Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

3 Exclusive Retro Posters
SW-TFA-odyssey-v2.jpg
SW-TFA-winter-v2b.jpg
SW-TFA-long-v2b.jpg

I'm flashing back to childhood and seeing the original Star Wars. I've got my tix and can't wait!

From December 18 on I will try to avoid SW discussion as much as I can in order to avoid spoilers. I won't go to the premiere, I will probably wait the madness to die down a little bit to go to the theater. Possibly I will after Christmas but we will see.

The release is on December 16 here so 10 days left. I have my ticket reserved already. Can't wait! :)

Yeah, same here. I'll be avoiding social media because I'll definitely run into spoilers. I got my ticket and seat reserved for that weekend though, so I'm set. :) This is gonna be big. Movie events like this don't come around too often. Can't believe it's almost here. I'm ready. :)

I go watch the movie tomorrow. Some years ago I would have never believed if somebody said that there would a new Star Wars movie and it would be with the original cast. Now it's reality. Can't wait! I think I'll watch Return of the Jedi today.

Now some music to get the right atmosphere

Last edited:
I just saw the movie. Don't read anymore if you haven't seen the movie.

SPOILERS!

It was ok but I was a little disappointed. First half of the movie was really good and especially the Jakku scenes and the escape of Finn and Poe. It was great to see the old character again and I liked Rey and Finn. The bad guy Kylo Ren wasn't that good and I didn't like the actor. Also I was really annoyed about what happened to Han. The scene was great but it kind of ruined the movie for me. Also I didn't like how Rey and Finn knew how to fight with the lightsaber suddenly. Also it didn't make any sense that Rey knew how to use the Force at this point. She just heard about it. There were many things I liked but it wasn't as great as I hoped it to be. Definitely better than the prequels.

SPOILERS!

Last edited:
Just not to read spoilers, just not to read spoilers, just not to read spoilers...

tumblr_mvnmsp3BmR1s4auico1_250.gif

Saw it. Enjoyed it. Perfect? No but pretty entertaining. Love me some Harrison always. ;)

I just saw the movie. Don't read anymore if you haven't seen the movie.

SPOILERS!

It was ok but I was a little disappointed. First half of the movie was really good and especially the Jakku scenes and the escape of Finn and Poe. It was great to see the old character again and I liked Rey and Finn. The bad guy Kylo Ren wasn't that good and I didn't like the actor. Also I was really annoyed about what happened to Han. The scene was great but it kind of ruined the movie for me. Also I didn't like how Rey and Finn knew how to fight with the lightsaber suddenly. Also it didn't make any sense that Rey knew how to use the Force at this point. She just heard about it. There were many things I liked but it wasn't as great as I hoped it to be. Definitely better than the prequels.

SPOILERS!

Kylo Ren doesn't bring the kind of visceral menace that Darth Vader did. He's pretty solidly in wannabe territory at this point, which is probably intentional. He crosses a threshold here, obviously, but I question whether he will ever become truly frightening, or just petty and vicious. Rey's ability with the lightsaber kind of made sense given who she's clearly supposed to be, Finn I'm not so sure of, but he is a trained soldier and can press a button and hack away at something. It didn't play as if either Rey, Finn, or Kylo were truly masters with the lightsaber.

It was overall a pretty fun movie, with more of a human element than the prequels and plenty of action to go around. There were a few too many callbacks to the original trilogy, though. Some were storytelling devices to convey information about one of the characters that they didn't want to spell out for us, but others were just bothersome -- yet another Death Star? Why do they keep building those things? It never works out. I have to say that my favorite part was the very ending scene. I love it when an actor can convey that much without any lines.

I couldn't be happier with this movie. It hit all the right notes for me and was everything a Star Wars movie should be. Enjoyed watching with a crowd too. I saw a few cosplayers and there were plenty of cheers and applause.

Saw it this morning with my sister. We both enjoyed it a lot, and my sister isn't even a Star Wars fan. XD I wouldn't go as far as to say it was the best of the series, but it was way better than the prequels. The characters were great, the plot was engaging, the fight scenes were cool, and even the humor was well done. My only complaint is that I felt the villains were kind of weak. Hopefully the sequels set them up better.

Our crowd kinda sucked, though; I guess all the excited crowds were at the opening day/midnight showings. =/ This was at 11am so there were lots of families and elderly people. Also the trailers before the movie went on forever. I think it was the longest pre-movie trailer sequence I've ever seen.

Spoilers don't spoil a movie for me; I actually check them out first, LOL! I like Jeremy Jahns' reviews the best. I'm going to see the movie sometime after New Year's Day.
But for many they do spoil so ppl need to be considerate cus there have been some ppl who are being douchebags trying to ruin the movie for fans begging the question "What do they get out of ruining a movie for fans?". Yeah Jeremy is great. I actually met him back in July at San Diego Comic-Con. Good guy.

Best movie of the year! As of right now I rank this one behind Empire Strikes Back. The Force Awakens is better than all the prequels. Oh what a glorious movie. I'm gonna watch it again tomorrow!

Loved it very much, have seen it twice. Not gonna spoil anything for anyone. ;)

Here's a special STAR WARS review of something that George Lucas and the ppl involved hate and wish never happened........ Enjoy!

Back