Teddy Riley and Michael Prince working on a new project

It started as a demo for behind the mask yes, but MJ fell onto the laptop after doing a 360 degree spin and deleted the entire session, so they started a new one.
Give it to Lord Jackson, he will use system recovery to retrieve it. From 30+ years ago, absolutely W yowzers.

Rampage song is finished or not? I just wondered does it have same level of completion like get your weight off of me? or it less completed?

44 vocals could also be from only one song 😜

I wouldn't mind Timbaland coming back, though I'm sure I'm alone in that thought.

I personally wonder if MJ actively disliked him though, since they never crossed paths, which, you'd think they would.

Im excited cos.... Teddy! Gotta respect Mr Riley. Mr NJS. A world full of experience, humbled.. He's humble, watch those interviews
and guess what.. He worked on Dangerous.

Oh, And everyone loves the work he did with BB. My Prerogative.. I've never met many people who don't. He did the title track To Ghost busters 2 'we're on our own' - too right?

As long as we know "Shut Up And Dance" does not have vocals, unless they prove us otherwise. Let's put there "Throwing Your Life Away" and "Chicago 1945", and maybe a totally unheard song like "Remember What I Told You"
I never do mess with leaks... But "remember what i told you" .. Curiosity got the better of me again argh

I wouldn't mind Timbaland coming back, though I'm sure I'm alone in that thought.

I personally wonder if MJ actively disliked him though, since they never crossed paths, which, you'd think they would.
Well, you are not alone. I especially like the earlier work of timbaland using experimental sounds and creating cool new rhythms with it. Are you that somebody by Aaliyah is a great example of the sound I’m referring to.

Well, you are not alone. I especially like the earlier work of timbaland using experimental sounds and creating cool new rhythms with it. Are you that somebody by Aaliyah is a great example of the sound I’m referring to.
Yeah, he was pretty trend setting. Maybe that's just not where MJ's head was at. Especially since that was more Janet's sounds, and he didn't encroach on her material like that.

I like Timbaland but his attitude towards MJ's music and thought behind his remixes means he should be kept away from any future projects imo.
I don't remember him saying anything that intense. Except that he would take the piano outta LNFSG and add a Prince twang to the song.

I love Timbaland, but I think he should only do remixes as opposed to official album mixes. Best of both worlds in that regard.

Sometimes I wonder what Invincible would’ve sounded like with Timbo as the main producer. I think it would’ve been absolutely crazy. But I don’t think it was a case of personal dislike; there’s plenty of producers and songwriters you’d think MJ would work with but never did. Maybe it was just a would’ve could’ve should’ve thing.

Timbaland is a great producer but his work on Xscape was a mixed big. LNFSG with JT was the best remix he did. Pharrell Williams or Calvin Harris could be a good choice next IMO.

Timbaland should not have worked on the 'Xscape' posthumous album.

Only producers who had worked in the studio with Michael Jackson (when the singer was still alive) should finish or contemporize the unfinished songs that they had worked on together with Michael Jackson.

The reason is very simple: only these producers know better than anyone else how Michael Jackson would have wanted these unfinished songs to sound in their finished form.

Quincy Jones, Teddy Riley, Bill Bottrell, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, David Foster, Rodney Jerkins, etc, are the ideal choices for finishing or contemporizing some of the singer's unfinished songs for inclusion on future posthumous albums.

Timbaland should not have worked on the 'Xscape' posthumous album.

Only producers who had worked in the studio with Michael Jackson (when the singer was still alive) should finish or contemporize the unfinished songs that they had worked on together with Michael Jackson.

The reason is very simple: only these producers know better than anyone else how Michael Jackson would have wanted these unfinished songs to sound in their finished form.

Quincy Jones, Teddy Riley, Bill Bottrell, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, David Foster, Rodney Jerkins, etc, are the ideal choices for finishing or contemporizing some of the singer's unfinished songs for inclusion on future posthumous albums.
Great, an Mj_frenzy take I can't disagree with or I'll look crazy.

I love Timbaland, but I think he should only do remixes as opposed to official album mixes. Best of both worlds in that regard.
Ehh. That's below his paygrade tbh.

Sometimes I wonder what Invincible would’ve sounded like with Timbo as the main producer. I think it would’ve been absolutely crazy. But I don’t think it was a case of personal dislike; there’s plenty of producers and songwriters you’d think MJ would work with but never did. Maybe it was just a would’ve could’ve should’ve thing.
That's a loaded statement actually. One things for sure, JT would not be out here like that.

I am free there's lots of people, but as far as I know, MJ at least met most of them. They never even ran into each other. Aaliyah knew Janet but not MJ. Tupac never met MJ but apparently would've done a verse for him?

Timbo: I never met the man.

Just a small small world other than that.

I really hope they will bring other artists to fill in the gaps for half-finished songs like "Boy No", "Hot Fun", etc... I believe "Boy No" has at least 1 verse and a chorus recorded, so they can allow somebody else to do the 2nd verse as a duet track. The other positive thing to that method is that the song/album can get more attention if they choose the right artist like they did with Timberlake on "Love Never Felt So Good".

This honestly isn't a guaranteed formula, Rodney Jerkins and Lenny Kravitz worked on some songs with the Estate but their remixes are worse than the original versions of their songs.

I agree. Especially since songs like “Heartbreaker” and “Privacy” are very similar to his style. I wonder why MJ never worked with him, especially since he produced that “futuristic” sound MJ wanted for Invincible.

I agree. Especially since songs like “Heartbreaker” and “Privacy” are very similar to his style. I wonder why MJ never worked with him, especially since he produced that “futuristic” sound MJ wanted for Invincible.
Timbaland was in JTs camp and MJ wanted JT to have a successful career. So that makes sense why. Before then, he had Teddy Riley and Jam & Lewis, so who else did he need? Rodney was Teddy's pupil also.

What they could and should do is invite in modern talents and partner them with MJ's long time collaboraters. Before they kinda left everyone to their own devices, and then with Xscape you had L.A. Reid, who does know music, but not MJ. The closest thing is Anka and Drake, except Drake makes terrible music and is a terrible person so that's not surprising it's it own moral crisis.

But anyway.

You get modern talents, today's beatmakers and producers, together with say, Michael Prince,Brad Sundberg, Buxer, Rodney, and Teddy, and they all partner up and work together, then that's the best of many worlds.

What they could and should do is invite in modern talents and partner them with MJ's long time collaboraters. Before they kinda left everyone to their own devices, and then with Xscape you had L.A. Reid, who does know music, but not MJ. The closest thing is Anka and Drake, except Drake makes terrible music and is a terrible person so that's not surprising it's it own moral crisis.

But anyway.

You get modern talents, today's beatmakers and producers, together with say, Michael Prince,Brad Sundberg, Buxer, Rodney, and Teddy, and they all partner up and work together, then that's the best of many worlds.
This would be amazing- imagine if they did something like The Beatles Anthology. Release MJ demos for the fans, and include a few modernized tracks for singles. Especially since most of the demos left in the vault are incomplete.

Back