Surprising things you learnt about Michael?

Damn that's awesome, I would've loved to see the two properly collaborate (outside of a remix). Massive respect to Paris too, she's so mature.

I have no problem with anything else Paris said other then Michael not seeing music as a competition.
You don't get as far as Michael did without being competitive, and Michael became the best to ever do it.
On the whole, I think that Michael was SO confident in being the best that he had no problem praising other artists, listening to their music, etc. :)

Additionally, and whether or not Paris knows this, it's a fact that people are always looking to discredit Michael in some way shape or form, and as Michael Jackson fans we know that if even the smallest record that Michael holds is surpassed or broken that the media will jump at it as a chance to take Michael's hard earned crown as the King/King of Pop, so with that in mind I don't really think Michael's fans should be HAPPY when one of his records are broken.
And the rules have changed so much that the artists/entertainers today don't have to work as hard as Michael did to obtain his records in order to surpass them.

However, I do think that Michael's fans should be confident enough in his status as the best to not froth at the mouth when every little record that he gets broken or surpassed.

As for Michael not talking shit about other artists we know that he himself said great artist don't do that, and Michael without a doubt regarded himself as a great artist. :)

As for suprising things I learned about Michael nothing comes to mind right now, if I can think of something I'll come back and post it later. :yes:

Last edited:
Well for me this happen back in 1988 when I was 8 years old. I remember watching the Bad video. And I was immediately surprise to know that Michael was just like me. Because we both suffer with a skin disorder. I knew that is what he had. Because his skin was more lighter than I remember it being. I just didn't know at the time of what kind he had. My skin disorder is Eczema. And only during cold weather. Is when it gets extremely bad. And just like Michael I too was made fun of with my skin disorder.

I was surprised to learn he was interested in playing Jar Jar Binks. I'm glad he didn't. I can't see him portraying Jar Jar and I think his real life status could potentially overtake the character, in the sense that it'd be hard to hear his voice and not go 'oh hey that's Michael Jackson".

Also in 2009, he was keen to begin producing a Harry Potter theatrical play, but J.K. Rowling declined the opportunity.

Last edited:
Jar Jar Binks is one of the most hated characters by Star Wars fans (though I never understood that), so I think it is a good thing MJ did not play him. Otherwise it would be blamed on him.

Jar Jar Binks is one of the most hated characters by Star Wars fans (though I never understood that), so I think it is a good thing MJ did not play him. Otherwise it would be blamed on him.

Mmm potentially. I always see the criticism of Jar Jar Binks directed at George Lucas, never Ahmed Best (who played Jar Jar). If MJ played Jar Jar, I can think of a few situations where the blame will go one way or the other, but it's all hypotheticals.

Last edited:
Mmm potentially. I always see the criticism of Jar Jar Binks directed at George Lucas, never Ahmed Best (who played Jar Jar). If MJ played Jar Jar, I can think of a few situations where the blame will go one way or the other, but it's all hypotheticals.

Ahmed Best is not a big target for the media etc. like MJ is though.

Ahmed Best is not a big target for the media etc. like MJ is though.

Yeah I know, I took that into account when I was thinking about it earlier. Given the hypothetical nature of it all I wasn't really in for a debate about it though, so I kept my post short.

Sometimes when I see some new little fact about Michael pop up in an article or something I'm not sure if it's true or not because of all the stuff that's constantly made up about Michael.
That's probably one of the biggest reasons I have nothing to post here LOL.

What he had to go through while shooting YRMW. Watching the private home movies had made me believe the shooting was all about fun and professionalism. Thank you very much for making him laugh Chris.

Last edited:
I was very surprised when I learned that Michael not only was a gifted artist concerning his drawing skills, but also shared an airport hangar with another artist (Brett L-S) where they had a real studio / atelier! :dropdead:

I also never cease to be amazed at all of his extrodinary / unparalleled talents and how he found the time to
- perfect his talents
- give so much time for his humanitarian work
- read so many frikkin good books :lol:
- etc. .....

that he had seen Chucky (Child's Play) 3 :wub:

Last edited:
Most of the stuff I was surprised about were more so stuff that are more... 'invasive' I'd say.. All the other simpler stuff never really surprised me.. at least stuff that comes to mind!

This isn't about Michael, but Clancy Brown, the man who played the police officer at the end of the Speed Demon short film is also the voice of Mr. Krabs on Spongebob Square Pants.

The one thing I can think of right now is his vocal warm up, it blew me away. I'd rather hear Michael warming up for half an hour than any contemporary performer singing live.

I was greatly surprised in my teens, to learn Michael was a fan of Charlie Chaplin. Back then, I never made any kind of connection between them...but now I realize it was probably my own limited perception. To me, Chaplin was a silent film star whose popularity had all but ended by the time I was born, while Michael was the biggest musical genius on the planet. That was a very huge difference in my mind, so it never occurred to me that anyone would still be a fan of him...especially someone closely identified with musical spectacle. Its somewhat odd then, that I'd wind up loving Michael's rendition of "Smile" so much.

I was really suprised and happy that Michael helped producing the soundtrack for Sonic 3, since I'm a big fan of Sonic too!
I also found kinda funny that he wanted to buy the rights to Marvel and was thinking about playing as Spider-Man. :rofl:

Back