Status hearings discussion thread / all threads merged

• Thread starter elusive moonwalker
  • Start date
Re: court hearing 7th february discussion thread

Glad it is being televised. We have seen and heard enough biased reporting. Let us hear what the witnesses have to say for ourselves.

every little detail will be repeated by the media regardless of the trial being televised or not.

this allows us to see it with our own eyes and hear it with our own ears rather than depending on media.
will we still get updates here my heart cant take watching him on tv

Of course, and those who are looking at it on TV will come to the thread to post their comments.

its 3.30 here had about 2 hrs sleep and feel like crap. hearing this makes me feel even more sick. yet more realisation of what is happ. im going away till the 15th. guess that hearing will be whether the defence have handed over their evidence or not
glad it will be streamed cause we can see the facts but not gald in an other sense cause actually seeing inside the courtroom will make it hurt even more

Will this be the first time that a high profile case trial has been streamed online It just sounds 'different' to me that the judge I guess approves for online streaming.

Will this be the first time that a high profile case trial has been streamed online It just sounds 'different' to me that the judge I guess approves for online streaming.
Did the O.J. Simpson case stream online.??...I know it was televised.

yes. We'll do daily summaries, don't worry about it.

Technically judge allowed it to be televised. Anything that is televised can also be online streamed and we are just assuming at the moment that channels will do both. (ex: CNN online streamed MJ's memorial, they can simply do the same for the trial as well. and TMZ had a request for cameras- why do that if they don't plan to have it streamed).

OJ case was televised. It aired fully on Court TV and other channels (such as CNN) showed parts of it. It happened in 1995 so I think it was relatively early for online streaming.

Similarly this will probably will air at channels such as Court TV.

I don't think so..I viewed it on television..Internet was just then getting big in 1995-1997 - (lol in 95 I was still using 'dial-up' internet) but I guess there is that possiblity because I was in The States,so maybe if you were in another country you saw it on a stream? But It's probably unlikely that it was anything like this is going to be since technology is larger and more widely available - with more internet acess at our fingertips on cell phones and portable devices and with the public acess to 'hook-up' while at a courthouse,library..restaurants. It may be a first.
(I checked Wiki and it mentions televised,but nothing about streamed.)

:wub:
souldreamer7

Edit*
Ivy -
You and I posted around the same time with the same findings.
I found this announcement from CNN
Trial Update - judge rules it will be televised
Conrad Murray trial will be streamed & televised.

Judge rules trial of Michael Jackson's doctor can be televised
By Alan Duke, CNN
February 7, 2011 6:08 p.m. EST
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
The trial of Dr. Conrad Murray will start March 24
Opening statements are expected the first week of April
Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter in pop star's death
Los Angeles (CNN) -- Jury selection in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, accused in the death of pop star Michael Jackson, will begin on March 24, a judge ordered Monday.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor also approved television cameras in court for the trial.
Pastor had set the trial to start March 28 when Murray invoked his right to a speedy trial during his arraignment last month. But the judge later decided it was cutting too close to the 60-day limit.
"Absolutely, we simply can't start on the last day," Pastor said.
The opening statements are likely to be delivered during the first week of April. The trial is expected to last about six weeks, according to the defense and prosecution.
Murray, who remains free on a $75,000 bond, was not in court for Monday's hearing. His lawyers said he was busy earning a living with his medical practice in Las Vegas and Houston.
Pastor blocked the doctor from using his California medical license until the trial is completed. The state medical board requested that be made a provision of his bail.
Murray entered a not guilty plea at his arraignment last month.
"Your honor, I am an innocent man," Murray said.
He was Jackson's personal doctor when the pop star died on June 25, 2009, from what a coroner ruled was "acute propofol intoxication," in combination with "the contributory affects of the benzodiazepines."

