Status hearings discussion thread / all threads merged

• Thread starter elusive moonwalker
  • Start date
Re: September 21, hearing, tv coverage

InSession
Judge in MJ death trial says he will rule on the admissibility of the study from Chile that says drinking propofol may not kill later.

InSession
Judge in Dr. Conrad Murray trial says he will rule on the admissibility of the "This Is It" press conf. video later.

InSession
There will be another hearing in the #ConradMurray trial tomorrow at 4pm ET.

When he says 'later' does that mean maybe in todays meeting, or later yesterday? I can't find his decissions on those points or the outcome of Karen Faye.

Re: september 22 nd hearing

I guess no news yet. I wonder if he complained to the judge about dirty looks from fans.

well the hearing hasn't happened yet they mean 4pm LA time which is still a good 8 hours away....I posted it early so that I wouldn't forget to post it..:blush:

It wasnt yesterday as there is no ruling or nothing reported anyway. The chile ruling needs to come sooner as thats part of the pros case. i guess he can wait to rule on karen as that from the defence case. which wont start till later

I'll be waiting up until the hearing is over. I wanna hear everything before I go to bed.

Hearings at 13,00 l.a time it was 1600 est. appreciate updates as ill be at work again.getting the shifts in before nxt week.

Hearings at 13,00 l.a time it was 1600 est. appreciate updates as ill be at work again.getting the shifts in before nxt week.

yeah,,,Elusive I can understand why you want to get those shifts in. :hug: I wish I could to.but unfortunately I cannot..but then again.maybe me going to work Will be a distraction for me. hmm...I wonder if I will be sick any days next week...:ninja:

Yeah luckily im a casual worker so i just put myself available when i want. but then if i dont work i dont get paid. but mjs my priority for at least the first couple of weeks of the trial. ill be working some shifts after that but ive spread them out and obviously once the juries out ill not be working during the court day until they come back

so I heard on my local news station that for jury selection .that usually the jurors have that questionnaires to fill out...well for this case they are gonna have that AND all of their social media outlets will b looked at...such as facebook.. twitter.....anything that they socialize on. The court wants to know what it is they have been up to.

yeah,,,Elusive I can understand why you want to get those shifts in. :hug: I wish I could to.but unfortunately I cannot..but then again.maybe me going to work Will be a distraction for me. hmm...I wonder if I will be sick any days next week...:ninja:

I wish I could do that too. :( On the other hand, like you said, Thunder, I might need the distraction to make it until the end in one piece. Just heard teachers are on strike tuesday. Of course, I will follow. Kinda... :ninja:

Beth Karas InSession
Attorneys will be back in chambers with the judge this afternoon to continue reviewing juror questionnaires and excusing some jurors "for cause." Conrad Murray will not be present. General questioning of jurors begins at 8 am PT tomorrow.

Judge keeps jury selection talks secret in Conrad Murray trialBy Alan Duke, CNN
September 22, 2011 -- Updated 1129 GMT (1929 HKT)
Dr. Conrad Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter in the 2009 death of pop star Michael Jackson.STORY HIGHLIGHTS
NEW: The judge keeps "for cause" juror-dismissal talks secret
NEW: Defense, prosecution agree on "a fair number" of dismissal, the prosecutor says
The final jury is expected to be chosen Friday
Opening statements in the trial of Michael Jackson's lawyer are set for Tuesday
Los Angeles (CNN) -- The hearing to decide which potential jurors to dismiss "for cause" in the Conrad Murray trial was moved behind closed doors Wednesday afternoon, shutting out the public from what the judge described "confidential discussions."

"While they will be on the record, the record will remain confidential until the court rules otherwise," Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor said before leaving the courtroom with lawyers from each side.
The secret talks begin a critical phase of the process for choosing 12 Los Angeles citizens who will decide if Michael Jackson's doctor is criminally responsible for the pop icon's death.

Dr. Murray's defense lawyers and Los Angeles County prosecutors will argue over which of 145 potential jurors should be dismissed from the jury pool "for cause," a process designed to remove anyone with a bias they cannot put aside.
Both sides met before Wednesday's hearing to reach common ground on potential jurors they both deem unfit to hear the case.
"There's a fair number we agreed," Deputy District Attorney David Walgren told the court.

Another session of "for cause" discussions will be held Thursday at 1 p.m. to complete the process, Judge Pastor said.

The potential jurors remaining in the pool will gather in court Friday for face-to-face questioning by the lawyers. It is expected 12 jurors and at least four alternates will be chosen by the end court Friday.
Dr. Conrad Murray, who is charged with involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death, faces up to four years in prison if the jury finds him guilty.
The "for cause" strikes will be based mostly on written answers potential jurors gave to 113 questions earlier this month.

Lawyers have had a week to study the questionnaire responses, a process they went through once before in April before the trial was delayed for several months.
"One of the things that we learned in the case the last go-around in the jury selection, it's absolutely shocking how many jurors think already they know everything about this case," defense lawyer Ed Chernoff said in an interview last week with Jean Casarez, a reporter with CNN sister network In Session.

Opening statements for the trial, which will be televised, are scheduled for September 27. The judge told members of the jury pool he expects their service will be over on or about October 28.

The Los Angeles coroner has ruled that Jackson's death on June 25, 2009, was caused by an overdose of the surgical anesthetic propofol, combined with other drugs.
Prosecutors have accused Murray, who served as Jackson's personal and full-time physician at the time, of having a role in the overdose.
They contend Murray used a makeshift intravenous drip to administer propofol intended to help Jackson sleep, a practice they argue violated the standard of care and led to the pop music icon's death.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/21/justice/california-conrad-murray-jury/

Last edited:

http://teammichaeljackson.com/p-v-cm-sept-21st-2011

About the motion filed by defense the day before yesterday (on Tuesday) with the DVD of the conference press, judge asked the people if they had an opportunity to provide a response, and Walgren said they had not.

About Dr. Shafer and the Chilean study, Walgren said they had provided additional discovery to the defense but the latter argued they had just got it.

Walgren also mentioned they had been provided a c.v. (by Flanagan??) of a medical doctor who is assisting Walgren with toxicology and pathology. He may become a witness, but they are not sure yet.

There will be no decission for Karen Faye. The media-report are not correct about this issue. Here is what Walagran said about Faye on the Monday-hearing.

http://teammichaeljackson.com/p-v-cm-sept-19th-2011

Thank you for reminding us that.

It's easy to get confused: the media got it wrong from the start and when prosecutors asked for a "limit", they wrote "exclusion".

On the 15th September hearing the issue was deferred to Wednesday 21st, that's why the expectation that the issue would be tackled yesterday (21st).

But as you say, it had already been discussed on Monday 19th.

Thanks, again.

On In Session they keep saying that the prosecution & defense are getting along really well. They also played a clip where the dancer Chucky Klapow said they didn't know what MJ they would get: frail or amazing - (not his exact words). :scratch:

They are showing lots of clips of TII & talking about how amazing he was.

PatrickNBCLA Patrick Healy

Lawyers in #ConradMurray manslaughter case back seeking agreement on prospective jurors to exclude for bias based only on questionnaire.
PatrickNBCLA Patrick Healy

Lawyers in #ConradMurray case not divulging how many of 145 prospective jurors will be brought in for voir dire questioning process 8a Fri.

On In Session they keep saying that the prosecution & defense are getting along really well. They also played a clip where the dancer Chucky Klapow said they didn't know what MJ they would get: frail or amazing - (not his exact words). :scratch:

They are showing lots of clips of TII & talking about how amazing he was.

:thinking:

Yes > :scratch:

Thanks guys. Things will heat up on the 27th.

Back