Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Spoilers!

I saw the movie again last week and this time in 2D. I enjoy it very much but the Starkiller Base wasn't a good idea. It got destroyed too easily. Destroying Death Star felt hard in Star Wars and The Empire Striked Back and in this Poe just flies there and destroys it. I didn't feel anything when it blew up. I also didn't like Snoke. Awful name and I don't want CGI bad guys in Star Wars movies.

I have been listening the soundtrack more. Great music.

Last edited:
^That was hilarious! :lol:

"Hearing that Zach lost his son, that really struck a nerve with me.... Especially since I'm the one that killed him." "Kylo Ren is a punk bitch!" :lmao:

Since there is no other Star Wars thread, I don't know where to put it but after watching this video I can't make fun or being rude to Jar Jar. :( I still can't believe Michael wanted to play that character, I will believe it until George Lucas himself say it but I'm gladhe didn't perform it, I couldn't have stand Michael being universally hated foor such an unlikable character.

Last edited:
I liked it but but fights were lacking IMO and Kylo Ren was even weaker to me than Anakin when he was begining to join the dark side.

A few things to keep in mind.

1. As mentioned by Snoke at the end of the film, Kylo Ren still has a lot of training to complete. Given his lack of proper opponents to train on, I'm not surprised he isn't the greatest with a blade in lightsaber combat. Anakin Skywalker on the other hand had not only been training constantly and consistently for ~14 years, but he had far more opportunities to utilise his lightsaber in an actual duel than Kylo Ren would have (on top of being The Chosen One). It's only to be expected that Anakin Skywalker was far more superior in combat than Kylo Ren.

2. On top of this, Kylo was gravely injured by Chewbacca's bolt; even going so far as to try to utilise the pain to help fuel his anger into the dark side (when we see him hitting his wound). Consider how for the whole film, stormtroopers and alike have been sent flying from these bowcaster bolts, but Kylo Ren remains where he stands for the most part after being hit. On top of the immense physical pain that he is suffering from, he would be quite emotionally shaken at that time having killed his own father minutes earlier.

3. Last but not least, he had orders to bring Rey to Snoke, not kill her.

I quite like the fights in this film. They're slower, more wild and feel far more brutal than before. We see what the lightsaber is like in combat when used by those who have never used a lightsaber before. PLUS we finally see a stormtrooper be cut down with one :p I find Kylo Ren to be extremely fascinating as a villain. While Vader and Palpatine were more chilling and in control, Kylo is all over the place psychologically and I'm really excited to see where they take his character in the next few films!

On top of this, Kylo was gravely injured by Chewbacca's bolt
There is one thing that bothered me about this. Kylo Ren should have been dead after the shot. Compare it to the damage the gun did in other parts of the movie. :D

Last edited:
I saw this movie last week and while I liked it, I felt the plot was too much like Episode IV...

Oh and Rey is such a Mary Sue, that scene where she does the Jedi mind trick was too much! lol :bugeyed Kylo was pretty cool though!

Ok it's time I shared this analyzed review from one of my favorite YouTube Movie Reviewers, Chris Stuckmann

There is one thing that bothered me about this. Kylo Ren should have been dead after the shot. Compare it to the damage the gun did in other parts of the movie. :D

That, my friend, is the power of the dark side for you :p

I saw this movie last week and while I liked it, I felt the plot was too much like Episode IV...

Oh and Rey is such a Mary Sue, that scene where she does the Jedi mind trick was too much! lol :bugeyed Kylo was pretty cool though!

I feel the similarities thing is overblown by people (not you specifically, I'm talking about general commenters I've seen on the internet). I saw this graphic online that had the plot of Episode IV, crossed out some of the words and replaced them with the equivalent from Episode VII. Problem is that it often twisted the plot in both films to suit it's agenda, even making up the odd plot point or two and left out a huggeeee portion of The Force Awakens' plot (like literally, Finn was hardly even mentioned in the "comparison").

I think if you focus on Rey solely, there are some similarities to A New Hope, but that's if you leave out the entire subplot of Finn, Han/Leia, Kylo and his parents etc. Finn's story especially is one we've never seen in Star Wars. Honestly the only part of TFA that bothered me with it's similarities was the Starkiller (although there was some nice variations on that). Apart from that, The Force Awakens had more than enough differences to satisfy me and feel like it's own film in it's own right.

Ignoring the story and focusing more on the business side of things, I'm not surprised that Disney went for a familiar territory for the film, in fact I think it was even needed. I remember when Disney announced it's plans to make Episode VII, there was A LOT of skepticism as to whether Disney could make a good Star Wars film. Would they Disneyfy it? Would it feel like the old Star Wars films we all grew up watching and loving? It was absolutely crucial that Disney nailed their first attempt with The Force Awakens as the performance of all the subsequent Star Wars films depended on it. By re-introducing some familiar aspects from the original trilogy, it would play along much better with audiences (many of whom wanted 'an Old Star Wars film') and thus help give everyone faith that Disney is capable of making excellent Star Wars films. While I, personally, am not overly bothered by the odd familiarity with A New Hope, I do hope it distinguishes itself more in Episode VIII and IX.

I do see the issue with Rey being quite a perfect character. While she does have some weaknesses, I think that'll be explored much more in Episode VIII. That's what happened in Episode IV, Luke's weaknesses weren't really explored until Episode V.

^^Me too. I didn't realize she was only 60. I really want her to be OK-her brother, Todd, is there and said she's still in intensive care this morning.

Back