The Bad Era

It is photoshopped. There was a blue top (1987 style) that was never worn. The 1988 version seen here wasn't made in blue. I still don't understand why people photoshop stuff. It's weird.
I'm sorry, it's just that it looked so realistic and interesting

I'm sorry, it's just that it looked so realistic and interesting
Oh we've all posted photoshopped photos without realising it. So annoying but it happens. I don't even know why people do it although if they *are* going to do it at least stick to just his clothes. There are photoshopped images out there where people have actually changed Michael's face or body. Can't stand that. Dreadful.

I find the whole thing so weird but, like I said, it's happened to all of us. 🙁

How can you stay mad at me when my unbridled passion and unnecessary commentary represents us all at our most unhinged?!
Don't hassle me with questions. We've only just emerged from our hiding place under the table. It got very tense under there. Someone ate all the chocolate biscuits, fgs! I had to watch a J5 video where Randy blocked my view of Marlon. Plus, have you ever tried to execute a Michael Jackson dance move while squashed underneath a table? It's not easy. I accidentally kicked over the biscuit tin.

Like I said, very tense!

Otoh, MM90's gif is restoring my sanity, as we speak. I just stared at it for 2 minutes straight. ❤️

EnIzmrHWMAI4Ixx

EnIzmzMXMAAHMOu
Bumping these because they took my breath away. Is it weird I want wall size prints of these??

@staywild23 @MacMandy90 @Hiker

I'm assuming you've all seen this clip from a Kansas gig. I've only just found it. I think it's charming.

Just in case you haven't seen it, your time stamp is 1m 15s.
The camera angles are all worng!! 😡
Love the smile the moment after he realises that his zipper is open 😂. And those Ab crunches and hip movements, the big belts are totally working
..... Oh what thread is this! 🤔
I think I don't appreciate Bad era enough, there is still that innocent joy in his performance that only the young have and it's so beautiful 🥰🥰

Love the smile the moment after he realises that his zipper is open 😂. And those Ab crunches and hip movements, the big belts are totally working
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I think I don't appreciate Bad era enough, there is still that innocent joy in his performance that only the young have and it's so beautiful 🥰🥰
You really can see it here and it is wonderful. The joyous, open expression on his face is like nothing I've ever seen. As much as I love and adore those Triumph shows - and probably would take Triumph over Bad if I had to choose - there is nothing quite like this, I don't think. I haven't watched a lot of Dangerous clips but I don't think you see it there, either. There is something very specific to the Bad shows and it is magical.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You really can see it here and it is wonderful. The joyous, open expression on his face is like nothing I've ever seen. As much as I love and adore those Triumph shows - and probably would take Triumph over Bad if I had to choose - there is nothing quite like this, I don't think. I haven't watched a lot of Dangerous clips but I don't think you see it there, either. There is something very specific to the Bad shows and it is magical.
Yes, 'magical' is a word I would associate more with Bad than with Dangerous. Not to take anything away from Dangerous :love:, I mean the outfit itself 🎆🎇, if someone told me I have only 20 minutes of screen time left in my life, I would go for Dangerous no doubt. But, there is indeed something magical and open joy in Bad which comes out so well especially in APOM.

OMG 😍 😍 😍

Ok, so I have already spent a lot of time with Bad era Michael today. I am still on a deadline for a project, still have not finished this project, and yet... oohhhh mmyyyy godddd I don't know how to exist. I watched 3-4 Bad tour performances and was 'wilding' about like you don't even know. And then, I log on here, and see posts in my second favorite thread (although 'curls' and 'sweat' are up there too....) and it's like, who am I anymore? A permanent Bad era groupie is the only answer. I am Dirty Diana without the access!!

Anyway...

Oh, I have seen this one. I have seen the hell out of it lol. Beyond adorable. Beyond charming. Just so so cute. Also, can we talk about the hip thrusts at 1:38 because... I am trying to think if I can phrase this in a classy way....

Nope. Can't. I am broken in half.

RIGHT?! I can't be reminded that there is a zipper there. Or any access at all, for anyone, including Michael...

sorry, what thread is this? I make no apologies. This is not my fault. 😂

JFC Hiker, YES to all of this!! I am buckling at the knees.

NO ONE HAS EVER APPRECIATED BAD ERA ENOUGH!!! I'm not even capable of appreciating it enough. It deserves everything. 24/7 worship.

I will die on this hill lol.

I am screaming inside of my entire heart! The Bad shows are EUPHORIC.

Yes, 'magical' is a word I would associate more with Bad than with Dangerous. Not to take anything away from Dangerous :love:, I mean the outfit itself 🎆🎇, if someone told me I have only 20 minutes of screen time left in my life, I would go for Dangerous no doubt. But, there is indeed something magical and open joy in Bad which comes out so well especially in APOM.
OMG I love this lol. I have not thought about this, but I am 100% on board. Except I would, of course, go for Bad.

APOM is almost the height of Michael being magical, for me. I say almost because he had so many magical moments that it's impossible to truly pick one. But APOM burns a hole right through my heart lol. It's one of my favorite songs to watch him perform, to the point that I barely listen to the song anymore because I would so much rather see him perform it live. His joy is tangible. It permeates the air around him. It permeates the screen. It's impossible not to feel a swelling of pure delight watching him perform it...

Among other things...

so many other things... 🥵

PS: I'm a hot mess today.

if someone told me I have only 20 minutes of screen time left in my life, I would go for Dangerous no doubt.
Using my street witch talents I have made sure I live in a more sympathetic universe where I can have more than 20 mins of screen time.

30 mins? 40 mins? I haven't fine-tuned it yet. The heatwave is now full on and my brain is fried but this is my first draft. I reserve the right to amend the list if necessary.

Assuming I have approx 30 - 40 mins of screen time to watch Michael I'm going for (in no particular order):

1 - short version Smooth Criminal video / 4 mins
2 - Osaka / BWT 1987 / approx 40s / hair tuck and blinking
3 - 5m 30s / visit to Russian orphanage / 1993
4 - Hayvenhurst video clip / 2m 59s / Michael talking about dawn, dusk, inspiration
5 - 4m 36s / Beat It video
6 - short video clip from (HWT?) / 20s / Michael sings 'I'm so glad we had this time ...'
7 - 5m 30s / video for Give In To Me
8 - J5 / Miss Black America Pageant 1969 / 4m 23s / 'It's Your Thing'
9 - Live in Mexico / J5 / 4m 30s / One Day In Your Life
10 - 4m 35s / Keep On Dancin' / Jacksons / Destiny tour / Rainbow Theatre, London
11 - BWT 1987 / Tokyo / black shirt / WBSS / 5m 30s
12 - 40s / 1982 / Quincy Jones' Rose Bowl show / Michael singing with Ashford and Simpson - the video clip / Stuff Like That

Too tired to tot it up but, anyway, this is my list and I'm jolly well sticking to it. I feel the need for more talking video clips to be included but am too heatwaved - out to think. This will do.

Last edited:
Assuming I have approx 30 - 40 mins of screen time to watch Michael I'm going for (in no particular order):
haha, I think I am going to spend all of it watching Michael in Dangerous outfit performing Human Nature :love:, and maybe some to panther dance now that I have seen the gif again.

Back