The 3 beeps at the end of TWYMMF?

ebergen

Proud Member
I still can't figure this one out...

I uploaded my 2001 Special Edition of BAD onto iTunes years ago and it's been on there ever since. On my copy, there have been these 3 little computer "beeps" at the end of TWYMMF as the song is fading out. I thought it was just a defect on my copy. But, I just got Bad 25, and it's on there as well... What the hell? Is this on the original pressing? Does anyone know what this is?

I've always just thought they were part of the song, but I know the beeps you are referring to.

I always thought it was a phone ringing or something like the door knock in Beat It

Yeah, those beeps were there even in the HIStory version of the song. The original 1987 version didn't have them. I never liked them.

I thought I was the only crazy person who heard them. They sound like a squeak to me. I don't know what it is or why it is there. Weird.

I just thought it was some weird fade-out beeps. The song ends a few seconds after the beeps.

Whoa.. I used to think It was just me who heard that! Not sure what they are though :/

Whoa.. I used to think It was just me who heard that! Not sure what they are though :/

You really thought you were the only one who heard that? The noises appeared everytime the song was reproduced in Greatest Hits packages starting with HIStory.

Beeps are at about 4:49 on this video. The beeps are also on my Bad CD. I have no idea where they might be coming from. Sounds like it could be computer beeps, but it could be some kind of flute-ey instrument.

It's also present on the alleged first pressing of the single from 1987, at about 4:54 in this video. Oddly enough, it's in an entirely different section of the song. That makes me want to say that it's just a part of the song that's supposed to be there. The tones ring at more-or-less an F, the key of the song itself, so it fits somewhat.

Last edited:
Always thought it was part of the song. It's a synth created noise.

It's a keyboard patch. Part of the song, nothing out of the ordinary.

Yeah, and it's also weird at the beginning of TWYMMF video just before Mike sings 'you knock me off ma feet nah baby.....ohhhh' well just before he sings that bit you hear a pre-recorded version of it for like a split second if anyone knows what I'm talking about lol.

To me the beeps also sound like a natural part of the song. I always liked them, just a bit of extra instrumentation at the end of the song.

Yeah, and it's also weird at the beginning of TWYMMF video just before Mike sings 'you knock me off ma feet nah baby.....ohhhh' well just before he sings that bit you hear a pre-recorded version of it for like a split second if anyone knows what I'm talking about lol.
Hmm, not sure what you mean (but curious!). You hear an instrument there?

Hmm, not sure what you mean (but curious!). You hear an instrument there?
No, sorry I mean just before Mike sings that intro bit you hear a pre-recorded 'you knock me of ma feet nah baby'.... you hear it in the background just before Mike actualy sings it in the video.
(not talking about the bleeps now, soz gone a bit off topic)!!

I love those beeps haha! I thought it was defect on my CD at first too lol.

Yeah, I know about these beeps. It's always sounded like squeaking to me though...

I never paid attention to them until I saw this thread. I think I heard them, but I was probably sing to hard to notice:yes:

Yeah, those beeps have always been there and I never quite understood why. Just seems like a random little noise that doesn't really need to be there lol.

No, sorry I mean just before Mike sings that intro bit you hear a pre-recorded 'you knock me of ma feet nah baby'.... you hear it in the background just before Mike actualy sings it in the video.
(not talking about the bleeps now, soz gone a bit off topic)!!
I noticed that in the video.

I have no idea what these 3 beeps are (I never noticed any beeps).

Back