Teddy Riley Interview: Unreleased song Joy sung by Michael Jackson will be given to Estate!

MsMo

Proud Member
Please Note: You are welcome to discuss Teddy Riley and the song Joy as that is the topic here. but Please do not bring Cascio track discussions into this thread. We have a designated thread for that discussion in the Controversy forum. Posts bringing that discussion in here can and will be edited, moved or deleted without notice. Thank you for your cooperation. ~ Team MJJC

:clap::woohoo::clapping: Teddy doesn't start talking about Joy until the beginning of part 3

Was released by Riley's Blackstreet with Michael's blessing with Mahalia Jackson credited instead of Michael for songwriter

Imagine Michael singing that! :wild:

Last edited:
I'll belive it when it actually happens

This is great news. The rest is on the estate hands.

The way teddy speaks about Michael you see the pride and joy in his eyes. Its a beautiful thing to see :)

Last edited:
I want this song... I hope it gets released one day.

Nice song. I can't wait till the Estate releases more of Michsel's music.

Wow! Another great song? We want it on new album ; )
I think it could be rly "Legacy" of Michael Jackson.

I remember when Joy was released as a single back in the day, I wanted to buy it because one MJ magazine has some info about MJ working on the song.

Should have been on MICHAEL instead of other Teddy Riley produced songs.

I want a fake fireplace door too!!!! :wild: :lol:

Great interview!

Hope to hear the song!!

I like the Blackstreet-version of the song. You can really who wrote it, sounds like a classic MJ song :) Hope we get to hear the original version soon. I'm just wondering why Riley waited until now to give it to the Estate. Weren't all the musicians asked to hand over their MJ-stuff about 3 years ago?

Finally someone posted this. I was going to but didn't know where to put it. I got to see Blackstreet live last week at Wembley. Teddy's that dude. I love how it (Joy) was gonna make the final track-list then omitted because in his words "Michael hadn't experienced it yet". Really made sense to me.

I expect MJ's version to be 1000x better even though I like Blackstreets. I remember hearing Q's demo of "Heaven can wait" and then Michael's...a HUGE difference, not just his vocals but the emotion put into the song.

IMO Teddy Riley should not have anything to do with any future release.
Agreed. Honestly, I don't see why it wouldn't have been in Michael's vault since the day it was recorded. But if for some reason it wasn't, hand it over Teddy and anything else you're hoarding and buzz off. And this is coming from a former fan of Teddy Riley who still admires his older work.

www.MessenTools.com-34%20pensativo.gif
tumblr_min1azEQq71r116s7o1_400.gif
Let's see.... :fear:

And your reason for thinking this is what?
Accepts Casico songs and works on them, later saying It's MJ

After working on them he finally says he gets to work on a legit MJ song.
Calls Taryll saying "I'm so excited, I finally got a 'Michael record.' It's called Hollywood Tonight and it's him."

Slaughters Hollywood Tonight, twists the storyline to it, removes the beautiful falsetto bridge, EQs the demo so we can hear it filtered underneath the track, puts AUTOTUNE on MJ's voice, removes "She's only fifteen" line from it, brags on how he finished it so quickly, I can go on and on.

Believes MJ is alive

Just what I could think of at the moment...

Can someone translate/explain what "Homey in the house" means?? Thanks! I have an idea but would like some other people's input.

Back