 6, and 11, 12, 13 and 14?

well, I've studied not only english speaking forums and the info I read - I think it is amazing and frightening at the same time, this is really evil what people can do and are doing. It seems there was so much mafia around MJ wanting to get it all and then I read the name of this mogul together with viewing his photo and biography planning to destroy MJ and about so much fraud around MJ estate that will leave MJ rightful heirs penniless at the end and that the whole Jackson family has no say in all this, they can't change anything in the situation untill this manager with his false MJ will is there, they can't even replace him, so they have to be nice with him to get something at least. My opinion is they all should continue the way they do, steal, ruin, kill, whatever, it will all be coming back to them at the end. Maybe the things will change when US president changes to another one and they will start doing something with it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I hope so, why it can't happen.

Not to put too fine a point on it but the Leader of the Free World will have more important things to do than get involved in the fan-imagined conspiracy against a deceased pop star.

very well, I am already bored with this thread, will go somewhere where I will find more entertainment. We can't do anything to change anything or to prove who was right, who was wrong, we have only the time to watch and I will be watching to see what happens in 5, 10, 15, 20 years and so on. And there is nothing I imagine in that way, I am a logical person. Anyway I will keep my fingers crossed for Hilary this year. There was already black president, now there should be at least one woman president. :)

Last edited:
I would hope the president would not put much thought into music politics right now... If that is where we think his mind should be at allll - I think our priorities are a little jaded.. There are people dying, lifes threatened, unlivable conditions, there are also large nuclear threats happening that needs more attention... And if we are talking money the 18 trillion dollars of debt that the U.S. has is priority ..

The president has more to focus on than the Jackson family!

That will be the least of the worlds problems if trump gets in. start building your nucke bunker while you can!

maybe that's where it all ties together...?? The Estate and Sony building a huge bunker for us? lol

That will be the least of the worlds problems if trump gets in. start building your nucke bunker while you can!

O-ho-ho, well if Trumps gets in and it is said in some other forum discussions he is a free mason and illuminati, then I should leave Russia as soon as possible, as they will send it our way in the first place. I don't doubt Putin will also send something back. What is the safest place on this earth? ;) What is the reason Trump was boasting he had a photo with Michael Jackson made in the 80's and that MJ stopped at his tower during his honeymoon with LMP.

I think you will be safe. He seems to like putin!

He makes us believe that, he is showing us just the opposite of what he really is. I remember his speech years ago concerning nuclear weapons, and I thought he was crazy and thought at that time that thanks God nobody will vote vor him and he has no chance, nobody will take him serious, but it seems the situation is different now.

True. We are all in trouble if god forbid he gets in but i can see the CIA making him have a accident before then!

True. We are all in trouble if god forbid he gets in but i can see the CIA making him have a accident before then!

He reminded me of Hitler somehow. But he follows his crazy illuminati agenda to lessen the population of this planet so that the new world order can rule the whole planet. First he will give nuclear weapons as a present to South Korea and Japan, so that they can hit each other and the neighbouring countries. Russia will be not happy that it's all happening near its borders and that the nuclear clouds go to the territory of Russia with wind and will step in. Then he wants to destroy these IGIL terrorists with one nuclear hit, but probably terrorists also will have nuclear weapons to send back. So here we go. Then he stands for closing NATO, so there won't be power to bring balance back. And after this turmoil they will step out as saviours. I am afraid CIA won't do anything if only some third power stepped in. The evil forces always manage to get united while the good ones are not united and stand separately and are an easy target like MJ was.

Back