Last edited:

so the prosecutor said that the defense hasn't handed over any discovery yet and the trial is next month? I guess the reason for that is because they don't have any. There is nothing for them to defend because Murray is guilty as sin. He bought, injected and killed MJ. There is no defense for him

That is quite common they won't start handing over things until the very last minute. It is done all of the time remember the OJ trail they handed things over the very day of the trial. However if by the next court hearing and they still have not handed anything over..

That is quite common they won't start handing over things until the very last minute. It is done all of the time remember the OJ trail they handed things over the very day of the trial. However if by the next court hearing and they still have not handed anything over..

The defense seems to be taking their time and taking advantage of all their legal rights. I expect them to bring some of those wonderful patients to testify how Murray saved their lives.

A friend of mine told me something that I did not think about until now. Murray says he walked out of the room and came back and noticed Michael was not breathing because he notice his chest frame was not moving up and down. So would that mean Michael was in the same position he was in when he left the room on his back? Does anyone else find it strange that he did not say he noticed Michael's eyes were open?

The defense seems to be taking their time and taking advantage of all their legal rights. I expect them to bring some of those wonderful patients to testify how Murray saved their lives.

But then you will be getting into Conrad Murray the person. Are they sure they want to do that?

But then you will be getting into Conrad Murray the person. Are they sure they want to do that?

They should not for their own good, but I would love to see them do that.

I'm glad it's being televised. Now people won't have an excuse to make up crap about Michael. Since TV is some people's God, they can't question it. Right?

Suddenly, everything is happening really fast... Looks like we'll have the verdict by the end of spring already.

So televised as in like live as in like national television if so WOW good move now no one can deny the FACTS

It is going to be difficult to watch.

A friend of mine told me something that I did not think about until now. Murray says he walked out of the room and came back and noticed Michael was not breathing because he notice his chest frame was not moving up and down. So would that mean Michael was in the same position he was in when he left the room on his back? Does anyone else find it strange that he did not say he noticed Michael's eyes were open?

I find this strange as well eyes and mouth open but Murray didnt mention that? Gives me horrible thoughts, like he didnt die whilst 'asleep' I guess they going to use that to back up their self administration defence but it says something different to me.

I never thought I'd live in such reality. In 2000 Watts section we already have MJ Memorial, now we're about to witness Michael's murder trial... Hate this world, reality s|cks. :(

Last edited:

I never thought I'll live in such reality. In 2000 Watts section we already have MJ Memorial, now we're about to witness Michael's murder trial... Hate this world, reality s|cks. :(

Yes, I agree with you.:(

Yes..I feel like I am living in a twilight zone. Nothing seems real.
I don"t know what will I do if justice does not come.

I thought about it many times, unless Murray takes the stand, the prosecution won't be able to bring up that point , at least not the significance of it. The people who described MJ's open mouth and wide open eyes were the bodyguards ,they were interviewed months after the death so obvioulsy the investigators did not know about that fact when they questioned Murray and that was not brought up in that interview. By the time the paramedics arrived Murray already managed to close MJ's eyes

will chernoff be stupid enough to put Murray on the stand? almost everything he said was a lie and the prosecution will be able to impeach him on almost everything.

a general question: can the prosecution put a defendant on the stand? or it can only be done by the defence?

a general question: can the prosecution put a defendant on the stand? or it can only be done by the defence?

only can be done by the defense

It's a constitutional right. Everyone charged with a crime can remain silent throughout the trial proceedings.

Testimony: Jackson's doctor e-mailed that star was OK on fatal day
POP STAR

January 10, 2011|By Alan Duke, CNN

Dr. Conrad Murray, right (with defense attorney John Michael Flanagan), emailed that Michael Jackson was in good health.
Dr. Conrad Murray sent an email to a British insurance agent assuring him that Michael Jackson was in good health just 40 minutes before the doctor realized the pop star had stopped breathing, according to testimony Monday.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-10/justice/california.con...

Seemingly quackster and his defence cannot make up their mind whether Michael was healthy or not!

Des-per-a-tion.

yep and no defense.. How is a doctor going to say his patient's health was failing but he did absolutely nothing about it but pump him full of sedatives?

Back