The 2011 VMA AWARD SHOW !! UPDATE Michael Jackson Vanguard Award has been reinstated

as for the magic of the show...., MTVs are awesome...., hi-tech performances... and the atmosphere... wow....

but most artists and their videos... are crap...

wowwww yall really watched that mess???? Rest In Peace MTV.... Rest in peace POP music.... Last night showed just how bad pop music is.... I didnt even watch it.... The last time I saw MTV was 09 and even in 09 I didnt watch the whole thing.. just the MJ tribute

i didnt think the show as that bad but it was still prettty bad. i did think LadyGaga's performance was pretty cool. she really played the guy charcter pretty well i though. her new song is awesome and yeah i was totally expecting more from her. the rest of the show was just lame. i didnt really think any of the performances were good and the ppl who won like best new artist i had NEVER even herd of. i was pleased they reinstated the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard award and i did think the tribute to Amy Winehouse was nice. i though Russel Brands speech was sweet and Bruno Mars did a pretty good job with his performance. i will say though with the vanguard award i think it would be even better if they changed the statue to one of Michael instead of the moonman just for that award since it is called "the michael jackson video vanguard award". just makes more sence really. but anyways it was a OK show but i wasnt totally blown away.

I hope it is really reinstated. It is bittersweet and most things are now because Michael isn't here anymore. But they have been many wrongs done to Michael big and small that should be corrected. First the school with his name and now this. It doesn't change the hurt and humiliation Michael went through but it's positive for him in the long run.

I never liked Lady Gaga but if it was her idea to say Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award then she's gone up in my book. I hope it was MTV reinstating the name, but if it wasn't then I hope from now on every time it will be presented the presenter will say Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award until MTV don't get it and don't reinstate the name officially!

Agree!

wowwww yall really watched that mess???? Rest In Peace MTV.... Rest in peace POP music.... Last night showed just how bad pop music is.... I didnt even watch it.... The last time I saw MTV was 09 and even in 09 I didnt watch the whole thing.. just the MJ tribute

Wow, you read my thoughts exactly. MTV will never be the same and pop/r&b music will never be the same w/o Michael. I didn't watch it either and from the comments I didn't miss a thing. It was nice to know that some artists acknowledge Michael and hopefully MTV will finally get it and reinstate the rightful name of the award as it was originally intended.

I didn't watch the rest of the show, because I know they're not gonna mention Michael anyways. MTV is just dead.

It's slightly off-topic, but it's from MTV so i'll put it here...

Remembering Michael Jackson
Posted by Nicole James

80028891.jpg

Credit: Getty Images

There's not much we can say about the late Michael Jackson today on what would have been the King Of Pop's 53rd birthday that has not already been said. He's a source of endless inspiration for today's musicians young and old, and his influence can be felt in nearly every genre of music. You can put a quarter in any jukebox in the country, select "Billie Jean," and have a bar full of friends within five minutes. Michael Jackson's music isn't just entertainment; it's a connecting force.

Instead of recapping everything he's done for the music industry, for pop music and the sequined glove market (single-handedly... get it?), we invite you to share your favorite memories of Michael Jackson and what you're doing to remember the pop music icon. I'll start: "The Way You Make Me Feel." On repeat. All day.

Happy birthday, Michael Jackson! To put it simply, thanks.

+ Let us know your favorite Michael Jackson memories in the comments below, including your favorite songs, performances and pop culture moments that you'll always remember.

Source: http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2011/08/29/michael-jackson-birthday/

i didn't watch the MTV VMA's because in my eyes they are pretty pointless anymore. There are no videos being played on that channel so i dont see why its called MTV at all. MTV Stands or rather STOOD for MusicTeleVision Now none of that is being played and its all crap reality shows and pointless blather. It needs to be reformatted and put back to the way it used to be then MAYBE the VMA's wouldn't be so pointless.

i didn't watch the MTV VMA's because in my eyes they are pretty pointless anymore. There are no videos being played on that channel so i dont see why its called MTV at all. MTV Stands or rather STOOD for MusicTeleVision Now none of that is being played and its all crap reality shows and pointless blather. It needs to be reformatted and put back to the way it used to be then MAYBE the VMA's wouldn't be so pointless.

This is the total truth.

I agree. I watched a video on YouTube with Lady Gaga's performance (I was looking for the part where the MJ Vanguard Award was announced) and I still can't see what's so great about her. I honestly can't. Her music is average eurodance to be honest. Every second song at the Eurovision sounds like this.

I didn´t even bother this year to watch at least some parts of the show...and when I read you posts it seems like I haven´t really missed much...

Back